NickDlow

Log Hog
OMG THE DAY AFTER I ORDER MY ALFA.

Haha that's usually how it goes.

Well, each session is 10 minutes so you can assume around 5 or 6 sessions with a 1 hour charge. Also the ability to have charged batteries ready to go means it would last a few hours of continuous use.

Depending on bowl size my regular sessions usually last 12-15 min with other vapes (.25g of herb) and even longer if you're a "temp stepper". I understand there are other batteries on back up. I'm just expressing my personal opinion

SiDankies

I am also really exciteed to see if this has a ceramic bowl like the old Solos.
I'll never give up my ceramic bowl Solo.

@SiDankies ive been there. actually was logging on to spend way more on an inhalater when i saw pak post this thread.

Good thing you didn't wasn't a fan of the inh 05 this thing will prob blow it away.
Looks like i found myself a christmas present lol

biohacker

Fack, I wonder how limited this intro pricing will be? I want to wait for at least a little feedback before I pull the trigger, as to not go through the whole robot-fart fiasco or chipping bowl saga as in the early Solo's. Or worse, it doesn't get hot enough, or the battery life blows. It sounds more like a perfected Solo though, so maybe I will just pull the trigger!

Kudos to Arizer!

u bwade wunner

Oh man...:clap: Been really battling holding off on the crafty these past few weeks...

I kept saying to myself it's plastic boy it's plastic boy over and over to justify not buying it.:lol:

A new version of the solo was rumoured ages ago here on the forum.

I wonder if they be opened up the air path.the solo draw gave me headaches.

I emailed Arizer only a week ago to see if they had an answer to the crafty..well there ya go.just awesome Arizer.

Any pre testers out there please fill us in.Have they redesigned the heating chamber and added more airways.

I'm loving the 18650 changeout too.:tup:

Comes out at $310 to AU inc shipping

Last edited:

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I have a lot of faith in Arizer's engineers which is why I was comfortable pulling the trigger this early. I hope it lives up to my expectations :) For most vape companies i would wait a bit longer too.

I just pulled the trigger on a black unit as well. I learned the hard way to never be an early adopter of things - but I'm making an exception this time. I assume this unit is produced for Arizer by UQC (as the Solo was), and if that is the case we can expect a well engineered and reliable unit. Especially so considering that the heater design are similar; Arizer and UQC has had a lot of time and experience in optimizing this heating platform.

This unit is pretty much exactly what I have been dreaming about ever since I started reverse engineering the Solo. The Solo's heating unit powered by a single, high powered 18650 cell in a pocket friendly package. I'm hoping Arizer or PlanetVape introduces a small tube that could be easily used as a small mouthpiece instead of having to carry around full sized Solo draw tubes though.

I've placed my order and I'm hoping it gets here soon. I am in the same province as Arizer, so it doesn't have far to go. You can expect a prompt update once I have it!

exit

I learned the hard way to never be an early adopter of things - but I'm making an exception this time. I assume this unit is produced for Arizer by UQC (as the Solo was), and if that is the case we can expect a well engineered and reliable unit. This unit is pretty much exactly what I have been dreaming about ever since I started reverse engineering the Solo. The Solo's heating unit powered by a single, high powered 18650 cell in a pocket friendly package.

my thoughts exactly - feel free to try and beat me to a teardown ;)

dr demise

Hmm, could have really done with an lcd display on this. Considering every e-cig that costs anything over £30 has them, I don't think its too much to ask for from a £150 vaporizer. Also no micro usb charging? The Air seems like a bit of a pointless 'update' to the Solo imo.

dr demise,
Reactions: tripwire

SiDankies

I think this thing is going to work the exact same way as a solo with same heater and same type of bowl function. Idk why they decided to go for lower temps but its okay because 4 and 5 are high enough for me. Cant wait to see reviews on this bad boy.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I think this thing is going to work the exact same way as a solo with same heater and same type of bowl function. Idk why they decided to go for lower temps but its okay because 4 and 5 are high enough for me. Cant wait to see reviews on this bad boy.

I think that there are going to be some non-trivial differences in the heater, but it's general operation is going to stay the same. By using a single battery instead of a 2 battery pack, the Air's heater has half the available voltage potential and capacity of the Solo. I think this is going to result in a noticeably reduced runtime and Arizer is probably trying to mitigate that by lowering the temps a bit.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
This is more inline with my price range. Just in time for the holidays. I was thinking about buying myself a Crafty for Christmas. I may want to get this instead. This sure did come out of the blue. i'm really fond of Arizer as a company too.

I like the idea of rechargeable batteries as customer replaceable batteries. It like the No. 2. That's one of my fav things about the No. 2.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Hmm, could have really done with an lcd display on this. Considering every e-cig that costs anything over £30 has them, I don't think its too much to ask for from a £150 vaporizer. Also no micro usb charging? The Air seems like a bit of a pointless 'update' to the Solo imo.

LCD... to display what, exactly? The temperatures are preset. An LCD display adds to cost and complexity. I don't see the benefit.

The Solo has done quite well for Arizer but many people expressed a desire for something smaller with a battery they could swap themselves. Responding to those desires hardly seem pointless to me.

biohacker

@CentiZen did you not see the air tubes? You don't need to use the full length solo tubes. Not sure what the mouthpiece is made from though and I assume the unit includes 2 of those. Looks like plastic.

Max temp is 210c. Isn't that what solo max temp is? Am I missing something?

biohacker,
Reactions: Kief

herbivore21

Can I just say that I can't believe that Arizer have not got GonG's for the solo, and now Air. They did not answer all of our niggling little complaints about the Solo after all!

Still, this otherwise looks great, I am looking forward to seeing just how small it actually is!

Trogdor

Vapinating the peasants
Can I just say that I can't believe that Arizer have not got GonG's for the solo, and now Air. They did not answer all of our niggling little complaints about the Solo after all!

Still, this otherwise looks great, I am looking forward to seeing just how small it actually is!

air-glass-aroma-tubes.jpg

Hard to tell, but maybe they used plastic for the mouthpiece so it could be 14mm sized. That's what I'm hoping at least

Trogdor,
Reactions: NorVape
Top Bottom