ThC Ejuice first time

JuicedJuice

Hey guys,

Relative newb to the whole vaping scene to be honest.

I'm looking to make my first batch of thc ejuice from flower and have some (alot) questions.

1. can you use wet sugar leaf covered in trichomes and steep in vg to make ejuice? any reasons why this would not work?
2. what is the easiest way to make a tasty thc e juice from flower? I've seen many recipes but the feedback is they taste like budder etc, this is the exact flavour I am trying to avoid I want it to taste like flower.
3. from what ive read leaving to soak with vg for a couple of months will work and the flavour is better than heating the vg? any thoughts or experience.
4. I've bought a litre of vg but want to do small batch experiments to find what works and what doesnt any suggestions on a good test batch size?
5. has anyone tried adding terpenes to their thc ejuice to add back the flavour? any recommendations on dose? ie how many mls of terps to how many mls of vg etc
6. once steeped how is it best to seperate the vg from the dry herb material, this looks wasteful and inefficient, any tips?

To save time it may be worth me mentioning that it isnt possible for me to extract then use the extract to make the ejuice, I am only concerned with making ejuice from flower/sugar trim, so anyone that can share experience of what worked well and what didnt work so well would be very welcome to chime in!

Sorry for the barrage of questions but I'm new to this and would rather ask the questions than waste both precious herb and vg.

PS I may have posted this in the wrong forum if so please feel free to move this to the correct subforum. Cheers

Thanks in advance guys and girls!

JuicedJuice,

Deleted Member 1643

It would be remiss not to note that these questions have been discussed at great length elsewhere on FC.

That said, VG generally doesn't work well. Cannabinoids aren't very soluble in VG, and each hit of e-juice is a tiny volume, so it needs to be more concentrated than you can get with VG.

Haven't tried a long, cold VG extraction, but planned to at one time. If you have a very low tolerance, you might be able to feel something. However, VG is extremely difficult to filter. If you extract flower directly into it, it will be full of particulates that you'll need to get out, but probably can't. Even so, you'll lose activity due to VG's inefficiency, and it will probably still gunk up your coils quickly.

It's prefereable to make or get concentrate to start with, but at that point, you might find that you prefer using the concentrate directly rather than trying to dilute it for e-juice.

Deleted Member 1643,
Reactions: JuicedJuice

JuicedJuice

I appreciate your frank and timely response @Accept :)

Haven't tried a long, cold VG extraction, but planned to at one time.

This part gives me some hope. Do you think this would be worth a shot? The good thing is I have a lot of patience. I've got rum that's been infusing since October with an ounce of ground flower so waiting isn't an issue for me.

How would I best go about this and what ratio of flower to vg would be recommended?

Thanks for your help!

JuicedJuice,

Deleted Member 1643

No, don't think it's worth a shot. But if you're determined, Skunk Pharm has a lot of reliable content on VG extraction. To maximize cannabinoid concentration in the final product, believe they suggest a multi-step process. After the initial extraction, you'd separate the flower and VG (somehow) and then add fresh flower to the used VG. Of course, you'll still have very significant activity in the used flower, so ideally you would re-extract this in fresh VG. IMO. it's just too much work for a result that will be mediocre at best.

To start off, recommend a small-scale extraction. This will familiarize you with the difficulties involved without wasting too much material. If you decarb, even if you don't get something vapable, you can simply take the infused VG as a tincture, by the spoonful.

Deleted Member 1643,
Reactions: JuicedJuice
Top Bottom