1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Crafty by Storz & Bickel

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Roger D, Oct 16, 2014.

1. lumholtz

lumholtz New Member

My recent replacement unit is running 2.52. That's the most recent firmware I'm aware of.

cgod likes this.
  2. Razshiro

Razshiro Well-Known Member

Like @justcametomind said this firmware is 2 years old+, i have this firmware with my 2nd Crafty in 2015...

justcametomind and cgod like this.
  3. Papapuff

Papapuff Member

On my 2nd crafty.... the battery is at full charge and when I turn the power on the unit starts to heat but then shuts down and flashes blue/red as though the battery is too hot. I can do this repeatedly as long as it cools in between. What can I do replace the heater? Battery? Is the thermostat dead? I love my crafty and use the t daily. Please help

4. ktmstick

ktmstick Well-Known Member

I think there is a temp sensor on the battery, that may be your issue. Does the app tell you it's a battery overheat issue.

5. cgod

cgod Active Member

What temp is recommended for best consistant flavor on the crafty

6. vapviking

vapviking Well-Known Member

That's going to depend on several factors, including your taste buds...no pun intended...

7. cgod

cgod Active Member

Guys the bottom of my filling aid doesnt open for some reason?? Trying my hardest it wont budge!

8. skyvaper

skyvaper Well-Known Member

Maybe a soak in hot water would get it loose enough to open.

9. cgod

cgod Active Member

Im watchin youtube videos and it just opens, this isnt budging,no give at all

10. skyvaper

skyvaper Well-Known Member

As it should. Reach out to s&b if it just won't budge. I'm sure they will replace it if it's brand new.

11. cgod

cgod Active Member

I will do

12. DJ Colonel Corn

DJ Colonel Corn Well-Known Member

Hey Crafty people !
    I'm not normally on this thread but HAD to share this link with you!

Click here to read about hacking your Crafty thru bluetooth.

Cheers !

13. lumholtz

lumholtz New Member

Not much of a hack if all it does is break the unit. I'd be interested if someone could work out how to update the firmware from one unit to another.

... or reset the dates of use for warranty purposes hehe

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2017
    HighMtnSkier and DJ Colonel Corn like this.
  14. Crafty Vaper

Crafty Vaper Ain't easy being green

Hi fellas! My Crafty works 321 hours with original battery now. I still get 3 short 8 minute sessions out of one charge. I prefer to do two 15 minute sessions and then charge.

I have got a question to all of you who have changed the battery in your crafty:

Can you send me a little information how to do it and which battery will be perfect? I don't want an exchangeable battery. The crafty works great how it is built , I only want to renew the battery. Thanks for your awnser , I appreciate it!

15. cgod

cgod Active Member

Hi guys, just wanted to ask which screen is best for the Crafty as theres a lot of different textured screens that come with it

16. vapviking

vapviking Well-Known Member

A lot of screens?
    Aren't there only two, fine ("normal") and coarse? Fine for bottom of chamber and coarse for cooling unit. I have switched to only the fine screens, for both uses.

justcametomind likes this.
  17. m0sh

m0sh Singer Song Writer Stoner

Hey guys, so I got the Crafty for 2 weeks now and I also have an old Arizer glass whip "head" - so I have the small metal basket people started using.

So...just fill it green and put it in the crafty chamber?

18. justcametomind

justcametomind IT'S TIME!

You can't go wrong. After some time of use my only concern is throwing the capsule in from a cold start or putting the capsule when the goal temperature has already been reached. If I am after saving cannabinoids I do the latter. Does the empty chamber during heating time harm the vaporizer?

19. Little Bill

Little Bill Oldest stoner on FC

Yes there are only two. I use coarse screens only and vape 1/2 bowl with the liquid pad over the leaf. I usually divide the 1/2 bowl (approx. .14 gram) into two sessions. No capsules for me.

20. Jon4Fun

Jon4Fun New Member

Hi,
    Sorry to bother you but i was wondering if you had any luck in sourcing an alternative/compatible (normal/coarse) screen for your vape.

I'm doing the same, I have a Mighty. I found a replacement screen (slightly tighter mesh) for the mouthpiece/cooling-unit on eBay and they fit great...

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/15mm-Tobacco...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

What I am still looking for is an alternative/compatible FINE 15mm screen for the Filling Chamber.

I saw the links you provided but the size (20mm & 16mm) are the wrong size and my Mighty is very picky about the EXACT sizes.

Have YOU had any luck in sourcing 15mm FINE screens from a 3rd party (i.e. cheaper)?

Regards,
    Jon

21. ktmstick

ktmstick Well-Known Member

I will only ever use s&b screens. I bought multiple off ebay and they all end up giving me a sore throat so back to genuine ones and my problem goes away. Not willing to risk my health with unknown Chinese crap just to save a few £/$.

lumholtz and Crafty Vaper like this.
  22. Jon4Fun

Jon4Fun New Member

I hear & UNDERSTAND.. I do not want lose/frayed wires in my throat etc.
    That is why I changed the mesh size on the cooling unit to a tighter mesh.
    NB: I am NOT using cheap Chinese rip-offs. Everything is a cheap Chinese (made) product.
    Do you think your wire screen is made in the UK or USA??

Honestly, I got a good product (from the UK, for what that is worth) and it is better than original.

Thanks for your concern. I do appreciate it!!!!

Still need a NON-brand name compatible FINE Filter Screen.

23. cgod

cgod Active Member

Hi guys i have the latest firmware Crafty which has the 20% extra battery sticker on it, just a question, i read everywhere it takes two hours from a dead battery to charge to a full battery, but mine is taking 2 hourd and 40 mins, do you think the extra 40 minites are the added 20% battery or is this unusual?

lumholtz likes this.
  24. lumholtz

lumholtz New Member

No. The bigger the battery capacity, the longer it will take to charge.

What firmware version is it running?

KidFated. likes this.
  25. cgod

cgod Active Member

V02.53

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors