THC Effects on Estrogen Receptors

Bangjr

Hello FC'ers,

Does anyone know how THC affects the Estrogen Receptors? I'm asking as my wife is suffering menopause and is having a difficult time to get "enough" sleep. With her insomnia, she tried to take a SINGLE toke off a joint a few years back. That single toke affected her in a way that is hard to believe - she was not able to sleep for two weeks...even with the help of pharma (Ambien). She turned to the internet and researched why this is and found out that THC may affect her estrogen receptors - basically blocking them.

More questions:
- Heard that CBD may help but read that it may actually be a stimulant..yikes!!
- Heard about CBN. Is there such a thing as 0% THC in CBN?
- Some one suggested THCa...will this help?

I really want to wean her away for the pharma stuff, if at all possible.

Thank you in advance FC!

Bangjr,
Reactions: Squiby

C No Ego

Hello FC'ers,

Does anyone know how THC affects the Estrogen Receptors? I'm asking as my wife is suffering menopause and is having a difficult time to get "enough" sleep. With her insomnia, she tried to take a SINGLE toke off a joint a few years back. That single toke affected her in a way that is hard to believe - she was not able to sleep for two weeks...even with the help of pharma (Ambien). She turned to the internet and researched why this is and found out that THC may affect her estrogen receptors - basically blocking them.

More questions:
- Heard that CBD may help but read that it may actually be a stimulant..yikes!!
- Heard about CBN. Is there such a thing as 0% THC in CBN?
- Some one suggested THCa...will this help?

I really want to wean her away for the pharma stuff, if at all possible.

Thank you in advance FC!
cbn is correct... old cannabis will be cbn as it's an oxidation result of dergraded thc... you can forcibly make it into cbn with light exposure and oxygen but that will kill other medical properties.. the best is to slow cure the cannabis for months and it naturally converts to cbn over time...

if you had access to oils she could ingest instead of smoke/vape etc... vaping super excites( oxygenates) the thc to make it active instantly and could be to strong for some people.. adding in cbd helps with that some.. even using whole peppercorns too can alleviate negative symptoms from thc.. it's called cannabimimetics

biohacker

THC definitely affects the bodies delicate hormonal cascade balance, and estrogen. My wife has been having issues with heavy periods ever since she started using cannabis 2 years ago, and as a result has become anemic. I just recently discovered this as I never once thought it could affect so greatly, but if you just do some quick research you'll see that it can affect cycles, and same with cbd oils. Recently she's quit, and just had her first normal period in years, and tried some cbd oil and thinks it's possible that it shortened her cycle.

Myself I notice a huge difference in water retention when I imbibe daily, and it can be estrogenic in males. Ever single my break (6 weeks) ago i've noticed many positives with respect to hormones including better mood, even though my sleep still sucks.

As for cbd yes, it's stimulating and not especially helpful for sedation, but everyone reacts differently and my wife says it knocks her out, but it keeps me alert.

Bang on about CBN, and C No Ego explained it well. Depending on where you live, there are some companies that specialize in this kind of thing, and i've recently posted a website and podcast related to cannabis and sleep which may help (i'll have to dig it up as it's late).

Everyone reacts differently, so it's possible that she had a "bad trip". I've read so many stories similar to this, where people don't feel "not high" for months. I still feel "medicated" constantly, and after 6 weeks without it, it's kind of annoying and I would love to just feel "sober", but it takes time with the brain's neuroplasticity, and i'm just starting my rem rebound stages nightly.

More biohacking and experimenting....and alot of work ahead, especially as we try to get our health together. Fortunately recent blood labs came back and we're headed in the right direction, coincidentally without cannabis for one month+.

little maggie

This is new info to me. So looked up estrogen receptors and cannabis and found an article that claims that cannabis can prevent breast cancer. Interesting.

Unfortunately most of the research on estrogen receptor sites being blocked was done on rats. They've been starting to do research with humans but who knows if that will last given the current government.

little maggie,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

FWIW, just had my blood labs come in, been cannabis free for 6 weeks now, and normal testosterone range for my age (41) is 8.4-28.8 nmol/L. My result was 28.2, which is higher than i've ever seen before while imbibing daily.

As for rats, I wonder if the studies are actually using female rats? Since the vast majority of studies actually use male rats.

biohacker,
Reactions: C No Ego

Bangjr

cbn is correct... old cannabis will be cbn as it's an oxidation result of dergraded thc... you can forcibly make it into cbn with light exposure and oxygen but that will kill other medical properties.. the best is to slow cure the cannabis for months and it naturally converts to cbn over time...

if you had access to oils she could ingest instead of smoke/vape etc... vaping super excites( oxygenates) the thc to make it active instantly and could be to strong for some people.. adding in cbd helps with that some.. even using whole peppercorns too can alleviate negative symptoms from thc.. it's called cannabimimetics
Thank you C No Ego. I am going to get her some CBN oil or tincture and hope for the best. Interesting take on the peppercorns. Learn something new everyday!!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I was reading about how THC and CBD are healthful for hormone receptor breast cancers. I plan on getting some CBD Rick Simpson Oil.

Edit
I guess I should add it's suppose to kill cancer cells.
The effects of cannabinoids... National Cancer Institute.
Probably wrong thread for this but useful info.

Last edited:

C No Ego

Dr Cristina Sánchez, PhD from Madrid Spain has researched cannabinoids for breast cancer

"The goal of her research is to understand and exploit cannabinoids as potential antitumoral agents in breast cancer. More recently, she has also focused her attention on new cannabinoid receptors and their possible involvement in cannabinoid antitumoral action in breast cancer and other type of tumors."

unquote... Her research shows, certain cannabinoids will not target the breast cancers and other specific cannabinoids will...

C No Ego,
Reactions: CarolKing
Top Bottom