al bundy

Vaporist
I used a multi sized hole punch, premarket holes with perm marker while on. Slice off about 1/2 inch at bottom for easier batt swap (optional). Neatness counts :clap: !!!

I cut it so the 1st set of vent holes show on the top side of Air
Never overheat even with back to back to back sessions
Like the holes but I thought it would tear easier.
I like the little holes thiugh now I have to order another skin and go to Michaels craft store :peace:

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
A couple times this week my Air lit up both lights on turquoise color! One time the top light turned blue and the bottom light turned green, then started blinking furiously. Never seen this before. It was also very unresponsive when I tried to turn it off. Anyone know what this means before I email Arizer? I'm still under the 2 year warranty.

I think it's when you press the up button too quickly after turning the vape on?

Just take the battery out and put it back in. Everything okay?

Cuthbert Sinclair

Brand new stem, never tightened or loosened the tip, first session it cracked :( backups are essential. Finished the session suckin on threads
honestly I like using the plastic tipped mouth piece without the plastic tip.
the all glass mouth piece opening is too big and the plastic tip is too small . but if you remove the plastic tip it's quite good.
that's how I feel :) to each his own :p

TomC1315

Nice post Bravesst ... I've been wondering ( since my new digital scale arrived last week ) how much weight is lost from a proper "dry out" ... 1.01g / 1.08g = 93.5% remaining.

I had grinded up a couple of grams and was waiting for the next opportunity to weigh more bud before and after the drying process ...

As always, nice work bro :-)

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Nice post Bravesst ... I've been wondering ( since my new digital scale arrived last week ) how much weight is lost from a proper "dry out" ... 1.01g / 1.08g = 93.5% remaining.

I had grinded up a couple of grams and was waiting for the next opportunity to weigh more bud before and after the drying process ...

As always, nice work bro :-)
This was a weird strain from September. Pretty dense, but not "kick ass" (September was 'dry season'). I rated it a 6 on a scale of 1 to 9 (I never give a 10). Most of my stuff I'd say is 7, I get lucky with 8 a lot, but 9's are rare. Anyway, the stuff weighs a lot (dense), but that should translate into longer session, it didn't.

So the bowls were relatively "heavy" (.12 each), but still only lasted 15 to 2 minutes. Medication level was good, so no complaints all around. Other strains have been less dense, filling the bowl with as little as .06 (dome screen). I'll redo this entire process with a strain from October and see what happens.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I weighed a nug before that was 1.21g. After being ground & left under my heater light (probably 5 minutes too long) I had .91 left! I have been weighing the before & after but that felt like a particularly solid nug. My usual loss is between 11-19% & I am happy to accept that to have it in the condition I desire for vaping.

wEVSm7i.jpg

O07cfWi.jpg

OF

I tighten mine without fear & have not noticed any cracking yet. Suspicious it is a batch related issue if it is fairly isolated.

While defects in caps could be the issue I doubt it. I think this is tied up with the 'my cap is jammed on so tight I can't get it off' problems? I suspect it's thermal expansion playing up. Specifically when hot the cap expands more than the glass? Tightening it more when hot (intentionally or otherwise) sets it up for being too tight when cool. This can 'freeze' the cap on and (since the threads in the glass are less precise and therefore don't take stress uniformly) or even introduce cracks by concentrating this force.

Evidence here is some guys have problems more than once, while most seem to not have them at all I think.

Unless you overstress it, the plastic isn't going to crack on it's own IMO. Even a cap with a hidden flaw. You need stress to exploit that flaw, warming and cooling alone are unlikely to do that. Remember the heat and subsequent cooling in making the cap are much more extreme than we offer in use.

I find the same sort of results (less than 10% loss), however it can be much higher if you start with 'fresher' or 'really dank' herb. The stuff from the dispensaries is generally well cured, but slightly damp. I know great effort is made to keep it from drying further past a 'magic point', I've been told as much several times. I suspect to make it more appealing to potential buyers as much as the chance to sell you water at top shelf prices?

Key to us is if you don't remove that last 5-10% moisture before loading you'll have to do it in the vape before you get to the good stuff. And moisture in the vape not only slows down the fun but opens the door for fouling. OK, opens it much wider......

OF

Bob876

Guys, i've read almost half the thread and I know most people say that no particles fall out the stem whether using a screen or not. This is not the case with me. Little particles almost always drop out into the heater and sometimes leave a small stain. Is there any other way for me to stop this from happening besides using two screens? Or should I not be worried and just iso cutip every once in a awhile?

OF

Guys, i've read almost half the thread and I know most people say that no particles fall out the stem whether using a screen or not. This is not the case with me. Little particles almost always drop out into the heater and sometimes leave a small stain. Is there any other way for me to stop this from happening besides using two screens? Or should I not be worried and just iso cutip every once in a awhile?

I agree with you and am not sure about NO particles, even with a screen over the end. By 'gluing' the load together (either 'hamster style' or by raw skill alone) most debris sticks to the load, but some 'dust' always seems end up in the cup. Shaking or blowing it out remedies this quickly. When still most bud bakes onto the cup it can stick and I suspect that's what most guys are worried about?

I would not worry....no wait, I don't worry....I suggest you don't either. If you haven't tried it, I suggest trying hamster style?

Regards,

OF

GetLeft

Hamster style = holding the unit above the stem. I get bits in my oven regularly. The worst I've had happen because if it is a little aroma therapy the next time I heat up, as those bits do some extra toasting.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon

I like to think of it as patina on your oven & the sign of a well loved piece of equipment. In 30 years those hipster vapers will pay extra for an Air/Solo with heavy patina. You don't want to know what those early ceramic ovens Solos will be worth to the hipsters either...

You know how you get rid of the "crispy" bits if they stick to the bottom of your oven? Use the stir tool to scrape it off, clean with a cottton tip & vape a bowl as you must be stressed :)

OF

I like to think of it as patina on your oven & the sign of a well loved piece of equipment. In 30 years those hipster vapers will pay extra for an Air/Solo with heavy patina. You don't want to know what those early ceramic ovens Solos will be worth to the hipsters either...

Antique Airs! I love it. The big bucks ones at Southerby's will come with 'provenance' proving that while it no longer works it still has the original battery and a 'period correct' stem........

We should all live so long.

Thanks for the big old smile.

Merry Christmas to all our readers.

OF

TomC1315

I weighed a nug before that was 1.21g. After being ground & left under my heater light (probably 5 minutes too long) I had .91 left! I have been weighing the before & after but that felt like a particularly solid nug. My usual loss is between 11-19% & I am happy to accept that to have it in the condition I desire for vaping.

wEVSm7i.jpg

I see "Compton's in tha house !" :leaf::rip::leaf:

O07cfWi.jpg

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
My Air is receiving very heavy use this weekend & I am enjoying the effects of a 7.45am stem right now. I ground up two different nugs yesterday & after a light drying the results were one nug went from 1.72 down to 1.53 & the other went from 1.64 to 1.48. This is a significant reduction in losses compared to the previous nug I had ground up.

OF

This is a significant reduction in losses compared to the previous nug I had ground up.

Sounds like the first wasn't as well cured to start?

I understand the term, but somehow 'loss' WRT herb makes the hair on my neck stand up. We're destined to lose the water anyway, but the idea of losing weight before it even makes the vape seems so bad.....

Thanks for the report.

OF

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Sounds like the first wasn't as well cured to start?

I understand the term, but somehow 'loss' WRT herb makes the hair on my neck stand up. We're destined to lose the water anyway, but the idea of losing weight before it even makes the vape seems so bad.....

Thanks for the report.

OF

The first nug was a fair bit denser in its makeup when I broke it up to put in the grinder & I was surprised enough to post it on here. I am similar to Bravesst in how I like my weed extra dry for vaping though. Not sure why I put 19% loss as it is usually between 11-14% (stoned maths right there).

Unfortunately I live in a non legal country where cannabis is commercially grown by criminal enterprises (mostly OMCG's). They don't exactly care about correct curing & storage of product. They do care about profits though & I pay less for weed in 2015 than I did in 1995 so I won't complain too much considering how much everything else has gone up :lol:. I also won't complain as I got a good deal because like a squirrel storing nuts I need plenty of buds to hand so I feel stress free over the festive season.

hiddengecko

To any who may for some reason have been awaiting an impression of the Arizer Air which I ultimately decided to purchase in the thread I made about doing so, I am pleased to announce that the unit is armed and fully operational.

As is probably obvious from my poor typing, I am beyond impressed with its performance so far.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
To any who may for some reason have been awaiting an impression of the Arizer Air which I ultimately decided to purchase in the thread I made about doing so, I am pleased to announce that the unit is armed and fully operational.

As is probably obvious from my poor typing, I am beyond impressed with its performance so far.
It only gets better!

Top Bottom