• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tranquility

I like the IQ for many reasons, but, taste is not one of them. Then again, I haven't had much success in getting good taste out of any vapes after the first couple pulls. For those who have other vapes with a reputation for taste, how long do you get the increased flavor? Does it last more than a few pulls?

Terpenes seem the key to taste and some have a boiling point above some cannibinoids and some below.

http://vaporizertemp.com/components-cannabis-terpene-boiling-points-effects/

That makes me think that for all of our experiences on "taste" and how mine differs from others--while keeping both experiences true--either the precision of the vapes used is more precise in the tastier vapes or the user's general choice of flower contains more of either the higher or lower temp terps as a rule.

A vape that runs hot will have a lot more terpenes boil off quickly and would probably have less aromatics available towards the end. Likewise, a choice of flower that emphasizes pinene or caryophyllene would have the same results even if the vape was on temperature.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I like the IQ for many reasons, but, taste is not one of them. Then again, I haven't had much success in getting good taste out of any vapes after the first couple pulls. For those who have other vapes with a reputation for taste, how long do you get the increased flavor? Does it last more than a few pulls?

Well, yeah, the taste becomes less and less after a few hits in every vape, but in this one particularly, I wanted to throw up or something.

m0sh,

dieselryder420

Hi all, long time lurker first time poster here.

I've had my Davinci IQ for almost two years and the pearl post has finally broken.

I think this is a relatively common issue with the IQ. Is this covered by the 10 year warranty?

I am based in the UK and purchased it from namaste vapes will this affect my ability to get the pearl post replaced under warranty as I didn't purchase direct from davinci (but still have email receipt).

If not covered by warranty is it possible to buy a replacement post or has anyone come up with an

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Hi all

Just wanted to update this thread, had a great customer service experience with DaVinci getting this issue sorted out. After raising a ticket they contacted me straight away and asked me to provide some information, confirmed it was covered under warranty and sent a replacement unit straight away which I was not expecting. It arrived quickly to the UK in about a week, luckily I also have a Vapcap (as should everyone!) so was not without a vape during this time.

I would definitely recommend DaVinci the IQ is a great vape and customer service could not have been better.

To chime in on the flavour debate going on it is of course a subjective experience and there are a lot of factors to take into account not least the quality and strain of bud you are using. I haven't tried all the vapes being mentioned but I couldn't be happier with the flavour I get from my IQ it's one of the things I like most about it and is definitely the best of the limited vapes I have tried. However as has already been pointed out the first few hits of any vape are the most flavourful and its not really possible to carry that through a full session.

Having said that my tip with the IQ would be to use the glass spacers to reduce bowl size and stick to the lower temps/smart paths, I find temps around 370ish or smart paths 2 or 3 to be the sweet spot for flavour and effects. I find flavour can drop off quickly if using large bowls and high temps.

Cheers

HighMtnSkier

Waiting for winter
I lost both of my little stir tools. I ordered the MIQRO tool because it looked about the right size and it comes with 3 of them vs only 1 for the IQ tool.

It fits, but not as well as the original. It also doesn’t feel as secure but it’s nice to have that back again. Makes reloading a well packed bowl a breeze.

F1030

Hello!

Maybe its a bit Off-topic - BUT I need your help and hope that someone helps me out. I need to know the dimensons (especially the diameter) of the Glassspacer for the IQ or the diameter of the Chamber itself. This would be great!

https://www.vaposhop.de/vaporizer-zubehoer/vaporizer-teile/davinci-iq-glass-spacer/

Why? Because I have an Arizer Go (Argo) and wanna know if this little glasspacer would fit into the „chamber“ of the glastube of the Argo.

You would defently help me a lot!

Thank you very much,

all the best

Flo

F1030,

hopla

Hello!

Maybe its a bit Off-topic - BUT I need your help and hope that someone helps me out. I need to know the dimensons (especially the diameter) of the Glassspacer for the IQ or the diameter of the Chamber itself. This would be great!

https://www.vaposhop.de/vaporizer-zubehoer/vaporizer-teile/davinci-iq-glass-spacer/

Why? Because I have an Arizer Go (Argo) and wanna know if this little glasspacer would fit into the „chamber“ of the glastube of the Argo.

You would defently help me a lot!

Thank you very much,

all the best

Flo
1cm x 0.5cm for the smaller one
1cmx1cm for the bigger one.

hopla,

treeleaf

IMG-0243.jpg
Glue has Failed on magnets and covers...not sure what safe glue to use. In Cape Town so prefer to diy repair, any suggestions.

treeleaf,

VinceVega

After one year my IQ has decided it lived a long enough life. It worked like a champ and I enjoyed the shit out of it while it was alive. I'm not even a daily user though. It was never pushed hard. It still looks pretty much like it did the day it was brand new. I even purchased the padded IQ case to store it in. Super disappointed in the durability and quality of an item that I paid this much money for! No excuse for a complete failure after one year of what can only amount to 'light' use. Anyone else seen their IQ fail in the first year or two of use?

VinceVega,

VinceVega

@VinceVega, what happened? There is a 10 year warranty on the device. DM me and we'll get you taken care of.[/QUOTE]

After 1 year of light use, my IQ has flamed out. Got an odd electrical odor and then it stopped working. DM sent, email sent. Thank you.

VinceVega,

Brewervapesalot

Herbalizer is the only vaporizer I've used where the flavor never tastes bad or like burnt popcorn (for the price tag when made it should perform well...). The flavor and vapor just diminishes, but never turns that corner of bad taste. My guess is that it's because it's pure convection and temp is regulated they say within 5 degrees F constantly.

Evo is nice for a while, but if you keep pulling on a load, it too produces burnt pop corn.

Anything conduction, or anything with high enough heat where the resin burns on, or permanently stains, the bowl I think leads to pretty rapid flavor deterioration.

IQ I heard is at top end of conduction vaporizer flavor?

Pax and arizer products i dont think are. How does the IQ compare to those?

Last edited:

VinceVega

@omnimodeus The diameter of the Iq oven is 10.4mm and depth is 17 mm.

Here is a link to a Vape Press made specifically for the Iq.
https://www.highbridinnovations.com...press-delrin-die-pusher-disk-for-da-vinchi-iq

@VinceVega Were you able to get in touch with Customer Service to get the issue resolved?

I have been contacted by customer service and I believe we are well on the way to resolving my issue. Thanks for your help with this matter. Will update when the dust settles...but so far I am good with the help I have received. DaVinci clearly cares about its customers!

VapeWell

@treeleaf, my tech is recommending something like permabond, as it is commercially available and is food grade. The amount you need is quite minimal as well to keep those plates on, so use it sparingly.
I’ve had a similar problem with my MIQro. The metal piece surrounding the lid to the battery chamber came off. On Amazon, a bottle of permabond is about $27. My device is only a month old. Am I better off sending it in for warranty service?
Thx
Vapewell!

Modnote: Reply removed from quote tags.

Last edited by a moderator:
VapeWell,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
The only thing that saves the IQ from having good flavor, is the Zirconia airpath and mouthpieces, the rest is just a normal cheapo vape like the rest, but not plastic at least, it’s kind of well constructed.
The bad design, of oven to airpath connection makes that horrible nasty reclaim at that bottle neck of the vape, and my IQ offgasses “hashy smelly vapor” all the time, even unloaded jajajajajaja at any temperature.
And by the way, 420 vapezone didn’t invented the wheel, he just made a video, about how to clean a wheel, jajajajajaja
I was doing that too, even before, anyone said anything about it jajajajajaja seems like you need to trademark cleaning tips nowadays, and video them, to bring common sense.
Don’t make “heroes” where they don’t exist jajajajajaja

Being a heavy user, you can revape the same bowl, after one cycle, and popcorn taste, will be less than the rest of conduction vapes, but not for too much.
Bad design, ceramics ovens.
I’ve had my IQ since launch time I believe.
After a few months of heavy heavy use, I’m talking about minimum 2 bowls per hour, or 4 per hour while at leisure, till the day is over, that oven now, is heavily stained.
You can scour it with a mrclean erasing pad, but at some point, you’ll “erase” the ceramic coating, and you’ll be shit out of luck.
You don’t want to vape ceramics dusts or flakes.
Ceramic ovens are a no no, why DaVinci IQ and Micro still go for them. @Davinci_vaporizer
Cheaper and more profit???
Don’t know better???
Don’t care about it??
Can’t you make a “Zirconia” oven???
Isn’t it “Zirconia” an extra hardened polished SiC material??
Isn’t it “Zirconia” a proprietary name you trademarked, from some high end Chinese ceramics manufacturers???
Stay vaped.

Last edited:
Zangano Cruel,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
@Zangano Cruel, thanks for the feedback.

We carefully select all of the materials that we use in the entire device, being cognizant to use only high temp, medical grade parts- from the silicones, plastics., ceramics and aluminum shell. In regards to the question about the oven- we chose ceramic for a few reasons....with cheaper not being one of them, they are actually more expensive.

To combat the ceramic "dust" you are referring to, we use a thick glass glaze on the bowl. This also eradicates any residual flavor from the ceramic. In addition, ceramic, while it takes longer to heat (and therefore uses more power), does hold heat better and therefore also distributes it more evenly.

We looked into using zirconia ceramic, but you have to understand the material science here- it doesn't hold heat, but rather repels it....which is why we use it in the flavor chamber and the mouthpiece, as it will continue to cool the vapor as it passes through the zirconia parts. Using it as a bowl material would be counterintuitive.

Also, we didn't makeup zirconia ceramic, it's been used widely for medical devices and also in the production of fake teeth. We were just the first vaporizer manufacturer to use it in a device.

omnimodeus

just to say...recently i ordered Davinci IQ, glove and soft case. I didnt like flavor or vapor production. And IQ solutions are incredible....you can create your own Smart path, you can choose stealth mode, you can choose fahrenheit or celsius...but after you replace battery...all settings are gone

Pick tool...let me explain...turn over, open hatch, take tool, close hatch, turn over, open hatch, clean your bowl, close hatch, turn over, open hatch, return tool, close hatch...simple as that

flavor chamber...conection between flavor chamber and owen is terrible...after just few use it begin to collect resin....very, very hard to clean.

Buzzer sound....al time you can hear buzzing sound, very very annoying

Glove is ok....but i dont know why everybody on their silicone case does not have bottom. so it is slippery sometimes. put buttom. if i want to replace battery i will take glove off, its not a problem. I have xmax starry v3 with similar silicone case (no bottom) and it is hard to use...always slipping somewhere

soft case is cool....zipper a little bit hard to pull

to end this story....i replaced davinci for Arizer Go and Dinavap M plus torch lighter....could not be happier :-)

Randy Lahey

Im not sure how long Ive owned my IQ, maybe 2 years or so, maybe less. I love it. I really love it but Im getting frustrated. The magnet and inner piece came apart like the problems above and I glued them back together.

More frustrating though is that the battery life is nil. I keep buying new batteries and they shit the bed within a month or two. The thing is practically unusable at this point. Anyone else having this problem? Not what I expected for such a pricey device. Shame because I love the performance, the big oven, and the size/stealth. Perfect vape outside of the fact that it never works when I need it to :(

Randy Lahey,

BMvape

Has anyone ever had an issue with the vibration feedback? About a week ago the feature started acting weird. It would only buzz when the temp was reached, but not on start up and shut down. Then it wouldn’t buzz at all, and then sometimes only on shutdown. Seemed totally random but mostly not at all now.
I tried turning the feature on and off in the app while in use, and sometimes that would kick it on for that session but not always. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling (iOS). I’m guessing the motor still works since it sometimes kicks on so has to be firmware? I didn’t realize how much I appreciate this feature so bummed it’s not working. I’m on my third IQ and hoping I do t have to get another replacement

BMvape,

Vaporhead99

Herbalizer is the only vaporizer I've used where the flavor never tastes bad or like burnt popcorn (for the price tag when made it should perform well...). The flavor and vapor just diminishes, but never turns that corner of bad taste. My guess is that it's because it's pure convection and temp is regulated they say within 5 degrees F constantly.

Evo is nice for a while, but if you keep pulling on a load, it too produces burnt pop corn.

Anything conduction, or anything with high enough heat where the resin burns on, or permanently stains, the bowl I think leads to pretty rapid flavor deterioration.

IQ I heard is at top end of conduction vaporizer flavor?

Pax and arizer products i dont think are. How does the IQ compare to those?

I take it you haven't used Pax and Arizer products then?

Fwiw Arizer products are convection not conduction as you stated whilst the two brands mentioned have produced some of the best vapes that were / are on the market however flavour wise they are worlds apart due to being top end products but using different heating methods conduction vs convection.

I use my Pax 3 when I want to get baked and Arizer EQ or Air for flavour and efficiency, I'm currently in the market for a new vape and the Solo 2 is at the top of my list, I haven't tried davinci products yet and was considering them (it's why I'm reading this thread) but Arizer have personally been fantastic for me in all aspects for over 10 years now so if you haven't used there products and like convection I'd definitely give them a try.

Vaporhead99,

Randy Lahey

I take it you haven't used Pax and Arizer products then?

Fwiw Arizer products are convection not conduction as you stated whilst the two brands mentioned have produced some of the best vapes that were / are on the market however flavour wise they are worlds apart due to being top end products but using different heating methods conduction vs convection.

I use my Pax 3 when I want to get baked and Arizer EQ or Air for flavour and efficiency, I'm currently in the market for a new vape and the Solo 2 is at the top of my list, I haven't tried davinci products yet and was considering them (it's why I'm reading this thread) but Arizer have personally been fantastic for me in all aspects for over 10 years now so if you haven't used there products and like convection I'd definitely give them a try.

I own a davinci and a solo 2. Love my Davinci. When it works. Right now it does not work. It IMHO is superior to the Solo 2 in almost every other way. But the area it is not superior is significant - Battery life. Shit I dont even know where my Solo 2 charger is because I so rarely have to charge it. Its an absolute beast. When My Davinci works, I get maybe 3 sessions then it needs to charge.

Top Bottom