• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
My girlfriend and I enjoyed a day of hammocking and Air vaping in celebration of today.

BteSt5N.jpg

I also took a slow-mo video of her hitting the f-Bomb that turned out kinda cool.

solodolo420

Good to hear everything is going well:tup: i also find it hard to believe that they could tell/prove anything but its not something with my knowledge:hmm: i could say 100% as advice to others.

If you have time it would be interesting to hear how they perform over time, in regards to heat up time, charge time and stems per charge compared to your OEM that came with your air, I'm sure there are people that would be interested (myself included)

IMO you will probably find they perform basically the same with no gain other than a few $ saved, but i really would love to be proved wrong here.

(This last bit is not aimed at you or anyone here but hope it explains why some of my advice sounds cautious at times) i heard someone say (on here i think) there is a reason McDonalds cups have "warning HOT" on them, some people need this kind of warning:rolleyes: (I'm sure you know what your doing and made an informed choice but you know the kind of people I'm talking about right? :lol:)

:clap:Happy testing:science:

I think i see the confusion, there are two water tools being talked about right now, one is @OF's and the other is something vapefiend is getting in the future, the vapefiend one is smaller like inside of a longer aa stem.

Both have my VAS or is it SAS:shrug: going though:lol:
I surprisingly haven't timed any of my batteries. I will do that though and report back to you guys! I have 3 batteries, the OEM, the ebay one and a puffitup one that I just use in a rotation and will time each one. I also use the nitecore external charger someone here posted awhile back and other than a faulty cord it works.

olivianewtonjohn

I surprisingly haven't timed any of my batteries. I will do that though and report back to you guys! I have 3 batteries, the OEM, the ebay one and a puffitup one that I just use in a rotation and will time each one. I also use the nitecore external charger someone here posted awhile back and other than a faulty cord it works.
How you hit it can affect your timed results though. I think the way @OF does it is leave the cap off and just run it in open air while timing.

Last edited:

OF

I get 4.78" high and 1.14" in diameter on my calipers.... SO what OF said :D

Hey, don't try to hang that on me (too). I didn't start it, I'm just repeating what I read on the web......

OF: does your little water tool with the PVH Gong? I Just love this little tool but my PVH Gong is just so amazing. And how are you and how was your 4/20?

Yes, I managed with two different size pieces of tubing The 'right size' could work better (one piece) by going over the outside instead.

However, once you have a PV GonG on it, R-Bomb/PNWT (or clone) becomes a good option too I think......although spilling is an issue and some of us loose focus sometimes......

Excellent weather here. Thanks for asking. Spent some time supervising in the garden. No doubt about it, spring is here. Now, if they'll only let us have some water..........

How's smoothness on the Air. Is this basically same as solo as far as performance goes?

Yup, that's my take. IMO put the same stem in each and blindfold a guy and he'll be hard pressed to tell the difference unless you let him touch.

Basically one is half size, has fewer features and runs half as long between charges. It does, also, allow for battery swapping, useful sometimes IMO. By keeping track I've only swapped once intentionally and once by accident (not as good at counting to four as I thought......it went dark several minutes into what must have been the fifth session.

Some guys get all excited about tight stem fit, I'm not one of them. Bottom line if you like one, you'll like the other. Many/most will profess a preference, but IMO the difference is swamped by strain, grind, packing, temperature step, and so on.

How you hit it can affect your timed results though. I think the way @OF does it is leave the cap off and just it in open air while timing.

Guilty. After a few trials it was the only way to get repeatable results. You get more sessions per charge, but they repeat well and the relative measure is I think valid. IIRC you get about twice the sessions as you'd normally expect (making vapor and drawing cold air in), that is 'two sessions per battery step' on Solo with top open on step 7. Normally I get one per step making vapor, give or take.

There's another way to attack battery capacity we can exploit here. We can use a USB (or similar) and a 'capacity meter' (really an integrating counter). There are several common ones around (and lots of less useful 'voltage and current' only ones), this is the one I'm using:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCD-USB-Cha...237?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item418cc51045

It displays voltage and current on the top row (current in 10mA steps) in the usual manner. Under that, however, is a running count of mAh actually delivered since last reset. In single mAh up to 20,000. There are ten memories, the button to the right of the window changes to the next one (and zero count). You can review them too, of course. They (totals) are automatically saved on power down, so the testing can continue. It's good for 3 to 7 Volts, so 5 is ideal. With it you can discharge to lock out, then measure the total capacity put in to reach cutoff at the top. Simple and it turns out pretty accurate.

With a little bit of tinkering you can rig it to measure discharges or work at other voltages.

Fun (and useful) part.

OF

6 to 9

Snaplok

I'm getting about 4-5 uses per battery and am coming to the realization that I might end up having to carry a pound in batteries and/or a way to charge them when I go backpacking on any lengthy trip. :doh: On a side note, does anyone know of a waterproof tube the Air would fit in? I have a 3 day kayak trip down the Delaware river coming up in May and what better way to travel on water than with the Air. :brow:

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Id look into Pelican cases @Snaplok Probably wont be a perfect slimline fit... But id worry less about water damage with one of these... Hell i dont think id chance anything else..

I havent looked into which one will fit the Air... But i have used the small pelican 1010 as a pipe and herb carry case for a couple of years. Taken it fishing and to the beach. Waded in the water, case submerged multiple times.... (never for too long though) But still... Never an issue.

Anyone score anything awesome on 4/20 ?? I honestly didnt see much that even tempted me this year.

I ordered a badass chillum and nug jar combo a couple/few weeks ago, but they accidentally shipped me the wrong combo set, they sent me a spoon and nug jar... SO i asked to replace it... Been waiting... And waiting.... And waiting.... Yesterday they finally sent me the tracking info for the one i originally wanted, plus i get to keep the one they sent by mistake.... PLUS they supposedly threw in ANOTHER surprise piece for free as well for the inconvenience... Hell if i knew id make out like that i would of asked them in the original order's notes to PLEASE screw up on my order HAHAHAHA!!

But i guess it is kind of like i had a 4/20 score....

Ordered
16600089004_8b1112e960.jpg

Received
16602346173_de6645ee56.jpg

Now im excited to see what the mystery surprise is...

OF

On a side note, does anyone know of a waterproof tube the Air would fit in? I have a 3 day kayak trip down the Delaware river coming up in May and what better way to travel on water than with the Air. :brow:

This is what I used for a similar application:
http://www.tapplastics.com/product/plastics/plastic_rods_tubes_shapes/tube_pak/274

A long enough piece (easy to cut the tube) of the two inch should be just the ticket. The caps are fast and quite water (and smell) tight. If you want to be sure it floats with the vape inside, test that in the bathtub?

For that mater a couple of heavy zip lock baggies would probably be effective?

Enjoy the trip.

OF

yekezil

Hi, first post and total noob!

I currently have the MFLB and Pax.
I want to get more into water filtering my vape and the Arizer Air seems nice to do this. I've been researching quite some bit and being on a budget I found this to be recommended here and there: http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/pinnacle-pro-glass-smoking-water-pipe-vaporblunt/184494946.html.

Can anyone confirm this will work with an Arizer Air? I assume I also need some kind of connector piece, a quick google search returned me a 14mm GonG. Can someone recommend me one? If possible not too expensive.

Are those 2 objects the only thing I need for an Arizer Air to start water filtering?
Also will I be able to place the Air on a surface or will it tip over, requiring me to hold the device throughout my session?

Thanks!

olivianewtonjohn

Hi, first post and total noob!

I currently have the MFLB and Pax.
I want to get more into water filtering my vape and the Arizer Air seems nice to do this. I've been researching quite some bit and being on a budget I found this to be recommended here and there: http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/pinnacle-pro-glass-smoking-water-pipe-vaporblunt/184494946.html.

Can anyone confirm this will work with an Arizer Air? I assume I also need some kind of connector piece, a quick google search returned me a 14mm GonG. Can someone recommend me one? If possible not too expensive.

Are those 2 objects the only thing I need for an Arizer Air to start water filtering?
Also will I be able to place the Air on a surface or will it tip over, requiring me to hold the device throughout my session?

Thanks!
Id get this instead unless you need portability? Way nicer IMO and a good fit for the air (sizewise think of a small redbull can)

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/d020-bubbler-hand-blown-glass-vase-perc-water/175832535.html

Or if you want a little bigger bubbler (sizewise think of a regular soda can)

http://m.dhgate.com/product/2014-new-matrix-sidecar-glass-bong-birdcage/214701656.html

Then youd just need a 18mm gong from planet vape

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Technically if you already have ANY 14mm input water tool (bubbler/bong etc) then you can just use the stem that comes with the Air that has the plastic mouthpiece. Then you dont have to worry about water sitting on top of the Air. The Air would sit on top.

I know a lot of people have had no issues.... But i paid full retail on mine and i just dont feel comfortable knowing water is sitting right on top of it. :shrug:

For the 14mm gong you can check out Puffitup or Planetvape. Both great places to shop from.

I just received 2 of the 14mm planet vape gongs myself and they are well made and work with my 14mm bong great.... But really i dont water condition much at all... I got them because i suffer from SAS and have to try them all :rofl:

OF

First off, welcome to the Forum and all the fun. I like your thinking WRT the Air.

I can confirm that WT has a 14mm connector so you can use the plastic topped stem that comes with the Air. Nothing more than the Air and that WT are needed.......well OK, you need some herb too. Be careful as others (like the bubbler recommended above are more likely 18 (or 19) mm and therefore also need either a special GonG stem or an adapter.

I'm able to stand mine up assembled, but it's kinda top heavy and therefore easy to knock over. So far that hasn't broken anything or leaked water into the vape. I also often separate them and only use the WT 'part time' in the session. Very easy to do using that WT and the stock stem.

All in all it's a $20 experiment. No matter which way you go, seriously consider the Air (or Solo), IMO a great vape everyone should consider.

Regards and best wishes.

OF

yekezil

Id get this instead unless you need portability? Way nicer IMO and a good fit for the air (sizewise think of a small redbull can)

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/d020-bubbler-hand-blown-glass-vase-perc-water/175832535.html

Or if you want a little bigger bubbler (sizewise think of a regular soda can)

http://m.dhgate.com/product/2014-new-matrix-sidecar-glass-bong-birdcage/214701656.html

Then youd just need a 18mm gong from planet vape

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions!

Does the first d020 bubbler require a 14 or 18mm gong? How can I see which ones need 14 and which ones need 18mm?

First off, welcome to the Forum and all the fun. I like your thinking WRT the Air.

I can confirm that WT has a 14mm connector so you can use the plastic topped stem that comes with the Air. Nothing more than the Air and that WT are needed.......well OK, you need some herb too. Be careful as others (like the bubbler recommended above are more likely 18 (or 19) mm and therefore also need either a special GonG stem or an adapter.

I'm able to stand mine up assembled, but it's kinda top heavy and therefore easy to knock over. So far that hasn't broken anything or leaked water into the vape. I also often separate them and only use the WT 'part time' in the session. Very easy to do using that WT and the stock stem.

All in all it's a $20 experiment. No matter which way you go, seriously consider the Air (or Solo), IMO a great vape everyone should consider.

Regards and best wishes.

OF

Thank you very much for your answers.

So I could just purchase the Air and the water tool I linked in my previous post, mount it on top and it will function? Sounds very nice, as I'd rather start out with the cheapest solution and build my way up.

Last edited by a moderator:

OF

So I could just purchase the Air and the water tool I linked in my previous post, mount it on top and it will function? Sounds very nice, as I'd rather start out with the cheapest solution and build my way up.

You're welcome, glad to help if I can.

Yes, it's that simple. And cheap. While not optimum from some angles, it'll get you started with minimum fuss and cost.

OF

olivianewtonjohn

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions!

Does the first d020 bubbler require a 14 or 18mm gong? How can I see which ones need 14 and which ones need 18mm?

Yes @OF is correct, sorry did not know you wanted the lowest cost option. Alternatively if ~$27 isnt too much you dont have to buy a 18mm gong. You could get some silicone tubing from a local brew shop for a dollar or two a foot. Place a few inches over the stock stem and you have a safe but not as elegant 18mm.

So you have a few options. I personally prefer the bubblers since you can leave it ontop and its a more chill experience. The hydrotubes are very nice as well but you cant really leave it on top so its less chill. My friend is always outside hiking, mountain biking and he loves his hydrotube since its so small and uses very little water. For home use the D020, D020-D, and FC-187 are superior IMO

GetLeft

So I've got a rambling post. Even though I have not yet partaken.

Ramble one:

I definitely have bubbler envy. I'd love to be able to add a piece. But the best thing (or perhaps the worst) about the Air for me is that now I can get right virtually any time virtually anywhere. Less than week ago, in my pre-vape days, my whole routine was effected by when I could combust without being noticed. There was definitely a stress element involved. I know, I know, so uncool to behave like that in this day and age. Love my wife and kids, but they're definitely not stoners. At least, I think they're not… Anyway, I've been so free and easy since I've had the Air that I've already misplaced it a couple of times. Couldn't remember where I'd last vaped. I'm thinking that a bubbler, while I know I'll get one at some point for those times I don't have to be concerned with stealth, would bog me down a little. I'm thinking I'll hold off until that one piece micro bubbler shows up.

Ramble two:

I just know that my Air buzz is cleaner and less intrusive than the buzz I got with my one hit combustion tool. I have yet to get a "gosh I'm too high what was that I just thought who said that I don't remember where is the couch" kind of feeling. While I knew how to manage my bud, I admit that sometimes control was out of my hands. So I figured I'd check out cannabinoid combustion temps and match them up with the Air temps out of curiosity. What cannabinoids was I consuming during combustion that I'm not getting while vaping?

I'm the furthest thing there is from a scientist. But I found a list of cannabinoids and their boiling points. It looks like this is what I'm not getting with the Air that I was getting a week ago:

quercetin, carbon monoxide & smoke tars, pulegone, THCV, CBC, naphthalene, α-terpineol.

And these are avoided by not vaping at the Air's highest settings (which I haven't done yet):

borneol, terpineol-4-ol

From what I can tell, somewhere in there are the culprits of too-stonedness.

Ramble three:

I've read a lot here about the variable effects of grind on vaping. So far, I've had nice results simply ripping off smallish pieces of bud and filling the stem around half way. Tamping it in just enough to keep it from falling down into the heater. I've gotten nice, even, complete vaporization with no stirring. If I grind, I assume that means I'll have to tamp it in nice and tight in order to keep it from falling down into the heater?

Done ! )

UnshavenFish

Then you would have to see my face :puke: It ain't pretty:freak:
Don't think i could cope with disturbing so many peoples sleep:lmao:

Milky glass vids are something that are on my list :tup:...but so is filling up the fish tank that has sat for 2+years in my spare room:rolleyes:...one day...one day

LongIslandmom

So I'm going to Jazz Fest next week because I just got to do my thing.

Do I need an extra battery or is it eough if I just charge it every night? I have a little bubbler in nola for the evenings but at the fair grounds I will be using the little stems.

I can't even figure out where an extra battery goes. And everyone wants that easy flow bubbler!!

OF

Do I need an extra battery or is it eough if I just charge it every night? I have a little bubbler in nola for the evenings but at the fair grounds I will be using the little stems.

I can't even figure out where an extra battery goes. And everyone wants that easy flow bubbler!!

It depends (doesn't it always). A full battery at normal temperatures and draw rates should be over 50 minutes, five sessions. I stop charging about 10% early (say 5 minutes run time?) and often restart a session for a few more hits. I can count on four sessions for sure (provided I don't loose count.....). That's close to a gram if you don't dally, is that enough?

The bottom cap unscrews to change batteries.

While guys show lots of interest for stuff that's not here yet, I'm not sure any bubbler (let alone that one) for everyone. Nor are they an 'all the time' thing for most I think? Time will tell. Frankly I'm more worried about the obvious copy of the PVHES grooves and notches. I wonder if Arizer has a patent that covers the US?

OF

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
I guess it just depends on your usage. I wouldnt leave the house without an extra couple batteries personally.

If you have the sheath/sleeve for the Air, the 2 smaller side pockets fit spare batteries or stems. But be careful... The velcro stops sticking and the nylon rips pretty easily... At least on mine it did.

I really like using the storacell battery storage case that Lazy Lightning posted about a couple/few pages back. I keep a 14mm gong, 70mm stem with mouthpiece, and 2 spare bats in it now.

Also.. Unrelated but interesting, i wear Tru-spec 24/7 or 5.11 pants pretty much exclusively, but on the tru-specs the Air fits perfectly in the flashlight pocket. Then i just drop the battery/stem case into a side cargo pocket.

Will B. Good

Vapesperado
Hi guys, my Air arrived. Somehow I was under the impression that you could use it pass through. Does anybody know how much battery is used when connected to the PA? Also, are there any boot issues like the Solo? In case I need to know the reset procedure.

OF

Hi guys, my Air arrived. Somehow I was under the impression that you could use it pass through. Does anybody know how much battery is used when connected to the PA? Also, are there any boot issues like the Solo? In case I need to know the reset procedure.

No, as we've discussed the charger can only supply a bit under half the needed power. That's why you can discharge the battery in under an hour but it takes over two to recharge. Magic free zone you know. IIRC you need a bit over 7 minutes charging to finish a session plugged in (not that that's a nice thing to do to the battery, it's flat dead again....). Nothing you can do from the outside will change that.

There is no PA, only a charger which can supply a bit less than .8 Amps (four Watts) through the charge circuit. The Air needs, on average, around ten Watts. But it also needs closer to 20 Watts (peak) to make temperature for the first minute or so, then power needs drop down to maintain temperature.

To reboot it, remove the battery then put it back.

OF

Top Bottom