1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The DAVINCI IQ

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Davinci_vaporizer, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Vaporcussion

Vaporcussion Well-Known Member

Yes, it still closes, and I'm using it! I'll see what Davinci says...

WakeAndVape likes this.
  2. WakeAndVape

WakeAndVape VapeLife X

Man...I let my bowl get dirtier than normal (because I was away from home and exclusively using IQ) and I realized there is a hairline crack in the bowl...

This means it had to always be present because I never dropped it.

Unless the zirconia bead cracked it while closing...

@Davinci_vaporizer what's the procedure for something like this?

I've only had it over a week...what's the RMA turnaround time look like?

[​IMG]
    :(

Edit: on a side note I left my flavor chamber empty for the first time since I got it...and holy fuck! It makes a defference...might have to update my review!

This vape hits harder than I previously stated!!!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    Davinci_vaporizer, AJS and vapen00b like this.
  3. Glass004

Glass004 Consumer Advocate

In the past with Ascent returns I experienced 4-8 day returns once it was received including shipping. They received my IQ at DaVinci last Weds. I am sure they had Christmas off so........
    DaVinci has always honored my warranty returns, I have 6-7 Ascent chargers and a box of glassware to prove it. I am confident I will have a working IQ soon. I love my Ascent but I miss the efficiency and refined design of the IQ. Compared to the IQ, my Ascent is wasting my stash.
    Previously they sent an order status notification via email with shipping info once the RMA has been completed.
    Patience my friend, let us know when you get yours back.
    What broke on your IQ?

4. xhighflyerx23mjx

xhighflyerx23mjx Well-Known Member

Does anyone else's unit gets ridiculously hot? To the point where it's almost unbearable to touch? Even on smartpath 1 it gets super hot.

5. Reggie Watts

Reggie Watts Well-Known Member

There seems to be a lot of unit-to-unit variability in that regard. Mine has gotten that hot a few times, but only on SP3-4, and that was at the end of a 20 minute session. Others have reported similar behavior to yours.

6. xhighflyerx23mjx

xhighflyerx23mjx Well-Known Member

I literally can't hold it. Would this be a reason to RMA? or is there some sort of cover for it?

vapen00b likes this.
  7. dredogg

dredogg New Member

It shouldn't be that way on smart path one. From smart path 3-4 it's common. So I would say investigate getting Davinci to sort it out.

Davinci_vaporizer likes this.
  8. KeroZen

KeroZen Chronic vapaholic

I'd rather say there seems to be a lot of consistency in the way all units get hot, but a lot of variation in how user hands can handle the heat. Some find it hot, some find it burning hot...

9. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I hear you, @KeroZen, but do we really know this. Whenever there is an issue of people reporting that a particular vape gets hot while others find that vape just fine, it is always a question of whether the units perform differently or just some people's hands are that sensitive to heat.

Until someone can put an accurate thermometer on one that's too hot (and one that's not), I don't think the answer to this question can be known from scattershot subjective reports.

Cheers

10. Damper

Damper Member

where can i see my credit, my davinci account shows nothing...

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  11. canalguyopen

canalguyopen Member

Mine too. I asked the question if anyone else received their credit but no one replied. I also did the survey and still show nothing.

WakeAndVape, Reggie Watts and AJS like this.
  12. Damper

Damper Member

i just see the credits i have already used

Reggie Watts likes this.
  13. purplek

purplek 710

The first survey stated that user accounts would be credited by the 31st of December...not sure about the second survey because I missed it. Stay vaped y'all!

14. Reggie Watts

Reggie Watts Well-Known Member

Idk...if somebody claims their IQ is untouchable on SP1, either that unit is very different from mine, or that person has ridiculously sensitive hands (and they wouldn't be able to hold any vaporizer, not just this one).

Edit: To be fair, I haven't tried leaving it on SP1 for a long session. Maybe it gets that hot after a long enough session (like 20 minutes) on any temp.

15. DenvertheJake

DenvertheJake New Member

You're right Reggie. Being an asthmatic I vape at low temps only. It does get "hot" after 20 minutes on sp1 but I would compare it to a moderate hand warmer. Nothing like it's being stated here.

16. joeblowssmoke

joeblowssmoke Member

In my experience people just vape differently. I like to milk my avb until it's black. This means I like long sessions and also vape at the highest temps my vapes go. Because of this I had 3 craftys fail. Many people say that their crafty has worked from the start and that some were just faulty but I'm convinced my long sessions are what did my craftys in. Either way, longer sessions definitely give the heat more time to radiate outward and make the vape warmer. My IQ has gotten hot enough to make me wonder if it could be a problem, but the heat has never been anywhere near burning me. I'd say I've averaged 15-20 minute sessions with the IQ so far and it's at 430° a majority of the time.

Everything about this vape seems like it could be the best portable yet. I've had a few problems though. Has anyone else had a problem with connecting to the app? And as my final comparison to the crafty, the IQ just seems to not make the same clouds as my crafty or my solo. I'm hoping it just needs a little seasoning and then it'll be ready, but we'll see!

WakeAndVape and DenvertheJake like this.
  17. DenvertheJake

DenvertheJake New Member

I had an issue when using the app with my cell phone which is an S5. I then tried it on my Ipad and it worked flawlessly. Obviously doesn't help if you don't have an apple ios product.

18. joeblowssmoke

joeblowssmoke Member

Odd. I have an iPhone so it must just be something else. Sure it will be fixed eventually.

19. Vaporcussion

Vaporcussion Well-Known Member

I'd like to see the numbers in PT scroll a little slower; it goes by too fast, keep passing my temps....

Davinci_vaporizer likes this.
  20. INeedARefund

INeedARefund New Member

Hello,
    Can anyone Please tell my why it is acceptable for me to be Cyber-Bullied, Defamed and Slandered on this site with no protection whatsoever?

Can anyone find any post where I mentioned a single Race or said a single negative thing about ANY Race?

Can anyone tell me why the user who called me a Racist, Defamed, Slandered and Cyber Bullied me ( All of which are against Federal Law) was not Punished and Muted as I was?
    And why all those that "Liked" the Post of this User calling me a Racist were not also punished?

I have contacted my Lawyer and he informed me all this falls Under Cyber Bullying.

I did NOTHING wrong or to deserve such treatment.

Can I at least get an Apology?

Thanks Everyone!

21. DenvertheJake

DenvertheJake New Member

Have you tried reinstalling the app?

22. INeedARefund

INeedARefund New Member

For an Update,
    Davinci finally responded to me stating all I needed to do to get a Full Refund was to Ship the Unit back and email him the Tracking #.
    In a following email he stated that ONLY if I wanted a Replacement Unit I would need to get an RMA # and provide him a Serial #.

I have copies of these emails for any Legal Purposes.

I shipped the Unit back this morning and emailed him the Tracking #.

He then replied back to me that If I did not Include an RMA # and Serial # that he would return the unit back to me No Refund.

I replied back and told him to scroll down and read his earlier message that all I needed was a Tracking # for a Full Refund.

He then told me I was Uncooperative.

Well Good Luck to anyone Else who tries to get a Refund from these People.
    They will try every trick in the book to get out of it.

By the Way, this is NOT Company Bashing, it is Honesty.
    I am ONLY trying to help others who lost their Money on a Defective Unit.
    Is that so Wrong or Evil of Me?

Good thing I have Legal Documented Proof of EVERYTHING!!

23. Adobewan

Adobewan Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your situation INeedARefund. It sounds awful, and surprising.

While Cort and Shauntel have their hands full with the launch and only seem to be getting CS up to speed recently, I'm surprised to hear that response from them. They have history here on FC, many of us have been treated quite fairly by them.
    You mentioned that he said you were uncooperative, but you didn't mention if you're issue is being taken care of or not.
    If not, you may want to reach out again and, knowing your justifiably feeling mistreated, try to mask your frustration when communicating with them. You've made your legal position, and willingness to take action in the face of unfair treatment clear, you have a position of strength. You can re-approach peacefully knowing the law is behind you.
    I only stick my nose into this because it's hard to imagine, not only DV being so unfair, but them refusing your refund.

And as crazy as it sounds, I would still recommend a replacement unit instead of the refund, the IQ is that good.

Good luck, I still have faith your issue will be taken care of.

24. Volteric

Volteric Well-Known Member

Recieved black IQ today. Wow! The taste is remarkable. It's very elegant and sexy. Thing is a beast though in its appetite for flower. Tried 3 different strains. Noticed a light tingling glaze in my mouth from fresh hits. When the flavor drops like all vapes it handles itself well. Spent yet cool taste.

25. INeedARefund

INeedARefund New Member

• Warning point issued for continued company bashing and discussing staff decisions. :) for the screenshot
    Thank You Adobewan for your kind words! :tup:

I was beginning to think there were no kind people left in the world after all the bashing and abuse I have received from users and workers from this site.

All the Likes on my posts that I have received from other members on here Keep being Deleted from people who work here.

My Username about, 2 hours ago had been changed to (INEEDABETTERATTITUDE) and then just recently I see was changed back to (INEEDAREFUND)
    GOOD THING I SCREENSHOTTED EVERYTHING FOR MY ATTORNEY! EVERYTHING!

CYBERBULLYING IS AGAINST THE LAW, PERIOD

I was Suspended from this Forum because I mentioned the Word Trump in an earlier Post and was told I was bashing Davinci for speaking the TRUTH!

Yet I am bashed, bullied and called a Racist and nothing happens.

I SCREENSHOTTED IT ALL FOR EVIDENCE, no worry

By the way DELETING or CONCEALING Evidence is A Major CRIME!
    And Contempt - so my Lawyer says

ANYWAY, yes the One full day that my IQ worked I will Admit it was the BEST Vaped I ever used!
    Which is why it hurts so much more to for so very long now not have had my issue addressed.

Davinci said I will not get a refund because I shipped the Unit to a Warehouse and they will not know what to do with it without an RMA number or Serial number.
    But in the box I included all forms of Receipts and a Print out of the email where he stated to ship the unit and send him the Tracking # for a Full Refund.

He was very Rude to me in his last email and said I was Uncooperative.

Well, I have all Documented Proof on my side as my Financial Institution assured me today and Promised me they will be giving me my Full Refund Despite what Davinci says.

So I WON this Battle!

By the way I will Screenshot this Post and any Likes it Receives as Evidence for when the Likes will soon be Deleted, or if this Post gets Deleted to conceal evidence.

Thanks so much!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    JohnyEnglish_CZ likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors