• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Claisen-less Thread

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Well this thread is definitely inspired by the Claisen thread :lol:

So I am in the market for some new glass, and I really do appreciate what a claisen can do to help mitigate blowback and improve the overall experience.

However, I clean a lot and appreciate simpler setups.... I was hopeful some of you might be able to cut through some of the menusha in the Glass threads and suggest your favorite pieces with MINIMAL blowback- IE show off your favorite pieces that do not require a claisen.

FlyingLow,

bagelbanger

What's a claisen for I'm really confused, I saw them but don't understand

Couple of reasons....

For the truly badass, it allows you to connect two vapes.

Also allows larger vapes such as an EVO to remain connected to the glass while using the remaining hole as a carb to clear the hit and prevent blowback from the load of herb. Kinda makes it easy for noobs too as they don't need to remove a vape to carb it, just unplug or uncover the hole on the Claisen.

Some use it to provide clearance to joints that may not allow vapes to connect. Like if the vape is too big to fit because the glass can is large this will move it over a bit to allow that clearance.

And some just make crazy fuckin' contraptions with their glass and this helps in the fun.

Hope that helps!

TboneToker

Couple of reasons....

For the truly badass, it allows you to connect two vapes.

Also allows larger vapes such as an EVO to remain connected to the glass while using the remaining hole as a carb to clear the hit and prevent blowback from the load of herb. Kinda makes it easy for noobs too as they don't need to remove a vape to carb it, just unplug or uncover the hole on the Claisen.

Some use it to provide clearance to joints that may not allow vapes to connect. Like if the vape is too big to fit because the glass can is large this will move it over a bit to allow that clearance.

And some just make crazy fuckin' contraptions with their glass and this helps in the fun.

Hope that helps!

Thanks so it's exactly what I figured :D you summed up everything I thought it might be for haha!! Very nice

TboneToker,

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
MH9V9Xa.jpg

No need for a claisen to plug multiple things into this tube.

subway13029

That Sheldon piece almost looks like the mp should be where the bowls is or maybe the nail?? That is an odd piece..

subway13029,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I'm thinking I need a claisen or could use one for double vaping and a carb. My herbie and mighty just might have some dp action with this new water pipe! Lol

I'd love to pick up a Pyrex claisen but they're expensive as hell. Looks like I'll be ordering a nice one from a Canadian lab glass supplier.

The modular nature of glass has me itching to expand my collection before I even have it started.

Winegums,

skaav

How does this behemoth work?
Specifically, how is that lower tree perc fed smoke? Does it come from the cone piece up top? And if so, how does the top tree perc work??
:hmm:

Top tree perc is the downstem, in between the trees there is another stem connecting to the lower tree perc. This thing is gonna have some heavy draw resistance and should be a bitch to clean.

MoltenTiger

Top tree perc is the downstem, in between the trees there is another stem connecting to the lower tree perc. This thing is gonna have some heavy draw resistance and should be a bitch to clean.
so there's a central post that fits between the tree-stems and snorkels above the water, to feed the lower section...

That is wild

MoltenTiger,
Top Bottom