OF

This is part of multiple sclerosis, not just an isolated injury or medical issue. My optic nerve is basically eroding.

Ah, so! My condolences. Of course my thoughts don't count in an ongoing condition, only for recovery from a static change.

The part about enjoying your new Air still counts, though.

Thanks for the additional information.

Best wishes,

OF

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I have done the initial 10 minute heat-up (cleaning). It still has that new car smell. Is that OK?

Aimless Ryan,

FluffMolotov

Really digging the Air I'm borrowing, but the standard stubby mouthpiece is really tough to remove when the unit is cold - herb showers are a constant irritation... Should I get the owner to contact PIU for a replacement, or is there an easy way to contract the herb chamber diameter down a few dozen microns?

Cheers

OF

Really digging the Air I'm borrowing, but the standard stubby mouthpiece is really tough to remove when the unit is cold - herb showers are a constant irritation... Should I get the owner to contact PIU for a replacement, or is there an easy way to contract the herb chamber diameter down a few dozen microns?

This is normal, especially for new units. Sometimes you can't get the stem into a new unit when it's cold.
It will get looser over time.

It's not a fault. Don't worry about it. Continue to enjoy the Air......just remember to pull the stem before it cools too much.

BTW you do know the 'turn it upside down' trick?

OF

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have done the initial 10 minute heat-up (cleaning). It still has that new car smell. Is that OK?
Your unit will be absorbing the cannabis smell and you won't be bothered by it after a few more sessions with it. Just relax and enjoy your new found vaporizing too. Don't sweat the small stuff. I like how tight the stems are because it doesnt fall out when I am on the go. Always insert or take out your stems when still warm with this unit.

I've been using my @Ed's TnT WonG with my Air that I had made for my Solo. At first I was worried about my Air stretching too much but that hasn't been the case so far.

I like switching things around sometimes and use the wood. I really love it. I've been using my whip attachment (blood wood) with the Air that I had made for the Solo too.

I usually use it on its side because it will tip over if I'm not careful but that's fine, I don't mind. It's the Herbalizer whip that Ed used because it's so flexible. It extends the airpath. Ed's the man!

Last edited:

Justpassedu

Your unit will be absorbing the cannabis smell and you won't be bothered by it after a few more sessions with it. Just relax and enjoy your new found vaporizing too. Don't sweat the small stuff. I like how tight the stems are because it doesnt fall out when I am on the go. Always insert or take out your stems when still warm with this unit.

I've been using my @Ed's TnT WonG with my Air that I had made for my Solo. At first I was worried about my Air stretching too much but that hasn't been the case so far.

I like switching things around sometimes and use the wood. I really love it. I've been using my whip attachment (blood wood) with the Air that I had made for the Solo too.

I usually use it on its side because it will tip over if I'm not careful but that's fine, I don't mind. It's the Herbalizer whip that Ed used because it's so flexible. It extends the airpath. Ed's the man!

Knowing Ed im sure that mp mates up to some 18mm or 14mm glass . I am wondering if you have tried it out yet and how you like it mated to some glass compared to lets say just using a adapter from planetvape mated to glass. Look's Great ...

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The WonG is made with the Blackwood and has the turquoise inlay it's an 18mm and its 3 inches long. Normally the WonGs are 2 inches. I had a 14mm too but was stolen or lost it also had the inlay. I like the 3 inch size personally. I always use the Ed's Bomb as Butter.

EDIT
The WonG for the whip is 18mm. The WonG only fits the Solo and Air. The whip and mouthpiece could be interchangeable but I haven't done that yet.

Last edited:

Justpassedu

The WonG is made with the Blackwood and has the turquoise inlay it's an 18mm WonG. I had a 14mm too but was stolen or lost it also had the inlay.
Not the wong , i was talking about your whip set up , is the mp 14mm or 18mm and have you tried it mated to some glass ? was wondering if you liked it more than a straight adapter going right into glass.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Sitting here listening to Sweet Marijuana Brown on slacker radio, sipping my new PVHES Vortex for the first time! Life is sweet! Sun shining through the window, highlighting cloudage, my pup (Red) by my side, best I've felt in a long time.

shit, wife just walked in and ruined it :goon:

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
Does anyone else have a mild problem with stock skin (white).

Mine is slightly too long, when the air is central (up and down) there is a overhang on the top and bottom.

It's mildly annoying lol...

bluenavey00,
Reactions: OF

OF

Mine is slightly too long, when the air is central (up and down) there is a overhang on the top and bottom.

I don't use mine (well I use a 3/4 inch long section, but that's another story) but if it bothers you why not run a razor blade around the bottom (cutting inward, toward the end cap) and shave the overhang off? If you stretch it downward (or upward depending) before the cut, 'springback' should lift the edge up a small amount.

No need to be annoyed.....unless you want to be? It's just a tool, it should do what you want, not the other way about.

OF

olivianewtonjohn

I felt like it was by design so when you put it down it rests on the silicone and has less of a chance of getting banged up.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I felt like it was by design so when you put it down it rests on the silicone and has less of a chance of getting banged up.
Me too, protects edges.

Wait a second, we have both @olivianewtonjohn and @CarolKing on this awesome forum. How lucky are we?

Just wanted to share. My guy just called me and said he's got a new batch of sick stuff. The stash grows.

Last edited:

FluffMolotov

This is normal, especially for new units. Sometimes you can't get the stem into a new unit when it's cold.

It's not a fault. Don't worry about it. Continue to enjoy the Air......just remember to pull the stem before it cools too much.

OF

I guess it must be new still!

OF

Must just be a tight lil' fresh unit then!

'USD' trick? Inversion so as to defy gravity when pulling the stem :whoa: ?
I use a screen and very little pinches with this thing, so upside down or horizontal are my prime operating positions :razz:

Tried it out with a bubbler (standard mouthpeice fits 14mm joint quite fine), smoothest vaping (in my albeit limited career) experience i've had thus far! If the GH doesn't come soon I'm making an order for one of these babies...

OF

'USD' trick? Inversion so as to defy gravity when pulling the stem :whoa: ?

No, holding it upside down inserting and removing the stem controls spills. You really want to put the Air on the stem if you follow? Rather than insert the stem......

How you hold it to vape is another matter. Most guys fill to the lip eventually I think, but want to keep the herb in the bowl, not in the cup. Holding it upside down to heat and get the first few hits (AKA 'hamster style') fuses the herb into a mass in the stem. After that you can hold it pretty much as you want and the load is backed off the hot metal.

IMO a serious vaper should own an Air or Solo even if he has a GH. Both the Arizer offerings are easy to use, trouble free, proven 'session vapes'. GH is shaping up to be a vape for one guy a few hits at a time (heat issues you know), not up to continuous use unlike Solo or Air which will do stems as long as there's two guys still able to pass it back and forth. Very versatile. GH is a niche device relative to that.

OF

FluffMolotov

Ah, sure - that's how I insert it. I'll try with more herb this weekend, unfortunately prohibition doesn't allow me the luxury of full bowls :( .
Definitely a fan of this vape, nevertheless full on demand convection is my main priority (and avoiding the dreaded VAS) in a new investment. Maybe a good desktop is a worthy aquisition in the meanwhile?

All the cool things seem to be happening in the US these days; you're building the best cars and tech investment is flowing freely... Anyone want to adopt a quirkily accented white person?

OF

Ah, sure - that's how I insert it. I'll try with more herb this weekend, unfortunately prohibition doesn't allow me the luxury of full bowls :( .

Anyone want to adopt a quirkily accented white person?

You should definitely try the custom screens our very own Sinclue discovered:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-arizer-air.16415/page-96#post-730350

They fit 'perfectly' and not only reduce the load a LOT but keep the herb close to the hot glass so the action is faster. Many of us are using them, my typical load is around .1 gram (from about .08 to 1/8 gram, depending) when filled to the lip. The dome in the screen also means it fouls more slowly, longer between cleanings. They look like this in action:
eslZCjG.jpg

The perspective on the installed one is a bit deceptive, it takes up more space than it looks like.

Thanks for your kind offer, but we already have a wide assortment of folks of many colors and quirks that go FAR past accents. Clear past bewildering, scary, dangerous and all them things....... You might just be fighting over your weight?

OF

FluffMolotov

Interesting - I made a domed screen, but use it the other way round, maybe not the smartest solution. Ordered a set of those screens, thanks for the link. I'll be coming over to your side of the pond soon despite all the sssssssspookiness, motorcycletouring the West Coast BECKON this man!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Hedonist! I knew there was a kinky streak in there somewhere........

OF
Naked is good, it's just a phase I'm going through... I love the red color!!! (fire engine red)

That dome screen looks tempting / Otis is gonna try it! - clouds on BLUE

[EDIT] Dome Screen Update
Second bowl went straight to green (love green). Got 5 to 7 awesome tasting blasts. Very nice, very efficient (half the herb of a regular bowl).

Last edited:
Top Bottom