• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Chinese SJK Induction Heater and The VapCap

djboby

Links to your replacement parts and pictures of them being changed out would be nice.:tup:

I bought the transistors (SPP11N80C3) from a local store but can also be found on ebay or on other sites. I also replaced the C2-22nF capacitor. Unfortunately I did not find it at 2000V so I put one at 1600V. It was necessary to replace the diodes D1-D4 with a rectifier bridge because two of the diodes were burned. Now everything is okay and the heater works perfectly. I am trying to replace the microcontroller because the original is incorrectly programmed.

2e4b7np.jpg

34xnzvn.jpg

12190m0.jpg

westchop

djboby, thanks for all the information and the pictures. :) That's really helpful.

I am trying to replace the microcontroller because the original is incorrectly programmed.

This, however, is a bit discouraging.

I'm experimenting today with the M18 with Ti MP and Ti tip ("the M18Ti") vs the Ddave water wand, using the insert and without the insert. So far, using the insert with the M18Ti and taking it out and reinserting it after 4 clicks, I haven't had any flashing. That's better but I have to do this twice to get the click which kind of defeats the purpose of the insert for me.

I'll report back after I've gathered some more data. ;)

Last edited:

djboby

What language is the code for the microcontroller? I would love to see it.
It would be nice to find out but I have not found any information about it. The microcontroller is a Chinese one, unidentified but I will replace it with an Attiny84 because I do not have to make any changes on the wiring. I just have to turn the pins on the opposite side to fit in the socket. I realized it was not well programmed using a logic analyzer on all the pins used. At programming, the latency of the relays was not taken into account, and thus the proximity sensor circuit could be damaged by inducing a high current taken from the coil used for induction. The operating principle is as follows: The circuit has two coils on the same axis. One for induction and the other for the proximity sensor. A relay controls the oscillator that produces the induction while the second commands the proximity sensor coil connecting it to the circuit. The microcontroller controls the oscillator start and induction coil as the proximity sensor coil is off (for 3s). After that, the oscillator is turned off and the proximity sensor coil is connected to the circuit (for 0.2s)

djboby

Great. I will check and see if I have any ATTiny in my stash. It would be nice to change timing cycles.
I chose to use attiny84 because it has power on pins 1 and 14 and can program very easily with arduino ide.

Great. I will check and see if I have any ATTiny in my stash. It would be nice to change timing cycles.
That's what ATTINY84 looks like with the pins bent on the other side. Mounting in the socket is done with the key on the opposite side.
1zvy3as.jpg

In fact, the original microcontroller is mounted back in the socket with the key opposite. If you carefully look at the pictures below, you can see the drawing on the wiring and the socket that is mounted correctly and the microcontroller is opposite to it. This is probably why there is no information about the microcontroller because it is one specially designed to correct the wiring design error. Or maybe it was wanted to protect the concept. Who knows?!
11aiwpj.jpg

2cztvus.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

rouxdy

It certainly looks like a professional unit... I needed a less clinical look since it's going to be sitting by my desk and since my desk, my computer, my printer, etc are all black, I spray painted it black.

2uiahc1.jpg

I love this thing. I disconnected the fan, and I set it up on a wifi plug. I can turn it off from anywhere and I can voice control it while home. Hell yeah!

Last edited:

beezee420

It certainly looks like a professional unit... I needed a less clinical look since it's going to be sitting by my desk and since my desk, my computer, my printer, etc are all black, I spray painted it black.

2uiahc1.jpg

I love this thing. I disconnected the fan, and I set it up on a wifi plug. I can turn it off from anywhere and I can voice control it while home. Hell yeah!
nice look! how's it going so far?

rouxdy

I still love this thing! I'm not a big fan of heating with the lighter... Old hands and all that makes the consistency of heating with a lighter pretty happenstance. This just works. I typically go a second or so past the click and I get great consistent results.

I hope these guys are truly working on their own IH. I'd really like a portable for the house.

Choices

Is it possible to use this with a NimbinVap? I received a NimbinVap which is all metal so I am wondering if it will function like it does for the vapcap perhaps?

Choices

That is one tricky-ass Vape you got there :tup:

I wasn’t planning to own one. It came as a “free gift” with another purchase. Unfortunately it isn’t this exact model but an older version that has no wood inlays on the exterior. So would this “work”? More importantly will it not explode if placed inside the SJK? LOL

Choices,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
If yours is all metal it would all heat up and probably burn you, it does look like crap, would be slightly better on a j-hook rather than silicon hose chamfered by a pencil sharpener? Christmas is coming, give it away as a secret Santa peessie:tup:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Whisper

Choices

So I think I will order an SJK and put this in it with some heat protection for my hand somehow. The SJK does have a sensor to detect the object right? Who knows maybe it will be like a “SessionVap” at best, and a Christmas Tree ornament otherwise.

djboby

Wright, only metal is detected. Ok maybe It will work but the metal can Be very hot so quickly when You use sjk. Be aware.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
It might even fit an18mm j-hook, good excuse to get a Vapcap if you do not already have one.:tup:
Your signature says you don't, get an M while they are on sale, that and the SJK really are a great pair.:myday:

Hendex_420

sirs, i apologize, I have very been late to this finding... they have managed to use successfully, the dentist heater, performing the process without explosions, amazing, I only doubt the quality of many of these products and especially the durability they will, in any case, Do we believe that it is an efficient alternative to a conventional IH?

I have 3 of them and they work great. Whenever I started this thread was the date of the first one.

There are occasional problems with some. I replaced a relay in one of mine. Still, I hate the lighter game. I love induction. JMO

Hendex_420

Well, I've have been informing myself reporting to the matter and it's reasonable that it works, but what I'm asking is, do you think it's a low-priced alternative to the classic IH? taking into account the question must say if even, it is worth thinking about the disbursement of 40 or 50 $, taking into account the risk of breakage of the device and of course the materials of this.

Hendex_420,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I believe it is worth the smallish investment (less than the cost of a packet of cigarettes in Australia) as it makes the Vapcsp so much more consistent to use!

Mono Loco

Hi, all. New guy here - first post. We have a new Governor-Elect in Connecticut and I'm hoping he's gonna' come through with his promises to LEGALIZE once he takes office next year. I warned the wife many years ago, when I stopped smoking, that if it was ever legalized I would hop back aboard the train! I only used to smoke from small wooden or stone pipes - never owned a bong and only tried a friend's PAX once when I fell off the wagon (uh, happened here and there ... Shhhhh). I've been researching vaporizers and had narrowed it down to either the MFLB or the DynaVap M and the DV is my choice. I have one on order, and a friend is going to test it for me as I am, remember, not a smoker yet. ANYWAY, I had never heard about induction heaters before but have now been lusting over the beauties by Lucid Designs, FluxerHeaters, MagHeater, and Pipes. BUT, budget aside, I can't make up my mind. THEN, I find this thread about the $50 SKJ J28-3 unit and have been looking at all its various sources - DHGate, BangGood, eBay, Amazon. For me, it makes sense to try one out for a low-risk (low cost) option ... and if I like the concept, and like the DV, I can then spring for a better unit. I belong to other forums where members sometimes coordinate on group purchase to qualify for volume discounts. Has anyone looked into getting a case of these "Dental Wax Heaters" to see what kind of wholesale pricing might be available? If not, I might start poking around with various dealers to see what they can do. Enjoy your weekend!

Top Bottom