OF

It's gotten to the point where the underside of the screen is caked with honey oil and I can't remove it. I had to jam something up the bowl side of the stem and force the screen out, basically ruined it because the draw resistance was getting too much to handle.

Two suggestions. First off, as has been said 'do it hot'. Torch heating is one way, I do it right after a session while the stem is already warm, but in any case hotter makes it softer.

Secondly, don't punch it out from behind, it's generally a disaster as you point out. Instead I use a safety pin with a small right angle hook in the end ( bent 'straight out). Very easy to do with pliers when you heat the pin tip 'glowing red' and work fast. You can do it cold, but the hook will have to be longer (so you can get leverage) and you can break it off (so have spares).

Anyway, slide the hook down as far as you can and rotate it to poke through the mesh 'low down'. Then lift it a tiny bit. Move to a different location and pull it up a bit there. 3 or 4 such minor lifts pulls it free without any real damage.

Much better if you clean more often, of course, but where's the fun in that?

OF

OrdinaryJoe

How are the stems with the AA compared to the Solo? and what sort of mods are people doing to them to improve draw resistance? For example i think I've heard or seen on here that some people have gone ahead and broke the glass screen with the 4 holes leaving a rim that metal screens can rest easily, the domed screens above look like an excellent screen to do as such.

OrdinaryJoe,
Reactions: GetLeft

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Quiet night around here, everyone must be worn out....

This is how i unwind after a nice weekend right here...
DSC01950.2_zpscctxi5j7.jpg

Little update on the case.... The pick and pluck foam is crap. Its definitely not going to stand the test of time. Other than the foam the case rocks. Ill use this foam for a while longer and then just replace it with a better piece of foam and just cut the spots out myself.

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
Is it bad to not fully use up your AA before charging? Like can I vape 2 sessions, charge, vape 3, charge, etc?

That is absolutely fine. I'm no battery expert but far as I know the battery is under most strain when very low (below 20%) and very full up (over 80%).

Your usage method may actually be better than fully running it down every time.

The spec of these batteries are pretty tough and you don't actually need to worry about this too much.

OrdinaryJoe

I would like help. where is the best place i could purchase an Air? I saw Ebay but Idk what seller to trust and i was hoping a little less than $190. Would joining the MD be worth it? would they ship out super fast since Arizer prolly got their shit together?
Or should i just order on another vape site?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

OrdinaryJoe,

CrazyJustin

I would like help. where is the best place i could purchase an Air? I saw Ebay but Idk what seller to trust and i was hoping a little less than $190. Would joining the MD be worth it? would they ship out super fast since Arizer prolly got their shit together?

Depending on where you live, I'd recommend planetvape.ca

They have a real good discount for FC members.

CrazyJustin,

CrazyJustin

Mr.tuffyino-h-i-o

Massdrop has the Arizer Air brand new for 146$ shipped (only 15hrs lefted)... Takes a few weeks to get it though

Mr.tuffyino-h-i-o,

GetLeft

I got mine at allstarvape several weeks ago. Good cusotmer service. I think they're under 170 there at the moment.

Vapor Loop

Head's up on ebay there in process of doing away with vaporizer sales. I have noticed most of the good sellers of them on ebay also do sales on diff sites.

I know p.i.u has them on sale for $169, They also take care of warranty claims on products they sell, So if a vaporizer you purchase would normally have to be sent to another country and your in the U.s it won't.

OyVape

Head's up on ebay there in process of doing away with vaporizer sales. I have noticed most of the good sellers of them on ebay also do sales on diff sites.

I know p.i.u has them on sale for $169, They also take care of warranty claims on products they sell, So if a vaporizer you purchase would normally have to be sent to another country and your in the U.s it won't.

PIU will also match anyone's prices. Their customer service is so good it's worth supporting them whenever we can!

Vapor Loop

Have you guys heard about this little bubbler for the air?

http://www.vapefiend.co.uk/arizer-air/solo-bubbler-mouthpiece.html

Any suggestions if it worths or not the investment? :)

If in the U.s probably not, I'm waiting for somebody ANYBODY that's you retailers in the U.s to carry them. I do think these one's will stretch the unit a bit, It shouldn't be an issue if your already ok with using Planet vape stems.

I myself have only been using the stock one's, But may be willing to switch to the water one's when available.

Vapoleon

Vapoleon Bonaparte
After months and months of waiting I'll buy my Air and just thinking about buying this bubbler with it or not.

It will strech the unit really? If the answer is yes maybe the smarter decision is not to buy it and use the stock stems. Or maybe I will buy a solo long stem to get cooler vape when at home and the shorter ones when on the go.
Any other suggestions about that little bubbler ? ? ? ?
(http://www.vapefiend.co.uk/arizer-air/solo-bubbler-mouthpiece.html)
It looks so useful, its really tiny

Vapoleon,

Vapor Loop

After months and months of waiting I'll buy my Air and just thinking about buying this bubbler with it or not.

It will strech the unit really? If the answer is yes maybe the smarter decision is not to buy it and use the stock stems. Or maybe I will buy a solo long stem to get cooler vape when at home and the shorter ones when on the go.
Any other sugeestions about that little bubbler (http://www.vapefiend.co.uk/arizer-air/solo-bubbler-mouthpiece.html) It looks so useful, its really tiny

I'm not sure if those new cheaper gong's on some of the sites will or not. I got my air during the black friday sale, It came with a short, longer stem with mp and a solo stem. I can say the solo stem will %100 stretch it out and didn't even use it for a full session because i was worried. I can see the size diff just by looking at them no magnifying glass or anything.

I use the standard mp stems on 14mm glass all the time, It's not quite as good as a legit gong but get's the job done.

Vapor Loop,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hey guys! Just got my AA! So when I install the screens I just find a pen or something and shove it in til it meets the 4 holes? And how would I get it out, Just a toothpick through the holes?

And also, is there a way to stop the nug from falling out of the tube and onto the heater? I imagine all you can do is screen sandwich or pack harder.

OF

And also, is there a way to stop the nug from falling out of the tube and onto the heater? I imagine all you can do is screen sandwich or pack harder.

While I usually grind, when I use intact buds I 'push it sideways' to hold it if needed. Crushing it blocks airflow more, but wedging it in doesn't.

And you should be holding the stem upright and inverting the Air to load anyway so gravity can't get ya. Many of us take the first hit or two inverted (AKA 'hamster style') until the condensate 'glues' the herb in place, after that you can change to stem up if you want. Many WT hookups are inverted the whole time.

OF

Vapor Loop

Hey guys! Just got my AA! So when I install the screens I just find a pen or something and shove it in til it meets the 4 holes? And how would I get it out, Just a toothpick through the holes?

I stopped grinding with mine. I find the clouds to be good enough without, You also get better flavor this way, But if you want to use a grind just make sure there is a little room slightly tamp, Be sure to heat the unit first then attach stem upside down, And try to take the first draw with it tilted up.

UnshavenFish

Don't have a lot of time to type, but just wanted to say I have the vapefiend bubbler stem and mine fits into the air while cold with ease (but not too loose that it will fall out) there could be differences between each one but I'm very happy with the fit and know mine won't stretch anything.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
vapen00b,
Top Bottom