The Cloud HydraTube Stands by Dead Foot Designs

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Dead Foot Designs is something we have always wanted to do. We are medical marijuana patients with a passion for the arts, nature, and vaporizing. Our quest to end combustion as a means of medicating lead us to becoming vaporizer enthusiasts. As vape enthusiasts, we have found the “holy grail” of vaporizers – The Cloud.

Unfortunately, my son shattered his foot and ankle in a car accident right before Christmas of 2011. He found himself unable to work or attend college, and it will be a long time before he is fully able to walk again. Over the long months of rehabilitation, we wanted to get him involved in a worthwhile project – something to take his mind off of his pain and to keep him moving forward. We also received the Cloud soon after the accident, and decided to form Dead Foot Designs.

The Cloud is the brainchild of the VapeXhale team. Several years of intensive research and years of testing went into producing the Cloud. After many months of waiting, people lucky enough to have pre-ordered this machine now have their hands on it.

The reviews are in, and the Cloud is a game changer. It produces the thickest, tastiest vapor and it’s medicinal value is second to none. It has an all-glass airpath and retains its heat for perfect draws through the supplied “HydraTubes”. These HydraTubes became the seed for Dead Foot Designs.

After using the Cloud for a few weeks, our main focus was the lack of a stand for the HydraTube. The Hydratube is an extremely high quality glass delivery system. It is not meant to stand on it’s own, like a typical water tool. Once we acquired some raw materials, my son set out to make stands for the HydraTube that were affordable and good-looking.

Today we are selling HydraStands in all shapes and sizes. Some have multiple tube holders, some also hold the EZ Load Bowls, and we even have created a wonderful HydraStation! We can take custom orders and create stands in any color. We plan to offer exotic woods and custom painting and stenciling.

Each HyrdaStand is hand assembled and painted. We use a clear-coat to finish the stands and they are fitted with rubber feet to prevent slipping and damage to tables. The dowel that actually holds the stand is covered with a protective plastic sleeve that fits perfectly into the HydraTube joint.

Thank you for your interest in our HydraStands. We are very proud to offer these handmade stands. We are grateful to be creating stands for such a great product, and are using the proceeds to defer some of our huge hospital and rehabilitation bills. A special thanks to everyone who supported this project, the kind folks on fuckcombustion.com, and to StoneMonkey55 and the rest of the VapeXhale crew for their encouragement and support.

For questions, concerns, or to place a custom order please email staff@deadfootdesigns.com.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Good luck to you and your son with this endeavor, Tstat!

I hope you can make the custom stand that I PM'd you about.

:peace:

Stu,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
All the best with your new endeavour. If I ever get my hands on one of those elusive HydraTubes I'll come a knockin'

J.R.R.Tokin',

DannyVi

Good luck man will pm once my cloud emails comes in stand looks nice.

DannyVi,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I'm not even a cloud user (nor wannabe), but I noticed when you first posted these in the Cloud thread not to long ago. Very cool idea, all the best to you and your son. I hope he will recover completely eventually.

Just a thought, but if business is slow you might want to consider doing stem caddies for the various log type vaporizers. I think there is a market for those too.

OhTheAgony,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Thanks guys! This has only been up for a couple of days and not many people over at The Cloud thread know about these stands yet. I can't wait to get them in the tha hands of Cloud owners! I know everyone will love them and this will take off.

So, "stem caddies" is a cool idea. I don't own a log vape anymore, but maybe I could purchase some stems for the UD and the HI and work something out?

Tstat,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
HI stems are expensive, like 20 or 30 bucks each. Perhaps it's wiser to just ask someone for sizes?

The inner diameter of a UD stem is 3/8 of an inch, or 0,95mm. I believe it's the same for the HI. I have no experience with PD and Zap stems though, but I'm sure someone else can help out with those.

The outer diameter of the most used UD stem is 16mm. But UD stems are pretty cheap, you could just get one of those if you feel more comfortable working that way. Dave may even just send you a piece for free if you tell him your plans and ask him nicely ;)

OhTheAgony,
Reactions: Adobewan

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Thanks for that info, OTA. I really would want to have the stems in hand to make sure the fit is correct. I'm going to look around this weekend and see how I can buy some for the HI, the UD, and maybe the PD- even though they don't make them anymore. It seems UD and HI are the most popular right now. In fact, if I wasn't hurting for cash, I'd buy a Twig!

Also, per request, I added some more photos of the Natural Double HydraStand and the Gold Star model. DeadFootDesigns.com

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Thank you Weedemon! I cant wait for some people to buy these so the word spreads over on The Cloud thread!

Tstat,

arf777

No longer dogless
tstat- I've been trying to order but can't get past entering the state I live in - it wants a ZIP code but has no field for entering it.

arf777,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I plan to order one in the next couple days. Great idea and glad to support a fellow FC member :tup:

Gonzo,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I'm going to look at the shopping cart this morning. It was free, so I may have to work ou t bugs. I'll post here and IM you when I have a solution. Thanks for your support, everyone!

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, it looked like the shipping model was messed up or something. I am able to go through the entire process now. let me know if you are still having problem, arf.

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I had several people write and request more photos of the HydraStand, so I have uploaded a few nice shots. This HydraStand is my personal unit that I use everyday. I love that the Cloud can sit next to the hydratube all nice and secure. I am thinking of adding ELB holders to a new version, and another that holds two tubes and the heater. You can find more photos here: http://deadfootdesigns.com/?p=145
station1.jpg

station_empty.jpg

station_upclose.jpg

http://deadfootdesigns.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/station_upclose.jpg

Tstat,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Does the bottom glass of the Cloud rest on the wood. Or is it slightly elevated?

Gonzo,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Thanks Weedemon! Yea, it's also my favorite that I use everyday.
Gonzo, the glass does not rest on the wood, it sits slightly above it :)

Thanks for the interest, guys!

Tstat,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Just placed an order for a gold oval single stand. Can't wait!

Gonzo,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Awesome, I sent you an email. Will have this out to you in the next few days :)

Thank you!

Tstat,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Can't wait. Is it possible to get that shape as natural instead of the gold? I didn't see the option so thats why I chose the gold one. Thanks again.

Gonzo,
Top Bottom