Antarios

Order a IQ the 13th and my order is still at Las vegas. Until they have my money they just don't care about the delivery time. Ordered 6 days before the 19th who was the deadline for having one for christmas and my order is still far away to be delivery. I don't even know if i will having next week. They made a mistake when shipping the fisrt time so they shipped me a other one week after the first shipping and they are don't even able to pay quicker shipping when they made a mistake. The reply of the CS is very quick but the QUALITY of the service they give to me was not good at all. I will wait my IQ but i don't think i will buy from them again ....

Antarios,

Vaporcussion

Received those little vapir liquid pads and they work great; even better than my Ascent screen! I can honestly say that the IQ does very well with small loads. Pad keeps the pearl clean as well :brow: I carefully use the poker to pry out the pad when finished. I wish it had a way (handle or cord) to help get it out, as I don't want to scratch the bowl. Anyway, IQ can be very efficient as well, just hoping for an easier dump /reload option....

craizen

Thank you all for the replies. I think I'll do what @stickstones suggested until I'm able to get a replacement pearl. (I'm hoping that's an replacement part instead of replacing the entire vap).

Take care everyone! Have a nice weekend.

craizen,
Reactions: AJS

Forbin's Dog

Couldn't find the glass flowers from my ascent...went to me LHS looking for spacers and heat conductors and found some of these:
$_3%20(2)-700x700.JPG

It does improve vapor production noticeably and having one on the bottom of the oven makes me feel better too.

If they fit in the flavor chamber I might keep some in there for storage...

I'm light weight excited.

@craizen I don't think it will be an issue even if you leave it on...but If your concerned @stickstones advice is the better route.

I was going to suggest these, but wanted to give it a try first. I used to have a few of these that i used in a glass bowl during my combustion days. I might try to grab a couple and try it myself.

Forbin's Dog,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
For those who missed our last giveaway! Here is another chance! Complete the following survey and the first 100 people will get $20 Davinci store credit! The survey will automatically close when we get 100 responses so if you are able to complete the survey you will receive credit!

Follow the link below to enter!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WhyThisVape

AJS

Calm Consistency
For those who missed our last giveaway! Here is another chance! Complete the following survey and the first 100 people will get $20 Davinci store credit! The survey will automatically close when we get 100 responses so if you are able to complete the survey you will receive credit!

Done and done ... Thanks babes ;)

Actually enjoyed the survey, and shows they're trying to push in the right direction.

I'm upset people are having trouble with CS but I imagine it'll smooth out once they aren't so overwhelmed with everything. Imagine being flooded with emails you really didn't expect. That's tough!

abcdicted

done!! , thanks very much!

Damper

Thanks Davinci! thumbs up, dont know things like that in germany!:tup:

Antarios

I ordered the 13th/12 and how it goes i think my order will be delivery next week, maybe in two week. For me its very long and the CS don't care about me but lot of people seems to have it very quickly like in the same week they ordered

Antarios,

disGRUNTled

I ordered the 13th/12 and how it goes i think my order will be delivery next week, maybe in two week. For me its very long and the CS don't care about me but lot of people seems to have it very quickly like in the same week they ordered

I ordered mine Dec 14, it arrived on Dec 20.

disGRUNTled,

Antarios

Don't made me jealous hahaha . Like i said i think that just me who is not lucky, they seems to don't care about my order but for the other like you the shiping seems pretty fast

Last edited:
Antarios,

BigJr48

Hey everyone, been lurking since my order on Nov. 2 (Blue) #57853. I received my unit yesterday, December 6. I just wanted to post my initial thoughts upon unboxing and first two sessions.

Unboxing impressions: Everything was very neatly organized, and it seemed like packaging suitable for a top-tier product. Although these things I could honestly care less about. What WAS really cool (and unexpected at least for me) were three things: a second little tool/pick (the first being in the unit itself) stealthy sleeved into a silicon "Da Vinci" keychain thingy - neat. The optional mouthpiece/adapter also came with a second silicon seal. I really enjoy having duplicates of these tiny but necessary parts. The last was the little metal/sealable carry can. Will be nice to have to carry around preground herbs.

Aesthetics: It feels great in the hand. Nice weight to it, the material feels great and sturdy in the hand. The blue is not nearly as blue as I was hoping. More like a light silver with a hint of blue. Looks really great though.

App impressions: Cool, but not perfect. I love the accessibility of it, and the dashboard is an awesome visual feedback to have on your temperatures. However, I have a little bit of beef in customizing the Smart Paths. For example, I wish the curve was a bit more free-form (if that's the right word?). Basically I don't like being limited by 3 inflection points, and wished there were more. Also, the smart path can only RAISE the temperature. I actually would be interested in setting a smart path that starts out pretty hot for the first minute in order to help raise the overall temperature of the herb and then cool off towards a more neutral temperature over time. This cannot currently be done, however, it seems like it would be simple to implement this + a more flexible curve pattern. Other little annoyances included the connection breaking anytime I navigated away from the app, and I would need to shutdown the app and restart it to regain that connection.

First session impressions: I weighed out about 0.3g of coarsely ground herbs (I do not have a fine grinder, yet). In hindsight, and for the second session, I upped this to about 0.4g. Which is significant for me, because I typically am solo seshing, so wow, I was a bit overdone by the end, so to speak. I started out on Smart Path 2, the flavor was just fantastic. Got some pretty nice clouds. Towards the last 2 minutes of the session, I was using the Boost functionality to make sure I got everything. Flavor suffered a little bit, but that was to be expected, and actually, it was not as bad as I was expecting.

Battery/warmth: I did not use the 3500mAh battery. Instead I used a high-drain 20A Samsung 25R 2500mAh. It did get warm, but definitely not worryingly hot. And even using the flat mouth piece, never did I feel discomfort. Felt rather good in my cold apartment as well.

Clicking Noise: The clicking noise, as I understand it, is a naturally occurring part of how the electronics work to heat up the oven. I believe what you are hearing is pulse width modulation, working to keep the oven heated, at a controlled and consistent temperature.

Second session impressions: This time I went with 0.4g and tried to do a 5-min sesh from around 360-390 and then save the rest for another 5-min sesh at 390-420. I think it was rather successful in that I still had some green by the end of the first session. And as in the first session, vapor production and quality was on POINT. I did notice the draw resistance increased, but I guess that is something for me to get used to (new to portable conduction). I did notice that when I opened the oven to stir it for part 2 of the second session, it was no longer as tampered as it was for the first session, which impacted the overall performance that part of the session. I suppose one could "top off".

Micro-dosing: I have yet to try the "tampered puck" method, but I am curious bc these oven sizes are much too large for just me. IMO Da Vinci needs to release a ceramic microdosing oven outfit.

Cleaning impressions: While the unit was still warm from the part 2 of the second session, I opened up the oven, and used the metal pick to pour out all of my ABV. All a nice, even brown, with the exception of maybe 5% of the bowl that was lightly clinging to the Pearl. Immaterial, IMO. A mid-session stir could've corrected this. I then used the little brush to fully scrub the contents of the oven. Then I removed the mouthpiece, flavor chamber, and with a q-tip soaked in Iso wiped down these + the ceramic oven. Minor staining in the oven already. Also I was surprised by the amount of "debris?" that made its way into the flavor chamber. I took another q-tip and went down into the gaping hole where the flavor chamber would meet up with the oven, and tried to clean out that tough-to-reach spot. It is indeed a trouble area, IMO.

This ended up being a lot longer than I expected, but these were all things I would've wanted to hear awhile I was still lurking, so - here you are! Let me know of any questions you have and I'll do my best to follow up!
How do you like using the Samsung 25R? Could this be the solution to the "Too Hot to Handle" issue that everyone including myself is having with the Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh battery?

Last edited by a moderator:

craizen

Does anyone know if the shipping schedule is back to normal? Looking to order one now but would rather wait if the units aren't shipping immediately.

I ordered on the 19th and recieved the product on the 22nd. Chose gunmetal as the color. I live in Southern California so it's fairly close to their distribution center. (~3-4 hour drive).

So I think it may depend on your choice of color/where you live.

Btw. A little off topic but... This vap is pretty amazing. Just tried it last night. Nice clouds and really nice taste. I can really taste the herb. It does get a bit hot. I don't mind it. It has been getting cold over here lately so I am using it as a hand warmer now also. :p

beryllium30

Hey does anyone have like a comparison between the colors? I seem to like the gray one, but not sure how it looks like in reality :D As the zirconia mouthpiece is black it kind of clashes with the rest of the unit.

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
Is the IQ suppose to work while charging? Mine seems to turn off while I have it plugged in.
As it says in the instructions, the IQ can be used while charging. If your unit does not heat while charging, I would call the customer service people to discuss. Don't worry about it, DaVinci will get it a fix for you.

Glass004,
Reactions: Geearevee
Top Bottom