The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

Tranquility

Trump LEADS Hillary In National Poll One Week Before Election

:bang:
I think the dynamic has shifted and the momentum is on the side of Trump. But, Clinton has a well-funded machine with some high-priced talent who are working the inside baseball aspects of the Electoral College and the so-called battleground states. Unless Trump wins big in the popular vote, I still think Clinton is going to win at the Electoral college.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
This has been a shit show since last Friday. I am very troubled with the way the FBI handled this situation way back from July. The Democrats will be lucky if Trump doesn't win with all the backtracking because of that weirdo Anthony Weiner. This is too close to an election. This is not the right way to go about policy for democracy in America. Something doesn't smell right to me.

I really question James Comey's motives and actions in this whole mess.

Edit
If Hillary would have been under a cloud of having been charged with a crime she would have had to step down from the election. Bernie would have been the nominee. He would have won against Trump. I'm still happy with the way I voted - I voted for Hillary. The thought of Trump winning is giving me anxiety. @grokit your posts are adding to that. Just commenting not angry or anything.

I don't want to switch presidents from Obama. I don't want him to leave.
I can imagine going from Obama to Trump. :evil:It's just too much for me to comprehend. I do better when I'm in denial. I'm going to need to go shopping for some hard core cannabis this weekend I think.:leaf::science:

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Liberal News, Conservative News, and Fake News
by Nancy LeTourneau
November 2, 2016 12:13 PM

The political polarization in our country was fueled in large part by the advent of networks like Fox News and other right wing media sites – which had the effect of convincing a lot of people that our media could be split into “liberal news” and “conservative news.” As Julian Sanchez pointed out a few years ago, that led to what he called epistemic closure.

One of the more striking features of the contemporary conservative movement is the extent to which it has been moving toward epistemic closure. Reality is defined by a multimedia array of interconnected and cross promoting conservative blogs, radio programs, magazines, and of course, Fox News. Whatever conflicts with that reality can be dismissed out of hand because it comes from the liberal media, and is therefore ipso facto not to be trusted. (How do you know they’re liberal? Well, they disagree with the conservative media!)​

To that mix, we’ve now seen the addition of a third category that has been fueled by the existence of social media…fake news. Right now one of the only people who is talking about that is Brian Stelter. He highlighted the issue this weekend.

Have you noticed any of these fake news stories on your Facebook feed? I sure have. I follow one Trump supporter who regularly posts them. But recently someone who has always seemed to be pretty reasonable posted a story that sounded a bit fishy to me. So I checked it out. It had to do with Michelle Obama’s mother, Marian Robinson, collecting a lifetime pension of $160,000 from the U.S. government for taking care of the first daughters while the family was in the White House. Turns out, the story was a complete fake and comes from a fake news site called the Boston Tribune. Take a look at what pops up when you google “Marian Robinson $160,000 pension.” By now the top response is the Snopes article debunking the story. But from there you see the intricate web of sites that feed on this kind of nonsense.

Stelter doesn’t point to any fake news sites that promote lies benefiting liberals. Perhaps they exist – but I have yet to see one. Sometimes the stories they promote don’t have an obvious conservative bias, like the one where “a fake news site exacerbated Hurricane Matthew fears by claiming that looters were involved in a massive deadly shootout in Daytona Beach.”

So the question becomes, who is behind these fake news sites and what are they trying to accomplish? Interestingly enough, it was similar fake news stories about a chemical spill in St. Mary Parish, Louisiana and an Ebola outbreak in Atlanta that caught the eye of Adrian Chen.

Who was behind all of this? When I stumbled on it last fall, I had an idea. I was already investigating a shadowy organization in St. Petersburg, Russia, that spreads false information on the Internet. It has gone by a few names, but I will refer to it by its best known: the Internet Research Agency. The agency had become known for employing hundreds of Russians to post pro-Kremlin propaganda online under fake identities, including on Twitter, in order to create the illusion of a massive army of supporters; it has often been called a “troll farm.” The more I investigated this group, the more links I discovered between it and the hoaxes. In April, I went to St. Petersburg to learn more about the agency and its brand of information warfare, which it has aggressively deployed against political opponents at home, Russia’s perceived enemies abroad and, more recently, me.​

If you haven’t already read his report titled “The Agency,” you should certainly do so. I doubt he would suggest that all of these fake news accounts we’re seeing pop up on social media are being coordinated by Russia. But understanding their goal in this kind of propaganda gives us an idea of the motives. It’s all about disruption. Neil MacFarquhar, who has reported on how these techniques have been used for the same purposes in other countries, describes it like this:

Although the topics may vary, the goal is the same, Mr. Lindberg and others suggested. “What the Russians are doing is building narratives; they are not building facts,” he said. “The underlying narrative is, ‘Don’t trust anyone.’”​

Beyond that, the danger of this kind of thing is reminiscent of this quote from Voltaire:

In other words, it’s time to start fact-checking your friends on Facebook.

grokit

well-worn member
It's the dnc's fault we're in this mess :2c:

"...the deep state has turned on Hillary Clinton and will unveil damning evidence in the next few days that will end the Clintons' reign of terror over America and collapse her bid for the presidency. The mainstream media, of course, will never report this news for the simple reason that they are the propaganda arm of the criminal Clinton cartel. Even if she were to win by stealing the election, she would be so mired in criminal investigations and political illegitimacy that she would rip the nation to shreds while fighting for her own political survival. The criminal racket of the Clintons is about to implode. The participants will be charged under the RICO Act for "racketeering" activities, for which ample evidence already exists."

America-American-Flag.jpg

My fellow Americans, we are watching history unfold before us with such sound and fury that we are likely to never witness comparable events again in our lifetime. As of today, I am now convinced that the deep state has turned on Hillary Clinton and will unveil damning evidence in the next few days that will end the Clintons' reign of terror over America and collapse her bid for the presidency.

The mainstream media, of course, will never report this news for the simple reason that they are the propaganda arm of the criminal Clinton cartel. As such, they will lie to the public to the bitter end, even as the Clinton Titanic sinks with all of them on board (in deep, frigid waters, no less, with no more lifeboats to be found).

The so-called "deep state" -- the powerful insiders who really run the intelligence services and inner layers of untouchable bureaucracy -- has decided Hillary Clinton is too damaged to defend any longer. Even if she were to win by stealing the election, she would be so mired in criminal investigations and political illegitimacy that she would rip the nation to shreds while fighting for her own political survival.

It has now been decided, I believe, that Hillary Clinton will be taken out of power by releasing criminally damaging emails which have long been held by the NSA and FBI. This will likely happen before the coming weekend. Once that is accomplished, the next goal will be to wait for President Trump to take office, then destroy the U.S. economy through a controlled, global debt collapse so that Trump can be blamed for the near collapse of western economies. (Remember: The deep state isn't pro-Trump. They're still all about defending the establishment. But Hillary is one bridge too far for even the statists to stomach...)

Instead of allowing Hillary Clinton to take power and destroy America from the top, in other words, deep state power brokers have reverted to "Plan B" which is to let Trump take the White House, then destroy America through the controlled demolition of its currency and economy. This is simpler than it sounds. Bringing down the debt pyramid of a nation carrying nearly $20 trillion in national debt isn't exactly rocket science. All they have to do is stand back and stop manipulating the markets and stop printing new money for a few months while raising interest rates. Monetary gravity will do the rest...

In the mean time, Hillary Clinton and a long list of her co-conspirators are going to find themselves charged with obstruction of justice, lying under oath, destruction of evidence, conspiracy, corruption and other serious charges that will lead to serious prison time for many.

The criminal racket of the Clintons is about to implode. The participants will be charged under the RICO Act for "racketeering" activities, for which ample evidence already exists...

yeah yeah, shoot the messenger

:myday:

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Liberal News, Conservative News, and Fake News
by Nancy LeTourneau
November 2, 2016 12:13 PM

The political polarization in our country was fueled in large part by the advent of networks like Fox News and other right wing media sites – which had the effect of convincing a lot of people that our media could be split into “liberal news” and “conservative news.” As Julian Sanchez pointed out a few years ago, that led to what he called epistemic closure.

One of the more striking features of the contemporary conservative movement is the extent to which it has been moving toward epistemic closure. Reality is defined by a multimedia array of interconnected and cross promoting conservative blogs, radio programs, magazines, and of course, Fox News. Whatever conflicts with that reality can be dismissed out of hand because it comes from the liberal media, and is therefore ipso facto not to be trusted. (How do you know they’re liberal? Well, they disagree with the conservative media!)​

To that mix, we’ve now seen the addition of a third category that has been fueled by the existence of social media…fake news. Right now one of the only people who is talking about that is Brian Stelter. He highlighted the issue this weekend.

Have you noticed any of these fake news stories on your Facebook feed? I sure have. I follow one Trump supporter who regularly posts them. But recently someone who has always seemed to be pretty reasonable posted a story that sounded a bit fishy to me. So I checked it out. It had to do with Michelle Obama’s mother, Marian Robinson, collecting a lifetime pension of $160,000 from the U.S. government for taking care of the first daughters while the family was in the White House. Turns out, the story was a complete fake and comes from a fake news site called the Boston Tribune. Take a look at what pops up when you google “Marian Robinson $160,000 pension.” By now the top response is the Snopes article debunking the story. But from there you see the intricate web of sites that feed on this kind of nonsense.

Stelter doesn’t point to any fake news sites that promote lies benefiting liberals. Perhaps they exist – but I have yet to see one. Sometimes the stories they promote don’t have an obvious conservative bias, like the one where “a fake news site exacerbated Hurricane Matthew fears by claiming that looters were involved in a massive deadly shootout in Daytona Beach.”

So the question becomes, who is behind these fake news sites and what are they trying to accomplish? Interestingly enough, it was similar fake news stories about a chemical spill in St. Mary Parish, Louisiana and an Ebola outbreak in Atlanta that caught the eye of Adrian Chen.

Who was behind all of this? When I stumbled on it last fall, I had an idea. I was already investigating a shadowy organization in St. Petersburg, Russia, that spreads false information on the Internet. It has gone by a few names, but I will refer to it by its best known: the Internet Research Agency. The agency had become known for employing hundreds of Russians to post pro-Kremlin propaganda online under fake identities, including on Twitter, in order to create the illusion of a massive army of supporters; it has often been called a “troll farm.” The more I investigated this group, the more links I discovered between it and the hoaxes. In April, I went to St. Petersburg to learn more about the agency and its brand of information warfare, which it has aggressively deployed against political opponents at home, Russia’s perceived enemies abroad and, more recently, me.​

If you haven’t already read his report titled “The Agency,” you should certainly do so. I doubt he would suggest that all of these fake news accounts we’re seeing pop up on social media are being coordinated by Russia. But understanding their goal in this kind of propaganda gives us an idea of the motives. It’s all about disruption. Neil MacFarquhar, who has reported on how these techniques have been used for the same purposes in other countries, describes it like this:

Although the topics may vary, the goal is the same, Mr. Lindberg and others suggested. “What the Russians are doing is building narratives; they are not building facts,” he said. “The underlying narrative is, ‘Don’t trust anyone.’”​

Beyond that, the danger of this kind of thing is reminiscent of this quote from Voltaire:

In other words, it’s time to start fact-checking your friends on Facebook.
pQXng9j.jpg

VAPORIZE before we blow up the planet!

CarolKing

I was looking on natural news.com website @grokit and it seems like a lot of anti democrat ideas. It had an article about a university making up information about global warming. It looked like a to "prepare for the end" website. The above article looks scary. I wanted to check to see where it came from.

There are some unstable folks that take what Trump says too literally I'm afraid.

Edit
I guess if Trump gets to be president I will have to build a bunker. Agreed pretty sleazy about Donna Brazille @steama. She lost a great job with CNN, unforetunately for her.

There are some internet sites that are filled with myths and fairy tales. Some just really whacked out ideas that people actually believe. Anybody can post anything. Look at us here.:lol:

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Look What Trump Inspires
by Martin Longman
November 2, 2016 2:28 PM

Mississippi is burning again. A historic black church in Greenville was set ablaze last night. The arsonist spray-painted “Vote Trump” on an outside wall. Meanwhile, the Clinton campaign has cancelled scheduled events in Iowa after a Trump supporter ambushed and killed two Des Moines police officers. On October 14th, he was asked to leave a high school football game because he was waving a Confederate Flag at black fans during the national anthem. He even explained himself:

nationalanthem.jpg

His neighbors say that he put a Trump/Pence sign in his front yard shortly after the confrontation at the game.

CwRC2tJVMAAzUFR.jpg:small

Grant Rodgers @GrantMRodgers

Neighbor tells me that shooting suspect Scott Michael Greene put this Trump sign in his yard approx 2 weeks ago.​

His daughter says that “He was also a loving father grandfather and the greatest man I know. He was very very sick mentally. Evil succumbed him and he made the up worst mistake. Now he will have to live with that for the rest of his life. But I will never turn my back on this man.”

No doubt he is suffering from mental health problems. But, without being incited by right-wing campaign rhetoric, he wouldn’t have brought a Confederate Flag to a football game to protest kneeling during the national anthem, gone home and put up a Trump sign, and then ambushed and killed two police officers.

It’s ironic that he killed the very people whose honor he set out to protect, but who can explain mental illness?

Were the Mississippi church burners also mentally ill? I suppose that’s a legal term of art, right?

Weak-minded people filled with rage is what I call them. They are being led by a man who wants to be our president.

grokit

well-worn member
... it seems like a lot of anti democrat.
:uhh: There's a lot of that going around lately. Just reporting the news.

Imo he's more anti-bs than he is pro-trump.

Some people believe Trump is a deliberate distraction... maybe even a double agent... who's actually seeking to put Clinton into office. But I think that's a stretch. In my assessment, Trump shares the kind of "sick and tired" wake-up call that millions of other Americans are also experiencing. I think he's just fed up with the total incompetence of bad government, the tragically horrible diplomacy of the Obama regime (Iran deal, anyone?) and the criminality of the Clinton regime in particular. The fact that there are still Democrats on the left who support Hillary Clinton -- one of the most monstrous criminal politicians to ever occupy high public office in America -- just shows you how far gone this country already is.

My guess is that Trump just wants to fight for America's interests and help prevent the nation from descending into "full retard" status. But what happens if Trump actually gets elected? That's a real wild card. Trump is used to barking orders to employees, not working the plodding, elaborate machinery of Washington's politics. He's not a "you pat my back and I'll pat yours" kind of guy. He's more like a, "You do what I say or I'll kick you in the balls" persona. He's the Hulk Hogan of politics, if you will. But is it all scripted like pro wrestling? There's no way to know...

http://www.naturalnews.com/050682_Donald_Trump_American_revolt_radical_change.html

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
I wonder who's the biggest cheater? Lance Armstrong or Hillary Clinton?
I'm going with drumpf on this one. He cheats on his taxes, he cheats on his wives, he cheats contractors out of paying them, he cheated his way out of the draft, and he probably cheated his way through school.

That's not to say that the other two are excused, cheating in war, politics and/or bike races :suspicious:

harleyblamessociety1.gif

41897738.jpg

Last edited:

CarolKing

I haven't lost hope that Hillary won't win. It's just going to be a tighter race than eveyone had hoped. I have no problem with Tim Kaine as president if something happens. Far better than a Trump presidency or if Trump was impeached and a Pence presidency.

Really a lot at stake regarding the Supreme Court and a crazy president. With everything going on with North Korea alone. It's a scary thought. Trump will not be able to keep his mouth shut. He is physically unable to keep his emotions in check when he is in a difficult situation. He resorts to name calling and blaming.

Being president requires more skills than Trump has in his arsenal.

The Late Show with Stephen Colbert | Facebook
Facebook › colbertlateshow
http://colbertlateshow.com/ ... The Late Show with Stephen Colbert · 18 hrs ·. Only 7 days left until the election. Just enough time to tell your family you love them and make peace with your God(s).

Edit
I really like Rachel Maddow's show. She's funny, smart and has a great and knowledgeable show that helps me not feel quite so stressed. CNN is stressing me out.

Come on Donald Trump, do something stupid. He's been doing a pretty good job staying on script. Comey gave him a lot to work with. I really hope Comey doesn't come up with a bombshell about Hillary right before the election as @grokit 's article was saying. The American people really do have a case of being duped if that happens. A little too convenient for the republicans for my taste.

This GrapeApe in my Enano isn't bad either.;pd;:leaf:

Last edited:

Tranquility

I wonder who's the biggest cheater? Lance Armstrong or Hillary Clinton? It's gotta be close.
The saddest part is that both politicians and athletes have LOTS of cheaters. It's just that the examples mentioned brought things to a new level.

How sad for us that some still feel them heroes.

I'm going with drumpf on this one. He cheats on his taxes, he cheats on his wives, he cheats contractors out of paying them, he cheated his way out of the draft, and he probably cheated his way through school.
I have paid particular attention to the tax issue because of special expertise and I have not found a credible report of Trump being a tax cheat. The main accusation has to do with a complex strategy to strip debt without getting income (Don't ask. There are a lot of wheels in the scheme.) that has since been made illegal by statute. That amount was open to audit for each year the loss was taken. Trump has been audited in many years where the loss was subject to audit. The IRS did not determine it to be an error.

As to "cheating" contractors, are we saying that anyone who goes bankrupt has cheated all they owed before discharge? Our legal system is set up to encourage people to take risks. Trump has set up corporations and businesses with the intent to make money. Some did not. Some had less assets than liabilities and no realistic way to change that around and had to go BK or otherwise not pay. In those situations, Trump usually lost some cheddar as well. (The "risk" portion earlier.) Is there any allegation he went into the business with the intent to deprive contractors?

The draft issue started ( http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/article/2015/jul/21/was-trump-draft-dodger/ ) with:
Ronald Kuby, a criminal and civil rights lawyer and talk show host, appeared on WABC-AM in New York City on July 15, 2015, three days before Trump made his controversial comments. Kuby highlighted the multiple student deferments Trump received, and how he finally got a medical exemption that staved off the draft.

Trump "was a Vietnam draft dodger," Kuby said.

We asked Kuby what he meant and he explained, "I use the term broadly to mean anyone who took advantage of deferments to avoid being drafted."​
That seems far from cheating.

That leaves us with wives and probably. Since I think most of us may have looked over on the sheet next to us on a test at some point, I'll leave "probably" alone. Wives? Yea. We've had 16 years with people in charge who have not been alleged to be dogs. How's that working out for us?

Last edited:

gangababa

I haven't lost hope that Hillary won't win. ...

Women will be the salvation of us-all!
The cognitive dissonance that develops due to attempts to hold together mutually exclusive values, logic and factual claims, must eventually lead to a "does not compute" clarity.
The result is either unprincipled martial reaction, anger and lashing out; the mental illness of wall building defensiveness*.
Or the humanity of the feminine rises**; love, hugs and the acceptance of others rejects the politics of meanness and me-only-ness. The power of the mother, the power of creation is the opposite of war, not peace.

* results in flawed polling
**runs from a flawed future

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
@OldNewbie - Count me in as another person who thinks each person, regardless of wealth, is entitled to 'legally' use the tax code to their best advantage. That includes using losses to offset taxes for current and future year's earnings. Anyone who has owned/invested in stocks is likely to have worked that angle unless they are batting a 1000.

I also think Drumpf was fond of borrowing money for his enterprises and then declaring bankruptcy when they didn't pan out. Great way to manage his own risk reward profile. Many do it and again ....completely legal.

What I do take offense to is his not releasing his taxes with that BS excuse of an audit because that's what it is....BS. I also take offense to weaseling out on the contractors....it wasn't due to bankruptcy. These are not illegal events but these smell bad.

Last edited:

Baron23

The NUKE that brought down the democratic party (including Hillary)...

Donna-700x393.jpg

The 'Number One Game Player's' 'Cheater Agent #1' the illusory Donna Brazile. Fucking beyond sleazy and exactly what the Bernie Supporters were saying all along. I'm not surprised Hillary was being slipped the questions to the debates since the primaries. A complete disgrace and how could it not be a disqualifier?

I'm feeling a little queasy, please excuse me while I vomit chunks of red, white, and blue.

:haw:
What I love the most is with emails in hand, she is still denying, denying, denying. I guess she figures wait a couple of news cycles and everybody will forget about it. She's probably right, shame of it.

grokit

well-worn member
It's funny...

Everyone I know that leans blue, thinks my third-party vote was a vote for drumpf.

While everybody I know that leans red, thinks my write-in vote was a vote for killary.

Which means I did the right thing!

Fuck taking sides, when both candidates are asswipes from hell that don't give a shit about US.

Last edited:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
when both sides are asswipes from hell that don't give a shit about US.

Well I'm one of those asswipes(and yes i do use TP and wipe my ass, don't you?) who needs to ask why you had to throw away a vote and thus support trump.
:D

(kiddin' around 'cause no matter what you gotta do what you feel is right)

grokit

well-worn member
Well I'm one of those asswipes(and yes i do use TP and wipe my ass, don't you?) who needs to ask why you had to throw away a vote and thus support trump.
:D

(kiddin' around 'cause no matter what you gotta do what you feel is right)
I get your point, & fixed it with an edit :tup:

Fuck taking sides, when both candidates are asswipes from hell that don't give a shit about US.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I get your point, & fixed it with an edit :tup:

It doesn't matter who our next president is!
Congress and the Senate (with some lobbyist) are calling the shots.

The PRESIDENT is COSMETIC!

ataxian,
Reactions: grokit
Top Bottom