Esentis

I hear you guys on the app, it absolutely is in need of an update. We've been actively working with a new company to push out an update that should resolve all of the issues. This app has been challenging to say the least.....

Alright then.. I guess we have to wait. Because otherwise the Bluetooth is useless and it is just draining the battery for no reason whatsoever.

Justpassedu

I gotta chime in to say all that are having battery drain problems should not be. I had purchased a Iq almost close to its release , it had so many problems including the battery drain. I had to battle it out with Davinci for awhile as customer service was somewhat lacking back at the time but i have since heard it has improved. All in all i have been very happy with it. I was sent a new unit after my problem. I don't use the app nor do i even use the smart paths , i just use my own temp selection. It has been working perfect ( knock on wood ) , no battery drain issues , i keep my battery in it for weeks at a time and come back to it still at the same level and with a charge. I am not sure what they did but i am happy or i would have sold it long ago. My typical session is a full packing of the bowl , start at around 370F-384F and after a few hits work my way up in temp. Sometimes i will stop the session and come back for a second but i usually limit it to 2 sessions per packing as i like the fresh taste of flowers and save that avb for baking. Great little vape imo and i have a few but it definitely fits in my rotation almost daily and being able to swap batteries is a huge plus for me with any portable.

Scoopster

I hear you guys on the app, it absolutely is in need of an update. We've been actively working with a new company to push out an update that should resolve all of the issues. This app has been challenging to say the least.....
Any chance there is a change that turns off bluetooth on the IQ when the device is not in use? The iphone integration is nice but the battery drain even when the unit is off is a drag.

Scoopster,
Reactions: BigJr48

kiddvudu2

Hey there FC. Been a while since I posted. Not looking forward to this post, but feel it's info other DaVinci owners should know.

I've owned my IQ since January 2017 and it worked flawlessly up until the beginning of October when the power and up/down buttons became sticky and made the device act quirky as a result. I sent it in to Davinci for repair and when I received it back (about 3 weeks) I found the pearl post snapped off and the pearl missing. I re-contacted Davinci support via the RMA email we had been using to communicate regarding the return to explain my dismay at what would probably be more time without my IQ. I was hoping they would some how make the effort to go the extra mile to take care of me but was disappointed that the only extra step they would take was to put it on the top of the RMA pile when it arrives back to their shop.

I didn't break the post or lose the pearl, yet I will have to pay to ship it back for a second time and the worse part is I will be without it for most likely another 3 weeks. It's just another kick in the stones that I had just replaced that pearl post with a brand new one that they had sent me a week prior to sending it in for the original RMA.

I hoped (but wasn't holding my breath) that they might send me a new unit in exchange for my old one just to save time, but no such luck. I figured they might toss in some extra swag or something to show an effort to keep a customer happy - I've always been very supportive of the support crew at Davinci while posting here on FC and this is my first post that isn't singing their praises. Bummed out. Still love the vape, but very frustrated with this particular situation.

Sincerely,
JJB

Hey FC buds! Just dropping in to close the loop on my recent RMA experience with the folks at DaVinci.

As mentioned in the quote above, I was disappointed about being without my device for so long for something that wasn't my fault and I didn't feel like I was being treated like anybody really cared. However, one of the tech's PM'd me shortly after that post and heard my complaints and since I had already shipped it back to them reimbursed my shipping fees with some free swag. This made me feel a little better, but I was still without my IQ.

They did a very good job about turning it around once they received it. In fact, it was repaired and shipped out the same day they received it. Unfortunately for me, it was held up in Texas for several days before finally flying out to my home state. I was only without the device for 9 or 10 days, but without that delay in TX it would have been a week or less (I deem that acceptable).

The unit was originally in for sticky buttons (before they broke the pearl post off) and when I received it back this time it worked "better" for the first 2 sessions, but then the buttons started failing again. This is when I contemplated pulling my hair out... Another email to support and PM to the tech who had been working with me finally ended up in them shipping a new IQ out which arrived very quickly. I've had the new device since Sunday and am as happy as I was when I received the original unit. The IQ is such a great device when it's working as designed.

I know it's impossible for a company to replace every warranty repair with new units without first looking at them. And I understand my experience had a couple of hiccups that made it a little uncomfortable but in the end I think DaVinci treated me fairly.

Some quick notes about the sticky buttons issue that may be helpful to some: I read a while back a post (I'm pretty sure from the DaVinci folks) about a cleaning technique where one of the techs (in order to do a more thorough cleaning) plugged the oven hole with a thumb and then poured ISO into the chamber from the top. Then plug the top hole with a finger and shake it a bit, dumping it out after a few seconds. I'm quite certain my buttons became sticky shortly (or immediately) after trying this for the first time. I only did that method 2 or 3 times and will never do it again. As my unit was excellent until the buttons started to stick.
Maybe that was the root cause, maybe not. As for me though, I will be extra careful to use only as much ISO as necessary to clean from now on. And will try my best to wipe the oven out with an ISO pad after each use to avoid excess build up which might require more ISO.

Cheers every one, happy holidays, and thanks a bunch to DaVinci for taking care of me.

Peese!

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Some quick notes about the sticky buttons issue that may be helpful to some: I read a while back a post (I'm pretty sure from the DaVinci folks) about a cleaning technique where one of the techs (in order to do a more thorough cleaning) plugged the oven hole with a thumb and then poured ISO into the chamber from the top. Then plug the top hole with a finger and shake it a bit, dumping it out after a few seconds. I'm quite certain my buttons became sticky shortly (or immediately) after trying this for the first time. I only did that method 2 or 3 times and will never do it again. As my unit was excellent until the buttons started to stick.
Maybe that was the root cause, maybe not. As for me though, I will be extra careful to use only as much ISO as necessary to clean from now on. And will try my best to wipe the oven out with an ISO pad after each use to avoid excess build up which might require more ISO.

The instructions definitely would not lend to the first cleaning method you mentioned. Without knowing the construction in detail I would definitely stick to brushes, tips and iso pads.

Happy to hear your up running again. I’m trying to revisit my IQ as ski season is approaching and it works well for that. I also picked up a nectar collector with credit and 20% off. Not doing well out of the gate, but I will give it some more time. Respect! YaMon

YaMon,

Tranquility

The instructions definitely would not lend to the first cleaning method you mentioned. Without knowing the construction in detail I would definitely stick to brushes, tips and iso pads.

The Davinci rep mentioned the ISO finger plug method of cleaning u/kiddvudu2 wrote of but cautioned against using it all the time. The context was to prove the airpath was not over the electronics.

To all inquiring about the best way to clean this area, the q-tip route is a good way to go, particularly if you are diligent in cleaning your vape. However, I know (I see some of the RMA's ) that not everyone is.

The entire vaporpath is sealed from electronics, so you can literally remove the flavor chamber. Plug the bowl area with 1 finger, spray some ISO into the flavor chamber area, plug that with your other finger and shake. It will release any build up on there. I do caution people to not do this as their normal cleaning routine as it will eventually degrade the silicone seals- but it's good for a monthly deep clean.

PS- why we didn't think of this sooner....I have no idea. I saw my tech doing this and was mind blown. :doh:

Tranquility

@Davinci_vaporizer I'lol be ordering an IQ as soon as you update the app/firmware to allow for a three button press on and off. Five is too many IMO. Thank you
There is value to standards. While I like a little anarchy if it makes things better, having each battery vape or mod with some random number of presses required to turn it off is not a good thing. The very purpose of the multiple presses is to make sure the unit turns on or turns off only when wanted. It's mostly a safety issue. Any manufacturer who varies from industry standards better have a very good reason for doing so. Otherwise, anyone who is hurt from the device (because of some tangential relationship to the on/off function) is going to sue for product liability (design flaw). Without a good reason (safety wise) for the change, the manufacturer will lose.

Because of this, I suspect there will be no mole who first sticks his head out of a hole on the Whack-a-Mole from larger companies to litigate the issue of if 3 presses are as safe as 5.

snorcan

Stay charged, my friends
There is value to standards. While I like a little anarchy if it makes things better, having each battery vape or mod with some random number of presses required to turn it off is not a good thing. The very purpose of the multiple presses is to make sure the unit turns on or turns off only when wanted. It's mostly a safety issue. Any manufacturer who varies from industry standards better have a very good reason for doing so. Otherwise, anyone who is hurt from the device (because of some tangential relationship to the on/off function) is going to sue for product liability (design flaw). Without a good reason (safety wise) for the change, the manufacturer will lose.

Because of this, I suspect there will be no mole who first sticks his head out of a hole on the Whack-a-Mole from larger companies to litigate the issue of if 3 presses are as safe as 5.

Then give the user choice through the app. Include a big bold warnin that three presses may result in serious injury or death!! Or, allow for the other industry standard of press and hold to turn on. Five quick successive presses that sometimes results in the need for two to three attempts to get it right is overkill and I don't like it. Others have expressed a similar sentiment. And I would hardly call five quick successive presses a standard.

snorcan,

Tranquility

Then give the user choice through the app. Include a big bold warnin that three presses may result in serious injury or death!! Or, allow for the other industry standard of press and hold to turn on. Five quick successive presses that sometimes results in the need for two to three attempts to get it right is overkill and I don't like it. Others have expressed a similar sentiment. And I would hardly call five quick successive presses a standard.
Every mod and vape I have use five clicks. Even the batteries for a disposable cartridge are 5 clicks out here. That's going to be a standard even if all don't comply. (On a quick search, everything I see has 5 clicks for on/off. Is there anyone who uses 3?)

As to if that is the best number is a completely different question. A question that could cost a lot in litigation just to prove and a lot more if damages resulted. I'm not saying 3 clicks wouldn't be better if the industry goes there. (I have no opinion on that.) It's just that any corporation who has access to an attorney for advice is not going to change from the standard just to please a portion of their customer base.

As to the warning, that is probably not enough. I don't want to get too far into the weeds (heh) on it but one defense to product liability is that if there is some design choice that could cause harm, you might be able to avoid liability if you make it safe, perhaps through warning. This is where all the warning labels and admonitions come from. They are an attempt to make something safe through warning.

However, the warning required for something that changes the standard, is going to be pretty intense. A sticker on the vape or a sentence in the manual is not going to be warning enough when you change a basic functionality. You have to make sure the person is warned enough to appreciate the danger. Habit is hard to overcome.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
@OldNewbie, hit the nail on the head. We opted for the 5x clicks for safety reasons....and because it was already such a familiar pattern that so many devices follow. Don't get me wrong, we've kicked around the idea of custom unlock patterns and such. We did initially make the 5x clicks too fast, which caused some issues for those with dexterity issues, but we slowed down the required click rate after the first...200 units or so. I'll put this in front of the dev team for consideration though.

Justpassedu

5 clicks on is and has been the standard , 3 clicks on certain vapes , pens , mods to change voltage. Why change it and confuse people. I personally never had a problem with it but can understand if some would like it to be able to be changed in the app , i personally would just stick with the 5 as i am so used to it now. Definitely a safety issue also as anything less and you have that chance of it turning on in your pocket.

snorcan

Stay charged, my friends
Some people, namely me, have joints that are at times extremely arthritic and painful. Believe me there is a difference between being able to click three times fast and five times. Better yet though, would be a press and hold option.

kilumenati

Was thinking of getting one of these they look slick what they like of to a haze v3 anyone have any experiences?

I was looking at the same thing, the Haze 50% sale was appealing but reading how painful cleaning is, I started looking at the IQ and Arizers. One of my preferences is to have a removeable battery since I've already got an external 18650 charger, and just having the option for spare batts is always plus.
I decided to do some more research, so I came back to FC and found a really neat vape mod called Tubo evic, it uses the Joytech eVic-VTC Mini as its heat source. Although the design is slightly bulky for travel, it seems to be a powerful vape for the price range.

I'm still on the fence with the IQ but recently came across this deal from Vapemood, an unheard of $80 off the IQ! :o
https://vapemood.com/product/davinci-iq-vaporizer/

My only hesistation is I'm not familar with this site, so I'm doing some more digging to see what their reputation is like.

Edit: @Davinci_vaporizer are you familiar with this retailer?

Last edited:
kilumenati,

Scoopster

Started decorating today.

iMIXZ6A.jpg

kilumenati

almost there

Upon further research of Vapemood, they appear to be hit and miss providing pretty poor and shady customer support.

https://resellerratings.com/store/Vapemood_com

https://m.facebook.com/vapemood/

Also, thanks to @PuffItUp for providing the blog post of the fake IQ, this makes more sense why they could offer it at such a low price. http://blog.puffitup.com/2017/10/fake-davinci-iq-always-buy-authorized/
vapemood isn't an authorized dealer when last I checked

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member
@kilumenati I ordered my FF2 from vapemood. I didn’t have any problems and got my vape in two days. They also gave me a free grinder and EVAC storage jar. They’re in the Central Valley so if you’re in CA I’m sure you’ll get your vape quick. Good luck:peace:

Paka-cholo,

shawn1

Hi All,

First post on this forum, I am coming from an arizer air and havent had to stir in the past. How often do you need to stir your bowl in a session?

shawn1,

kilumenati

@kilumenati I ordered my FF2 from vapemood. I didn’t have any problems and got my vape in two days. They also gave me a free grinder and EVAC storage jar. They’re in the Central Valley so if you’re in CA I’m sure you’ll get your vape quick. Good luck:peace:

Appreciate the input, I suppose its a risk and reward comprimise. I honestly think its not worth saving a lot of money, then dealing with shady and unethical people if you eventually needed support.
Even if it were a genuine product, its another gamble if Davinci would even honor the warranty.

MAbud

Hi All,

First post on this forum, I am coming from an arizer air and havent had to stir in the past. How often do you need to stir your bowl in a session?

I never stir my IQ and ABV is always even. I pack loose to as not to constrict air flow and create more draw resistance

MAbud,
Top Bottom