YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Thanks for the video Troy.. it’s further inspiring me to revisit my IQ. I did score the Hummingbird bubbler for on top, jury is still out on that. I can say the bowl needs to be loosely packed when using the Hummingbird.. more later. Respect! YaMon

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Thanks for the video Troy.. it’s further inspiring me to revisit my IQ. I did score the Hummingbird bubbler for on top, jury is still out on that. I can say the bowl needs to be loosely packed when using the Hummingbird.. more later. Respect! YaMon

With a fresh load of herbal goodness I enjoyed three ten minute sessions last night. I used a fine grind without packing tightly and found draw was difficult until I stirred between the first and second session. I had great flavor and clouds. I should definitely use this vape more. Lately I've been using mostly my Herbalizer and Titanium VapCap breaking things up occasionally with the FF2. After using the Vivant Alternate in Jamaica for a week I was missing a handheld I could session with and the IQ does that very well. I do have the Honeybird, but kept that aside while I became reacquainted with the IQ.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Hi guys,
is it possible to dim the brightness of the LED screen via app? Or is that gonna be possible one day @Davinci_vaporizer? It's way too bright, if you look at it perpendicularly... I guess I need sunglasses till then. :cool:

Thanks for letting me know! :)

Tranquility

Hi guys,
is it possible to dim the brightness of the LED screen via app? Or is that gonna be possible one day @Davinci_vaporizer? It's way too bright, if you look at it perpendicularly... I guess I need sunglasses till then. :cool:

Thanks for letting me know! :)
I don't know about the app, but you can hit the control button and the down button at the same time to get the vape to stealth mode and lower the lighting.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
There's a stealth mode in the app that dims the lights
Thanks! Strange that it's supposed to still have all the lights on in 'stealth mode'. Really hope they change it and give another option: lights off.

I don't know about the app, but you can hit the control button and the down button at the same time to get the vape to stealth mode and lower the lighting.
Great advice!. Thanks. That's what I was looking for.. Simple and easy :)
Main button plus up = full brightness

Bah, that's too bright. Back to 'stealth' ;) :)

vapen00b,

Tranquility

With a fresh load of herbal goodness I enjoyed three ten minute sessions last night. I used a fine grind without packing tightly and found draw was difficult until I stirred between the first and second session.
In addition to cleaning, which is harder than on some vapes but easier than on others; packing the IQ is the only real "skill" for using the vape. I have not found the grind to have that much of an effect on the toasting. While I tend to grind fine (Not with the special fine grinders, but by turning my grinder upside down for some turns before finishing it right side up.), a regular grind does not seem to change the experience for me.

Too little material without the spacer? Vapor is going to be very light--at best. Too much? As long as you can pull air through, it will work. However, if you packed it too tight you should stir after a couple of pulls. Breaking down the plug that forms will have your next few pulls be free flowing and exceptionally full of vapor. Just be sure to avoid the pearl with your fingers as you stir as it is still very hot. (Guess how I know.)

Interesting to me (And, not related to the vape.) is how much the volume of the material shrinks after a few inhalations. If you fill up the IQ to the brim and barely be able to close the door and then take a few pulls, the volume (after a stir) is reduced by at least a third. As to if that is actual removal of the solids that went to vapor or a result of how sticky material dropped into a chamber behaves, I don't know.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Too little material without the spacer? Vapor is going to be very light--at best. Too much? As long as you can pull air through, it will work. However, if you packed it too tight you should stir after a couple of pulls. Breaking down the plug that forms will have your next few pulls be free flowing and exceptionally full of vapor. Just be sure to avoid the pearl with your fingers as you stir as it is still very hot. (Guess how I know.)

@OldNewbie Great tip! I’m still working on the spacers. Last time I tried them did not work so well, but I had not used the vape in a long time. Now that we’re reacquainted I’ll have another go.

After some extensive and exhaustive testing (albeit with the Evo, not the IQ), I found that the average weight loss of a load post session was 33%, so your observations seem pretty damn accurate to me. :nod:
:peace:
@Stu makes sense to me after all aren’t we something like 98% water?

YaMon,
Reactions: Stu

crazferret

Well, shit. For the first time ever, I let a vape hit the floor. My IQ lights were messed up, but the device still seemed to work. The next day was a different story. It kept turning off, I finally got it to the right temp, but quality was horrible. The IQ will power up, but it is definitely screwed up.

I called customer service and it turns out they will repair it for $100. Such a better option than buying a new one. The thought of paying full price less than a year after purchase was not the way I wanted to close out 2017. I've decided I am going to wait until the holidays are over before I submit a ticket. No need to try and add more packages to the mix in the busiest time of year. I guess I will rely on my MV1 for now. Fortunately, there is no need for me to go full stealth in the near future.

crazferret,

gnajhar

The IQ is such a good project but has sooo many problems... Difficulties in cleaning, battery needs to be removed 'cause if not bluetooth chip will drain it... Heats a lot too. Also I read TONS of bad reviews about customer service. It was my first option on a new vape but after some research I gave up. Seems like was not well tested before going public. =/

gnajhar,
Reactions: BigJr48

karec

The IQ is such a good project but has sooo many problems... Difficulties in cleaning, battery needs to be removed 'cause if not bluetooth chip will drain it... Heats a lot too. Also I read TONS of bad reviews about customer service. It was my first option on a new vape but after some research I gave up. Seems like was not well tested before going public. =/

Mate stories like that u have in almost all Vapes... but 10 year warranty u dont... and thats a huge thing... not saying is the best but i only need my IQ for a portable dry herb vape, at home the EVO is king.
If you vape 3-6 sessions per day most of the portable devices won't last long... i had 2 crafty each one died with 150h and 13months use...but i didn't had a desktop unit so i think this way about portable units...lets see if the MV1 is a sprinter or a marathon vape... so what device will you pick @gnajhar ?

gnajhar

Mate stories like that u have in almost all Vapes... but 10 year warranty u dont... and thats a huge thing... not saying is the best but i only need my IQ for a portable dry herb vape, at home the EVO is king.
If you vape 3-6 sessions per day most of the portable devices won't last long... i had 2 crafty each one died with 150h and 13months use...but i didn't had a desktop unit so i think this way about portable units...lets see if the MV1 is a sprinter or a marathon vape... so what device will you pick @gnajhar ?

Thank you for taking the time to answer me. With talking maybe I can be convinced to go with the IQ 'cause I really tend to like it. I chose an Arizer Air 2 because Arizer products have a good reputation on being well built, pure and good flavor too such as the IQ as I'm concerned. And a good customer service. The only thing that I don't like much in Arizer products is their design. What do you think about this?

MAbud

Flavor is excellent on the IQ for a portable. Yes it has some quirks, but so does every Vape I own. For on the go or discreet use the IQ is great. My wife also loves it because it’s the only Vape she finds simple enough to operate herself.

MAbud,
Reactions: karec

YaMon

Vaping since 2010

Tudo bem com voce! You are right about the Bluetooth, but with these batteries I feel that is only a problem if your @Davinci_vaporizer IQ is sitting for days (You are not using it) and then you just need to have a spare 18650 which is easy to swap out. A lot of vapes are coming out with Bluetooth enabled. I have a FireFly 2 with Bluetooth and it's batteries are much smaller in capacity and worse yet proprietary.

Not tested? Respectfully I disagree. The IQ comes from an established manufacturer and in addition to succeeding the original Davinci and the Ascent (which are still produced and sold today) beta testing was performed. Cleaning as with any vape is an exercise and needs to occur regularly. How would you improve the design to ease cleaning? I hear what you are saying, the IQ does get warm with use. I have thought the vape would benefit by having cooling fins on the exterior to increase surface area, but this would impact the vapes esthetics. Is the problem significant enough to warrant this?

I'm not denying nor admonishing the problems you site with service provided by @Davinci_vaporizer. I am only able to comment on orders from them. All orders have been quickly processed with great communication. I have no complaints.

gnajhar

Tudo bem com voce! You are right about the Bluetooth, but with these batteries I feel that is only a problem if your @Davinci_vaporizer IQ is sitting for days (You are not using it) and then you just need to have a spare 18650 which is easy to swap out. A lot of vapes are coming out with Bluetooth enabled. I have a FireFly 2 with Bluetooth and it's batteries are much smaller in capacity and worse yet proprietary.

Not tested? Respectfully I disagree. The IQ comes from an established manufacturer and in addition to succeeding the original Davinci and the Ascent (which are still produced and sold today) beta testing was performed. Cleaning as with any vape is an exercise and needs to occur regularly. How would you improve the design to ease cleaning? I hear what you are saying, the IQ does get warm with use. I have thought the vape would benefit by having cooling fins on the exterior to increase surface area, but this would impact the vapes esthetics. Is the problem significant enough to warrant this?

I'm not denying nor admonishing the problems you site with service provided by @Davinci_vaporizer. I am only able to comment on orders from them. All orders have been quickly processed with great communication. I have no complaints.

Oi! Tudo bem, e com você? Thank you for taking the time to answer. What i said about being "not tested" is that it has some problems that could (or not) beeen avoided, such as turning off bluetooth, not warming that much... I know beta test were made, but still it has its weaknesses. The warm factor is indeed concerning for me as I live in Rio, one of the most warm cities in the world. Imagine vaporizing on a 40ºC with that nearly-burning your hand device. I absolutely love the design, functionality and the materials used. That is why I am here, to see if some of the cons that I listed for me vanishes away. Did you ever was in need of customer service on DaVinci? When they released the IQ tons of bad reviews about it was all over the internet. As I'm from other country, that double concerns me. Cheers and have a nice day!

gnajhar,

karec

Thank you for taking the time to answer me. With talking maybe I can be convinced to go with the IQ 'cause I really tend to like it. I chose an Arizer Air 2 because Arizer products have a good reputation on being well built, pure and good flavor too such as the IQ as I'm concerned. And a good customer service. The only thing that I don't like much in Arizer products is their design. What do you think about this?

Mate im not trying to convince you to buy an Iq im only sharing my experience with it, i never tried an Arizer so i cannot compare both but the IQ have wonderful taste i agree with @MAbud with taste and stealthness and with @YaMon about batteries and this unit being tested, the IQ is considered to be one of the best portables around...regarding the design the IQ is number 1 and blast the others in my opinion is the best looking vape i have. the 10 year warranty is another field that the IQ blast the competition.
The best is to try each one hehehehehe
Cheers

gnajhar

Mate im not trying to convince you to buy an Iq im only sharing my experience with it, i never tried an Arizer so i cannot compare both but the IQ have wonderful taste i agree with @MAbud with taste and stealthness and with @YaMon about batteries and this unit being tested, the IQ is considered to be one of the best portables around...regarding the design the IQ is number 1 and blast the others in my opinion is the best looking vape i have. the 10 year warranty is another field that the IQ blast the competition.
The best is to try each one hehehehehe
Cheers
Hahahaha I know that, I'm the one trying to convince myself... I really like the IQ. Thank you for helping! Cheers.

gnajhar,

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Imagine vaporizing on a 40ºC with that nearly-burning your hand device.
I agree, I would be worried. Being in Rio are you thinking if you have a problem you will not be able to return the vape for service, or if so it will get held up in customs either in the states or in Brazil? Any local shops selling these that would stand behind them?

If I could or would not send a vape back to the states fro the cost of the IQ I might consider a VapCap. a log vape or 7th Floor desktop and some portable like the Vivant Alternate

YaMon,
Reactions: gnajhar

gnajhar

I agree, I would be worried. Being in Rio are you thinking if you have a problem you will not be able to return the vape for service, or if so it will get held up in customs either in the states or in Brazil? Any local shops selling these that would stand behind them?

If I could or would not send a vape back to the states fro the cost of the IQ I might consider a VapCap. a log vape or 7th Floor desktop and some portable like the Vivant Alternate

We have two shops here that are authorized reselers for DaVinci, Pax & Arizer , the warranty is attached to them (not for the 10 years, I think maybe 2 and after that we deal directly with CS from each company), so that is not much of a worry. For that reason I am more inclined to go with Air II, but I'll confirm if I can deal the 10 year warranty directly with our reseler here. Thank you for the tips. Cheers

gnajhar,

karec

We have two shops here that are authorized reselers for DaVinci, Pax & Arizer , the warranty is attached to them (not for the 10 years, I think maybe 2 and after that we deal directly with CS from each company), so that is not much of a worry. For that reason I am more inclined to go with Air II, but I'll confirm if I can deal the 10 year warranty directly with our reseler here. Thank you for the tips. Cheers

Mate even the 2 years that the store offers is connected with the 10 year of DaVinci... and the 10 year is mandatory so is just the hassle of sending and all the process involved... here in Lisboa Portugal is now winter time and vaping with 10ºC with a hot unit.... i love it hahahahaha makes my hands warmer!!! the metal body of the IQ doesn't help also....
E nós a falar ingles qd somos 3 caras q falamos Português?! Abraço de Portugal

O vapcap é uma boa ideia sempre!!!ideal para qd um vaporizador vai de volta para reparar... so partindo se estraga...

gnajhar

Mate even the 2 years that the store offers is connected with the 10 year of DaVinci... and the 10 year is mandatory so is just the hassle of sending and all the process involved... here in Lisboa Portugal is now winter time and vaping with 10ºC with a hot unit.... i love it hahahahaha makes my hands warmer!!! the metal body of the IQ doesn't help also....
E nós a falar ingles qd somos 3 caras q falamos Português?! Abraço de Portugal

O vapcap é uma boa ideia sempre!!!ideal para qd um vaporizador vai de volta para reparar... so partindo se estraga...

Hahahahahaha eu tenho muita vontade de ter um dynavap! Está nos meus planos comprar um. Mas tenho também um magic flight pra essas ocasiões (que tem o melhor suporte que já tive de uma empresa). Acredito que vá pegar um IQ depois das conversas por aqui. Muito obrigado. Um abraço!

gnajhar,
Top Bottom