1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Crafty by Storz & Bickel

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Roger D, Oct 16, 2014.

1. karec

karec Member

• Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed. Warning point issued.
    Does anybody did a break down of the crafty? piece by piece and photo documented? i would like to understand how this unit works to see if i can repair it (not me im no tech electronic guy), S&B never offered me a repair service only a 30euros discount on a new unit... after the "BUY WARRANTY" ended.... should be a DEVICE WARRANTY instead because if they replaced a Faulty/damaged unit the warranty should be extended because its new!!!... but thats another story a lot people here dont understand the concept of a warranty.... if u buy a "thing" the warranty is for that thing and not for the buy so new thing (its new!!!!) new warranty... not giving them money every 2 years just because german law sucks.... example: got a new replaced unit, their warranty 1 month to end, then after 1 month unit dont work... so u got a new unit with 1 month that dont work but your "BUY WARRANTY" says no repair or replacement...does make sense now?! the warranty BS from them?...already spent a lot of my time on this matter... but when it works i love my crafty....

So the break down with photos would be really great for people like me that have a device that dont work...and probably with an easy fixing could be working again...i got photo here from @Vambo1980, most of the time its not a 70 euros repair.. and if they repair your unit what kind of Repair warrant they give you? if you spend the money and if breaks after some hours of use how they will have our back?

Cheers

2. Astedra

Astedra Well-Known Member

My device didn't work, and out of warranty, I got a deal on a new one because they couldn't fix it for $179 US, that has 2 year warranty again.

justcametomind and karec like this.
  3. karec

karec Member

Off course u have another 2 years because it a new buy... so you can see what is important to them.... us giving them more money... every 2 years.... and did they gave you an explanation on why your unit was unfixable? for me these guys dont go the extra mile for us... only interested in money.... the problems on crafty and mighty are above average and thats why when these units get broken and they simply replace them...

4. qwarx

qwarx Member

Vaporizers Reviewed did a full tear down of the Crafty; you can watch it on youtube:
    Click to play YouTube Video

JCat and Jill NYC like this.
  5. karec

karec Member

cheers mate thx

6. Papapuff

Papapuff Member

The Crafty is quite the tool. I just got my 2nd on warranty. Expensive but when you are actually trying to vaporize there is no gimmick. You want convection and conduction for fast vaping the S&B have figured it out.

The battery has been the most difficult component, but I have had no problems with the warranty and I have recently received my 2nd from them.

For those that complain about the flavour. Terpines are the most flavourful element with bud. They are broken down quickly with heat so if ya loose flavour then you are getting high. You can complain about anything if ya try. Stop trying!

vapen00b likes this.
  7. Nicola

Nicola Member

Anyone?

I tried to use low temperature, but under 180 is no sense for me...great flavor but nearly no effect. So now i use the temperature set by S&B, 180 and 195

8. vapviking

vapviking Well-Known Member

I try to get and use 99% iso alcohol, soaking the cu (after removing from Crafty and separating the two halves) in a ziplock baggie which is placed in a bowl or glass of very warm water; 10 to 15 minutes, giving a little shake now and then. Rinse with water, let it dry. (Other alcohol or products may contain additives or perfumes)
    If you do use any cleaner (I use the same alcohol on a dampened paper towel) in the chamber, don't let any liquid drip down inside the Crafty. Hold it upside down...
    Cleaning while warm is easier/faster.
    Using dosing capsules can help keep the chamber clean a lot longer.

9. Nicola

Nicola Member

Thank you. I use the liquid pad but maybe is not the same

10. Astedra

Click to play YouTube Video

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted in here. Just wondering about the potency does ground up weed lose potency after a while?

11. KingslandingVape

KingslandingVape New Member

I just vaped one capsule filled few months ago and it is strong turbo! Lost nothing!

Astedra likes this.
  12. Poostuff

Poostuff Well-Known Member

I have a feeling it does but not enough to bother me.
    Thanks for posting the video that’s a nice kit for medical patients.
    Noticed they’re using .15 so I checked mine because I’ve just been filling them by sight & they’re .30.
    I tried .15 & found the vapor a little thin but I might start trying .20 - .25 if I can be bothered weighing.

13. iLoveVape25

iLoveVape25 Member

That's because it came out today. I check the website regulary, and I couldn't find it yesterday. Anyway, it's kinda moot, I don't like the system and prefer to do it by hand. Grind on a paper and bring in th caddy from the side and fill it up with the plastic thingy on the crafty.

The potency depends on your herb. I got mine a year ago and the potency dropped significantly even thought it's in a cool dry and air sealed packs and not grinded. so i think potency of grounded up herb will too in time.

I have a problem with the crafty with large crouds of people (8 friends and up). The battery can't keep up and adding a ANKER powerCore 13000 didn't help either as it either wouldn't charge or the charge can't keep up with the battery. IT's a pity that the crafty can't be used if battery drops below 20%. a pitty that there is no battery bypass and a pitty that the heat up time is that long.

any tips for using the crafty on large crouds ? I had my 30 caddies ready but the party ended too soon.

14. vapviking

vapviking Well-Known Member

Trade it in for a Mighty. Crafty will not charge while it is turned on, but Mighty will keep up, and even gain some charge while in use. The only risk would be overheating, which is also a little less common with Mighty.

MinnBobber likes this.
  15. karec

karec Member

The crafty will get broken if you don't let the unit cool down, in my opinion thats THE problem with this devices...

16. Slagzord

Slagzord Don't fuckle with shuckle

The Crafty is your lil buddy to take out and about with a battery pack. The Mighty is, well, mighty. They're complementary devices and work well together. Mighty for the heavy lifting and Crafty for stealthy adventures.

17. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v4.0a (unstable) Staff Member

I reviewed your posting history. Over the past six months, you have used every opportunity to repeat your complaint and discredit S&B. FC rules permit you to describe your complaint once, and then you are expected to keep it between you and the company until there is some change that justifies another post. Instead, you have been jumping into conversations just to attack S&B customer support. Since it seems unlikely that there will be any further developments in this case, please do not bring it up again. If you do, you will get another warning point. Please don't respond to this in a public post, send me a PM if you must. Thanks for your cooperation.

18. Nicola

Nicola Member

You can buy a mighty Volcano:D

19. Astedra

How do you fit .30 in the capsule, I had a hard time with .20.

Poostuff likes this.
  20. Poostuff

Poostuff Well-Known Member

I’m using the NewVape fine grinder with a few rotations but the weight would vary depending on moisture content & curing I think.
    With what I’m using at the moment .25 seems perfect.
    .30 gives some unwanted draw restriction but if I use anymore than that it just feels blocked.
    Looks like I can fit up to .33 in one & still get the lid on but can get pretty close to .25 by eye so i won’t need to weigh them.

supremedepoulet likes this.
  21. cheeseholidays

cheeseholidays Member

I guess it might be a bit early, but - has anyone put enough hours on the new version with the updated battery to get a sense for any potential reliability improvements?

My sense is that the bulk of warranty replacements stem from battery issues. Is that correct?

Jill NYC likes this.
  22. Nicola

Nicola Member

I've the new model, but only 10 hours of excercises, i think it's early to tell something

23. Arog95

Arog95 New Member

New to Vaping and having some problems with the Crafty that I just bought. I find that the first 2/3 draws are great - good flavor and vapor. However, after this, the taste turns burnt/popcorn like and nothing like weed at all. So I'm only getting 2/3 enjoyable draws a session, but i've read that people are getting something like 15-20 good draws until they start getting burnt flavor and not good vapor. Any help appreciated.

24. Little Bill

Little Bill Oldest stoner on FC

@Arog95 four questions for you.
    1. What temperature are you using for your draws?
    2. How many milligrams of weed per load?
    3. Are you using caps or a concentrate pad?
    4. Are you familiar with the strain you have?

25. Arog95

Arog95 New Member

Using the default temp. I'm filling the chamber (not sure how to work out how many milligrams). I'm using the caps, and I'm very familiar with the strain. I've also tried about 4 different strains in there and get pretty much the same result from all.

Little Bill likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors