• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Chinese SJK Induction Heater and The VapCap

I believe that is just a more expensive version of the same thing. It says 'infrared' but I don't believe there's anything infrared about it. Induction is maybe what they meant to say.

Not sure what that blue thing is on the front. Just decoration or, maybe that's some kind of infrared detector instead of the proximity sensor used on the SJK.

Hackerman,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

mcgoo99

hi all, long time lurker here, first time poster. i picked up the "latest" unit, the JT-29B off Amazon for $90 because i'm impatient lol. i performed a (very) quick test this morning and wanted to post initial results. i'll definitely be "testing" more in the future.

Has anyone heard-of / are-using the $65 Aphrodite JT-29 ? It's similar to the SJK but looks like it has an external sensor in front of the opening instead of built-in on the SJK. Here's the link:

https://www.edutxwstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=346291

i initially tried ordering off this website, and there were a few red flags. first, the website says they accept only VISA, but the order form itself says it only accepts MC (with a 10% discount!). it's a moot point because neither card as accepted when attempting to order. i emailed their support asking for help, and in a broken english response they said their volume was way up, something about possible international transactions, and that instead that i could pay via Western Union/Money Gram, and they would offer a 20% discount for the inconvenience. i decided it wasn't worth the risk, hence the Amazon purchase instead.

I believe that is just a more expensive version of the same thing. It says 'infrared' but I don't believe there's anything infrared about it. Induction is maybe what they meant to say.

Not sure what that blue thing is on the front. Just decoration or, maybe that's some kind of infrared detector instead of the proximity sensor used on the SJK.

correct, the blue housing holds four small IR transmitters (two on each side), at least that's what they look like. a couple more notes:

the unit came with a 110V sticker, and a three-prong US plug, however the plug to the device is still only two prong, so there's no actual ground connection to/within the device, just H and N. from the documentation, there's also a JT-29A model, for 220V support. both 110 and 220 models are 100W according to the documentation, both with a 2A fuse (not verified, i haven't cracked open the device yet).

also came with a small phillips screwdriver to turn a small dial on the side of the device, i presume to externally adjust the sensitivity of the sensors. also came with an extra insert for the chamber.

i needed to turn that screw all the way counter-clockwise, and insert my 2018 M at an angle of 45 degrees to "make" the sensor, while the bowl was fully inside the chamber. the steady green light changes to alternating red/green when inducing heat, and there's slight clicking from the device while doing so. but the device heated up the M for several cycles without self-shutting off during any of the ramp up, so there wasn't any need to remove/insert the M at all.

i've got a variety of dynavaps with which to test, so i'll be experimenting more and posting results here for anyone interested. so far, i like it!

Mono Loco

Hi, all.
Just a little positive sharing. I recently ordered (3) of these basic heaters from eBay seller "dr.baistra" in China. I gave this seller a try because of their rating of "99.8% positive" for 10,844 transactions ... that's pretty damn good!

Before I placed the order, I used the eBay "contact the seller" tab to inquire if I would be assured of getting the USA 110v version with the proper 2-prong plug. They replied within a couple of days that they would certainly send the US version and that they had them in stock.

The three units arrived in A-OK condition - well packed (albeit minimally) and ready to go!
They arrived eleven days after the order was placed for a delivered cost of @ $44.66. It was just $41.99 each before the 6.35% Connecticut sales tax was added! What's not to like????

Full disclosure: I didn't actually test them with a DynaVap, because, officially (uhm ...) I don't smoke ... or vape the beloved illegal herb. HOWEVER, I did test them with a steel rod that I use to burn holes in wood when making flutes. THAT's why I bought them, of course ... they are flute-making tools. ;-) That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I had purchased a single unit from another seller earlier in the year (or was it last year?) and received the European variant, 220v with funky plug. That seller then sent me a replacement that was (and still is) just fine but it took quite a while to finally get here as it was during their New Year's Vacation time ... so be it.

ANYWAY, a big thumbs UP for eBay seller dr.baista. I now have a couple of spare units for when the "On Duty" one fails and sits on a shelf waiting to be repaired - LOL.
cheers.

Last edited:

el sargantano

I did test them with a steel rod that I use to burn holes in wood when making flutes. THAT's why I bought them, of course ... they are flute-making tools. ;-) That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Flutes are my only reason also, that's why we all are here, isn't it?
I can already see the banner of the punkrock band the Hamelin Gang
Ha ha ha

I'm about to pull the trigger on an induction heater.
Just awaiting for income and more reviews.
This is a nice thread.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
It should fit with room to spare, not many IH can do that,
img_20180827_185943-jpg.7001

I already have the means to run doubles (or more).
img_20181018_155441-jpg.5381

Easier still for doubles, replace the cap with a WoodScents for heating,
img_20181010_184448-jpg.5260

Last edited:

slick

@Hackerman thanks for starting the thread. I've been looking to try a vapcap for a while now. But I'm not a fan of having to fiddle around with a lighter. So an induction heater was a must for me. But I didn't want to spend $100+. I was initially put off by several people speaking negatively about these cheap induction heaters. But the skj and a DDave vapcap/wand is a good intro setup.

For those jumping into this thread I'll tldr it: it works. This one from Amazon also has an American 2 prong cord already installed. Skimming the thread it seems like some have a Chinese 2 prong with an adapter included.

This is my first time using a vapcap. I was so scared to combust I only heated it to the first click. The vapor was so thick I thought I had combusted anyway.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
@Hackerman thanks for starting the thread. I've been looking to try a vapcap for a while now. But I'm not a fan of having to fiddle around with a lighter. So an induction heater was a must for me. But I didn't want to spend $100+. I was initially put off by several people speaking negatively about these cheap induction heaters. But the skj and a DDave vapcap/wand is a good intro setup.

For those jumping into this thread I'll tldr it: it works. This one from Amazon also has an American 2 prong cord already installed. Skimming the thread it seems like some have a Chinese 2 prong with an adapter included.

This is my first time using a vapcap. I was so scared to combust I only heated it to the first click. The vapor was so thick I thought I had combusted anyway.

You must have had hair trigger reflexes to pull the Vapcap out after one click. Usually on mine the second follows so quickly that even if I’m trying to stop at the first I’m actually only stopping after the second.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Thanks @Hackerman for posting those again. Very helpful! Am I right in assuming they are using a sensing coil to activate the main heating coil? I expected a much heavier wire gauge and fewer turns for the heating coil. Maybe I should just read the this thread more closely :p

Yep. 2 coils. One is the proximity sensor and the other is the coil. I believe it was @stardustsailor who said the thin wire coil was cheaper to fabricate than the thick that most are using. However, he said, overall the unit was well built. He seemed very knowledgeable of the inside components. If you read through the thread, read his posts, for sure.

Ilikechicken3

Anyone know where I can get the hands-free mod other than DDave? Placed an order w/ him yesterday, but just saw the announcement about suspending business activities, and I anticipate an order cancellation soon. Fortunately, in this case, my SJK is on the slow boat from overseas so I've got plenty of time

Top Bottom