The Cloud EVO Anticipation Thread

Caligula

Maximus
Double top came in handy when I blew my single and had to send it to W9 for warranty replacement. Just saying.

Do you have any 2.4 carts by any chance?

Caligula,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Double top came in handy when I blew my single and had to send it to W9 for warranty replacement. Just saying.

Do you have any 2.4 carts by any chance?
Thanks for the advice...

Only have what is in the picture though. Sorry no 2.4s

Mynameismud,
Reactions: Caligula

b0

Cloudy...
Subscribed! Now is when the wait starts and you all make me jealous :bang:

b0,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Same!!! Everytime I see this thread bumped in my watched list I'll think "s0me0ne g0t an0ther 0ne!!"
My brother once had the CTRL key on his laptop stop functioning. There is a program (probably several) that will allow you to re-map one, some, or all of the keys on your keyboard to alternate keys...There's got to be something that you use less than o hahahahah but anyhow, google free key (re) mapping software for windows (or whatever OS you're on) and you should be set!

And I can hardly wait for my EVO!!!

Last edited:

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Hey, where is my EVO? I want a discount! Just kidding, of course :)

When my original ticker died a few months ago, it seems I bought a bunch of smaller oil rigs. They can work great with the Cloud, but I wanted something with an 18mm female joint since all I had left was my Mobius in that configuration.

So I picked this up on BM. Supposedly it's made by Sovereignty guys or something.
1380666_466523010130508_1497909264_n.jpg

It's thick as fuck, perfect joints, and hits amazingly well. Perc looks nice and fires perfectly:

1394128_466523020130507_1861878194_n.jpg

1394361_466522963463846_1844495850_n.jpg

So, this is my new EVO piece. I'm not sure if their is enough clearance, but it's going to be a great Cloud hitter. I paid a fraction of what a Sov would have been and I don't have to have the ugly mirrored label!

Where the fuck is my EVO?!?!

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
I'm looking forward to the white one:

My understanding is that there won't be a white model because of heat discoloration issues.

Those who chose white were given the option of refund or black. I had chosen white, but went for the black rather than the refund.

But with all the proliferation of EVO threads I might have missed something.....

My understanding is that there won't be a white model because of heat discoloration issues.

Those who chose white were given the option of refund or black. I had chosen white, but went for the black rather than the refund.

But with all the proliferation of EVO threads I might have missed something.....
The only thing you missed was that his post was made before the discoloration issue was known. :doh:
But everything you said is correct. It is truly unfortunate that white was not possible. I know many were excited for that particular "color." In the end, though, I think everyone agrees that the integrity of the enclosure is more important than the color: anyone notice the first unit wasn't green? Looks like those who wanted white might not be the only one's who were "out of luck" on a particular color. Not surprised that there isn't any griping about it, though, pretty sure this EVO is gonna rock everyone's socks off.

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Apparently, this has become the official Evo thread (unless your one of the very, very, very, few people who actually have an evo)! So as directed, I'll ask my questions here.

I would like to know more about the improvements done to the heater of the Evo. I looked on the Vxc website, vaporpedia, and searched fc with the search engine, to no avail.

How has the heater been improved exactly?

Was the Evo simply reprogrammed?
Did they put a faster processor in it?
Did they put in a higher wattage heater?

What's the difference between an old clicker cloud, and the cloud plus?

I know one clicks and the other doesn't. The cloud plus has a silver knob.

I think the cloud plus was supposed to heat up faster as well, how did they accomplish that?

I'm trying to get a handle on the evolution of the Evo!

notmyrealUSERname,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
...moved your post's text to below the quote so that my replies within are visible without expanding the large quote.
"Apparently, this has become the official Evo thread (unless your one of the very, very, very, few people who actually have an evo)! So as directed, I'll ask my questions here.

I would like to know more about the improvements done to the heater of the Evo. I looked on the Vxc website, vaporpedia, and searched fc with the search engine, to no avail.

It is a new heater...far better in several ways! Faster heatup, better longevity, MOAR POWER!

The Cloud EVO is a complete rebuild. From what I understand, it's all a bit different! Re-programmed, most certainly, but also so much more!

This I don't know about...

Yes, the Cloud+ was said to have a heater that drew around 27 watts, and up to 80 watts when initially heating. The Cloud EVO is said to have a 250 watt heater!

@vapordave posted a wonderful write up clarifying the differences between the previous models...I've added a bit as well!
"1st Cloud: aka "ticker" had something in the heat control that would make an audible click apparently as the heater was turned on and off automatically to regulate the temperature. VXH says the bamboo can not be replaced alone without damaging the heater and so both have to be replaced as one unit, increasing the cost of repair. These units ran hot to the touch just like the revision spoken of next, directly below.

2nd Cloud: no aka. This was the same as the 1st but made no clicking sound. Presumably the relay (or whatever was clicking) was replaced with something solid state. These ran pretty hot to the touch although some people don't have this high case heat issue.

3rd Cloud: aka The Cloud+ offered some refinements: the bamboo is now replaceable without having to replace the heater, the power cord was longer, the temp knob is chrome (instead of black) and it doesn't run as hot to the touch. I also think the heater was raised higher on the bamboo to allow the working temp to reached faster - the Cloud+ heats faster than the other two.

4th Cloud: The EVO. Plastic case (Dupon Zytel) instead of metal as in the previous Clouds. Detachable power cord. All other differences TBD.

That's all I know." - @vapordave

I think the cloud plus was supposed to heat up faster as well, how did they accomplish that?

Reprogramming of the heating algorithm IIRC, and possibly hardware changes, and or upgrades...Essentially though, most users say it still wasn't really ready all that much faster than the OG, if at all.

I'm trying to get a handle on the evolution of the Evo!" - @notmyrealUSERname
9oaG9u3.jpg

You're getting the picture now :brow: Edit* Pic courtesy of VXL Facebook page!

Last edited:

I'm trying to get a handle on the evolution of the Evo!

Searching for "heater" and restricted to member "stonemonkey55" brought this up for me:
Just an FYI, we upgraded our heater to a 250Watt monster in the CloudEVO.

And a search for "Cloud", "Cloud+", "EVO", and "difference" restricted to the VapeXhale Cloud thread brought up this for me:

1st Cloud: aka "ticker" had something in the heat control that would make an audible click apparently as the heater was turned on and off automatically to regulate the temperature. VXH says the bamboo can not be replaced alone without damaging the heater and so both have to be replaced as one unit, increasing the cost of repair.

2nd Cloud: no aka. This was the same as the 1st but made no clicking sound. Presumably the relay (or whatever was clicking) was replaced with something solid state. These ran pretty hot to the touch although some people don't have this high case heat issue.

3rd Cloud: aka The Cloud+ offered some refinements: the bamboo is now replaceable without having to replace the heater, the power cord was longer, the temp knob is chrome (instead of black) and it doesn't run as hot to the touch. I also think the heater was raised higher on the bamboo to allow the working temp to reached faster - the Cloud+ heats faster than the other two.

4th Cloud: The EVO. Plastic case (Dupon Zytel) instead of metal as in the previous Clouds. Detachable power cord. All other differences TBD.

That's all I know.

Hope that helps, @notmyrealUSERname !

EDIT: hehe @Purpl3_Haz3 . Beat me to it. We're a real Tweedle-Dee & Tweedle-Dum. Unfortunately, I'm Dum!

the Edge

As far as I can tell moodswing is the only one that has received an EVO. What did they do, ship out 1 unit??

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
^ thank you!

I spent too much time trying to find that out. Sometimes I think the fc search engine is more frustrating than helpful.

Edit
I think I need to learn how to search for things better, thanks for showing me the steps you used to get your search results @Fame Is A Vapor

Ill use those techniques in the future - I didn't restrict my search at all, I can see now how that would help!

^ it makes all the difference in the world, @notmyrealUSERname . One must know how to tame the beast! As a former researcher, I've come to appreciate the power of a nuanced search. But it always requires some extra grunt work, to know how to restrict/massage your search criteria.

As far as I can tell moodswing is the only one that has received an EVO. What did they do, ship out 1 unit??
What? You think they pulled a George Costanza on us?:

Guess you gotta be a Seinfeld nut. But basically the Costanza philosophy in that episode was
to go out on top with your first success, and leave them wanting more....to the point that it became ridiculous.
| ...EDIT: Ok. I wasn't trying to imply that you meant anything other than what you said,
| @the Edge . Just seized on the semantics to get a Seinfeld reference in there. We
| Seinfeld nuts think there's a Seinfeld moment for everything that happens in life. :tinfoil:
V

Last edited:

the Edge

Say what? ^

I understood the context, I guess I just assumed you meant something more... But no, thats not what I was implying.

Last edited:

paidndade

I was also wondering why we had only seen 1 unit. I don't know for sure but I was thinking either the Fanatics that have them are not on the website or maybe he/she was a contributor at the highest amount ($5,000 if I remember right).

Either way this thread is moving and the official one isn't :(:(

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I'm a little confused about this article lol. Not really confused I suppose, as we all know what separates the EVO from the OG/+...but still, you'd think VXL or HT would have been a little more accurate than this lol

HighTimes.com Article - New Vaporizer on the Block said:
evotree_large.jpg

New Vaporizer on the Block
BY BOBBY BLACK · TUE NOV 05, 2013
http://www.hightimes.com/read/new-vaporizer-block

Here at HIGH TIMES, we have a lot of companies send us their merchandise for review -- but rarely does someone drive over three hours to hand deliver a new product in person. But the folks at VapeXhale were so excited for us to check out their new Cloud EVO vaporizer that this week, that’s exactly what they did.

VapeXhale is no newcomer to the market -- their Cloud vaporizer won "Best Product" honors at both our 2012 Seattle Medical Cannabis Cup and our 2013 LA Medical Cup. So what makes the EVO model different? Apparently, it’s the patent-pending all-glass “HydraTube” delivery system with built-in aerators, which is available in four different styles (the one they brought us was the Swagger Tree option).

Rest assured, our staff will be conducting a thorough review of this product for the High Times Gear page of our March issue. In the meantime, if you simply can’t wait, you can pre-order the Cloud EVO here: http://www.vapexhale.com/collections/vapexhale-cloud-evo-pre-order
Click /\ "Click to expand..." /\ to read the article without leaving this page!

The part that gets me, is "So what makes the EVO model different? Apparently, it’s the patent-pending all-glass “HydraTube” delivery system with built-in aerators, which is available in four different styles (the one they brought us was the Swagger Tree option)."

:lol:

I'm sure they'll realize before too long what really makes the EVO model different :ko:

I'm a little confused about this article lol. Not really confused I suppose, as we all know what separates the EVO from the OG/+...but still, you'd think VXL or HT would have been a little more accurate than this lol

The part that gets me, is "So what makes the EVO model different? Apparently, it’s the patent-pending all-glass “HydraTube” delivery system with built-in aerators, which is available in four different styles (the one they brought us was the Swagger Tree option)."

:lol:

I'm sure they'll realize before too long what really makes the EVO model different :ko:

yeah, this HighTimes (p)review of the EVO [they clearly state they JUST got it and have yet to test/review it] leaves much to be desired. And those pictures appear to have been taken directly from the VXL site. I'm sure the reason for this is that VXL has only just recently finalized the EVO enclosure and has yet to create new photos of the final unit. As SM has stated, they're almost completely focused on manufacturing units right now in order to get them shipped out. I'm sure the official HighTimes review of the EVO, as well as the site, will have updated photos and information soon.

Fame Is A Vapor,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
yeah, this HighTimes (p)review of the EVO [they clearly state they JUST got it and have yet to test/review it] leaves much to be desired. And those pictures appear to have been taken directly from the VXL site. I'm sure the reason for this is that VXL has only just recently finalized the EVO enclosure and has yet to create new photos of the final unit. As SM has stated, they're almost completely focused on manufacturing units right now in order to get them shipped out. I'm sure the official HighTimes review of the EVO, as well as the site, will have updated photos and information soon.
I understand all of that. I was saying that I'm surprised that HTimes would say so little, that's false and so irrelevant. What makes the EVO different from the Cloud og/+....CERTAINLY not the hydratube lol, they are usable on both the new and old units, and completely swappable. They could have simply said, it get's hot quicker, and the cable is removable...two great selling points, that are actually part of the EVO and not an accessory that has come with the previous models from the git-go...

Not ragging on VXL at all, or even HT really...and I totally get why the pic is old, and why the article doesn't have much beef to it...just wondering why they would go out of their way to make an article, that essentially says nothing about the new unit, other than falsely stating that the Hydratube is the difference between the Cloud og/+ and the EVO. :shrug:

Either way, just stuff to over obsess about in the mean time lol. Glad to see there is a place for this kind of bs talk rather than in the official thread! :nod:

And as much as the article says that they JUST got it, this pic makes it seem like they got it on November 1st. But, regardless, even without the unit in hand they should have known more than enough to write a decent preview, saying something about the actual evo lol. http://instagram.com/p/gMD5ikFSw-/

Purpl3_Haz3,
Reactions: fluffhead

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
So according to HT the only thing that's different about the new Evo is the it comes with a bong (aka hydra tube)? Didn't the last version of the cloud already include a hydra tube?

I kinda expected that he Vxc crew would put more effort into their new vaporizer, than just adding a slim bong!

Oh wait they did! I hope this gets corrected before too much damage is done!

notmyrealUSERname,
Reactions: fluffhead
Top Bottom