1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

THC may slow or halt the progression of Alzheimer's disease

Discussion in 'Medical Discussion' started by gangababa, Aug 29, 2014.

1. gangababa

gangababa Well-Known Member

2. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

Not surprising as THC seems to be the most universal (good for so many ailments) medicine there is.
    Let's keep pushing to make it legal

steama and HerbalHealing like this.
  3. HerbalHealing

HerbalHealing Active Member

steama, Chill Dude and Roth like this.
  4. max

max Bingo Coordinator Staff Member

I guess I must have an immunity factor. Otherwise, if THC is toxic I should be dead by now. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't say it's just THC. There are quite a few other useful cannabinoids.

Ox45, steama, Chill Dude and 6 others like this.
  5. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

Of course I meant cannabis is the most universal medicine there is. The post was titled "THC" so
    that was my response. Cannabis has so many medical uses!!!

steama and HerbalHealing like this.
  6. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

They say if you live long enough you will get Alzheimer's. Nice to know us cannabis consumers may get a leg up on this dreaded disease.

steama, Chill Dude and HerbalHealing like this.
  7. grokit

grokit power cosmic

My grandma's pushing 103 and sharp as a tack :tup:

Chill Dude, steama, Seren and 4 others like this.
  8. Breathemetal

Breathemetal Well-Known Member

She medicates im assuming?

9. grokit

grokit power cosmic

Yeah her body's shot but upstairs she's all there!

10. max

max Bingo Coordinator Staff Member

Whoever "they" are, they're wrong. It's more like 5% of people over the age of 65. If you live to be in your 80's or 90's, you can develop dementia near the end of your life, but that's not Alzheimer's. My mother lived to be 95, and although she had dementia in the last few years of her life, she was sharp until then, aside from a gradual memory problem.

It's also a disease that can be avoided in many cases, and not just by cannabis use. I think the 1 in 3 chances noted in the link may actually be better than that. With a few rare exceptions, it's not a disease that someone is destined to get, no matter what, any more than heart disease or cancer. Hopefully cannabis use is truly a prevention factor, since I find that 'prevention activity' very easy to perform.

http://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/news/20140714/study-1-3-alzheimers-cases-preventable

:tup: indeed.

11. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Exercise, exercise and.......................exercise. It is, without a doubt, one of the most beneficial things one can do for their body and mind for just about any and all possible afflictions regardless if we already have those afflictions or desire never to get them.

12. Crohnie

Crohnie Well-Known Member

Is there anything cannabinoids can't do? They're like the duct tape of medicines. :D

13. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

I think what we may be experiencing here is the "honeymoon phase" of cannabis research.

steama and Seren like this.
  14. grokit

grokit power cosmic

Soon to enter a renaissance period :tup:!

steama, Crohnie and Seren like this.
  15. Enchantre

Enchantre A short, pithy statement

Personally, I've found greater mental clarity with giving up grains. Lack of brain fog.

Long- and short-term memory has improved significantly for me, since starting cannabis. In my case, I think it may in part be the reduction of anxiety that "clears up" the nerve pathways so that the memories can be accessed.

16. grokit

grokit power cosmic

I was also thinking about this lately, more along the line of "clearing out" accumulated combustion toxins but probably both among other factors toward a similar result if that makes any sense lol.

17. SamWin69

SamWin69 Member

Haha I'd say thats pretty accurate. To this very day, there hasn't been a medical issue that I'm not able to cure without Cannabis

steama and Crohnie like this.
  18. Chill Dude

Chill Dude Well-Known Member

That's great that MJ might be helpful to Alzheimer's disease. It seems kind of ironic being that when medicated I sometimes can't remember what I just said (short term memory), but my long term memory seems stronger when medicated. Go figure??

HerbalHealing, steama and Crohnie like this.
  19. steama

steama Well-Known Member

As far as Alzheimer's goes it is good to know I am safe for life. If not, at least I'll be high. :tup:

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors