The 10 min wand cleaner

Frickr

i just discovered a very quick and efficiant way to clean your wands painlessly.

what you need is :
1) small air pump. i used my nebulizer machine, but i immagin an aquarium pump would work just the same.
2) tubing to hook up between the air pump and rubbing alcohol bath. i used a spare medical grade tube
3) rubbing alcohol. i used 91%
4) a sealable container to hold everything but the pump in. poke a hole a little larger then the tubing so air can excape.

step 1) Run the tubing in one end of the wand about half ways in.

102_0819.jpg

step 2) Place the wand in the tub of alcohol.

102_0813.jpg

step 3) Seal it up, turn the pump on, and walk away.

102_0814.jpg

step 4) Wait 10 minutes. Turn the pump off, and wash off your wand in hot water.

simple. :cool:

i also made a shower head adapter to fit onto the end of the tubing and i place all my smaller parts in the bath and turn the air on again for 10 mins.

one observation i noticed too, is the alcohol evaperated off alot quicker making it a safe way to reduce down for final evaporation setting out, in alot less time.

Frickr,
Reactions: KeroZen

Frickr

for those that are wondering, the air bubbles are what actually do the scrubbing. they act as a gental abrassive that lifts the condensed vapor right off. i got the idea from a homemade engine cleaner made with a freezer some copper line and an air supply, the bubbles will actually pit the metel if left on for too long on the tank full of diesel fuel.

should change the title as i only had the pump on for maybe 4 mins and the glass came out spotless after a quick rince.

Frickr,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Iso bubble bath, nice! I can see that being very useful if you had a bunch of wands to clean.

I added a link to this in the How to clean vape parts and reclaim resin thread. Thanks for sharing. :tup:

vtac,

Frickr

just tried this again with a second dirty wand, took less then 4 mins to come out spotless. so far im very impressed by this method. it does a better job faster then shaking or soaking.

Frickr,

Rico420

That is an awesomely mcguyver-esque way to clean wands. Definitely going to try next time my wands get oiled up.

Thanks for the heads up!

Rico420,

Sour Deez

Would this work good on a extremely dirty wand? I use my SSV multiple times daily and havent cleaned the wand in like 6 months. I cant see threw it whatsoever. Its caked on.

I want to try to save the ISO to evap it, but was worried i might need to use some salt to get this piece clean, so this would be perfect.

Sour Deez,

2clicker

Observer
i dont like the idea of doing ISO baths. i say this because of the oils and dirt that collect on the outside of the wand from peoples hands.

when i reclaim glass i fill with ISO (about half full) and then plug the ends of the glass with good quality rubber stoppers. then shake everything for a few mins and pour it out into a pyrex dish. that way you only get the stuff on the inside.

2clicker,
Top Bottom