• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Belkin WeMo WiFi Power Outlet

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Mine ran in to issues as well the past few days. I had to re-activate the channel using a new generated key. It has been working fine since the server reset.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: BossBrew

webb

Level 100 Lurker
Just picked one of these up. The wifi at my apartment isn't strong enough, but i really just want to make a recipe. Do you need wifi if you assign a recipe?

webb,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Just picked one of these up. The wifi at my apartment isn't strong enough, but i really just want to make a recipe. Do you need wifi if you assign a recipe?
Yes, the WeMo processes the recipes sent via IFTTT's servers. The recipes do not reside in the WeMo itself.

:peace:

Stu,

webb

Level 100 Lurker
Damn, it looks like I'm gonna have to return it. Bummer. Thanks anyway.

webb,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
When my WeMo triggers at the top of the hour it will have triggers my recipe on IFTTT.com 1,111 times. Everything is still working well. I get some periods where the WeMo will not communicate with IFTTT.com

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Hoops

MacRadish

Love this thing. Figured I'd share this tidbit on Belkin's website, I did a quick search in this thread first and didn't see anything about it....

WeMo Maintenance Window

Going forward, Belkin's WeMo maintenance window will be on the second Tuesday of every month. Our first maintenance window will take place this Tuesday (8/14/12) from 12:30am to 2:30am PST. During this window, there will be disruptions to remote access functionality, IFTTT activation, smart phone remote access enable/disable functionality and WeMo device registration during setup. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

MacRadish,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I just happened to log in to check the status of my IFTTT.com recipe and realized that I reached another "triggered" milestone with my WeMo:

8463797902_9166709320_o.jpg

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: VapeArts

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Done! Picked one up at Target. This is the best thing ever on the face of the earth (besides the Cloud it controls).

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Make sure you take advantage of the IFTTT recipies. It may seem confusing at first (I thought it would be too difficult to be worthwile), but it's super easy and will improve your life. At least it did mine.

Stu,

Vapinghole

I saw that and the seeming complexity frightened me. I am a simple caveman after all.

But--my vaping mentor has never steered me wrong. I'll check it out.

Vapinghole,

John Lewus

Has anyone tried this on the Galaxy S3 yet? I am very tempted with the WeMo. Can you program it to cycle power every 40 minutes from 5pm to midnight and still remotely turn it on/off? I am wondering how easy it is to do that with an Android phone.

John Lewus,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I saw that and the seeming complexity frightened me. I am a simple caveman after all.

But--my vaping mentor has never steered me wrong. I'll check it out.
Just curious.... did you figure out the IFTTT thing Vhole? If you have any questions, PM me. Of course when you PM me with a question, I'll just tell you to PM SliM, but you get my point..... I'm here to help.

Stu,

Vapinghole

Just curious.... did you figure out the IFTTT thing Vhole? If you have any questions, PM me. Of course when you PM me with a question, I'll just tell you to PM SliM, but you get my point..... I'm here to help.

Read you loud and clear, Stu (and SliM!). Was out of town this weekend but looking forward to geeking out on it this week. It was sure handy triggering my Cloud remotely from the road--about 20 minutes before we made it back. I had an ELB loaded and waiting for my return, so I was vaked in mere minutes after a few hours on the road.

Now, it's nighty night time via Durban Poison through said Cloud.

Vapinghole,
Reactions: Stu

John Lewus

Damnit. I want to get a WeMo now that it supports Android but I know the support will suck at first.

John Lewus,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
It was sure handy triggering my Cloud remotely from the road--about 20 minutes before we made it back. I had an ELB loaded and waiting for my return, so I was vaked in mere minutes after a few hours on the road.
My daily routine involves me launching my wemo app on my phone when I get to a certain intersection that I'm always stuck at a red light. It's exactly 20 minutes from my lair. :brow:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Any WeMo users out there that use ifttt.com recipes having trouble logging on to their website?

For two days now I'm having no luck and I can't turn off my recipes. :bang:

Stu,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Any WeMo users out there that use ifttt.com recipes having trouble logging on to their website?

Works fine for me... Maybe you messed up your password? Tried a couple machines and they all work fine.

Slightly Medicated,

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer

Mine's working fine as well.

VapeArts,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Weird. I did a password reset and it seems to be working now. I think it was a web browser issue.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I've just made the first working prototype of a project I had envisioned a while back... I really wanted to get a set up like Slightly Medicated has, where his Cloud will be powered cycled at least once an hour so that it always stays at temp.

Thing is, I have an android. From the looks of it, quite a few people do here as well. We could just try to set up a programmable light timer or something and make it work but most of those are designed for turning on lights at set times in a day, and not for the sort of thing that we want. This really sucks for people like me who want to have my cloud stay on for several hours at a time without me having to fuss about it. This is especially true of those who have insomnia and want it on all night.

Anyways, a while ago I came across a thing called the PowerSwitch tail which is a really cool product. Coupled with a Teensy2 microcontroller I've got one sitting here turning my cloud off and on once every hour for the last 12 hours and it works great! It starts counting whenever you plug it in and trips the power off for 1 second after 55 minutes passes.

Is anyone else interested in this setup? If so I can release a tutorial on how to make one. It is really easy if you know how to solder.

Top Bottom