• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The CVault - Climate Controlled Storage

Thelazyoregonian

I've had the smell go away also. I put an oz of some Durban Posion that was amazingly smelly into one and overnight all the odor was gone. Very upset. Weed smoked good but scent and flavor were gone. I used boveda's in mason jars with no problems, so I don't think it was them.

Thelazyoregonian,

blazedd

Dang. I have a large glass jar with one of those latch and gasket style lid.. should I just start puttin bud in there with the bodeva pack stuffed into the lid?

I just didn't like that because I felt there was too much air left in there.. it's a huge jar that could probably hold up to a few ounces easy.

Also is it 1 bodeva per Medium cvault but 2 per Large cvault?

blazedd,

Mr. Me2

Dang. I have a large glass jar with one of those latch and gasket style lid.. should I just start puttin bud in there with the bodeva pack stuffed into the lid?

I just didn't like that because I felt there was too much air left in there.. it's a huge jar that could probably hold up to a few ounces easy.

Also is it 1 bodeva per Medium cvault but 2 per Large cvault?
I wouldn't worry about the air (boveda will humidify it). But I would be concerned about sunlight.

1 pack for the medium, I think 2 is right for the large, but I'd check the cvault site. If the info isn't there, call them. They're VERY helpful.

Kief

Medicated
My only problem is smell retention....
I popped the whole zip into my Large Cvault and the next day I noticed the smell had nearly faded away..
I've had the smell go away also.
Here's a copy & paste of my previous post answering this concern:

"The 62% Humidipaks provide a perfect environment to preserve your herb and it's wonderful aroma. They lock in the smell, but it will come back when you dry it out just a little, or... just put it in your vape, it should taste as good or better than before the Humidipaks as long as your cure went well."

To explain it a bit further... the odor that you get from your sweet smelling buds is actually the result of them slowly breaking down (deteriorating). Some of this breakdown is a good thing, it's what takes place to cure your flowers. After your buds are cured, the best way to stop the breakdown (that I know of) is to store them with Boveda packs. It's not only storing in the dark and having the proper humidity that slows the process, it's also the salt in the Humidipacks... a three part system that greatly reduces the chance for unwanted mold and bacteria growth while keeping the flowers as fresh and potent as possible. The only side effect is this will reduce the odor emitted by your buds while being stored with the packs, not a negative thing at all.

Thelazyoregonian

I'm not sure that's what is actually happening with the smell being gone.

As a medical grower I have grown and cured a lot of cannabis and have always used boveda's packs for storage and in the final stage of curing.

Never once in all of the Pounds of cannabis I've cured have I had the smell go away when stored with boved packs. Even after almost of year of being stored in a mason jar with a pack once the jar was cracked the odor was overwhelming.

I think it has to do with the metal in the C-vault. I guess I could do an experiment on my next harvest.

Any ideas on how metal or the container in some way could effect the terpenes in bud?

Edit: the smell left almost overnight with my cvault, the packs take a while to change the conditions in jars so I don't know that there was enough time for the boveda to reduce the smell if that indeed does happen.

Not arguing, your science is spot on with the packs and curing but I don't think that is what happened to my nice smelly Durban bugs back then.

Thelazyoregonian,
Reactions: AhBeVapin

blazedd

Hmm not sure about Lazyoregonian's experience, but it actually makes pretty good sense to me. It does seem like these 62% packs keep the bud super fresh and essentially locked at 62%, as soon as you crack open a single bud - the smell just overwhelms once again.

But something new my friend and I have been trying is putting 2 packs in the Medium sized one.. it's only supposed to be 1 but since we have started using 2 packs in there, the bud seems a bit fresher, but more importantly the smell is stronger. Not sure how this is working.. but has anyone else experienced something similar when putting in more packs than recommended?

reskey

About smell, If you take weed that is drying out but still has smell and put it in a container of any type, and then put a piece of a paper towel with a couple drops of water on it in the container? It will lose some smell over a couple days. That has been my experience with re-hydrating.

My C-vault was a bit of a surprise, because it eliminated 90% of the smell in a couple days. Btw, I have heard that the metal container is the issue, not believing that. The Boveda pack is a step in the right direction, but we don't understand the plant and available tech well enough yet.

reskey,

neogitus

After messaging back and forth on instagram with a c vault representative and doing everything they said ( cleaning jars, seals , bending the latches so they seal stronger and none work, mine still leak out smell (unacceptable) and they are like sorry , your weed must be super dank we can guarantee it reduces the smell over conventional storage methods, which i find hard to believe, as I never smelt anything from 2 fit away leaking out of of the latches when I was using a bunch of mason jars. When I got them they were advertised as keeping even the dankest smells in, even the reviews I watched said that. My small c vaults don't leak that much smell but the big ones (more important, cost more $) just reek sometimes. I had one near my bed one day and I had to move it to another room cuz all i could smell while trying to pass out was strong dank smell. I can clearly smell weed from the latches of my big jars, no matter if i switch the strain or not. Id honestly recommend just using the boveda with a different jar as they aren't worth the price (keeping smell in is a selling point for many) Didn't spend 300 on storage jars just to avoid light degradation lol I figured my room would smell less of dank but so far no dice

neogitus,

zor

That's really puzzling man, can you return the ones you've gotten and maybe try a different vendor? It's a silly possibility but maybe you got some counterfeit or faulty units? I mean, I dunno how much more basic you can get in making a container airtight, a gasket and clasp should be sufficient.

Maybe the gasket is porous/old/degrading? Maybe the seal isn't forming properly because of.....gah, I have no clue. I've had nothing but a perfect experience with my single cvault, which is why I'm so puzzled!

zor,

Vapenado

..you can put your weed in it
Interesting and much more affordable than this...
http://cannador.com/
However...this has no packs to replace. Similar to a humidor...you simply soak beads in a bit of water and voila...back in action. I also like the lock and drawer option...not to mention the air tight aspect....and the cherry or walnut options make for a very sophisticated, appealing 'package'. I just ordered one but was looking for feedback from anyone that may have tried it out already...

Vapenado,

narrowsparrow

I just got a medium CVault, and the instructions inform me that I should not put moist stuff in it. I do not buy much at a time (maybe a 1/2 every six weeks or so). I really don't want to dry out all of it at once. I tend to put a few buds out for a couple of days from the main purchase, then grind the buds & store the results in a Jayrz container. I got the CVault to replace multiple Smelly Bags and Zip-Locs.

Here's my question. If I take the packet out of the CVault, can I use it to store newly-bought (not necessarily newly-grown) product in it for a month or so? I will likely need a little science lesson as I may be thinking about this all wrong. I'm assuming the packet is to keep stuff dry, right? By removing the packet, the CVault will keep it from drying out too soon, thereby losing its potency too soon. That's what I'm thinking. Please teach me!

narrowsparrow,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Be careful putting any bud in a cvault that has a rh of 65% or higher. The boveda are two-way, so in theory it will dry out moist bud and moisten dry bud. The problem is it works slowly so mold can grow if you don't get the rh down below 65% before sealing up for weeks or months at a time.

max

Out to lunch
mine still leak out smell
I've never had that issue. The seals on mine are good. I won't say smell can't happen, but I do agree your herb would have to be really strong, odor wise.

I've had a couple of CVaults for years, and recently decided to expand the collection. I looked all over for the best pricing- eBay, Amazon, etc., but found the lowest prices here . If I hadn't done a Google search I wouldn't have known the Buddy Bags site even carried CVault since they don't list 'em under products. I feel sure these are best prices around, and they also offer 15% off for following them on social media.

For Boveda packs I also went price hunting and ended up on eBay. 'cigarplace' has a pack of 10 (62%) for $9.95 w/free shipping. It's the right size for the medium or large CVault and you won't beat the price.

narrowsparrow

Good info. Max. It's always great to learn of lower prices! I understand that I need some kind of tool to measure the humidity of my CVault? What should I look for? My Boveda pack is as hard as a rock now.

narrowsparrow,

Mr. Me2

Good info. Max. It's always great to learn of lower prices! I understand that I need some kind of tool to measure the humidity of my CVault? What should I look for? My Boveda pack is as hard as a rock now.
When the Boveda pack is hard, it's toast and time for a new one. I think I remember there's a way to revive them, but I'm not sure...

You can always get one of those things used in a humidor that measures humidity levels, but I don't think it's necessary. Hope this helps!

Mr. Me2,

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself

About refilling the boveda, you have to put some distilled water on the bottom, the boveda on the top then close the jar and after a few days, your boveda should be ready to go!
Mine are old and have been refilled three-time as now. :)

For monitoring the HR, check out the caliber IV hygrometer, or maybe some cheaper one used in terrarium ;)

About the CVault, is the orange joint removable and can we buy spares one? Does it age well or do you have to replace it from times to times like with Mason jar?

TheVaporist,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2

About refilling the boveda, you have to put some distilled water on the bottom, the boveda on the top then close the jar and after a few days, your boveda should be ready to go!
Mine are old and have been refilled three-time as now. :)

For monitoring the HR, check out the caliber IV hygrometer, or maybe some cheaper one used in terrarium ;)

About the CVault, is the orange joint removable and can we buy spares one? Does it age well or do you have to replace it from times to times like with Mason jar?
I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "orange joint". But I can recommend calling CVault. I did (a while ago) and had great results. Seems to be a small business and the owner picked up the phone. Very nice guy and happy to help or answer questions.

TheVaporist

I'm taking about the orange joint (or o-ring?) than we can see in this picture :
cvault-large-cvault-lid-off-2_1024x1024.png

In Mason jar we can replace it when it get old and "dry".
Sorry it's a bit difficult to me, due to the language's barrier :)

I had wrote an email to CVault without response, and for the phone that's not possible :)

TheVaporist,

Mr. Me2

That's what I thought you meant, but didn't know if some CVault sizes came with a hinge. I haven't seen CVault sell parts. But if yours is dried/cracked/not providing a good seal, and you have a replacement, I can't see why you couldn't try to replace it. I mean at that point, what do you have to lose?

My only suggestion is to first check out the warranty to see if they will replace the piece.

TheVaporist

I doesn't have a CVault yet, this is why I ask you about the orange o-ring, as it is a drawback for me if it's glued or not possible to replace it after years.

I see that as the week point of the CVault, and it would be awesome if they can supply us with these part!

I hope they'll reply to my email :)

TheVaporist,

Mr. Me2

I can tell you I have 2 and love them. It was the least expensive way I could find to properly maintain my flowers. Partly because I didn't want to use a glass container (to avoid uv exposure and for privacy ).

max

Out to lunch
About the CVault, is the orange joint removable and can we buy spares one?

I've had my two CVaults since the product was introduced (about 5 yrs. ago?), and the "orange joint" (the seal for the container) is fine. Looks and feels as good as new. I would think it's good for many years to come.

I understand that I need some kind of tool to measure the humidity of my CVault?
Need it? No. Could it be useful? Yes. Do I intend to look for one? No. You don't really need a CVault for storage for that matter, but it does keep your herb from drying out, especially in the colder months when your home heating system is sucking the moisture out of everything. Also keeps the sunlight away, obviously.

narrowsparrow

Thanks, max. I am confused! I thought the whole point of vaping was to keep your herb dry. I figured I could store my new purchases in the CVault, but I was warned that doing so could grow mold on the weed.

narrowsparrow,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I think as long as you change the Boveda packages every few months. I have a couple Cvaults for 2 years and I have never noticed any mold. A person could keep their cannabis in a canning jar with a Boveda package, depending on how much cannabis you have. Keep it in a dark cupboard. I have been doing that too. That's how the dispensaries do it. Or what used to be the dispensaries here in WA state.

This is if you have cannabis that you buy to last a few + months. It will keep your cannabis well cured. If you want you meds more dried out just leave a couple buds out for a day.

Edit
We use wood heat in the winter. It does s major number on your cannabis, drying it out.

Last edited:

narrowsparrow

Just the opposite here in South Texas! We have our air conditioners on most of the year, and they dry the air out a lot, too. It's good to know that I can keep my new stuff in the CVault. I think the medium will hold a 1/2 ounce, which is what I usually get. Do I even need one of those Boveda things if I'm just using it for storage?

narrowsparrow,
Top Bottom