• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@Bravesst, I'm planning on purchasing a joda stem for my arizer. Should I be concerned about this damaging my seal. Are they meant to be compatible with both the solo and arizer?
I'm not the authority on this, but I don't want to chance that exact thing. I've got one, not planning on trying it on the AA anytime soon. It's impossible to get it to the bottom of the Solo oven, which is definitely looser. Just MHO. And yes, meant to be compatible with AA and Solo. There is talk of future joda stems with a slightly smaller OD, or so I've read.

Bravesst,

AnthoFranco

i would like to grab some custom stems. im sure pvhes are a total asset. does unit run @ a higher temp to keep up with airflow?

likely end up w/ stockers. my ideal stem would be a long,bent solo stem w/ the black mouth piece.

Another stressful day, hit red all night.:bang:

when i get them days i plug in my EQ4 and blast vapor in my face!! but, from what i read, you have some buff portables. hope all is well...

joda stems are stylin' and im sure there is a solution for you. seems like o-rings can be replaced like on the solo. maybe using joda may cause to wear out more soon? idk, i would be hesitant to ram it in too.

f-bomb looks effin sweet, buck thirty tho...... YIKES

AnthoFranco,
Reactions: OF

thekarmawhore

My 'Budgie Bubbler' arrived today along with the Easyflow adapter and seems to be working well. I can now use the Air on red and take much bigger hits. My throat seemed to be getting very dry previously, probably because I'd insist on whacking it up to yellow to try to get the last out of my herb after a session on green.

Does anybody have one of these? I'm not sure if I'm using it correctly or not. Should I be removing the bubbler part after I've inhaled as a kind of carb? I've noticed a lot of vapour comes out after I inhale. And how high should I be filling it to be safe? I'm concerned drops may get into my unit as I inhale but hopefully that's paranoia.

Here's a pic for reference: http://i.imgur.com/Eo492O9.jpg
Looks similar to the pinnacle WT. You can xperiment with it by itself to get a feel for how far you can tip it, how hard you have to blow ,etc. for water to come out where you don't want, and adjust your water and draw accordingly.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have the authentic Pinnacle Pro Micro Shower Tool and you do have to be careful sometimes not to get a bit of water in the unit. Most of the time no problem just be careful about water levels and not coughing into the WT.

I notice most of my stems and GonGs are a bit tight with the Air. I just make sure the unit is heated up before inserting a stem.

OF

f-bomb looks effin sweet, buck thirty tho...... YIKES

Depends, I guess, on how much you think the name is worth? Personally I hate 'advertising' on my stuff:
http://www.dhgate.com/product/2014-...e/212749523.html#myaccount_orderdetail-1-null
http://www.dhgate.com/product/pinna...e/213821696.html#myaccount_orderdetail-1-null

Notice some of the photos are upside down?

Both work just as well as FBomb or the PWT.....I have them all and IMO the extra bucks buys little if anything.

Can someone explain what they feel the benefits are of using a bent stem? I have purchased the longer Solo stem and use that most the time with my air, I noticed they also sell a bent one and someone above mentioned how they like it.

For me it's a more relaxed, natural position to vape. Why don't you invest ten bucks and see first hand what the buzz is about?

OF

507E

I'm not the authority on this, but I don't want to chance that exact thing. I've got one, not planning on trying it on the AA anytime soon. It's impossible to get it to the bottom of the Solo oven, which is definitely looser. Just MHO. And yes, meant to be compatible with AA and Solo. There is talk of future joda stems with a slightly smaller OD, or so I've read.
I think I will wait for future release since mine is pretty new with a really tight seal also. I need to get the hang of my edstnt Wong first anyways. I've been having troubles getting similar results as from my glass stems. Though i've only used it a handful of times so far.Thanks for explaining!

PurpleDazed

Well after trying a few varried styles of using the AA I can see how effective this little sucker is. it performs like a champ as they say. My only negative I noticed is airflow being so restricted, but i suspect that is why it is so efficient and performs as quickly at warming up. My best use I have found is with using the AA with the joda 18mm gong stem which has a carb port which i didnt know about when buying but very happy its there and use on my zob 10' bubbler. (the bubbles made help me see how much air I'm actually drawing) the restricted flow seemed like it was less b4 i saw how i was making bubbles.

Last edited:

little maggie

What is the seal that might be impacted by the Joda stem? I got one with the AA and it seems to fit as well as the other stems that came with it. I haven't tried my solo stems from Ed yet on the air.

little maggie,

bigtvapes

As far as the tightnes of the seal, if you DO blow out your o-ring (giggity) I think that can be fixed by replacing the O-rings. On the Solo, this is a very simple process. I don't know about how that works on the Air though. Havent tried taking the top off and looking in there yet. Don't plan on it unless I have to.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
As far as the tightnes of the seal, if you DO blow out your o-ring (giggity) I think that can be fixed by replacing the O-rings. On the Solo, this is a very simple process. I don't know about how that works on the Air though. Havent tried taking the top off and looking in there yet. Don't plan on it unless I have to.
Completely different set up there. Air doesn't have o-rings, just a gasket type thing.

OF

Completely different set up there. Air doesn't have o-rings, just a gasket type thing.

How right you are......only Solo doesn't have any o-rings either. Just a round seal at the top of the oven. Since at least one of the surfaces (the glass one) moves I don't think it's correct to call it a gasket, IMO it's a seal.....and a custom made one to boot?

The seal in Air is the 3 'ribs' you feel inserting the stem. It's sure to loosen up with use (and Ed's stems are bigger than any others?), and is not going to be user replaceable IMO:
6V0F57D.jpg

The seal is part of the round nut center right. It screws on the white part with the exposed oven and is covered by the aluminum shield upper left. It's held on by two very tiny, easy to strip screws. You can see them through the vents in the cap? The rubber cover, bottom right, goes on the top before the cover screws on. I blew the warranty on my first one to find out what's up inside, there's nothing I can see that owners can do there (except break stuff), I suggest not removing the cover to start with.

OF

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
For now, all oversized stems all on hold... stock stuff works too good!

I'm sipping a bent stem in my Solo now, just for you @OF. Your advice has been a God-Send every time. I'd like to personally thank you for being so willing to share your extensive knowledge. I am lucky to have a resource like you in my vape anti-PTSD life. Thanks Again Man!

Who on FC agrees with that?

srama21

Monotonous Botanist
Hey guys, I just got my new air yesterday but i'm having trouble getting the hang of it. I find that I have to pull for 15-20 seconds to get a satisfying hit on the red setting. i've tried pulling the stem out of the heating chamber a little bit when hitting hoping to decrease the amount of air resistance. I hit the air all day yesterday but after taking a lot of those 20 second hits my chest got tight and i was feeling short of breath. There must be something i haven't figured out yet

What are your guys' techniques with hitting the air? Are modded stems necessary to maximize the experience? I'm coming from using an underdog which gives me really full satisfying hits. The UD's heating unit is really powerful though. My AVB from my UD always looks dark brown and llike coffee grounds, the air doesn't quite get my bud to that same state.

Like any vape, including my beloved UD, there is a learning curve. I'm on the low end of it right now so any advice or tips you guys have is much appreciated.

thekarmawhore

The air has a tight flow, no doubt.

I find I get the most satisfying performance after allowing an extended warmup. Try letting it warm up on red for at least 5 minutes, 7 is even better. Then dial it down to blue and insert your moderately packed stem and let that warm up for a minute or so, then work your way up the dial as you see fit.

Also, an un-modded silicone sleeve helps keep temps steady and warmup times minimal, if you have one of those.

Main thing is to let it really get heat soaked before expecting max performance.

srama21

Monotonous Botanist
The air has a tight flow, no doubt.

I find I get the most satisfying performance after allowing an extended warmup. Try letting it warm up on red for at least 5 minutes, 7 is even better. Then dial it down to blue and insert your moderately packed stem and let that warm up for a minute or so, then work your way up the dial as you see fit.

Also, an un-modded silicone sleeve helps keep temps steady and warmup times minimal, if you have one of those.

Main thing is to let it really get heat soaked before expecting max performance.

This makes a lot of sense. I've noticed towards the end of my sessions I get the best hits. I actually think the auto shutoff at 10 minutes is too soon.

jojo0420

Cloud Chaser
Hey guys, I just got my new air yesterday but i'm having trouble getting the hang of it. I find that I have to pull for 15-20 seconds to get a satisfying hit on the red setting. i've tried pulling the stem out of the heating chamber a little bit when hitting hoping to decrease the amount of air resistance. I hit the air all day yesterday but after taking a lot of those 20 second hits my chest got tight and i was feeling short of breath. There must be something i haven't figured out yet

What are your guys' techniques with hitting the air? Are modded stems necessary to maximize the experience? I'm coming from using an underdog which gives me really full satisfying hits. The UD's heating unit is really powerful though. My AVB from my UD always looks dark brown and llike coffee grounds, the air doesn't quite get my bud to that same state.

Like any vape, including my beloved UD, there is a learning curve. I'm on the low end of it right now so any advice or tips you guys have is much appreciated.

Make sure you aren't packing the herb too tight in the stem. Best results come from a very light tamp, IME.
Try not filling it 100%, try 80-90% and just barely tamp it with your finger tip.
Let it warm up a minute or two (or more if your patient) before puffing on it.

jojo0420,

CharSadehBeast

Got my AA in the mail today! Counting down the minutes to get off work and try it out.

Btw, what are the mesh screens for? I ordered from PIU

CharSadehBeast,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer

I make sure my herb is a bit dryer (I use Boveda 62RH to store in Mason jars), or just leave out for a little while. I don't grind at all. I use stock stems and small nugget technique. I usually do most of my vaping green, sometimes bump up. I get big hits, as big as I want them to be. Draw resistance is much less, IMHO, with a nugget, greater air flow, but even after grinding, you shouldn't have to pull hard. You can stir once, or just bump up temps. It works better and better and better as you get the hang of the process, and your vape fingerprint finds it's niche with the AA (it can do it all). I have a Nano, Mighty, Solo (love em all), and wind up using my 2 AA's most of the time, and I only really smoke [EDIT] vape at home.

PS: Follow @OF 's advice on the first battery charge, super charge an extra bunch of hours beyond full. I did this on my last three new batts, and they get noticeably longer life (about an extra bowl or so). But you only get one chance, after that first charge, remove from charger as soon as charged.

Great vape! Sip, rip, enjoy this bad boy, and the swappable batts are what makes it completely awesome! My DD.

Last edited:

srama21

Monotonous Botanist
I've tried a few different strains, some drier than the others, but still not getting anything good.

I'm actually getting a little frustrated. after taking like five 20 second hits, my lungs feel like shit.

I've tried loading it with very little herb, to loading it like crazy. the draw resistance is just insane. there must be something i'm missing. right now its hard for me to believe this is going to work well.

srama21,
Reactions: OF

OF

the draw resistance is just insane. there must be something i'm missing. right now its hard for me to believe this is going to work well.

Sorry you're not getting the results you expect. Unless your unit is defective (IMO highly unlikely, but possible) the draw is not "insane", it's just not what you expect/want. In fact it's designed in for solid reasons. If you're missing something, perhaps that's it? You're fighting it because you're demanding performance it's not designed to deliver? It's designed for something different?

For sure there are many thousands sold, hundreds of very happy owners in the 6,100 posts thus far. And many times that in the Solo thread (basically the same system). It should work, and work well, at making vapor.

I suggest you try two things. First give it plenty of time for heat to soak in through the glass between hits. Secondly, back WAY off the pulling on the stem. Sip rather than suck for all you're worth trying to get more faster. Just a few times, see what happens? Vapor can only be generated so fast, drawing lots of cold air into the unit only does two things (aside from making you light headed....): DILUTES the vapor delivered, and robs heat so even less vapor is generated. It's not like blazing. Neither I think what you really want?

Good luck with it, but IMO it can be done. A lot of guys with a lot less going for them than you have done found true happiness here.......

OF

Top Bottom