The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

grokit

well-worn member
edit:
The watergate comparison is appropriate imo, with basic differences like computer hacking versus physical breaking and entering. Those plumbers were a nasty bunch, but everyone seems nasty now!

:uhoh:
Clinton’s unfavorable rating hits new high in poll

MW-EZ107_clinto_20161031152921_ZH.jpg

Hillary Clinton arrives in Cleveland, Ohio, on Monday.

Sixty percent of voters view Hillary Clinton unfavorably, according to a ABC News/Washington Post poll released Monday morning, the highest level of unpopularity yet for the Democratic presidential nominee.

Her Republican opponent Donald Trump is seen unfavorably by essentially as many, 58%. Overall, the race for president is heading down to the wire, with the poll showing Clinton leading Trump among likely voters by just one point, 46% to 45%. The poll was taken Wednesday through Saturday.

Using the last two nights’ results, after FBI Director James Comey revealed a further Clinton-related email investigation, 47% of the Democratic nominee’s supporters said they were very enthusiastic about her, compared with 51% across the previous six nights.

60% of voters see Hillary Clinton unfavorably in today's @ABC News/WaPo tracking poll, a new high https://t.co/UJv6kMbVwg pic.twitter.com/zNGeqJjySF
— ABC News Politics (@ABCPolitics) October 31, 2016

Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by one point in today's @ABC News/WaPo tracking poll https://t.co/UJv6kMbVwg pic.twitter.com/WoXNm094uB
— ABC News Politics (@ABCPolitics) October 31, 2016
Trump targets Democratic states: Donald Trump is redirecting his energy toward traditionally Democratic states in the final stretch of the 2016 campaign, seeing a fresh opportunity after the announcement Friday that the FBI would again examine emails related to Hillary Clinton’s time as secretary of state...

:myday:

Last edited:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
this maniac could blow up the world
Lets not forget that Trump has family. Would he really leave a wrecked world for his children to live in assuming they even survived? Also, if Trump does have connections to Putin, as the Democrats allege, that may mean he can work with Putin better than HRC could. I don't think the Russians like her.

Also, HRC is on the exact opposite side of this Syria thing from the Russians. If she tries to establish a no-fly zone over there, like she has been talking about, the first thing she will have to do is take out all the air defenses in the area and those are Russian anti aircraft missiles and planes we would be destroying.

Last edited:

Tranquility

Its not just the embarrassment - this maniac could blow up the world.
Only one has arraigned for the bombing of a country we were not at war with. (We came, We saw, He died.)

As to if it was because of a fear Libya was going to create a gold backed currency to compete with the Euro and the Dollar or because of humanitarian reasons depends on if you believe wikileaks or the official story.
http://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com...ls-reveal-true-motive-for-libya-intervention/

grokit

well-worn member
:spliff:
TIL my 1980 write-in vote for mickey mouse didn't count.

How to write-in Bernie Sanders on election day

Screen-Shot-2016-07-13-at-9.02.25-AM-800x430.png

Bernie Sanders (Good Morning America)

Not every state counts write-in votes. In nine states, write-in votes are not permitted. So, voters in Hawaii, Nevada, South Dakota, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and South Carolina are stuck with Clinton, Trump, or one of the third party candidates on the ballot in those states, such as Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson or Green Party nominee Jill Stein.

In at least seven states, voters can still make a vote for Bernie Sanders count on election day. Photo: Getty Images

In 34 states, candidates are required to file paperwork before the election in order for write-in votes for that candidate to be counted...

Presidential write-in options announced for California
California voters can write in hopefuls like Evan McMullin and Bernie Sanders when casting a vote on Nov. 8.

Google suggests Bernie Sanders may get a bunch of write-in votes

29906170001_5180518971001_5180486729001-vs.jpg

Bernie Sanders has dropped out of the race and endorsed Hillary Clinton, but Google data suggests he still might get a bunch of write-in votes on Election Day.

According to Google, search interest in "write-in" has been surging nationwide. Google provides this data on a 0-100 scale. In mid-August, national search traffic for "write-in" hovered in the mid 40s; in October it has bounced around in the 80s and 90s, hitting a peak of 100 on Oct. 13. That was the day The New York Times published allegations from four women that Trump had made unwanted sexual advances many years ago.

Sanders was the top mentioned candidate in "write-in" searches in 6 of 10 states with the highest "write-in" search intensity in October. Republican alternative Evan McMullin took the top spot in one of these states — Oklahoma — and in the three others, there was not enough data about individual searches for Google to release the data.

Each state has its own rules for presidential write-in ballots, and only a handful allow write-in votes for candidates who have not registered their names. But among that handful are New Jersey, Vermont, Rhode Island and New Hampshire — the very states showing highest search interest in "write-ins" and where Sanders is the top searched name...

Last edited:

jay87

This is absolutely a non-issue, as bill clinton is also a sexual predator trying to get (back) into the white house. These men are both big stinking piles of human excrement in regards to respecting women.

Choose your poison carefully!

See I disagree there for multiple reasons.

The crimes of another do not absolve you of yours.
William Clinton Is Not running for president.
Donald Trump Is running for president, has sexually assaulted multiple women, and I do agree he is a big stinking pile of human excrement in regards to respecting women.

Also, how bout those other reasons I listed for why Donald is unfit for this office? His ignorance of world issues, his constant lying in regards every topic he speaks about, his lack of intelligence, his lack of mental stability, his arrogance, his belief that he knows more about fighting ISIS than American generals.

This guy is a complete and total nutcase and that's my objective analysis based on all of the evidence Donald has given me.

Only one has arraigned for the bombing of a country we were not at war with. (We came, We saw, He died.)

As to if it was because of a fear Libya was going to create a gold backed currency to compete with the Euro and the Dollar or because of humanitarian reasons depends on if you believe wikileaks or the official story.
http://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com...ls-reveal-true-motive-for-libya-intervention/

Only one has said they want more nuclear weapons in the world and only one thinks they should be used.

Donald said he'd be OK with nuking the middle east in response to ISIS
Donald said he'd be OK with nuking Europe because it's "a big place"
Donald said he believes we should be "unpredictable with nuclear weapons"

Donald Trump: "I think — I think, for me, nuclear is just the power, the devastation is very important to me."

:bang:

grokit

well-worn member
See I disagree there for multiple reasons.

The crimes of another do not absolve you of yours.
William Clinton Is Not running for president.
Donald Trump Is running for president, has sexually assaulted multiple women, and I do agree he is a big stinking pile of human excrement in regards to respecting women.

Also, how bout those other reasons I listed for why Donald is unfit for this office? His ignorance of world issues, his constant lying in regards every topic he speaks about, his lack of intelligence, his lack of mental stability, his arrogance, his belief that he knows more about fighting ISIS than American generals.
I agree with the other reasons you stated, although I don't believe drumpf is stupid. He's pathological, and I think we have to wonder if he's genuinely unstable, or more crazy like a fox. But I find the double-standard regarding their sexual harassments interesting. When bubba was running the show, democrats were pretty united in saying that this type of behavior has nothing at all to do with his presidential decision-making.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
When bubba was running the show, democrats were pretty united in saying that this type of behavior has nothing at all to do with his presidential decision-making.
Honestly, you see no difference between consensual sex and sexual assault? Really? Bill did some stupid things with women in his life, but none of them were even comparable to Trump, and I doubt you think they are. But even if they were, we are not electing Bill. Not one person will be casting a vote for Bill. They will be electing Hillary, who is blameless for Bill's infidelities.

Tranquility

Donald Trump: "I think — I think, for me, nuclear is just the power, the devastation is very important to me."

:bang:
What do you think he meant that is so horrible?

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/439744/distorting-trump-nuclear-war

HUGH HEWITT: Dr. Carson just referenced the single most important job of the president, the command, the control and the care of our nuclear forces. And he mentioned the triad. The B-52s are older than I am. The missiles are old. The submarines are aging out. It’s an executive order. It’s a commander-in-chief decision. What’s your priority among our nuclear triad?

TRUMP: Well, first of all, I think we need somebody absolutely that we can trust, who is totally responsible; who really knows what he or she is doing. That is so powerful and so important. And one of the things that I’m frankly most proud of is that in 2003, 2004, I was totally against going into Iraq because you’re going to destabilize the Middle East. I called it. I called it very strongly. And it was very important. But we have to be extremely vigilant and extremely careful when it comes to nuclear. Nuclear changes the whole ball game. Frankly, I would have said get out of Syria; get out — if we didn’t have the power of weaponry today. The power is so massive that we can’t just leave areas that 50 years ago or 75 years ago we wouldn’t care. It was hand-to-hand combat. The biggest problem this world has today is not President Obama with global warming, which is inconceivable, this is what he’s saying. The biggest problem we have is nuclear — nuclear proliferation and having some maniac, having some madman go out and get a nuclear weapon. That’s in my opinion, that is the single biggest problem that our country faces right now.

HEWITT: Of the three legs of the triad, though, do you have a priority? I want to go to Senator Rubio after that and ask him.

TRUMP: I think — I think, for me, nuclear is just the power, the devastation is very important to me.
H Bill did some stupid things with women in his life, but none of them were even comparable to Trump, and I doubt you think they are.
I'm not going to get into arguing the truth of the stories or why we should or should not believe a purported victim or what specific problems were/are with each of the stories as I agree with you as to the import to the election; but, Juanita Broaddrick, Paula Jones, Sandra Allen James, Eileen Wellstone, Carolyn Moffet and Christy Zercher might disagree with your assessment.

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
Honestly, you see no difference between consensual sex and sexual assault? Really? Bill did some stupid things with women in his life, but none of them were even comparable to Trump, and I doubt you think they are.
Oh come on, there's even a wiki page for the allegations of bubba's rapes etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_...omments_and_sexual_slurs_against_complainants

and http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/every-clinton-sex-assault-victim/

edit:
"Bill Clinton raped me and Hillary Clinton threatened me. I don't think there's any comparison."

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Oh come on, there's even a wiki page for the allegations of bubba's rapes etc.
I can write a wiki page that says YOU raped me (you pervert). Doesn't make it true.
Never heard of this poll before. I know that it was recently updated but does that update include any polling after the most recent events?
538 (FiveThirtyEight) is Nate Silver's polling org. Arguably the most accurate polls of the last election. I think he used to be with the NYT, but have their own now...
Here are the latest polls included.
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/national-polls/

Last edited:

Tranquility

I didn't post the article as I think it is a little voodoo, but the guy has had a good run predicting elections publicly. It seems it all depends on if a third party candidate gets 5% of the vote.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...icts_donald_trump_will_win_2016_election.html
American University professor Allan Lichtman (whose class this editor took as a college freshman) has correctly predicted the results of every presidential election since 1984 using his system of 13 "keys." The keys, 13 yes/no questions, are explained in detail in his book: Predicting the Next President: The Keys to the White House 2016.
The keys:
If six or more are false, the party in power will lose.

Party Mandate: After the midterm elections, the incumbent party holds more seats in the U.S. House of Representatives than after the previous midterm elections.

Contest: There is no serious contest for the incumbent party nomination.

Incumbency: The incumbent party candidate is the sitting president.

Third party: There is no significant third party or independent campaign.

Short-term economy: The economy is not in recession during the election campaign.

Long-term economy: Real per capita economic growth during the term equals or exceeds
mean growth during the previous two terms.

Policy change: The incumbent administration effects major changes in national policy.

Social unrest: There is no sustained social unrest during the term.

Scandal: The incumbent administration is untainted by major scandal.

Foreign/military failure: The incumbent administration suffers no major failure in foreign or military affairs.

Foreign/military success: The incumbent administration achieves a major success in foreign or military affairs.

Incumbent charisma: The incumbent party candidate is charismatic or a national hero.

Challenger charisma: The challenging party candidate is not charismatic or a national hero.​

His interpretation of events:

WASHINGTON POST: We're a little bit less than seven weeks out from the election today. Who do you predict will win in November?​

LICHTMAN: Based on the 13 keys, it would predict a Donald Trump victory. Remember, six keys and you're out, and right now the Democrats are out — for sure — five keys.

Key 1 is the party mandate — how well they did in the midterms. They got crushed.

Key number 3 is, the sitting president is not running.

Key number 7, no major policy change in Obama's second term like the Affordable Care Act.

Key number 11, no major smashing foreign policy success.

And Key number 12, Hillary Clinton is not a Franklin Roosevelt.

One more key and the Democrats are down, and we have the Gary Johnson Key. One of my keys would be that the party in power gets a "false" if a third-party candidate is anticipated to get 5 percent of the vote or more. In his highest polling, Gary Johnson is at about 12 to 14 percent. My rule is that you cut it in half. That would mean that he gets six to seven, and that would be the sixth and final key against the Democrats.​

Tranquility,

jay87

I agree with the other reasons you stated, although I don't believe drumpf is stupid. He's pathological, and I think we have to wonder if he's genuinely unstable, or more crazy like a fox. But I find the double-standard regarding their sexual harassments interesting. When bubba was running the show, democrats were pretty united in saying that this type of behavior has nothing at all to do with his presidential decision-making.

A lot of Trump supporters I've talked to say the same thing something like "Trump isn't really that dumb, he's just putting on a show"

I don't understand that idea at all.

Personally I do not believe for a second that all of this is an act by Donald.

When I look at his speech patterns, the way that he articulates thoughts, I can tell that he has no understanding of what he's talking about. His speech patterns are something that you can't change, the way he speaks is the way he thinks.

Think about the implications of a President deliberately acting like an idiotic maniac in order to trick people somehow?

How come when it comes to Donald Trump people say:

"I like him because what you see is what you get"
"Trump tells it like it is"

And yet when we analyze his behavior and how he has presented himself and his thoughts, beliefs and ideas, somehow there is this idea that Trump is different in private than what he's showing us.

His ignorance is unbelievable, I remember Donald saying that he didn't want to learn about how the U.S. government worked because "it would take too long".

A President should have a greater understanding of the American government than your average elementary school student in my opinion.

What do you think he meant that is so horrible?

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/439744/distorting-trump-nuclear-war

HUGH HEWITT: Dr. Carson just referenced the single most important job of the president, the command, the control and the care of our nuclear forces. And he mentioned the triad. The B-52s are older than I am. The missiles are old. The submarines are aging out. It’s an executive order. It’s a commander-in-chief decision. What’s your priority among our nuclear triad?

TRUMP: Well, first of all, I think we need somebody absolutely that we can trust, who is totally responsible; who really knows what he or she is doing. That is so powerful and so important. And one of the things that I’m frankly most proud of is that in 2003, 2004, I was totally against going into Iraq because you’re going to destabilize the Middle East. I called it. I called it very strongly. And it was very important. But we have to be extremely vigilant and extremely careful when it comes to nuclear. Nuclear changes the whole ball game. Frankly, I would have said get out of Syria; get out — if we didn’t have the power of weaponry today. The power is so massive that we can’t just leave areas that 50 years ago or 75 years ago we wouldn’t care. It was hand-to-hand combat. The biggest problem this world has today is not President Obama with global warming, which is inconceivable, this is what he’s saying. The biggest problem we have is nuclear — nuclear proliferation and having some maniac, having some madman go out and get a nuclear weapon. That’s in my opinion, that is the single biggest problem that our country faces right now.

HEWITT: Of the three legs of the triad, though, do you have a priority? I want to go to Senator Rubio after that and ask him.

TRUMP: I think — I think, for me, nuclear is just the power, the devastation is very important to me.

Don't forget the other things I listed that might be harder to argue. Also don't forget that in the quote you showed Donald claims he was against the war in Iraq since the beginning and he was so proud of this... Except that every statement Donald made about the war in Iraq at the time shows that he supported it.

Donald lies about pretty much everything and this is just one example.

In that quote I think he meant that he doesn't care about the source of power being used, all he cares about is the devastation he will be able to cause if someone gave him that power.

I believe Donald is a textbook megalomaniac.

EDIT: After re-reading that quotation in full I've found one area where myself and Donald completely agree, listen to this:

"The biggest problem we have is nuclear — nuclear proliferation and having some maniac, having some madman go out and get a nuclear weapon. That’s in my opinion, that is the single biggest problem that our country faces right now." - Donald Trump

Donald Trump is the maniac, the madman, that he and I both are worried about getting a nuclear weapon. :lol:

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
A-Week-Away, A-Week-Away, A-Week-Away, A-Week-Away,
In the City, the mighty City, the voting stops tonight,
In the City, the mighty City, the voting stops tonight.
A-Week-Away, A-Week-Away,
A-Week-Away, A-Week-Away.
Near the village, the peaceful village, the voting stops tonight,
Near the village, the quiet village, the voting stops tonight.
Wee wee ooh Wee A-Week-Away.
Rrrrr, wee ooh Wee A-Week-Away.
Intermezzo
Hush, my darling, don't fear, my darling, the voting stops tonight,
Hush, my darling, don't fear, my darling, the voting stops tonight.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I've noticed that I have a much better feeling about Trump when he's not speaking. I feel different about Hillary until she starts yelling! She sounds just like some angry screaming woman, my mother, it sends chills down my spine and is a little more difficult to shake off.

:lol:
Becoming quite shrill isn't she?

"Why does it smell like weed in here?!?! Is that porn on your computer!?!?!!! Have you been drinking!!??!! Give me that bottle of hand lotion!!!!!!! . . ." :rofl:

x011-Hillary-Voice-01-800x416.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ez5x37LvDA.jpg

grokit

well-worn member
In the City, the mighty City, the voting stops tonight,
In the City, the mighty City, the voting stops tonight.
A-Week-Away, A-Week-Away,
A-Week-Away, A-Week-Away.
Near the village, the peaceful village, the voting stops tonight,
Near the village, the quiet village, the voting stops tonight.
Wee wee ooh Wee A-Week-Away.
Rrrrr, wee ooh Wee A-Week-Away.
Intermezzo
Hush, my darling, don't fear, my darling, the voting stops tonight,
Hush, my darling, don't fear, my darling, the voting stops tonight.
...and then the real trouble begins :tinfoil: :o :cuss: :uhoh: :ninja: :spidey: :doh: :suspicious::rant::mental::bang::worms::evil::goon::shit: :zombie: :rip:

:peace::myday:

jay87

As a treatment against the effects of this election I'm going to work on positive thinking for a second:

I guess the positive of this election is that it got people more aware and more involved in politics than many Americans have been in a long time. :cheers:

Screen_shot_2013-06-24_at_12.12.11_PM.png

On a related note:
If the election doesn't work out quite right and Donald and Hillary both are upset about the results, maybe we can reach a compromise.

I propose that we sentence both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton to 4 years of Co-Presidency with one another as a punishment for their crimes against the American people.

We will air this as a 24x7 reality TV show and use all of the money generated to pay off the national debt and create jobs in the process. Donald Clinton 2016. :bowdown:

Amoreena

Grown up Flower Child
Becoming quite shrill isn't she? ...
I think the difference between men's and women's voices is the reason many men react that way when she raises her voice. If her voice had the depth that most males' voices have, it wouldn't seem shrill to so many men, in my opinion. If she only spoke in a calm, well-modulated typical female voice with no fire, she'd appear weak. :2c:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I think the difference between men's and women's voices is the reason many men react that way when she raises her voice. If her voice had the depth that most males' voices have, it wouldn't seem shrill to so many men, in my opinion. If she only spoke in a calm, well-modulated typical female voice with no fire, she'd appear weak. :2c:
Well considered. You realize we were having a bit of fun? Lord knows we need some relief from this cesspool.

Top Bottom