The Cloud HydraTube Stands by Dead Foot Designs

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Hey everyone! I just got back from vacation and wanted to let everyone know. I have one stand I need to make from last week (Hydraline Station) and 4 new orders while I was away. These will all be made this week and sent out Saturday.

I also want to thank everyone who emailed me about the last bunch we sent out. We really appreciate the kind words, as we want everyone to enjoy their stands!!

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Just wanted to let everyone know that the website is going to be down for a day or 2. Google killed me last week because I wasn't running the latest WP. I have to manually add the new PW and then port everything over...

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I now have the site back up, but you still can't order from it yet. I took a huge hit from Google. We used to be page 2, now we are page 7, behind a bunch of YouTube videos. I think the upgrade should help, but it takes a long time to get back on top with Google. I know, it's what I do for a living.

So, in my quest to perform as much legal SEO as I can, I'd like to ask for likes to our FB page, Twitter follows, and links (if anyone runs a relevant website). I'd really like to get back up in the rankings with my new re-designed and Google-legal storefront!

Please like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dead-Foot-Designs/217082465074565
Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DeadFootDesigns
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/deadfootdesigns/

And contact us if you would like a link exchange!

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
UPDATE: I have the store back up and running. I'll be adding more products, but the basics are there if you want to order. Hopefully Google will be happy now. While I was at it, I updated the look a bit. I hope everyone likes it. Speaking of likes, thanks to those of you who liked us on FB, I really appreciate it.

Anyone still waiting for stands, they are in the mail. Next week I should have a cool announcement about an upgrade to our products!

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Here are some photos from the latest batch sent out:
img4454go.jpg

img4453k.jpg

img4452te.jpg

img4451fr.jpg

Tstat,

stoneloc

Came to post a pic of my new Pax charging station base, and then found out Tstat did it for me. It's the rectangular one up top, I recognize the grain imperfections :D

Oh, what the heck, I'll post it anyway:

Q68om.jpg

Good stuff. Think if I had it to do over again, I'd probably get it in black (I didn't have my Pax in hand yet when I ordered to eyeball the color combo) but the wood grain is attractive too. A little maneuvering got the charger wedged in a bit so that it doesn't lift out of the base when I pull the Pax off, so that part works really well for me.

I think if I were going to make any suggestions, it would be to felt-line the wall of the oval as well as the floor. I know it'd make tolerances a little bit hairier, and that wood's unlikely to scratch the anodization on the aluminum, but it'd be that last little bit of prevention.

Very nice work, thanks for the great job!

stoneloc,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Thanks so much and I am so glad you like it! And yea, the trick with these is to make them so the charger fits snug.

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
So, since I created the new store, we haven't gotten any orders. Can someone please go through the process of adding something to the cart and then going into PayPal for me? I want to make sure the price is correct. You will be able to tell before you have to purchase, so just shut the window before that. I'm concerned with shipping prices, mostly.

PayPal won't let me log in since I am the seller!

Tstat,

stoneloc

So, since I created the new store, we haven't gotten any orders. Can someone please go through the process of adding something to the cart and then going into PayPal for me? I want to make sure the price is correct. You will be able to tell before you have to purchase, so just shut the window before that. I'm concerned with shipping prices, mostly.

PayPal won't let me log in since I am the seller!

You seem to have a couple of issues. Here's one:

kFO3v.png

That's the sidebar after adding a Pax Base Station. The shipping seems a little off. I could see wandering away on that one.

I clicked past that (Checkout) and end up at http://www.deadfootdesigns.com/products-page/checkout/ . I notice it has me in Afghanistan so I correct to USA/CA, and get a more reasonable $5.

Second issue is that the Checkout button on that page doesn't take me to PayPal. I see it load something, but I stay on the same checkout page.

stoneloc,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Thanks, ma.n. I figured there were issues and it's frustrating not being able to test it. I'll do more work on it today...

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
OK, we are no longer charging $500 for shipping! I have it set up now so you can purchase through PayPal with a "Buy It Now" link. The only difference is you don't add anything to the shopping cart and you can only buy one at a time. But it is secure and working fine. I am trying to work with payPal to correct the shopping cart issue.

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Hey everyone, happy Sunday! So... check these out. I should have a prototype later today :)
img4458z.jpg

Tstat,
Reactions: Seek

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
OK, so here is what's happening... We now have the ability to produce HydraStands and HydraStations with Glass-On-Glass hydratube holders! These are just like the male GonG joints on the Cloud itself. Yesterday we experimented with cutting the glass and adhering it to the wood. Below are 2 samples. Let me know what you think. I'll have them for sale on the website soon.

img4459vq.jpg

img4460xb.jpg

img4461a.jpg

img4462x.jpg

img4463h.jpg

img4464lq.jpg

Tstat,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
If I packed ELB still in Cloud I would at least tilt it so this won't happen.

Seek,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Well, that was after a HEAVY weekend of intense use, LOL! I'll clean it up nice when I get home, I meant to do it last night but with football and all... :)

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Not really worried about some 'crumbs" on my Cloud, but I REALLY hope my shipment of ELBs come today!
img4466u.jpg

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
To answer some questions... I think I am going to go through the site and make the GonG joint available on all Cloud models as an option. I am also NOT going to charge more for the GonG option. That means I'm dropping the prices on the old styles :) I should have this completed by the end of the day.

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
"If you have one of the older stands can it be retrofitted?"

PM me :)

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Over the weekend we got an order for a pretty elaborate set-up. It’s going to be a VapeXhale Cloud Station that has a hydratube GonG joint as well as a place for one of VapeXhale’s own glass stand!

Customer:

“Hello,
I’m not sure what things are possible here but here is my vision.

Black base, rounded, GONG style. I’d like to still be able to use my VXH while it’s on the stand. Is it fairly secure to do so? Or can we stabilize the VXH a little somehow. Are rubber feet on the bottom of your bases?
I have 2 tubes, one showerdome and one swagger showercap. The showercap has its own glass pedestal style stand. Can u put a recessed “coaster” like spot for the showercaps stand to fit in so both tubes can sit side by side on the station? (so only 1 GOnG fitting is needed) 2 pegs for ELB screens to fit over,yet still fit snug to the base….Unless there is a better method to keep them from tipping or rolling off. A groove or channel for pokers. A spot for a medium sized grinder. that’s all I can think right now. I’m sure we will communicate more.”

We love getting emails such as these! Here is my reply:

“Good morning! First of all, thanks for the order. Now, to answer some of your questions:

All of this is possible. I would go with the large oval stand, since you have a lot of things to fit into it.

I would put the VXH in the front. I would make the grooves deeper where the feet sit. This, along with a rounded cut-out for the bambo would make it pretty stable. And yes, it does have “bumper” style rubber feet on the bottom of the stand.

The recessed area for the glass hydrastand is also not a problem. Please just measure the base and give me the dimensions, I don’t have a stand from them yet, so I can’t use it as a guide.

For the ELBs, we actually create a hole on the base that is lined with silicone tubing. The ELBs fit snug, but not tight. This way you can store them on the stand with the cap on.

Please give me the dimensions of your grinder, again, not a problem.

Now, the poker slots… not sure what you mean by this, but again I can make whatever you need. Just give me dimensions of the hole(s).

Now, if you want, you can draw me out a sketch and I will do my best to duplicate your design. If not, I’ll just set it up the way it makes the most sense. “

This is how it usually starts for custom work. I’ll keep everyone updated along the way, and have photos of the final product!

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I am going to have this one built this weekend. We messed the first one up with a new hole cutter and had to start over. This HydraStation has even more features then originally laid out. It's going to be a beast!

Tstat,
Top Bottom