juanavape

I bought the 10mm/14mm adapter recently from Davinci. I've only gotten to use it about 2 or 3 times now. The one thing I noticed is that it fills up my small water toy thicker than anything else I've used so far, (set on smartpath 3, I usually use SP 2 when using it dry). Mind you I've also only had the new minibubbler for less than 2 weeks now so more experimentation with other devices still needs to be done........

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
https://gfycat.com/officialdependentcod

officialdependentcod

Love how the IQ milks :)

deadlytoaster,
Reactions: juanavape

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Hey DaVinci team, I've lovingly used and abused my IQ so much so the USB port broke off. Smart me lost the buttons for the device.
https://imgur.com/a/pgfzGwQ

I can still do stuff with it by using the stir tool to click it but not quite as convenient as actual buttons. I'm in Eu, is there any place or way to buy a set or buttons or am I stuck with my wonderfully jank IQ fiveever?

Thanks!
Hi There, no my friend you're not stuck! We can help. You've registered and activated your warranty right? Would you mind PM'ing me and I can assist with a service ticket?

So... Its at least six months since the memory issue and non working app was brought to your attention on here, could you please update us all on progress? I Assume you still have no working app? How long will it be before you remove the advertising of the IQ's functions if it can't be fixed? I am very tempted to purchase another unit and see what trading standards make of the false claims being made at point of sale...
As an update to my own RMA, following another chat session where it was suggested by CS that I keep it plugged in to avoid losing settings when changing the battery (not portable then is it?) and having to argue that my unit does not work as advertised, I have been advised (again) that a replacement unit will be sent. Two weeks later I have heard NOTHING AT All and will have to spend more time chasing this up. This is shitty CS.
We have also heard NOTHING AT ALL from the davinci rep on this thread regarding the app issue. Now's your chance... Anything to say yet? What timescale do you think is acceptable, or is it a case of hope I get fed up an go away quietly?
Feeling quite sour about my purchase now. I'm happy to be patient to a point, but davinci's lack of any meaningful update takes the piss....

We sincerely apologize for not being clearer and are sorry for all the miscommunications. The app is indeed updated and working and has been since the beginning of the year. We are also working on the memory issue and will have updates this month.

As for your RMA and new unit I'm more than happy to assist with this. Would it be okay to retrieve your RMA # and I'll looking into this right away?

Hey guys,

we have a new authorised reseller. From now on you can get your DaVinci products at https://vootra.co/ too.
To celebrate our new partnership we've made a nifty "Behind the Brand" interview and set up a FREE SHIPPING code for all purchases made at Vootra until March 10.

Check out the interview here (the code is at the bottom):
https://vootra.co/blogs/vootra-blog/behind-the-brand-interview-with-davinci

Last edited by a moderator:

Vision103

Vision103
I've been emailing them back and forth since it came out. The iq is great without the app so that's why I delt with it so long but they should not advertise it or at least bring price down. They should be doing something for thier customers
So... Its at least six months since the memory issue and non working app was brought to your attention on here, could you please update us all on progress? I Assume you still have no working app? How long will it be before you remove the advertising of the IQ's functions if it can't be fixed? I am very tempted to purchase another unit and see what trading standards make of the false claims being made at point of sale...
As an update to my own RMA, following another chat session where it was suggested by CS that I keep it plugged in to avoid losing settings when changing the battery (not portable then is it?) and having to argue that my unit does not work as advertised, I have been advised (again) that a replacement unit will be sent. Two weeks later I have heard NOTHING AT All and will have to spend more time chasing this up. This is shitty CS.
We have also heard NOTHING AT ALL from the davinci rep on this thread regarding the app issue. Now's your chance... Anything to say yet? What timescale do you think is acceptable, or is it a case of hope I get fed up an go away quietly?
Feeling quite sour about my purchase now. I'm happy to be patient to a point, but davinci's lack of any meaningful update takes the piss....

Estbarul

Hello guys, I bought this vape for my girlfriend because it had good reviews and looked pretty.

She doesn't really likes to use it that much, the draw resistance is way higher than something like an ArGo. I think the ArGo can produce double the vapor easily. I pack it grinded and loosely. I mean I can almost only vapo on +210C because otherwise the vapor production is very low.

Any help with that? I feel like the draw resistance is super low while it's shut down, but as soon as the temp goes around and beyond 180C it gets way too hard to pull vapor. Can we do something with it? Is it defective or is it like that? Also sometimes the unit runs so hot that you can't even hold it in your hand, is there a way around it?

@Estbarul One trick to reduce the draw resistance in the IQ that I use is this
Pack your chamber tightly as per usual but when your done take a thin metal pick.
I use one I got from Vape Critics store and make a hole right down the middle. You may have to twirl the pick as you remove it so as to not unpack your bud. The hole gives better airflow and doesn't seem to reduce the clouds at all. I've been doing this for a while now

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Hey everyone, we apologize for the app issues. We have made some updates and recommend deleting and re-downloading on your devices. We also are still trouble shooting the memory loss issue. As soon as we have an update we'll post here. Thank you for your patience as we rectify all bugs.

Estbarul

@Estbarul One trick to reduce the draw resistance in the IQ that I use is this
Pack your chamber tightly as per usual but when your done take a thin metal pick.
I use one I got from Vape Critics store and make a hole right down the middle. You may have to twirl the pick as you remove it so as to not unpack your bud. The hole gives better airflow and doesn't seem to reduce the clouds at all. I've been doing this for a while now

Thanks bud, I'll try it, I'm seeing that the angle on how you pull vapor with the mouthpiece matters a lot too.

As for the app, I just downloaded it and tried to connect my Iq and it didn't work out. I get stuck in searching bluetooth devices.

Estbarul,

pittiserria

Truth Warrior
Questions:

1. According to this video, the original battery is 18650 3500mha 3.7v. Any issue to buy a 18650 9800mha 3.7v and put it instead of the original one?
2. This is the original charger. Any issue to buy a generic 18650 charger instead of it? Anything to make sure about the generic charger's specs?

pittiserria,
Reactions: m0sh

kiddvudu2

Wow, it's been a while since I've been here, hope everybody's doin' well. The only reason I haven't been here is because my IQ has been like a TANK! It has been one of my 2 daily drivers now for over 2 years and just didn't have any need to discuss it, I just used it like it was meant to be used! I'm here now because I'm awaiting my replacement IQ on Monday due to an inner gasket failure. I used this thing damn near every day and usually more than once a day since the day I got it. I kept it clean though, maybe too clean. I would deep-clean it pretty much weekly and that involved me heating the unit to around 250f (while all removable parts are out) and swabbing an iso dipped qtip through the inner gasket's hole and giving it a gentle twist. I usually did this 2 or 3 times per deep clean. The gasket didn't look misshapen when I sent it in, but the flavor chamber definitely sat proud which popped the mouthpiece lid out of place, causing an air gap.

I sure do miss the ol' IQ and am looking forward to it's homecoming on Monday. I think I'll try to space out the qtip swabbings on the inner part though. But it just gets smelly if you don't keep that area clean.

So, @Estbarul, check this out: What I love so much about my IQ is that it loves herbs pretty much any way I want to throw to it. I carry it around in the DaVinci IQ case with a small water tight pill bottle inside containing my herbs. Sometimes I'll just have tiny IQ-oven shaped nugs in there, where I can snuggle 2 or 3 of them into the oven at a time. Those things bake out so nicely, and evenly, it's unbelievable. I rarely stir (as long as you have the correct "pack" you don't want to be too tight, see below). Other times I'll have some grind in the same/similar pill bottle and just shake that into the IQ oven, I don't even tamp the grinded stiff though, just enough to make sure the pearl doesn't get caked too much post session (keep expansion in mind). It'll do huge plumes on high temps, or excellent soft delicious sips on lower temps.

Every time I have packed the IQ too tight, even thought a dry hit seems fine, once the material gets hot and expands, the airflow gets restricted. You want a little resistance on a dry hit, but not much at all, when in doubt, pack a bowl way looser than you think is right and turn the temp up a notch, just to get that assurance that things are working properly. An oversized rip will set you right every time!

Cheers!

dieselryder420

Hi all, long time lurker first time poster here.

I've had my Davinci IQ for almost two years and the pearl post has finally broken.

I think this is a relatively common issue with the IQ. Is this covered by the 10 year warranty?

I am based in the UK and purchased it from namaste vapes will this affect my ability to get the pearl post replaced under warranty as I didn't purchase direct from davinci (but still have email receipt).

If not covered by warranty is it possible to buy a replacement post or has anyone come up with an

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Tranquility

I've had my Davinci IQ for almost two years and the pearl post has finally broken.

I think this is a relatively common issue with the IQ. Is this covered by the 10 year warranty?

https://www.davincivaporizer.com/warranty-information/
The Limited Warranty does not apply to normal performance degradation of batteries, accessories, wear and tear of hinges, mouthpiece, or neglecting to adhere to cleaning instructions. Please contact the DAVINCI support team to learn more about replacement batteries or extended repair Service.

Exclusions and Limitations
The Limited Warranty applies only to products manufactured by Organicix, LLC. that can be identified by the "DAVINCI" trademark, trade name, or logo affixed to them and purchased at an authorized retailer, serviced by an authorized DAVINCI distributor.

The Limited Warranty does not apply to any non-DAVINCI products.

This warranty does not apply to (a) damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, flood, fire, earthquake, acts of piracy, or other external causes; (b) damage caused by operating the product outside the permitted or intended use as described by DAVINCI; (c) a product or part that has been modified to alter functionality or capability; (d) cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents, drops, and broken pieces; (e) any device where the serial number has been tampered with, erased or is not genuine.

Buying from namaste vapes should not be a problem as they are an authorized reseller.

https://www.davincivaporizer.com/authorized-resellers/

My personal opinion is that the warranty does not specifically exclude the pearl and post. But, it can certainly be argued that it does exclude "broken pieces". If you treated the IQ appropriately, I'd hope you get satisfaction. But, either way, it wouldn't hurt to ask them.

dieselryder420

https://www.davincivaporizer.com/warranty-information/
The Limited Warranty does not apply to normal performance degradation of batteries, accessories, wear and tear of hinges, mouthpiece, or neglecting to adhere to cleaning instructions. Please contact the DAVINCI support team to learn more about replacement batteries or extended repair Service.

Exclusions and Limitations
The Limited Warranty applies only to products manufactured by Organicix, LLC. that can be identified by the "DAVINCI" trademark, trade name, or logo affixed to them and purchased at an authorized retailer, serviced by an authorized DAVINCI distributor.

The Limited Warranty does not apply to any non-DAVINCI products.

This warranty does not apply to (a) damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, flood, fire, earthquake, acts of piracy, or other external causes; (b) damage caused by operating the product outside the permitted or intended use as described by DAVINCI; (c) a product or part that has been modified to alter functionality or capability; (d) cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents, drops, and broken pieces; (e) any device where the serial number has been tampered with, erased or is not genuine.

Buying from namaste vapes should not be a problem as they are an authorized reseller.

https://www.davincivaporizer.com/authorized-resellers/

My personal opinion is that the warranty does not specifically exclude the pearl and post. But, it can certainly be argued that it does exclude "broken pieces". If you treated the IQ appropriately, I'd hope you get satisfaction. But, either way, it wouldn't hurt to ask them.

Hey thanks for your help!

I just raised a ticket via Davinci website and a customer service rep sent me a message on live chat straight away and said that they will send me a replacement post so hopefully this should be sorted soon.

Have to say I'm impressed by the customer service and glad that I should get a replacement post as aside from some minor complaints I enjoy using this device

Thanks again

sd401k

Hey thanks for your help!

I just raised a ticket via Davinci website and a customer service rep sent me a message on live chat straight away and said that they will send me a replacement post so hopefully this should be sorted soon.

Have to say I'm impressed by the customer service and glad that I should get a replacement post as aside from some minor complaints I enjoy using this device

Thanks again

They really are pretty good. Everytime I go to their website, they're saying "Hi, what can I help you with?"

As a matter of fact, between excellent customer service and the tastiest conduction based vapor I've ever had, I'm a happy combustion ?ucker.

disGRUNTled

So I have been dabbling in CBD full spectrum shatter for a little bit, and decided to pick up some hemp flower yesterday.Top shelf Sour Space Candy I bought it at Natural Life CBD Kratom Kava, I believe they have their own farms where they grow in Oregon.It smells dank AF and very tasty.Anyways I vaped some yesterday about 2 bowls thru my Ghost MV1, and let me tell you something I definitely felt very close to the feeling I get when I am high. Putting some thru my Davinci IQ today and feel pretty close to what I felt yesterday .Not sure if it could be do to some residue from the vapes or grinder but I use several vapes and keep them pretty clean I also use about 4 grinders.Thinking about getting a dedicated vape and grinder just for hemp and check back into see if the effects change.
IMG-2609.jpg

IMG-2608.jpg

IMG-2611.jpg

mQoXTuS.jpg

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I tried this vaporizer a few days ago and I have to say, I'm not impressed /;
There must be something I'm doing wrong.

I packed .3g and started vaping, after just a few minutes, the taste was just awful.
Vapor did not stop coming out, after all, .3g is quite a lot, but the taste was already really bad, I stopped before finishing the entire bowl.
I tried stirring a bit, but it didn't help much, plus, I don't really want to stir, the whole point is to keep it closed.

TBH, I think the MIQRO makes much more sense since the bowl is smaller, you're able to extract most of the vapor before the taste becomes so poor.

I dunno, I couldn't handle it. Not sure how you guys do...
I might be a snob, who knows? I'm used to the Cloud EVO and I'm using SoloII from time to time who's flavor is just better.

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Yeah the IQ flavor is okay. Best for a conduction but below and convec/hybrid. The bowl size is biiig which is nice for sharing or long sessions. I reserve the IQ as an ultraportable solution really. Night out or a hike, especially with how hot it gets, keeps cold hands warm!

deadlytoaster,
Reactions: sd401k

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Yeah the IQ flavor is okay. Best for a conduction but below and convec/hybrid. The bowl size is biiig which is nice for sharing or long sessions. I reserve the IQ as an ultraportable solution really. Night out or a hike, especially with how hot it gets, keeps cold hands warm!

Solo II/Air II/Go taste better IMO.

Do you stir during the session?

m0sh,

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
I had a Solo 2, definitely much better flavor! I stir sometimes partway through, or have a session on path 2, then stir for a path #4 session later

deadlytoaster,
Top Bottom