1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Crafty by Storz & Bickel

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Roger D, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Mr Mellish

Mr Mellish Well-Known Member

I'm finding that I'm using the Crafty less and less over time. The battery life and taste are meh and the heat-up times are insanely long compared to every other vape I own. I just don't have the benefit of a lot of time these days.

2. Astedra

Astedra Well-Known Member

Not everybody likes vapes, I used the crafty with friends, and they say joints make them higher. They are saying they get higher with a .2 in a joint then a vape, I disagree, I'm trying to use .13 in the dosing capsules now. .2 in a joint is like all paper, you get a longer session from the vape.

JCat likes this.
  3. vapviking

vapviking Well-Known Member

Given that some of the 'high' from combustion is due to oxygen deprivation, my preference would still be vaping, thanks. And i'm glad I don't smoke paper anymore!
    Between the two methods, there's a qualitative difference in the experience of "being high"; I personally very much prefer the vape high, so Fuck Combustion.

4. Nicola

Nicola Member

wich vaporiser do you use?

5. Mr Mellish

Mr Mellish Well-Known Member

Grasshopper - SS and Ti
    Firewood 3 and Firewood 4
    Prima
    Ghost MV1
    Vapman
    Crafty

(they are not in order of taste). Firewood wins on taste (especially the 3).

JCat likes this.
  6. tbergman

tbergman New Member

JCat, alex24, ktmstick and 1 other person like this.
  7. UniqueCrafty

UniqueCrafty ☆☆☆☆

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2017
  8. Little Bill

Little Bill Oldest stoner on FC

I've been having a get reacquainted affair with my Crafty vaporizers lately. I was packing about .14 grams and having two sessions with one at base temp and second with boost temp. The flavor is so much better now that I'm packing .07 grams and using in one session with both base and boost temps. Base temp for my strain is set to 168c and boost to 185c. I use a concentrate pad on top the load as a spacer. It keeps the cooling unit much cleaner. I change out the pad (ISO bath and rinse) more often than I clean the CU.

I am very fond of my vaporizers, but monogamy is overrated IMHO. :lol:

9. lucasmercado2018

lucasmercado2018 New Member

hello a question on how to recharge the sony battery vtc6 :
    the recharge installed in the crafty with the crafty transformer
    or the recharge with a transformer for lithium batteries?

excuse the bad english

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  10. Modicum

Modicum Well-Known Member

Question : How much do the S&B capsules hold ?

11. Astedra

Today I have put in 4 capsules with .2 in them but it's a stretch putting that much in. I would say .15 you can comfortably put in.

12. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

Either. I think if you pull a full battery out of the Crafty, and put in a dead one, it gets a little confused, so charging on an external charger prior to install is beneficial.

That being said, I'm pretty sure it's not necessary and just installing in the Crafty and charging will eventually correct itself (I think there is even a process from S&B to reset the battery meter ... this might just be me remembering something that doesn't exist though :lol: ... wouldn't be the first time!)

13. lucasmercado2018

lucasmercado2018 New Member

¿then you recommend first charge the sony vtc6 battery with an external charger and then install it on the crafty?

¿later i can charge the sony battery vtc6 installed in the crafty with the crafty transformer or i have to take out the sony vtc6 battery and recharge it with the lithium battery charger?

sorry bad

English

14. JCat

I recommend charge it with external charger first, if you can, ultimately I doubt it will make a difference in the end. I only recommend this because the one time I installed an almost dead battery in a Crafty that did have a fully charged battery, it thought the almost dead battery was fully charged (I plugged it in to charge, it indicated it was fully charged, even though it wasn't). It's worth noting this only happened to me once and I thought it was very strange and it was when I was assembling/testing a bunch of different batteries/packs I had made. Putting in the external charger and charging it up the first time then resolved the issue and no more problems after that (or with any other packs I have ever tried)

After that, always charge just with built in charger. (You don't ever need to take it out again unless it is time to replace it after a year or few)

Jill NYC and Stu like this.
  15. iLoveVape25

iLoveVape25 Member

I have a crafty and I won't go back my friends.
    The disposable crafty capsules are amazing. Just pop one in and throw it out on the go, pop in the next.
    the capsule holder is great. I have 4 of these babies loaded each month and i don't vape any other way. Keeps the oven clean.

Do you guys know of a case i can put my crafty and 4 caddies inside ? Slim, smell proof, resistant.

best

JCat likes this.
  16. vapviking

vapviking Well-Known Member

Lots of folks use the capsules over and over again. They become easier to open/close with use and clean up very easily in an alcohol bath.

17. iLoveVape25

iLoveVape25 Member

Thank you for this suggestion. I am looking for a slim, hard case, that fits the crafty and 4 caddies that hold the capsules. Do you think this one will do ?

The hole point of it all is easy dispose easy change when you are on the go. They are hot when you are done and putting them back in your pocket is messy. Just toss them out, that's what they are made for.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2017
    JCat likes this.
  18. Nicola

Nicola Member

Hi again, i've do some proof, and buied a da vinci iq also, and i changed my mind about crafty. I still complain a little about tha taste after 3 or 4 hits, so i wanno know which temperature do you use? And another question, to clean the crafty, is rubbing alchool 90° good?

19. JCat

They also cool off super quick though ... if you go through 8-16 capsules a day, that isn't very economical :lol:

I dump them either onto concrete or something (side walk, whatever, then pick up after I've put the crafty back in the case, it's cool by then). Alternately, I dump into the bag I have that I carry the crafty in, then blow on it a few times to cool, and within 10 seconds or less it's cool enough to handle (open, blow out, place back in caddy with lid on bottom as opposed to top so it doesn't seal the capsule)

vapviking likes this.
  20. Little Bill

Little Bill Oldest stoner on FC

My base temperature is 168c and boost is 185c. I get vapor and taste through the last draw. I load .07 gram using a rounded spoon labeled "Dash". 5-6 draws at base temp and 4-5 draws at boost. Using a concentrate pad instead of capsule and it keeps the CU clean a long time. I change / clean the pad more often than I clean the unit. I wait at least 3 hours before another session.

justcametomind, vapen00b and Astedra like this.
  21. Astedra

That's amazing that you can go 3 hours with a .07
    I have the capsules, and it was sure hard to make it to 2 hours with a .1

22. iLoveVape25

iLoveVape25 Member

8 to 16 a day !!!! WOW !!!
    For me it's like 8 a month

justcametomind likes this.
  23. justcametomind

justcametomind IT'S TIME!

Me too showing less and less love to the Crafty.
    That's because I use the Grasshopper all the times now.
    Taste is "meher"(lol) on the GH, but it's so convenient to get vapor in a few seconds.
    I recently used Crafty and Mighty again and actually, coming from the GH, flavor was really good.
    I think that the Crafty really shines at low temps and should be loaded only with flower. Messing with hi temps and/or concentrates leads to a dirty oven and CU and consequently worse flavor or a plastic-y smell if constantly used over 195°c (other than ruining its battery life and heating time).
    S&B should come out with some vapor on demand vaporizer. I ike to take a big rip or 2 and I'm done.

Pimpslapper likes this.
  24. Nicola

Nicola Member

I'll try yours temperature. I use it now at 185 standard and 195 boost, and after 3/4 hits taste slowly go bad. I think that davinci iq has a better flavor, but very poor vapor.

And what about the cleaning? Iso? Rubbing alchool? LaPilu?

25. Pimpslapper

Pimpslapper Well-Known Member

I have been using the ff2 more often for the same reason
    I get three huge pulls from the ff2 have it packed away and am on my way before the crafty is even half way heated up.
    Crafty rocks for groups but the ff2 and presumably gh kill it for quick hits.
    I knew this going in and love my crafty and the capsule system but dammit that heat up time is fucking 1999.

JCat and justcametomind like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors