Tetra P80

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hmm, my tetra must be broken. It doesn't behave the way anyone of you described it.

micro-dosing champion? Small loads i don’t even get vapor, if i add a basket on another basket to keep herb in, its really hard to get any vapor at all. The only way i can get vapor is cranking it to 435 ish and packing the basket as much as it can go. Even then, it only vapes the top of the basket and leaves a dark “line” in the basket and theres green on the edges. If i stir it, everything just falls out when put upside down.

I guess im going back to the dynavap because it can produce huge clouds with like half of what the tetra uses. My tetra blasts thru herb, and half the time im wasting it. Very inconsistent clouds and avb. It must be user error or my device is broken. Every load is like a one hit and then i dont get anymore vapor.

Have you tried using it the way any of us described though? Like with cruise or warm up? It sounds like you are maybe not letting the heater get hot and/or maybe drawing too fast so the air isn't being heated properly... With basket pack at 435 that is one hitter territory but you should not need to go that high... Again I do not think comparing it to the dynavap is helpful at all, but you gotta do you, if you aren't having results you like and can't afford to be more patient with it, it may be time to pass it on?

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Atomic,
You gotta find what works for you, exploring and experimentation is part of finding your path to what works best for your needs.

I love my Omni and it is with me ALL the fucking time. EVERYWHERE.
That said, one cap never gets me where I need to be. I require 3-5 caps just to start my engine. I can get the same effects, often with just one chamber, on the Tetra P80.

I also keep my unit on the high side between 420-435, set it in cruise and flow with it.

If you have given up on it, I bet there are a dozen people in here that would gladly scoop yours up and buy it from you. Do you have a pic, or is there one previously posted in this thread?

1nd3cEnt

Hmm, my tetra must be broken. It doesn't behave the way anyone of you described it.

micro-dosing champion? Small loads i don’t even get vapor, if i add a basket on another basket to keep herb in, its really hard to get any vapor at all. The only way i can get vapor is cranking it to 435 ish and packing the basket as much as it can go. Even then, it only vapes the top of the basket and leaves a dark “line” in the basket and theres green on the edges. If i stir it, everything just falls out when put upside down.

I guess im going back to the dynavap because it can produce huge clouds with like half of what the tetra uses. My tetra blasts thru herb, and half the time im wasting it. Very inconsistent clouds and avb. It must be user error or my device is broken. Every load is like a one hit and then i dont get anymore vapor.

@Atomic11:
Get in touch with Ralph at Lamar & let him know of your issues. Ralph has amazing insight into his devices & will determine exactly what is going on with your Tubo Tetra. If it is defective, Ralph will handle it asap. Don't despair & give up, he will fix it. Believe us Tetra owners, the Tubo Tetra is next-level vaping.

GoldenBud

weird
which settings you've got? how much is the resistance while vaping?
wattage?

GoldenBud,

Atomic11

I’ve used warm up, it definitely helps, Ive tried different temperatures and stuff. Different resistances. I tried Tstep. I will fiddle with it some more, and list it if I can’t get anywhere.

settings I’m using right now warmup-> 390f at .225 (.223lid) and then i crank it to 420-435 to try to finish the bowls. Sometimes ill even inhale while its warming up to try to fully extract, but its usually just hot air.

Ive been in contact with Choo and he says my device is fine, and its about my technique.

Ive tried inhaling slow, Ive tried inhaling fast and hard. Ive tried packing it down into the basket until it cant fit anymore (what gives the most vapor) Ive tried micro-dosing with a basket on top of a basket. Ive tried just loosely packing it to the top by sucking in and tamping it slightly. (1-3 hits). Ive tried WPA which didn't have enough restriction, Ive tried stem-packs but they used a ton of weed and i got roughly the same number of hits. The whole time i was cashing light and green on the bottom bowls. Only dark in the middle. Feels like I’m wasting weed.

I guess it comes down to my settings, inhale speed, quality of bud, grind, and packing style? It seems to only really give vapor if you pack it in just the right way. Otherwise, whips.

what really bothers me, is how different y’alls experience with the device is.

maybe it just boils down to preference? Or experience?

It only seems to want to really vaporize the middle and the top of every load. And string in those tiny baskets makes me loose half my load, not to mention AVB becomes sand once you touch it. The oven seems to be my biggest trouble.

like i said, Ill list it in a week or two if I cant get satisfying results. Its a cyan blue tetra p80 and its in good shape. (Really hope its not broken)

Tweakz

I’ve used warm up, it definitely helps, Ive tried different temperatures and stuff. Different resistances. I tried Tstep. I will fiddle with it some more, and list it if I can’t get anywhere.

settings I’m using right now warmup-> 390f at .225 (.223lid) and then i crank it to 420-435 to try to finish the bowls. Sometimes ill even inhale while its warming up to try to fully extract, but its usually just hot air.

Ive been in contact with Choo and he says my device is fine, and its about my technique.

Ive tried inhaling slow, Ive tried inhaling fast and hard. Ive tried packing it down into the basket until it cant fit anymore (what gives the most vapor) Ive tried micro-dosing with a basket on top of a basket. Ive tried just loosely packing it to the top by sucking in and tamping it slightly. (1-3 hits). Ive tried WPA which didn't have enough restriction, Ive tried stem-packs but they used a ton of weed and i got roughly the same number of hits. The whole time i was cashing light and green on the bottom bowls. Only dark in the middle. Feels like I’m wasting weed.

I guess it comes down to my settings, inhale speed, quality of bud, grind, and packing style? It seems to only really give vapor if you pack it in just the right way. Otherwise, whips.

what really bothers me, is how different y’alls experience with the device is.

maybe it just boils down to preference? Or experience?

It only seems to want to really vaporize the middle and the top of every load. And string in those tiny baskets makes me loose half my load, not to mention AVB becomes sand once you touch it. The oven seems to be my biggest trouble.

like i said, Ill list it in a week or two if I cant get satisfying results. Its a cyan blue tetra p80 and its in good shape. (Really hope its not broken)
maybe when you pack a staff, you press it hard ?

Tweakz,

GoldenBud

Please upload a picture of your ABV.
Another thing:
You tried working in On-Demand mode, not just Cruise mode?
Same results?

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

Arbornaut

You've tried packing the basket screens right? I'm not sure why you're still loading the glass joint of the stem. That is indeed wasteful and not recommended. It "can" work with constant stirring, and high heat settings, and draw speed techniques.... but why not start out the way it is intended to be used and keep it simple?

I'm just basing this on your picture - and you indicate that it is from very recent use. First step to troubleshoot would be to go back to (or start) loading the basket screens directly. 3/4 full, and at a much lower temperature. I would start at 375 and work my way up from there, with a good initial heater warm up. Lack of air restriction should not be a reason for any full convection device to not work well. Your comparing full convection to your experience with a Dynavap, which is wrong. You should dedicate some time with the TP80 and put down the Dynavap for a bit to really get a feel for it (since they're so different). If you can't do that - I recommend selling or trading. They retain their value 100%. Check out r/entexchange on Reddit. Just my two cents. :2c:

Atomic11

You've tried packing the basket screens right? I'm not sure why you're still loading the glass joint of the stem. That is indeed wasteful and not recommended. It "can" work with constant stirring, and high heat settings, and draw speed techniques.... but why not start out the way it is intended to be used and keep it simple?

I'm just basing this on your picture - and you indicate that it is from very recent use. First step to troubleshoot would be to go back to (or start) loading the basket screens directly. 3/4 full, and at a much lower temperature. I would start at 375 and work my way up from there, with a good initial heater warm up. Lack of air restriction should not be a reason for any full convection device to not work well. Your comparing full convection to your experience with a Dynavap, which is wrong. You should dedicate some time with the TP80 and put down the Dynavap for a bit to really get a feel for it (since they're so different). If you can't do that - I recommend selling or trading. They retain their value 100%. Check out r/entexchange on Reddit. Just my two cents. :2c:

Thanks for the tips, I haven’t used stem packs since I tried them out over the weekend with the WPA to see if I could get milky whitewall hits if i packed a bunch. To no avail.

Its hard to describe but heres what Ive been using, filling the baskets 3/4 of the way. (About as much goes in a dyna) Very wispy vapor, one or two hits then i have to reload (it will usually be a little green on the bottom of the bucket and the sides too)
Its hard to take pictures of AVB so ill be posting some better ones later in the day

Ive tried without the top screen, but then I cant stir without the AVB turning loose and brittle and falling out when placed back in the device.

If I really pack it in the screen I can get a strong hit but it only vapes the center of the bowl, usually like a line, and I cant stir cuz theres no lid, so i end up throwin out green bud.

The stem bowl setup is killin me.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/13e1da03w/

Atomic11,

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the tips, I haven’t used stem packs since I tried them out over the weekend with the WPA to see if I could get milky whitewall hits if i packed a bunch. To no avail.

Its hard to describe but heres what Ive been using, filling the baskets 3/4 of the way. (About as much goes in a dyna) Very wispy vapor, one or two hits then i have to reload (it will usually be a little green on the bottom of the bucket and the sides too)
Its hard to take pictures of AVB so ill be posting some better ones later in the day

Ive tried without the top screen, but then I cant stir without the AVB turning loose and brittle and falling out when placed back in the device.

If I really pack it in the screen I can get a strong hit but it only vapes the center of the bowl, usually like a line, and I cant stir cuz theres no lid, so i end up throwin out green bud.

The stem bowl setup is killin me.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/13e1da03w/

Ah yeah, stop doing that! (loading the full joint, like arbonaut said) that is why you are blowing through weed with poor efficiency and not getting the results we are talking about.

Load like you did with the wpa, fill a full basket gently tamped, but do it in one of the bent stems. Take the first hit with the TP80 upside down so nothing spills, then load will be secure and you should not need to stir for the duration.

Through water it is more involved ripping it in my experience, so still use it dry with the basket screen method and no screen covering it. You should get much better extraction even at lower temps this way (just get the heater nice and warmed up, particularly for those low temps, this is where cruise is your friend, but on demand too just wait 5sec before inhaling)

Last edited:
Shit Snacks,

1nd3cEnt

This makes no sense to me. 3/4 full of a rimmed basket at a single sitting/session is just too much for me! But I do not chase clouds, so wispy vapor occurs as well - this just means upping the temp for the next hit. When you exhale after a hit, do so with a dark background so you can actually see the vapor. The vapor is not always so apparent visually, but the effects sure are.

It sounds like your resistance is too low - try upping your resistence 0.005 ohms at a time. In the Tubo firmware, is the set resistance locked - the lock icon that immediately follows the ohm number showing that it is locked? Is "Zero" set to "All", is "Check" set to "No"? These settings are critical for proper use.

Use the wpa for the time being so the issue of falling product is not complicating your experience. Let's address one issue at a time.

Your comparing full convection to your experience with a Dynavap, which is wrong. You should dedicate some time with the TP80 and put down the Dynavap for a bit to really get a feel for it (since they're so different).

Excellent advice - don't get exasperated, take your time to get a better feel for the device.

1nd3cEnt,

Atomic11

Ive tried to take in account all the tips Ive gotten, Its pretty hard to talk about the vape because I think we all have different tolerances and weed quality.

Perhaps conduction works better with lower quality herb. I can only really get 1-2 good satisfying hit (like a one hitter) out of a basket pack (I am referring to the little aluminum mesh cups NOT the stem screen/stem pack) and that’s it I fill the basket to the brim and tamp it down.

The hits themselves are nice, but the AVB is very inconsistent, and so are the hits often times I will think I just inhaled a big hit, but it was just hot air.

I have used warmup, and Ive tried to adjust tstep to fully extract my bowls, but often times, I get one good hit a bowl, and the rest of the hits are super wispy

https://postimg.cc/gallery/2d6cu048w/

that said, obviously people love this device and its probably just not for me. I really wanted to love it, I Guess this stuff really boils down to preference, and vapor production and efficiency are the most important things to me.

Shit Snacks

Ive tried to take in account all the tips Ive gotten, Its pretty hard to talk about the vape because I think we all have different tolerances and weed quality.

Perhaps conduction works better with lower quality herb. I can only really get 1-2 good satisfying hit (like a one hitter) out of a basket pack (I am referring to the little aluminum mesh cups NOT the stem screen/stem pack) and that’s it I fill the basket to the brim and tamp it down.

The hits themselves are nice, but the AVB is very inconsistent, and so are the hits often times I will think I just inhaled a big hit, but it was just hot air.

I have used warmup, and Ive tried to adjust tstep to fully extract my bowls, but often times, I get one good hit a bowl, and the rest of the hits are super wispy

that said, obviously people love this device and its probably just not for me. I really wanted to love it, I Guess this stuff really boils down to preference, and vapor production and efficiency are the most important things to me.

Yeah that bowl looks good to me, nice extraction for lower temps... It is true lower-quality herb could yield less hits, I am spoiled by California dispensaries... And convection does tend to have a lighter colored extraction than conduction which could potentially get more out in a different way, however you can definitely get it dark in the Tetra, but yeah for sure fewer hits (although I don't know about that because I only get max three hits from a vapcap personally) Hang in there, give it some time, maybe you'll find a way you enjoy using it, or maybe you will end up passing it on!

Catweasel

Although I recorded using my TetraX since it had 3 totally fresh cells in it ready to go, I still consider this vid representative of baskets out of either of my Tetras: https://streamable.com/ckn2g

It's my opinion that the tetra heater gives desktop level performance in a really handy light and portable device. I can't get hits starting from cold that fast with my log vape, that's for sure. One basket left me unsteady in my seat as gravity cranked itself up and everything started feeling wobbly. I'm still caught in the middle of it as I type this. If someone isn't getting satisfied with the effects from their baskets I think it'd have to be their flower or a problem with the device. I switched from using a dynavap with induction heater as my daily driver to my TetraX and Tetra P80 and while I still enjoy my dynavaps they just can't compete for what I'm gonna want to reach for when I want to vape on a regular basis.

dimmusp

All these amazing reports! :)

And yet they haven't been for sale since February 5th :o

@funkyjunky How's production going? Has coronavirus affected your supply chain? Thanks

dimmusp,

HighLads

I don't have one of these yet but when I got my first convection vape, it took me quite some time to get it dialled in. I put about a quarter through it and still didnt have the hang of it. I then put it away for a month and considered selling it.

Like you, I read how popular the vape was and gave it another q and managed to sort it. It's my current favourite to hit and I'm delighted I kept it. If you can, I would hold onto it for a while longer. One thing that helped me was inhaling straight to the lungs rather than drawing on it like a joint or cigarette (or dynavap). For convection, I don't draw the vapour into my mouth and then inhale, it goes straight in the lungs. This technique is easier for me to control speed too which is vital.

Keep on trying! Hopefully I can get on the list for the next drop and snag one for myself!

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
All these amazing reports! :)

And yet they haven't been for sale since February 5th :o

@funkyjunky How's production going? Has coronavirus affected your supply chain? Thanks
production has indeed slowed down a bit. we have to switch operation up since the laser is inaccessible for the time being, therefore no custom build slots will be opened up.
there are a few shells cut and i will build through them and have prebuilt units available. when exactly they will be for sale is not determined at this point. more information will be sent by email to all that are subscribed to the notification list (email support@lamart.ch to get added).

Last edited:

hoyo77

Safe travels to my baby...hurry up and get here!!!

tp80wengeegypt.jpg

hoyo77

18650battery store had the Molicel P26A's on special at 20% off. I ordered six yesterday, got an email today saying they were in transit and will be here thursday. the site talks about fast turnaround....i am a believer!

hoyo77

18650battery store had the Molicel P26A's on special at 20% off. I ordered six yesterday, got an email today saying they were in transit and will be here thursday. the site talks about fast turnaround....i am a believer!
Well damn!!! Out for delivery a day early!!

klusion

I cannot wait for my p80. How long on average does shipping take? I selected the cheapest tracking without a tracking number.

klusion,
Top Bottom