CharSadehBeast

Great move, standby for good times.

Also plan on 'sending the Pax back to the minors', but don't sell it, everyone needs a backup vape......

OF
I had one of the early Pax models and it was replaced with a brand new one under warranty recently. I have yet to crack open the package so I'm probably going to sell it since it's brand new.

Watching videos of the AA...it can't get here fast enough! I went back to smoking while the Pax was out of commission the past few months and my lungs are feeling it :disgust:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Arizer Air Vape Station # 1 - Simple Simon

Bamboo base, properly sized AA slot featuring the bent over sleeve method, with 2 SS cups (attached) for stash and cash, and of course a little pick tool.

f9wCfQ8.jpg
yHmkGfY.jpg

most of new tools arrived yesterday, gonna sit down and draw up some stuff, this was just a little experiment to see how some of my new stuff works...
It's gonna get more and more elaborate: Party stations, Solo stations, Stealth stations, Water stations, storage for stems, batts, chargers, and on and on...
Love my new hobby, something to slow my vaping down and still enjoy vaping!

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Arizer Air Vape Station # 1 - Simple Simon

Bamboo base, properly sized AA slot featuring the bent over sleeve method, with 2 SS cups (attached) for stash and cash, and of course a little pick tool.

f9wCfQ8.jpg
yHmkGfY.jpg

most of new tools arrived yesterday, gonna sit down and draw up some stuff, this was just a little experiment to see how some of my new stuff works...
It's gonna get more and more elaborate: Party stations, Solo stations, Stealth stations, Water stations, storage for stems, batts, chargers, and on and on...
Love my new hobby, something to slow my vaping down and still enjoy vaping!

Very nice! Man, I think you found a great hobby and I'm sure the community would order some nice pieces from you - if you crafted more than you needed :D

What a great hobby!

vapen00b,
Reactions: Bravesst

thekarmawhore

I've been wondering about the silicone sleeve since I often see it modded with holes and such to let the heater see more ambient temperature.

Seems to me that it would be better to leave it alone so it heats up faster and maintains set point with less energy, no?

I count the "warming up" blinks and it absolutely heats faster with the heater covered.

So what's the deal with the mods?

sickmanfraud

Ordered an Air yesterday. Cant wait for it to get to me. checking the tracking everyday every few hours for any updated progress. Got it from puffitup for $195 with an 18mm joda worked stem.

I did quite a bit of research for a good portable to suit my needs. Since I have reciently taken to e-cig mech mods I have 6 18650 batteries already so finding out the Air runs on one narrowed the choice considerably. The grasshopper also seemed like a good portable but having to wait a few months b4 i can expect shippment was a no go for me. perhaps in a few more months they will get all caught up and i might go ahead on a titanium grasshopper.

I just read the last few posts from yours until now, and no one mentioned that many AA users here are concerned with using 18650 that are not from Arizer or OEM.

I really don't see how anyone could tell if an AA was used with "wrong " battery but you should do your own research.

Congrats on the Air, wise choice.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: Bravesst

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Quick question
@OF
@Pipes
@CarolKing

Hate to be a pest, and I'm sure this is here, but I just got two new AA cells on charge for the first time now. Should I do the "one time opportunity" thing, like with Solo, and super charge the first charge (leave on after it turns green), or pull off right away as always?

thanks guys!
@sickmanfraud I'm of the OF camp, AA batts only!
@vapen00b Gonna sit down and do some designing on paper today. Any input from the AA, Nano, or Solo communities would be greatly appreciated. Those are my 3 drivers, and I understand their nuances very well. Once I get one model or ten down, it will be easy to reproduce or customize. Living on Long Island, there is a Home Goods every few miles, so I have access to tons of "raw materials" at a reasonable price (if I search enough).

Last edited:

OF

Watching videos of the AA...it can't get here fast enough! I went back to smoking while the Pax was out of commission the past few months and my lungs are feeling it :disgust:

It will get there I'm sure, although the wait can fill a guy with stress for sure.

Backsliding into blazing is not a good plan IMO. Well worth avoiding. The very reason you need a backup vape (also nice for an occasional change of pace). I agree with the 'sell the NIB unit you're not going to use', and then consider something like a MFLB, VG or maybe a personal favorite, Vapman?

Good luck with it.

Hate to be a pest, and I'm sure this is here, but I just got two new AA cells on charge for the first time now. Should I do the "one time opportunity" thing, like with Solo, and super charge the first charge (leave on after it turns green), or pull off right away as always?

Yep, that would be my recommendation for sure (and what I personally do). Less important with AA than Solo of course since the battery swap is so easy, but the principle (and potential results) are the same.

Best wishes,

OF

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I'm sure this question has been answered but I can't seem to find it...
How do you unscrew the plastic tip off the mouthpeice???

I TRIED to do it when. I first got the air. Didn't happen.
I figured that use and heat would loosen it. Nope.
I'm starting to feel like it's glued on.
The only thing I haven't tried is a iso soak, because I hope to reclaim without the iso first (super gooey)
Any suggestions? I don't want to break it but my urge to twist it to hell are killing me!

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: OF

OF

I'm sure this question has been answered but I can't seem to find it...
How do you unscrew the plastic tip off the mouthpeice???

Your problem is most surely the rubber gasket 'binding' since the cap is too tight.

Don't use the flats as a handle, they will break off. Instead I suggest wrapping two rubber bands around it, one on the glass, one on the 'thread part' of the cap. That will improve your grip enough probably. Avoid crushing, especially the plastic part (which will make it worse....). It will probably be easier hot, especially if there's condensate build up.

In the future, be sure the cap is 'just snug' (the gasket will do the rest).

OF

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
:bowdown:
Your problem is most surely the rubber gasket 'binding' since the cap is too tight.

Don't use the flats as a handle, they will break off. Instead I suggest wrapping two rubber bands around it, one on the glass, one on the 'thread part' of the cap. That will improve your grip enough probably. Avoid crushing, especially the plastic part (which will make it worse....). It will probably be easier hot, especially if there's condensate build up.

In the future, be sure the cap is 'just snug' (the gasket will do the rest).

OF
Worked! Didn't even have to heat it up! Your a fuckcombustion genius

Episode666

The glass threads snapped right off the stem when I was putting it back together, bummer... I had lost the gasket so I thought "extra tighty will do". Not.

Episode666,
Reactions: OF

OF

The glass threads snapped right off the stem when I was putting it back together, bummer... I had lost the gasket so I thought "extra tighty will do". Not.

Yep, that gushy gasket is a key part. Otherwise it's glass vs plastic with no mercy......guess who wins? Although we don't often think of it as such, glass is really pretty tough stuff.

OF

OF,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Just got my Joda short stem for my AA, tight as hell, I don't think it will fit. I tried it in my Solo, same thing.
2 things, I don't want to stretch out either vape, my other stems work so great in them.

Am I missing something here? I mean tight, and I'm kinda strong, has nothing to do with no being able to exert enough force, I feel like something's gonna break...

Like I said, no great loss, love stock stuff, but I'd like to see this guy work.

and @OF
Yes, OF is a Vape Superhero!

Superhans

My 'Budgie Bubbler' arrived today along with the Easyflow adapter and seems to be working well. I can now use the Air on red and take much bigger hits. My throat seemed to be getting very dry previously, probably because I'd insist on whacking it up to yellow to try to get the last out of my herb after a session on green.

Does anybody have one of these? I'm not sure if I'm using it correctly or not. Should I be removing the bubbler part after I've inhaled as a kind of carb? I've noticed a lot of vapour comes out after I inhale. And how high should I be filling it to be safe? I'm concerned drops may get into my unit as I inhale but hopefully that's paranoia.

Here's a pic for reference: http://i.imgur.com/Eo492O9.jpg

I've been wondering about the silicone sleeve since I often see it modded with holes and such to let the heater see more ambient temperature.

Seems to me that it would be better to leave it alone so it heats up faster and maintains set point with less energy, no?

I count the "warming up" blinks and it absolutely heats faster with the heater covered.

So what's the deal with the mods?

I noticed that as well. I started using the included white condom on day one and never put holes in it or modded it or anything. I then bought a black one for stealth and all I ended up cutting is about 1/4" off the bottom of it so I can unscrew and change batteries easily without interference from the condom.
Someone asked for pics...I will do so when I can and put it in this thread. OCD people will hate me for my stems :)

Just got my Joda short stem for my AA, tight as hell, I don't think it will fit. I tried it in my Solo, same thing.
2 things, I don't want to stretch out either vape, my other stems work so great in them.

Am I missing something here? I mean tight, and I'm kinda strong, has nothing to do with no being able to exert enough force, I feel like something's gonna break...

Like I said, no great loss, love stock stuff, but I'd like to see this guy work.

and @OF
Yes, OF is a Vape Superhero!

Well, you just discovered the same thing I discovered. They are tight. Mine would not go in cold. I start it, then turn the unit on and let it start heating for a minute then I slowly twist (righty tighty) and push it in.

It's feel tighter to you right now than it really is. But it is tight.

I've talked to Randy about this because after about a week, I noticed the tiniest, slightest amount of play only when inserting my stock stems. He assured me if it becomes and issue, that portion of the AIR can be replaced no worries. It's basically a gasket inside there that makes the tight connection to a stem.

JODA is aware and this and they are working on getting the diameter a hair smaller.

All that said, mine have not loosened any further and I don't think they will now. My JODA now goes in cold with a nice snug twist push. I can still play air drums without worrying my stock stems will fly out of the unit as I crash the symbal.
It's all good.

One more thing....someone mentioned the battery level indicator a few pages back... My unit displays all 5 levels. In other words, a fresh battery, it blinks blue. After one session, I'll see green. Sometimes white if the first session was heavy use. All the way to red. I've seen them all at turn on.

vapen00b

My 'Budgie Bubbler' arrived today along with the Easyflow adapter and seems to be working well. I can now use the Air on red and take much bigger hits. My throat seemed to be getting very dry previously, probably because I'd insist on whacking it up to yellow to try to get the last out of my herb after a session on green.

Does anybody have one of these? I'm not sure if I'm using it correctly or not. Should I be removing the bubbler part after I've inhaled as a kind of carb? I've noticed a lot of vapour comes out after I inhale. And how high should I be filling it to be safe? I'm concerned drops may get into my unit as I inhale but hopefully that's paranoia.

Here's a pic for reference: http://i.imgur.com/Eo492O9.jpg

Welcome to the bubbler party! Got the same setup. I put a lil more water in it, about half way up the inner air tube. But I'd say it depends totally on how strong you're gonna rip it (water will more likely splash when hitting it hard), as well as how much draw resistance you like (can be quite heavy when too full, personally I don't like it that way).

I never remove the bubbler after/while hitting (just not used to it), but I do "drink" it empty after hitting it. Like you d drink your fine wine - but just inhaling. Or in other words absorb the vapor without activating the bubbler, sip it off. From full contact to half contact - lips-wise ;)
Man, it's almost scientific - hope you get me - easy and quite tasty done :)

Enjoy your bubbler. I have a bad throat even when on blue, when w/o bubble.. with bubbler I only go on blue-max green. Taste is always top.

vapen00b

Another stressful day, hit red all night.:bang:
You ran the red light while I was kickin the brake on yellow but I'm sure we took the same nice road. Next time honk the horn when you're passing!

Usually I don't go up to yellow - but I was amazed (once again) how well the AA extracts. So I had to push it.. Used the domed screen in the micro bubbler.. After getting a lil farty roasted hits it obviously got into the deeper layers of herb and tasted amazingly good again.. Had another nice draws. The abv didn't look evenly vaped, but there still were some good looking pieces. Crazy efficient, have been vaping for like 15 mins and it was only a pinch.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Y'all don't explore all the settings?? I use from 2-7 on my Solo daily! @vapen00b don't try to judge the extraction process and efficiency solely on the color of your material! My second to last strain I had from a dispensary vaporized dark like spent coffee grounds, but the one I am finishing up now doesn't get as dark using the same grinder, drying techniques, and vaporizing methods. Herbalizer's ABV is pretty light compared to others but when you take that and try to get more out in a different vaporizer it's already all gone.....

bigtvapes

I use an f-bomb from planet vape which is the same exact thing as your budgie bubbler only way more expensive lol. Anyway that setup is exactly how I have it. I do put a touch more water in than you, but you'll come to find your own preference.

If your bubbler is set up like mine, and it appears to be, leaking won't be too much of a problem for you. You just dont want to fill the bottom part too close to the top, then it will leak in. But it should be fairly obvious if you overfilled and you're in danger of that. Im a clutz and even I havent had water back up into the vaporizer yet.

As far as how to hit it, thats all personal preference man. I personally fill up my bubbler full of vapor, then lift and clear the tube every single hit. But some people I hand it to just hit it and basically use it simply to tame the vapor. They never clear the chamber.

If I may give a piece of advice, after filling it make sure you take a napkin or piece of paper towel and dry off the female end of the bubbler before you put it over your vaporizer. If a little bit of water gets trapped in, the bubbler will be difficult to take off. If this DOES happen to you, just lightly jiggle it back and forth little and lightly pull up. Dont yank and pull too hard because the glass, while surprisingly tough, obviously has its limits.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I'm mostly a green guy with a nugget, get ten good minutes and dump. I save that ABV (as long as I don't go past green 10 minutes), and can revape later in the day at green to red. I have no issues with the heat, no sure why, maybe I'm such a sipper that it cools as I mix air in my mouth, before I shoot it down. I usually am sipping on water, coffee, or a beer or two (evenings) - icecream is almost freaky good.

The Air is efficient as you want it to be. I found with nuggets, it's so efficient and zero work. I know everybody thinks the nano is the most efficient vape, and maybe it can beat this guy (when I get better at using it), but it is hard to imagine more efficiency.

So what is this F-Bomb everybody's talkin about? I'll have to look into that.

Still afraid to ruin the great AA seal I got going by jamming my new Joda stem into the oven, might be retiring until the workout the diameter thing.

bigtvapes

So what is this F-Bomb everybody's talkin about? I'll have to look into that.

Its a bubbler like @Superhans posted about earlier on this page. It's pretty sweet. I used it first for the solo and started by taking these massive rips I didn't even know the Solo can do. I discovered that smaller, lighter hits through medium temperatures made tastier more pleasurable vapor, so I started using it that way and now I'm hooked.

The same glassware translates right to the Air so it's pretty sweet. You need an adapter to use it. Planet Vape sells the f-bomb and the adapter. But it's almost as much as the vaporizor itslef lol. The combo is $130 right now.

http://www.planetvape.ca/f-bomb-and-pvhegong-combo-for-solo.html

I can honestly tell you if moisture conditioned vapor is something that interests you this is a great piece. The 14mm F-bomb is a great fit for the Air.

I got an 18mm gong additionally right away since that connection is a bit more common with other glassware and i'm glad I did. I got a nice glass 12 inch turbine for a great price at a local headshop. With the 18mm gong I'm using the Air very comfortably with that piece and taking rips I never thought the Air could even come close to pulling off. I'm telling you, man. For sheer versatility this is a hell of a device.

507E

@Bravesst, I'm planning on purchasing a joda stem for my arizer. Should I be concerned about this damaging my seal. Are they meant to be compatible with both the solo and arizer?

Top Bottom