WattoWatson123

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd raise my issue and questions here, I'm having issues editing and figuring out the smart path technology within my recently aquired IQ (which I find is amazing).

Here's my story,

Owning a Samsung Note 4, I downloaded the Davinci App, turned it on, paired, failed, eventually paired, couldn't edit paths and whenever I tried to (couldn't even adjust anything on device dash board nor notifications temp etc from app, it wouldn't acknowledge any reading from device in terms of favourite temp or usage time) then the app crashed.
This happened around 3 times.
On the third I reset the IQ and reinstalled the app, still having similar issues.

Can someone instruct me on how this aspect of the IQ works and how I can get it to work.

TLDR : I need help with the app for my IQ.

WattoWatson123,

Esentis

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd raise my issue and questions here, I'm having issues editing and figuring out the smart path technology within my recently aquired IQ (which I find is amazing).

Here's my story,

Owning a Samsung Note 4, I downloaded the Davinci App, turned it on, paired, failed, eventually paired, couldn't edit paths and whenever I tried to (couldn't even adjust anything on device dash board nor notifications temp etc from app, it wouldn't acknowledge any reading from device in terms of favourite temp or usage time) then the app crashed.
This happened around 3 times.
On the third I reset the IQ and reinstalled the app, still having similar issues.

Can someone instruct me on how this aspect of the IQ works and how I can get it to work.

TLDR : I need help with the app for my IQ.

Mate don't bother with the app it's buggy as hell in the current state. We are waiting for an update for quite some time.. Use it as it is, there are some pre-build smart paths you can try.

Esentis,
Reactions: karec

Vaporcussion

I can't even get my replacement IQ to connect with my app, despite deleting, and re downloading the app. It just says "Device error, Authorization required"

Last edited:
Vaporcussion,

pudink

The app seems to shut the device off , a few days ago, i connected to the app, after a while before 10 minute autoshutdown of the device , it turned off by itself. then i realized it was the app which made it shut itself, since then i dont use the app.

it is really urgent we get an updated version of the app

pudink,
Just thought I would add my experience of the IQ, having read alot of threads here hoping for tips. I find the device a little bit of an engima. Dont get me wrong, the vapour production, taste and vapour quality are second to none. However, i find that I have to hit the right pack into the oven, and the optimum level is hard to hit everytime. Hence inconsistent sessions. When I get the pack right, it rips so satisfyingly. Can start on 374 and get huge clouds. Other times its distinctly underwhelming, with light vapour, despite packing a large amount in.

So I decide to look at the glass spacers. Ordered a few days ago. Read reviews saying that these solve alot of problems regarding the packing of the oven. I go smallest spacer first, then herb for my 1st test. Seems to save a bit of herb, but the vapour production is again underwhelming. And seems like the spacer is taking something away from the overall setup. I then try herb first, then spacer (as read on many forums). This is even worse. The spacer eliminates any contact the pearl has with the material, and creates a compression on the herb below that has a negative effect on vapour production.

So, a little frustrated really. To conclude, I now try and pack a large amount without the spacer. As much as will go in without impairing airflow. When its right I can nearly get 2 10 minute sessions out of a bowl if I start from 374 and work up to 392. Which is ok, I use more material, but vape it slower.

I also find you have to keep on top of the cleaning to keep the vapour optimum. That space between the top of the oven, and the washer the flavour chamber sits on is a PIG to clean. Build up is regular. And the vent holes in the oven. Also have to keep an eye on these.

I love the vape, but it is a little frustrating for me, and quite high maintenance. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences really.

Larry Rubberface,
Reactions: karec

OziDV8

Oh damn, sorry, you must have replied just before I sent my question off, didn't see that but have had a look now, will be looking into those ones for sure!

EDIT** Grabbed a Black Stealth Model as we didn't have any of the Green in Stock where I purchased my IQ from which I only grabbed due to a fantastic deal from a local, reputable seller for around $250 AUD (Approx $190 USD)
Where in oz u get it and was it an authorised reseller as I live in vic

OziDV8,

karec

Just thought I would add my experience of the IQ, having read alot of threads here hoping for tips. I find the device a little bit of an engima. Dont get me wrong, the vapour production, taste and vapour quality are second to none. However, i find that I have to hit the right pack into the oven, and the optimum level is hard to hit everytime. Hence inconsistent sessions. When I get the pack right, it rips so satisfyingly. Can start on 374 and get huge clouds. Other times its distinctly underwhelming, with light vapour, despite packing a large amount in.

So I decide to look at the glass spacers. Ordered a few days ago. Read reviews saying that these solve alot of problems regarding the packing of the oven. I go smallest spacer first, then herb for my 1st test. Seems to save a bit of herb, but the vapour production is again underwhelming. And seems like the spacer is taking something away from the overall setup. I then try herb first, then spacer (as read on many forums). This is even worse. The spacer eliminates any contact the pearl has with the material, and creates a compression on the herb below that has a negative effect on vapour production.

So, a little frustrated really. To conclude, I now try and pack a large amount without the spacer. As much as will go in without impairing airflow. When its right I can nearly get 2 10 minute sessions out of a bowl if I start from 374 and work up to 392. Which is ok, I use more material, but vape it slower.

I also find you have to keep on top of the cleaning to keep the vapour optimum. That space between the top of the oven, and the washer the flavour chamber sits on is a PIG to clean. Build up is regular. And the vent holes in the oven. Also have to keep an eye on these.

I love the vape, but it is a little frustrating for me, and quite high maintenance. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences really.

Hey Mate totally agree with you, i never tried the spacers for me the oven size is okish (would be great a smaller size like 3/4 that could do the same job lol) i always use full but i never pressure down the herb i just give small pads in the device for the herb to fill the chamber and find his place there. but u are right sometimes works like a beast producing huge clouds and others dont...thats when i take out the pick and stir, and i hate to stir lolololol, also found that the air resistance could be better and if i take out the cooling chamber works better but i never vaped a session with out it so maybe i need to try it...
cleaning sux on the IQ that space i already talk about it, pain to clean and never clean out ok always have some stuff coming out... dont quite understand the design of it .. why the cooling chamber has this design why not make a bigger hole in the end of the cooling chamber or making a bigger o ring inside this way we could access better and clean properly.... i bet most of the issues is in that area.... @Davinci_vaporizer want to add up? or maybe take in consideration this issue...dont get me wrong love this unit but that space is problematic to all lol
cheers

karec,

v.bow

hey guys. first post here. just wondering how everyone deals with weird tastes coming from the unit or pieces coming apart or magnets weakening or staining of the ceramic chamber

having lots of trouble with the unit since 6 months ago. i preordered it when it first came out. love it untill the problems

thought this might be the appropriate thread to post this in

v.bow,
Reactions: BigJr48

BigJr48

hey guys. first post here. just wondering how everyone deals with weird tastes coming from the unit or pieces coming apart or magnets weakening or staining of the ceramic chamber

having lots of trouble with the unit since 6 months ago. i preordered it when it first came out. love it untill the problems

thought this might be the appropriate thread to post this in
DM @Davinci_vaporizer in the forum and start a RMA.

BigJr48,

disGRUNTled

Drinking a Stone Woot Stout vaping Lemon Tree in the Davinci IQ.Watching the UFC 220 prelims and listening to Naughty By Nature.just went thru my fist bowl , man what a efficient performer.I use a couple of vapes so its been a while since I used the IQ, best part about using a vape I have not used in a while is it reminds me of the reason I bought it.
cQVjM8I.jpg

C8Pzipk.jpg

901oQ3h.jpg

YpOkSWx.jpg

david8613

Hey guys fully enjoying my iq, but I noticed a problem now and dont know how go about solving it, or if anyone else has the same problem. I have a black stealth iq, and I been noticing the battery has a hard time coming out of my unit. it has been like this for some time now but I'm seeing it getting harder harder to take out. My unit has not been used much since I'm just a recreational user, not really daily or even weekly. What should I Do?

david8613,

MikeG7265

Hey guys fully enjoying my iq, but I noticed a problem now and dont know how go about solving it, or if anyone else has the same problem. I have a black stealth iq, and I been noticing the battery has a hard time coming out of my unit. it has been like this for some time now but I'm seeing it getting harder harder to take out. My unit has not been used much since I'm just a recreational user, not really daily or even weekly. What should I Do?

Are you trying to change the battery while it’s warm? I’ve noticed that it’s more difficult when it’s warm. For some reason the heat seems to make the flavor chamber expand just enough to block the battery lid from opening completely. Try popping the flavor chamber out when you change the battery and see if that’s any better. When the units cold it shouldn’t be any problem to change the battery.

MikeG7265,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Yes, removing the flavor chamber first will help :)

Drinking a Stone Woot Stout vaping Lemon Tree in the Davinci IQ.Watching the UFC 220 prelims and listening to Naughty By Nature.just went thru my fist bowl , man what a efficient performer.I use a couple of vapes so its been a while since I used the IQ, best part about using a vape I have not used in a while is it reminds me of the reason I bought it.
cQVjM8I.jpg

C8Pzipk.jpg

901oQ3h.jpg

YpOkSWx.jpg

Looks like you had THE BEST Sunday! Can never go wrong with Lemon Tree and Stone Woot! Thx for sharing ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Davinci_vaporizer,

david8613

That's the thing, I haven't used my unit in awhile so unit was cold and battery is difficult to pull out, this last time was definitely a chore. I turned her upside down and flavor chamber flew out no problem, but battery was really stuck. I pulled it out but I'm afraid to keep forcing it like that.

david8613,

MAGA

Does anyone else have trouble with the lid opening automatically with the straw mouthpiece on? I’ve tried both cilicone pieces and both of them do the same. It’s really annoying cause I like how the straw piece draws better than the flat.

MAGA,

MAGA

Now the lid raises on its own with the flat mouth piece. I don’t get it, why? It’s done it with the straw piece from the get now almost a week into the iq it’s raising on its own with temps over 390 with the flat piece.
They want me to send it in on a heptic feed back issue (sometimes works most time doesn’t) but it vapes amazing and it’s the only one I have. Now with the lid raising with BOTH mouth pieces I don’t have a choice I guess.

MAGA,

Sonicboom1991

Sounds like you packed too much in there with the spacer.

Sonicboom1991,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
To all inquiring about the best way to clean this area, the q-tip route is a good way to go, particularly if you are diligent in cleaning your vape. However, I know (I see some of the RMA's ) that not everyone is.

The entire vaporpath is sealed from electronics, so you can literally remove the flavor chamber. Plug the bowl area with 1 finger, spray some ISO into the flavor chamber area, plug that with your other finger and shake. It will release any build up on there. I do caution people to not do this as their normal cleaning routine as it will eventually degrade the silicone seals- but it's good for a monthly deep clean.

PS- why we didn't think of this sooner....I have no idea. I saw my tech doing this and was mind blown. :doh:

MAGA

To all inquiring about the best way to clean this area, the q-tip route is a good way to go, particularly if you are diligent in cleaning your vape. However, I know (I see some of the RMA's ) that not everyone is.

The entire vaporpath is sealed from electronics, so you can literally remove the flavor chamber. Plug the bowl area with 1 finger, spray some ISO into the flavor chamber area, plug that with your other finger and shake. It will release any build up on there. I do caution people to not do this as their normal cleaning routine as it will eventually degrade the silicone seals- but it's good for a monthly deep clean.

PS- why we didn't think of this sooner....I have no idea. I saw my tech doing this and was mind blown. :doh:
Why does my top lid raise on its own? It’s so annoying. I havs to keep a finger on the lid when vaping.

MAGA,

Scoopster

Why does my top lid raise on its own? It’s so annoying. I havs to keep a finger on the lid when vaping.

That sounds like it might be something with the magnets that secure the top, possibly not aligned or something like that. That's a guess. I would contact DVinci - or perhaps the DaVinci rep on this thead, who is generally very awesome and responsive, will pick this up and offer some advice. Good luck!

MAGA

That sounds like it might be something with the magnets that secure the top, possibly not aligned or something like that. That's a guess. I would contact DVinci - or perhaps the DaVinci rep on this thead, who is generally very awesome and responsive, will pick this up and offer some advice. Good luck!
Got an rma today. Going to send it in. The heptic feedback is sometimey as well. I hope they can fix it cause it vapes real well.

Top Bottom