• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Buzz: Vapor vs. Smoke

Motokid600

I've been vaping now with my silver surfer for a few months now and i love it! Only thing is... i dont know if i really like the high i get from it. Vapor highs seem to give me extreme head highs. My body feels as sober as a bird, but my head feels like it has a hot blanket over it. Infact sometimes the head high is so intense i find it hard to really think straight sometimes. Its nice, but i think i may like the high i get from smoking alot better. Its a more relaxed, body/couch - lock high. This does vary it depends on the type of bud im using, but what im asking here is that is this normal? how can i achieve a more enjoyable high from my vape? I've tried different temperatures, but the high seems to be the same. I like vaping alot better. Tastes great, feels smooth and kind on the lungs but i think it lacks in the high. Any tips?

Motokid600,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
moto - try vaping at a higher temp...release more cbds and cbns which give you the couch lock...if that doesnt work, try getting a really strong indica

stonemonkey55,

alucard

You may want to try consumption to get a nice body high. You can either use alcholic tinctures, or foods that remove the thc using fat. If you want to make a tincture, http://www.greendragonsoda.com/ is great. Or if you want to go the eating route, look up how to make a firecracker (it's the easiest recipe imo).

alucard,

Konrad_Zuse

There are about 60 different cannabanoids in the bud. THC vaporizes at 185C for example. SOme are about 200, some are less, it depends. I usually go up to about 240 to make sure that I get everything, and that it's all good.

Konrad_Zuse,

Motokid600

i like the green dragon i was looking at that for awhile. The only thing im not comfortable with is the fact that they use strong alcohol to extract the thc and then after filtering it they DRINK the alcohol? that seems nasty as hell.

Motokid600,

max

Out to lunch
Konrad_Zuse said:
I usually go up to about 240 to make sure that I get everything, and that it's all good.
240 C? There's a reason the Volcano tops out at 226. You're nearing combustion. There's also a reason that vapes with a fixed temp are set below 200. You'll get nearly everything, vapor wise at 240, but it's not all good. As you move up in temp, approaching 200, the levels of toxins increase. You may want to take a look at this study from back in '01- http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/vaporizerstudy1.html.

Motokid600 said:
I like vaping alot better. Tastes great, feels smooth and kind on the lungs but i think it lacks in the high. Any tips?
Vapor's a clean high. The toxins cited in the study linked above have couchlock effects-too much CO or Benzene and you'll go to sleep permanently. Personally, I don't get just a head high from vaping, and I use mostly a fixed temp vape. You can try an indica strain instead of sativa. That'll make some difference. Or as has been suggested by sm55, use a higher temp. Even with the higher levels of non-cannabis compounds, it's still healthier than smoke. Just don't expect a full smoke high from vapor. While you miss out on a couple or three of useful compounds, even at high temp vapor levels, what you're mostly missing are high temp/smoke by-products.

max,

alucard

Motokid600 said:
i like the green dragon i was looking at that for awhile. The only thing im not comfortable with is the fact that they use strong alcohol to extract the thc and then after filtering it they DRINK the alcohol? that seems nasty as hell.
I agree, but I hate hard alcohol. I hear some people put the dragon in gelatin capsules and swallow those to get it down. When making dragon you are only left with a small amount of liquid, so that actually seems like great solution. Buy in bulk, make lots of green dragon, put it in empty capsules, and you then have an easily stored, portable, and discrete couch lock.

alucard,

Konrad_Zuse

max said:
Konrad_Zuse said:
I usually go up to about 240 to make sure that I get everything, and that it's all good.
240 C? There's a reason the Volcano tops out at 226. You're nearing combustion. There's also a reason that vapes with a fixed temp are set below 200. You'll get nearly everything, vapor wise at 240, but it's not all good. As you move up in temp, approaching 200, the levels of toxins increase. You may want to take a look at this study from back in '01- http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/vaporizerstudy1.html.
After reading up about it, there is no real answer. Every other site has a different answer. Some say 300C, some say 200C, some say 700F, it's redic. There is no real answer, and each vape is different. Each vape has different temp sensors, so we actually have no idea what the actually temp of the bud is, so really any arguement is void. Most of the studies are used with the volcano or the M1, but again, different than the vape I have, or others have. I don't think a company would allow it to go up to 260 if it combusted. I have turned it to 240, and have gotta no vapor at all and nothing combusted. If you turn it to 260 then maybe, depending on a lot of things. Also I originally thought it said 236 not 226, so I actually goto 230 now just to make sure that the temp of mine heats up 100%, because I believe the temp sensor is on the heater, which is way below the bud.

I could be wrong, and maybe it is 226 idk, but 230 is fine.

Konrad_Zuse,

SmogTown

Classic Vaporizer

The beauty of the Volcano Classic is its robust, purely electromechanical design, of which have already sold in tens of thousands.

* Vaporization temperature can be set
between 130 and 230C / 266 and 446F

Digital vaporizer

The advantage of the Volcano Digit lies in its large LED display, which immediately and precisely informs the user of the operating status. The Volcano Digit communicates better with the user and its electronic control system works even more precisely than the bi-metal regulator on the Volcano Classic

* Precise electronic control
* Extra large, digital LED display with set and
actual temperature
* Vaporization temperature can be set between
40 and 230C (104 and 446F)

Copy and pasted from storz and bickel 's website.

SmogTown,

SmogTown

SSV? No built in temp sensor but easy to figure out. Get a meat thermometer and use it to take temps at the wand outlet where it meets the tube. That way you'll get rough temps for the dial positions.

SmogTown,
Top Bottom