vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
@Davinci_vaporizer Any chance we will have an App update allowing us to switch off that bloody battery-sucking Blutooth? Also, will we get a full "stealth" mode where all the lights can be switched off?
Really hoping to hear positive news from you! :)

vapen00b,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Hahahahahaha eu tenho muita vontade de ter um dynavap! Está nos meus planos comprar um. Mas tenho também um magic flight pra essas ocasiões (que tem o melhor suporte que já tive de uma empresa). Acredito que vá pegar um IQ depois das conversas por aqui. Muito obrigado. Um abraço!
Mesmo que eu gosto de ler português, por favor vamos escrever em inglês aqui no FC para todos os outros maconheiros que não entendem a língua, tá bom?

Obrigado,

Stu

Translation: Let's stick to English here.

:peace:

gnajhar

Mesmo que eu gosto de ler português, por favor vamos escrever em inglês aqui no FC para todos os outros maconheiros que não entendem a língua, tá bom?

Obrigado,

Stu

Translation: Let's stick to English here.

:peace:

Hey Stu, I was just writing in Portuguese to be more friendly and polite. My main language here is English, no worries. Sorry about any trouble. Cheers.

Sonicboom1991

Mate stories like that u have in almost all Vapes... but 10 year warranty u dont... and thats a huge thing... not saying is the best but i only need my IQ for a portable dry herb vape, at home the EVO is king.
If you vape 3-6 sessions per day most of the portable devices won't last long... i had 2 crafty each one died with 150h and 13months use...but i didn't had a desktop unit so i think this way about portable units...lets see if the MV1 is a sprinter or a marathon vape... so what device will you pick @gnajhar ?

I had similar experiences with the crafty. But my iq is still going at 140+hrs of use since July.

Sonicboom1991,
Reactions: karec

kiddvudu2

A couple of disconnected thoughts I've been meaning to post...

In regards to the "pack" I've really settled on pushing oven-sized nugs in and gently tamping them down to take out the extra air. Dry hit to test for resistance. If I want to use a spacer I just use a smaller nug (obviously). If my nug isn't quite big enuf I'll pinch in some extra loose material from the bottom of my container. I still end up with material that is the consistency of a medium grind from breaking nugs and whatnot so I still experience the grinded bowl a few times a week, but for me, hands down the oven-sized lovely-nug is my preferred sesh. Not to mention my herb stays fresher for much longer if I keep it ungrinded. One less step, one less tool to clean, one happy homeboy.

For the external temp of the IQ, it's great here in Michigan during the winter - hand warmer. However, even in the summer time I always use the rubberbands that I posted pics of earlier. They work both to insulate the heat for handling the IQ, and also as a grippy surface to keep it from slipping out of my hand. I think it looks pretty sweet too.

I try my best to clean after every session using an ISO wipe and a paper clip to gently clean the bottom edges/corners of the oven and then use my galvanized nail with proper sized head to push the wipe down and clean the flat bottom of the oven. Then I finish the ISO wipe off on the oven tray and pearl. Since I started doing this faithfully my IQ has performed like a champ and the deep cleanings I've done at 10 day intervals have been much easier than before.

I wanted to throw my hat in on the recent questions about CS as well. I purchased my IQ in Jan and it completely replaced my only other vape (PAX1). I've dealt with CS maybe 10 times, but only 3 or 4 were issue related. There was one mix-up that took my IQ out of hand for almost a month, but they did compensate me with some swag for the hassle, and eventually ended up replacing the device. All-in-all I would say that the CS staff is genuinely trying to do right by their customers and most of the time they do it without issue. However some of us have experienced minor hiccups. I wouldn't steer anybody away from the IQ for CS related issues though. If they were deliberately dropping the ball or trying to put the screws to customers that would be a different story. I truely believe this is a good company and I think the IQ will be a workhorse for many many people before it's time is up.

Lastly, I haven't experienced this battery drain issue that is supposedly related to the bluetooth, but I would certainly be in favor of an app update. I haven't reinstalled the app since I received my replacement IQ but I am watching this thread closely for news that an update has dropped. Lots that could be improved with the app, no doubt.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
@Davinci_vaporizer Any chance we will have an App update allowing us to switch off that bloody battery-sucking Blutooth? Also, will we get a full "stealth" mode where all the lights can be switched off?
Really hoping to hear positive news from you! :)
A couple of disconnected thoughts I've been meaning to post...

In regards to the "pack" I've really settled on pushing oven-sized nugs in and gently tamping them down to take out the extra air. Dry hit to test for resistance. If I want to use a spacer I just use a smaller nug (obviously). If my nug isn't quite big enuf I'll pinch in some extra loose material from the bottom of my container. I still end up with material that is the consistency of a medium grind from breaking nugs and whatnot so I still experience the grinded bowl a few times a week, but for me, hands down the oven-sized lovely-nug is my preferred sesh. Not to mention my herb stays fresher for much longer if I keep it ungrinded. One less step, one less tool to clean, one happy homeboy.

For the external temp of the IQ, it's great here in Michigan during the winter - hand warmer. However, even in the summer time I always use the rubberbands that I posted pics of earlier. They work both to insulate the heat for handling the IQ, and also as a grippy surface to keep it from slipping out of my hand. I think it looks pretty sweet too.

I try my best to clean after every session using an ISO wipe and a paper clip to gently clean the bottom edges/corners of the oven and then use my galvanized nail with proper sized head to push the wipe down and clean the flat bottom of the oven. Then I finish the ISO wipe off on the oven tray and pearl. Since I started doing this faithfully my IQ has performed like a champ and the deep cleanings I've done at 10 day intervals have been much easier than before.

I wanted to throw my hat in on the recent questions about CS as well. I purchased my IQ in Jan and it completely replaced my only other vape (PAX1). I've dealt with CS maybe 10 times, but only 3 or 4 were issue related. There was one mix-up that took my IQ out of hand for almost a month, but they did compensate me with some swag for the hassle, and eventually ended up replacing the device. All-in-all I would say that the CS staff is genuinely trying to do right by their customers and most of the time they do it without issue. However some of us have experienced minor hiccups. I wouldn't steer anybody away from the IQ for CS related issues though. If they were deliberately dropping the ball or trying to put the screws to customers that would be a different story. I truely believe this is a good company and I think the IQ will be a workhorse for many many people before it's time is up.

Lastly, I haven't experienced this battery drain issue that is supposedly related to the bluetooth, but I would certainly be in favor of an app update. I haven't reinstalled the app since I received my replacement IQ but I am watching this thread closely for news that an update has dropped. Lots that could be improved with the app, no doubt.

Cheers!

Thanks so much for the amazing feedback! Very helpful especially since we truly care about all of our customers and their experiences with the unit. As for the app, you're right, we are still making adjustments, and have factored in all the notes left and submitted. ;-) Keep the positive vibes coming! Love it!

" IT'S 5:05 PM, DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR DAVINCI CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENTS ARE? "
Sorry to hear you were having trouble getting connecting with us. Our customer service department has been a little busy due to the holiday, but we thank you in advance for being patient. I know it can be annoying when you're trying to reach someone asap. Anything I can help with?

Last edited by a moderator:
Davinci_vaporizer,

Modicum

I take back any disparaging words about DaVinci C.S. They have gone above and beyond the call of duty to fix problems that I had. I have learned to
separate their performance from the problems that we all having with the app. These people do care & share our frustrations.

stinkytofus

Iq is the best portable, if u have glass spacers u can do 0.12g like me, every feature i want, swappable batteries, very discreet, fast heat time, small, what else do u need ? Lol

The cons is minor and not groundbreaking
The part under the flavor chamber and above the oven is not somewhere thats easy to clean, everywhere else is easy
During summer it can get too hot, but that is expected for such a sleek device, its a con thats hard to do away with, maybe an insulating layer between the outside and internals, or some kind of material wrapped around the oven that doesnt transfer heat
I feel the usb charging can be done away with, it is a really useless feature and by removing it the iq will look even better, its better to charge ur batteries on a dedicated 18650 charger like xtar vp2 at .25amps

wisausnk

The IQ is such a good project but has sooo many problems... Difficulties in cleaning, battery needs to be removed 'cause if not bluetooth chip will drain it... Heats a lot too. Also I read TONS of bad reviews about customer service. It was my first option on a new vape but after some research I gave up. Seems like was not well tested before going public. =/

I don't get your problems, i clean my davinci every day with alcohol wipes and the loose parts in a jar with 99% Alcohol. Never had any Problems with the cleaning but i read a lot from ppl that don't clean their device regularly and a messy iq is probably hard to clean.

The Battery problem is not a real problem, i never noticed a huge drain there is some but its not that huge. Just buy a few 18650 and a external charger and you set to go.

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
You really will not be able to do away with the USB cord. Repeated battery changes will wear out the contact springs. I have RMA’d x2 for this. I also had learned to pull up on the contact spring but eventually it broke once and with the other IQ it just became a pain.
Also RMAs are taking a week over the 10-14 day standard CS repeats to you like a mantra. Be sure to have a back up vape for your IQ, yer gonna need one for a month when it needs repair. Save the power cord after it breaks because the RMA process requires you to send it back with your unit.
I was told that the ten year warranty was great and I would have to wait another week. When I replied back that the issue was not the warranty but that they had not apologized for not meeting their own CS standards of 10-14 business days for repair. I stated I would need to warn Christmas shoppers. 2 minutes later my unit was “just inspected” and a new unit being shipped out.
Why does the customer have to push so hard for DaVinci to do the right thing?

Last edited:

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
You really will not be able to do away with the USB cord. Repeated battery changes will wear out the contact springs. I have RMA’d x2 for this. I also had learned to pull up on the contact spring but eventually it broke once and with the other IQ it just became a pain.
Also RMAs are taking a week over the 10-14 day standard CS repeats to you like a mantra. Be sure to have a back up vape for your IQ, yer gonna need one for a month when it needs repair. Save the power cord after it breaks because the RMA process requires you to send it back with your unit.
I was told that the ten year warranty was great and I would have to wait another week. When I replied back that the issue was not the warranty but that they had not apologized for not meeting their own CS standards of 10-14 business days for repair. I stated I would need to warn Christmas shoppers. 2 minutes later my unit was “just inspected” and a new unit being shipped out.
Why does the customer have to push so hard for DaVinci to do the right thing?

@Glass004, great post as I did not know about the contact spring issue. Makes me wonder about removing the batteries when not in use? Great tip on the USB power cord, not sure if I could match the IQ to the cord it came with.

It seems @Davinci_vaporizer needs to speak with it's CS reps. There is nothing in the warranty about turn around time and the worst thing a business can do is over promise and under deliver. Perhaps they should change the time they are quoting? If mine was broken and they told me 10-14 days that would definitely be more palatable than 30 days, but if I'm not going to see it for 30 days it would be far better to say so. Respect! YaMon

pudink

Hello everyone, i have had the iq for a week now.

The first time i was using the unit i noticed that battery door was a bit stiff, it was a little bit hard to get it locked. At first i thought it was made specifically to make sure the battery is secure.

But today when i tried to change the battery i found it to be more difficult to get it to lock and click into the place.

i put the battery in, try to push the lid but without pressure it is not possible. Putting pressure on the lid worries me for a few reasons.
1- it might damage the bottom where the + side of the battery touches. i dont know how strong is the place the + side is touching.
2- i am afraid the battery might be damaged because i dont feel it is natural to put pressure on.
3- i am afraid the lid might break in the following weeks.

is that a normal thing , i mean the lid being so stiff? i would expect it to be working just by pushing it and clicking it into place. But this lid requires me to push on the battery door strongly and successfully securing the lock before it unlocks itself requires me to try and fail at least 4-5 times. The lock doesnt click into place without pressure

@Davinci_vaporizer

pudink,

stinkytofus

I find light packing works good, too tight the draw becomes too tight, if u have too free of a draw u put too little, a little resistance in the draw is perfect

MAbud

Agreed. I typically take a test draw prior to packing. Then once loaded I draw again and see if there is any change in resistance. If so I do a bit of adjusting before turning it on

MAbud,

Sonicboom1991

Hello everyone, i have had the iq for a week now.

The first time i was using the unit i noticed that battery door was a bit stiff, it was a little bit hard to get it locked. At first i thought it was made specifically to make sure the battery is secure.

But today when i tried to change the battery i found it to be more difficult to get it to lock and click into the place.

i put the battery in, try to push the lid but without pressure it is not possible. Putting pressure on the lid worries me for a few reasons.
1- it might damage the bottom where the + side of the battery touches. i dont know how strong is the place the + side is touching.
2- i am afraid the battery might be damaged because i dont feel it is natural to put pressure on.
3- i am afraid the lid might break in the following weeks.

is that a normal thing , i mean the lid being so stiff? i would expect it to be working just by pushing it and clicking it into place. But this lid requires me to push on the battery door strongly and successfully securing the lock before it unlocks itself requires me to try and fail at least 4-5 times. The lock doesnt click into place without pressure

@Davinci_vaporizer

The lid on mine is not stiff but I need to apply a little pressure to snap the battery lid closed. Mine has over 140hrs of use like that without issue so far.

Sonicboom1991,

pudink

Grabbed a:
Sony VTC6
Samsung 30Q
Nitecore D2 2 battery charger

That should get me started. Thanks for the help!

Looking forward to seeing how this compares to my Pax3 for my portable daily driver

Hey there. Can you please let me know how these batteries compare each other?
Samsung should be the coolest running one according to the posts i have read and sony should have the longest battery life.

So what are your thoughts? Does samsung run cooler and has less battery life? How do these batteries compare to the stock ones?

And do you change your batteries frequently, if you do so have you ever experienced something negative like worn out springs, broken battery lid?
Does changing the batteries too much shorten the life of the device?

After a thorough IQ cleaning, I ran an empty bowl for 10 min, three times, at 430 to off gas. Then I tried a method I learned on the Ghost forum- turn out the lights and shine a flashlight (I used my iPhone flashlight) in back of bowl. I couldn't believe how much off gassing I saw, and it never stopped. I encourage everyone to try it, with all of their vapes! Wish I could have tried this when the unit was brand new...

sorry as English is not my mother tongue i couldn't understand what is off gassing and why it occurs? is it due to the leftover materials that couldnt be cleaned in hard to reach areas?

pudink,

pudink

Hm guys I'm sorry I made a mistake, the 13A rating for the Samsung 35E is for the maximum discharge, the continuous rating is only 8A so it won't cut it. I should have double checked and not rely on the FT page, my bad...

LG MH1 is still ok, LG MJ1 is really on the limit but should work, Panasonic NCR18650GA is ok too. Then all the usual lower capacity but above 10A cells will work of course.

@ld : I don't know for the Orbtronics but the price seems a bit high for what is likely a rewrap. Try to stick to the 4 manufacturers really having factories (LG, Sony, Samsung, Panasonic/Sanyo)
Hello, what do you think of sony vtc6?
What should i use if i want iq to run cooler?

And also how can i be sure of the genuinity of these batteries? i have to buy them from my battery store and check them there as most Internet sites dont ship them overseas.
thanks

pudink,
Reactions: KeroZen

karec

@pudink @KeroZen Batteries i used the Sony VTC6 and the LG H1 with the original davinci IQ and the best one is the Sony follow by the LG, will give an extra session compared with the original one, the LG also performs great but i found out that will heat up the device more than the Sony, i use an external charger and never use the IQ for Charging.

@pudink Regarding the battery door mine is also stiff after almost 50hours of use, i have to give a little pressure to close but nothing out of ordinary...

Tranquility

The lid on mine is not stiff but I need to apply a little pressure to snap the battery lid closed. Mine has over 140hrs of use like that without issue so far.
I think the top assembly space is the main place DaVinci can improve through minor changes over time. The hinge bracket can come loose pretty easily and there are tweaks to keep things moving free that might not have to be done with some improvements. The battery door is a part of the assembly and there are times when you have to fiddle with it to close. (Another thing that might be changed is the oven door. If it can open a bit more, I can stir without burning myself on the pearl.)

As for the battery, I've used many. While my vape can get hot, once I realize it is not too hot (to cause damage), I don't really mind. In the cold, it's not a bug--it's a feature.

karec

I think the top assembly space is the main place DaVinci can improve through minor changes over time. The hinge bracket can come loose pretty easily and there are tweaks to keep things moving free that might not have to be done with some improvements. The battery door is a part of the assembly and there are times when you have to fiddle with it to close. (Another thing that might be changed is the oven door. If it can open a bit more, I can stir without burning myself on the pearl.)

As for the battery, I've used many. While my vape can get hot, once I realize it is not too hot (to cause damage), I don't really mind. In the cold, it's not a bug--it's a feature.

They already made some changes on the olive green but theres always room for improvement but you point out important ones, the oven door (sometimes i blow inside the chamber to get the AVB out and i already burned my lips on the pearl a few times...), the space between the bottom of the chamber and the top of the cooling unit for better cleaning, a better finish dont get me wrong i love the finish but it is starting to chip off on the edges and i avoid to keep it with keys or other stuff on my pockets..., the temp on the shell can be a feature in the cold indeed, a cover/skin... i saw some covers around from other brands but it hides the beauty of this vape so maybe DaVinci can work out something great.
Happy new year guys
Cheers

stinkytofus

Hello, what do you think of sony vtc6?
What should i use if i want iq to run cooler?

And also how can i be sure of the genuinity of these batteries? i have to buy them from my battery store and check them there as most Internet sites dont ship them overseas.
thanks
I dont think u will have to worry about the heat in autumn and winter, only spring and summer can get unbearably hot

Best way ? Buy from a well known seller, check for fake marks, very easy to spot, does it charge up to its rated mah ? So a battery charger with mah reading helps, ive bought samsungs 30q 3000 mah from a reputable place but it performed like a 2500mah cell in terms of life, not only are there fakes but rewraps of lower mah bats as a higher mah battery, and priced higher as well, so even in my case of rewrap its still considered a fake even if they rewrapped with a legit battery, same company, but lower mahs

Then i tried lg hg 2 and they hold the charge well, i use a sx mini ecig mod that shows how much battery life left in volts, i go from 4.20v to 3.60 (the point where i recommend to charge) i already accumulated 22-24000 joules (3000 mahs that go from full charge of 4.20v to 3.20 i can get 30000 joules), the fake samsung or rewrap to be more exact only gave me 16k from 4.20 to 3.6, i barely touch 20-21k going from full charge of 4.20 to 3.20, so that tells me the pink ones i got were rewraps becausw 30q and hg2 are suppose to be dead even in terms of battery life

Buy from reputable places that sells only batteries, even these places can have fakes from time to time, it happened before, buy a good battery charger, xtar is a good chinese company that i recommend, vp2 and sv2 is good

stinkytofus,
Reactions: KeroZen

Zow237

Found a minty fresh one one craigslist here in Denver. 125 barely used :). 'Might snag it. Anything I should be checking for? I have found the craziest deal for vapes in Denver. About To score an evo for 100 bux :$

Top Bottom