Justpassedu

@Justpassedu how does that stem stack up to the stock ones for vapor cooling?
It runs pretty cool but since it's free airflow and you have to bump the temp up a notch to heat it better there are times you can feel some warm air coming through. A few hits in though once the chamber is warm you can bump the temp back down a notch and have a nice cool session. I never had a session were vapor was ever to warm or harsh , running on the highest temp through water was great and yellow and green without water I never found it being harsh for me. Maybe my 1st packing using it I felt a slight difference compared to stock but I was very quick to adapt to it and it felt natural every session after .

the_huge_cloudz

*haze artist 4 life*
peace, love and respect out 2 the fc-community. Thanx 4 all your infos, reviews and hints. I have spend quite some time here …

And waited until I might have something helpful to add. Some of you still seem to be looking for the best way to milk out the air with a watertoy …

I got my air beginning of this year and at first I had the same problem. The vapor was okay, but not really thick. I`m a heavy user and wanted big bong rips like back in the dayz. Just with clean glass ...:love:
Then I saw a video here (blue eyed rip … or something like that) and was deeply impressed. So I started some further investigation and found out that some of the high-end desktop vapes need a while till they are heated. So maybe it was all about the technique?! I did some testing and this is what I came up with.

How to really milk out your air:

1. Heat up on red
2. Prepare your material and load the GonG.
3. When heated, insert GonG and place the Air on your bong/bubbler. Then …
4. WAIT! WAIT! WAIT! For at least 2-4 minutes. If you wait longer, the vapor will even be thicker.
5. Hit.
6. Heat/Wait.
7. Hit. And so on.

A digital clock is helpful to keep the minutes … if you ain't got one around - don't worry. Be patient after inserting the GonG and soon the accumulated resin will start to blur.

My favourite setup:
Air
Standard 18mm GonG (from verdampftnochmal)
FourTwenty Blue Scientific bong, 37 cm (Double honeycomb + turbo-wheel)

Don't forget: Vapor density depends on watertool and repective airflow. My other bong (Magicglass Moonwalker Superkick) is larger and hasn't got any perc. Due to that the vapor isn't as thick as in the one mentioned above … You all know the theories about draw restriction going around here :myday:. But it works fine for smooth large hits.

And if you want more flavor - begin your session on green, but preheat nevertheless.

Depends on when you start your first hit, you should manage to get 3-6 huge clouds from one load in the left time. Of course, you can go for a back2back session if you want more. But one learns to pack the right amount pretty fast. It's actually just using the air slightly differently, so get used to shorter, but harder sessions.

I highly appreciate the enthusiasm that is put in here and people sharing their knowledge. Keep it up. If I find the time, I might shoot a video in the coming dayz …

I hope you'll enjoy the huge cloudz.

Last edited by a moderator:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
On PIU those are @Ed's TnT wooden stems and WonGs. He said he was working on that. I didn't see any GonGs unless I missed it. That could be what you meant.;)

EDIT
Thanks for pointing that out, I see that now. $18.99 is a very good price for the GonG. That's awesome! Those wood stems are awesome too!

Last edited:

subway13029

I dont know if im overstepping my boundaries butif u want an air stem I would wait for it to be on his website to ensure its the right fit..as I know they are for ssale on puffitup but would contact ed himself for better advice on what to do..

CarolKing

You could give Ed a PM. Im glad he's making a separate WonG for the Air. All the other glass fits both the Air and the Solo, but not so with the wood.

I tried using my WonG with the Air that I have for the Solo and it worried me that it might stretch the bowl area out. I might have been overly careful but I don't want to take any chances. It was a pretty tight fit but it looked awesome. it can be used as a mouthpiece as well as a WonG.
Here's a pic. This is a 3 inch WonG with a turquoise inlay. It's a special order.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Will the "Solo-Air-Gong" fit the AA sweetly, or is it going to traumatize the rubber rings beyond recovery, ILTK? :uhh:

stark1,

CarolKing

The GonG is new at PIU and I see they just have the 14mm size I didn't see 18mm. Did I miss it? It's advertised to fit the Air but will fit the Solo too? I will be anxious to see how it works.

Last edited:
CarolKing,

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
The GonG is new at PIU and I see they just have the 14mm size I didn't see 18mm. Did I miss it? It's advertised to fit the Air but will fit the Solo too. I will be anxious to see how it works.

No worries CK, I Talked to Randy last week. .....
Mine will be here today. I will report back on how It performs on the Air AND the Solo. Possibly making a vid. If anyone has any questions ill be here. Pretty sure it will work like PV standard non carbed ground glass GonG.

solodolo420

IntelliCharger i4 costs only $16.19 — i2 would also be a fine choice

Works absolutely fantastic and feels good on the wallet. I couldn't bring myself to spend $45 clams on the Arizer charger. :tup:

61AkXEa0tpL._SL1000_.jpg
So with using the search function I stumbled upon this third party external charger that was mentioned awhile ago. Well I decided to give it a try and thought I would give my thoughts.
It works, when the cord is in properly. It's always losing power, it has to be held in a certain position otherwise it will not be on. It's really inconvenient and frustrating but it does work when it does decide to power on.

solodolo420,
Reactions: OF

subway13029

Ok so im kind of at a confused crossroad..I fully charged my air last night and had a nice session this morning..not even full maybe 7 min. And when I got off work I loaded my vortex as normal and was taking my normal vapes to the head while listening to 1010 xl sports radio and I was mid session and looked down and the bottom light was red and then the top one was purple and I was like huh and I changed the temp and it went back there the regular temp lights but bottom was red:-( any clue?

subway13029,

photobooth

FWIW I've been using my standard PVHE 18mm GonG (that I originally bought for my Solo) with my Air since receiving it and haven't noticed any issues with the retaining rings loosening up/getting damaged. I'm always careful/gentle when inserting/removing from the Air

CarolKing

I haven't personally had any problems with the Solo glass mouthpieces /GonGs pieces in my Air. My wooden pieces are too tight. Glad Ed decided to make some Air wooden mouth pieces separate from the Solo.

@subway13029 Does your unit heat up with the battery you were using at all? You should be able to get almost 5 full - 10 min. sessions on a completely full battery.

CarolKing,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

OF

So with using the search function I stumbled upon this third party external charger that was mentioned awhile ago. Well I decided to give it a try and thought I would give my thoughts.
It works, when the cord is in properly. It's always losing power, it has to be held in a certain position otherwise it will not be on. It's really inconvenient and frustrating but it does work when it does decide to power on.

I think you'll find it's a cable not 'power bank' issue. As we've discussed several times, Air uses the same size (4mm) connector at five Volts as Solo uses at 12 V. For safety sake, the Air one is longer. You need about 12mm of tip, not the more common 10mm, for reliable connection. Sometimes you can shave enough plastic off to make it work OK.

TxZzukM.jpg

That would be the factory Air charger connector on top, a correct diameter but too short cable from EBay in the center, the modified one (which works fine) on the bottom. On the right is the ring cut off.

Any of the many USB cables suggested by other members should work. Lots of links in this thread.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Darb

subway13029

It got to full temp and I looked down mid session on full battery and saw a purple and red light?

subway13029,

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Just got the GonG from Puffitup, a few initial findings:

1. Glass bowl thickness is about the same as a regular stem, maybe even slightly thicker, slightly I say because it looks that way to my untrained eye.
2. Made by namaste vapes
3. It slides right in, not a tight fit at all in the SOLO or Air. I have been using PV GonGs in my Air so im not sure if the rings have been stretched. It falls out of my Arizer Air if I turn it upside down and wiggle slightly. We can find out the proper fit from a member who gets this adapter and hasn't used stems other than what the Air came with. Im sure this is done purposely as to NOT stretch the rings out sooner rather than later.
4. Ground Glass joint is very well executed.
5. Holes in the stem pathway are pretty good sized. Two of the four holes are very close to the sides, touching even, while the other two are closer to the center. It feels llike it tapers in a bit, so the bottom of the bowl seems smaller then a standard stem.
6. The box it comes in is a good storage for it. Black Foam with GonG shape cutt out.

Its basically like a PV standard non carbed 14mm Ground Glass GonG with out roll stops.

Trying it out tonight.

Last edited:

solodolo420

I think you'll find it's a cable not 'power bank' issue. As we've discussed several times, Air uses the same size (4mm) connector at five Volts as Solo uses at 12 V. For safety sake, the Air one is longer. You need about 12mm of tip, not the more common 10mm, for reliable connection. Sometimes you can shave enough plastic off to make it work OK.

TxZzukM.jpg

That would be the factory Air charger connector on top, a correct diameter but too short cable from EBay in the center, the modified one (which works fine) on the bottom. On the right is the ring cut off.

Any of the many USB cables suggested by other members should work. Lots of links in this thread.

OF
I guess I am a little confused, what do those cables have to do with that external charger?

solodolo420,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom