thc/cbn/cbd comparison (yes again)

gettin lifted

psychonaut
so i had a friend over today.

he had decent mid grade weed and thats fine since it was a free vape session. so we're vaping and we both realize that we are not as high as we should be. even he realized this and he always smokes his mid grade and gets plenty high.

i put some nug under the microscope and looked at it and barely saw any trichs. i then took some of my high grade nug and looked under the microscope and saw trichs all over the place (obviously)

this leads me to believe that vapes are great at extracting thc from buds but the cbn/cbd heavy buds (i.e. low-mid grade) do not work well at all vaping since they are low thc count and more cannabinoids.

i know this has been brought up a few times but i think its safe to assume now that if you use low/mid grade in a vape it wont get you nearly as high as smoking it would. since smoking would release all those cannabinoids.

anyone care to agree or disagree?

gettin lifted,

Nosferatu

Some really dank weeds at my my clinic that smokers love suck outa the vape. I always guessed they had more CBN/CBD and way less THC. Anyways Im over fixed temp vapes like the PD/MZ, I need all those good ingredients a variable temp can extract.... :p

Nosferatu,

OO

Technical Skeptical
it really depends on the temps you are vaping at.

if you're vaping too low for the higher boilers to vaporize, you won't achieve the full effect.

OO,

midnight rider

so much of the quality of a buzz depends on set & setting, your state of mind, mood, your metabolism, etc and it's usually dangerous to make sweeping generalizations BUT in my experiences i tend to agree with you.
mids (which is all i ever get) in my HA from 285-380 are less than spectacular vs in the good old bingo, which never fails. i believe half the reason of course that mids aint that great anymore is the fact that the guys up the line tumble them for the kief. they make their dough twice, tumble all the trichs off and use for hash to sell and then sell the practically trich-less (externally anyway) stuff to us poor slobs who can't get medical grade.
all that being said the next time i pull the HA out i'm settin the dial for 385-395 and strappin myself in............ :o
if i survive the experience i'll report back. if not, someone tell the world my story :lol:

midnight rider,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
You also have to take into consideration the (lack of) care and curing that the mexi-brick may or may not have gone through. Ive heard (pseudo seen) where they harvest, dry, (weakly) cure and store in a shipping container until its ready to move.

AGBeer,

luchiano

If you can smoke it and get high then there is a very high chance you can vape it and get high it's just that you have to find out what temperature is good for the strain and this means going to a high temperature but most people stop in the 380f-390f range and the strain might give more affects going into the 410f-430f range but a lot of people are scared to go that high thinking carcinogenic compounds will be released and it's the same as smoking but it's not nearly as bad as smoking plus those compounds won't be made if the light oils are vaped first at lower temperatures and not burned when vaped right away at higher temperatures.

You also have to take into account low quality herb will have less essential oils than higher quality so there will be less burning of the oils and may be the reason why you have to crank the temperature for affects because the light oils contribute to the high by helping more cannabinoids get to the brain and also giving the high certain traits. When there is none of these oils or they are low you will have to vape at higher than normal temperatures to get the goodies because there are no oils to enhance the high, allow for better absorption of the cannabinoids or in some cases actually give you the "vape" high. I think a lot of people are getting a good amount of these oils when they vape, due to high quality herb being more available, and don't get as much cannabinoids as they can if they up the temperature. They would really be high because more cannabinoids will be extracted and the different affects will be had because the cb2 affecting cannabinoids extend the high by slowing down metabolization of thc.

Vaporizers are a beautiful thing when they are made well and used to their fullest capacity it just takes a little knowledge of herb, the human body, some creativity and it puts smoking to shame.

luchiano,
Top Bottom