Terpy Tuesdays on TheCCC420

Baron23

some Loudpack this week, the Tangie live resin sugar.
@ccchase420 - Another great review, thanks Chase.

I do have a question, though. I see your HexNail and the large number temp in the middle is showing 495-500 F. Is this the calculated dab surface temp or the coil temp?

I am running a Liger 2.0 20mm with SiC and an Auber and I run at about 585 on the controller (obviously I don't have a calculated dab surface temp..LOL).

Do you run that much cooler?

Baron23,

ccchase420

TheCCC420 YouTuber
no actually, i mentioned it while shooting and edited it out because it got a little convoluted. basically, with my modified (stretched out) heater coil around the 20mm barrel it skews the reading on the hexnail. you can add about 65-70 degrees to that number and it's accurate.

i've spoken with hexnail on giving me a tuning because i predict many people will be asking that question (and probably wasting dabs..hopefully not!)

your's is more white looking while mine is closer to orange.
this was a super weird run i've never seen it so pale white before. was super dense too, it reminded me of glow in the dark plastic but the terps were there! haha

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Nice review , weird though i just got the same live res in the same flavor and mine was darker in color and when i search the same product online all the pictures are darker colored like mine , your's is more white looking while mine is closer to orange.
B71F7643-3273-40C7-B56D-F56BC78F0939_zps5dq6inru.jpg
Three or four weeks ago their Tangie was a little lighter than the drop after. Their Banana Pie is real good too :2c:

herbivore21

Three or four weeks ago their Tangie was a little lighter than the drop after. Their Banana Pie is real good too :2c:
The color of your extracts will vary between runs - if your starting flower had more mature resin, it is going to be darker to begin with, even if you extract live resin. If your starting bud was harvested earlier in flower, your resin will be noticeably paler. Even if the extracts were taken from the same starting material, resin gets darker with time in storage/on the shelf.

The color of your extract is not a benchmark for quality as many initially thought. I prefer darker resin from more mature flowers any day of the week!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Been waiting a long time to see some concentrate of this consistency around SD! Even though I'm sure prices are going to be hyped for a while down here. Like $100/ gram flower rosin.

Do you know a good collective that carries distillate? I'm trying to DIY some prefilled carts but it doesn't seem as popular here yet as places like CO. A local place has The Clear but I don't really want food terps in my concentrate.

invertedisdead,

herbivore21

Been waiting a long time to see some concentrate of this consistency around SD! Even though I'm sure prices are going to be hyped for a while down here. Like $100/ gram flower rosin.

Do you know a good collective that carries distillate? I'm trying to DIY some prefilled carts but it doesn't seem as popular here yet as places like CO. A local place has The Clear but I don't really want food terps in my concentrate.
These are such real complaints. I never understood rosin prices in your neck of the woods brother!

It yields like BHO yet can be produced with less labor/time. Shouldn't that see it getting priced like BHO?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
These are such real complaints. I never understood rosin prices in your neck of the woods brother!

It yields like BHO yet can be produced with less labor/time. Shouldn't that see it getting priced like BHO?

I'm really surprised it hasn't gotten huge. Especially here in SD which is a pretty health conscious community.

I'm thinking of trying one of these Pop Naturals c02 syringes, they seem dedicated to a clean product. @ccchase420 have you ever tried one of these? They have the terpene % posted, some are pretty high. Wondering if they have that c02 taste or if they've past that.

ccchase420

TheCCC420 YouTuber
not so much. cls operation is pretty straightforward and you can process way (way) more at once. lots to be said for rosin of course i'm no hater but it's important to remember this is why BHO wasn't wiped out by the rosin wave.

herbivore21

not so much. cls operation is pretty straightforward and you can process way (way) more at once. lots to be said for rosin of course i'm no hater but it's important to remember this is why BHO wasn't wiped out by the rosin wave.
Yes and no. CLS operation is pretty straightforward, yes. Definitely can process way more at once. However, rosin is incredibly straightforward, bordering on idiot proof. Any chump can produce good rosin. Many should never be allowed near anything related to butane extraction.

In terms of the time and operator attention (not to mention the increased skillset that the operator requires for BHO vs rosin which = $$$) required to produce and purge BHO vs pressing an equivalent amount of rosin: IME making BHO with high capacity CLS is still a considerably longer, more effortful task with more margin for error in the SOP side of the equation than making rosin from the same amount.

If I took a commercial sized 50-100t rosin press and appropriate plates, I'd be able to press an 8th of a pound at once with no trouble. With pre-puck and 1-3 presses, that would take me about 10-20 mins plus a 5 min collect. I get 15% on my first press with my flower rosining this way, typically another 4-8% depending on resin content of the flower comes out of the subsequent squish or two. Multiply that process 16 times and you could fully extract rosin from 2lb (number for comparison purposes) in ~3-6 hours.

CLS BHO will yield the same and yes, the initial extraction that can be done from a considerably larger amount of starting material (I have definitely seen CLS units on the market that will run almost 2lb of nug at a time!) fast as fuck. However, the purge requires labor to first separate the initial collection thin film/s before placing in the vac oven, which will then need to be set up and monitored during the remaining and very time consuming purge. From start to finish, rosin is produced much more quickly, and with less cumulative labor/attention which can be carried out by less skilled/qualified staff than are required for BHO.

Rosin has not dethroned BHO completely for other reasons of course. For example, BHO is a better option for processing byproduct material such as trim than rosin. Pressing rosin out of trim seems to get some ugly shit out of the plant material. It comes out looking and tasting relatively unappealing to flower rosin. BHO can achieve clear, pale colored extracts with trim which people equivocate with quality.

We also can't forget that some newer and older BHO methods can offer different qualities to rosin, such as the new terp sauces/HTFSEs and sugars/HCFSEs that folks are making now, or the dewaxing that can be offered with BHO.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

You can process more at once but there is a lot of downtime with BHO, rosin is ready to package and dispense immediately after extracting which is pretty beneficial from a business perspective.

MinnBobber

getting saucy again this week with the Terp Preservation Society Sunset Sherbet. this stuff is so dank i wish i could share it with everyone!
...................................................................................
Thanks, watching all these reviews intently and very jealous as a modern concentrate virgin. This one was especially intriguing as I just happened to vape Sunset Sherbet bud just before watching :)
So this tasted like Sunset bud 10X ?? It's hard to imagine it tasting better than the bud thru my miniVAP....
And it looks delicious too.
Anxious to get out to CO again as that will likely be my first dabbing experience??? On prev visit I'd say I had a slightly negative impression of concentrates so only got buds. I was mostly concerned about purity of the product but from being educated here on FC, there is pure clean conc available and I definitely want to try some :)

Good review and now I need to go open my Sunset Sherbat JyARZ and smell it for 10 seconds----- :)
And since it's open, I better vape a little more of it ;)

zenmasterofzinfandel

herbivore is always saying how little time to post on here &the asylum, as well as others?

I was thinking, in my absence in the future; perhaps I can ask if Chase would like to help herbivore21 for a mission, if herby accepts, will be interesting, perhaps even useful over time?

Yah all know about the projectCBD https://www.projectcbd.org/ ?

Not nearly as lofty, but I thought, given herbivore21's constant drumming on the 'unequivocally' greatness of full-melt bubble/ice /water hash; and my own, as well as I expect many other's here on FC and other canna forums; their experiences are not in alignment with herby's opinions<<<which is what they are, no better or worse than the opinions of Bubbleman, SS, Matt_Rize, other notable figures in the extract business.

Can we 'prove' anything with anecdotal evidence? Perhaps.

So let me link to the thread that got me thinking (we since herby constantly posts in multiple threads the same concepts, I could have gotten the idea earlier ;p)

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dabbing-shatter-vs-vaporizing-herbs.24336/#post-1115357

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dabbing-shatter-vs-vaporizing-herbs.24336/#post-1115589

@CheeseSandwich if you have only dabbed retail 'full melt', what you say above seems to indicate that you've been sold sub-par 'full melt'. I make my own full melt as well as all other kinds of extract. In my all-things-being-equal scenario where I can make the highest quality solvent, rosin and hash extractions from the same high quality flower and compare to vaping the flower too, I can very confidently say the following:

Proper 5-6 star full melt from a nug run or well stored sugar leaf will ALWAYS taste better than rosin from the same flower, and gives a psychadelic effect that cannot be had from most other solvent based and solventless extracts.
^that & plenty of other specifics, my experience here on ground zero is different & I would bet most of the locals here might find it also that way. Kind of difficult to make bold statements when u can't even try these as you live 1/2way around the world.

----------------------------------

I think we can devise, it is up to herby, if the mission is accepted; to determine/devise the parameters of testing in this 'project'. We can call it The Full Melt Project- FMP. course if we r going IG style, should use the constant and annoying/ubiquitous 'fire/fiyah/feugo' emoji...(wtf, can't find the emoji 4 that here?)

Honestly, given the status of full-melt accorded by herby here, I would think we would have seen that additional qualifier FMCD, when discussing(arguing) about what is 'fiyah'.

(I have a boatload of links to post later on this thread or some others---kind of OT, but also OT(on-topic)

Let me drop a link to one of Chase& my old stomping grounds threads of interest, Horatio DelBert Concentrates

FC member @dizaster096 posted up about HDC in the stash thread:

share that dab stash! (picture thread)

HDC only posted 35x on this TC thread, more a regular on RIU. <highly recommend reading @least Horatio's posts as *well* as member IsoHash <pretty good guess IsoHash thinks his extract tek is better than herbivore21s; lottsa ego's on canna forums....but some very interesting comments by Horatio in that thread, haven't seen some of those ideas/theories on other forums.

http://www.tokecity.com/forums/show...n-LHO-(extracting-Hash-with-orange-Terpenes!)

Terp Tuesday's (the other YT channel, not to be confused with CCC420)

^Cold Terp Vaping/'sipping'

zenmasterofzinfandel,

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
@herbivore21 Has never claimed to be the absolute master you must follow or else you are garbage...

You come across as resentful of the guy for claiming to know anything. Or perhaps you don't like his tone?

I was here reading when he was messing around with solvent extraction, and transitioned into solventless.

He is just a scientist that makes his own solventless concentrates and enjoys sharing the idea with others.

I have never heard him self proclaim to be the best extract artist, just a helpful hand when he has the time.

So where is the harm and what is your point? That other folks on RollitUp would disagree with him/find his Tek inferior? Cool... Good for you!

Baron23

Nature's Lab Sauce, the first review since I've been back from chalice. enjoy!
Thanks Chase....another REALLY, REALLY clean melt shot. Looks wonderful.

Over time as I have educated myself a bit, I have concluded that until the Feds legalize we will continue to have this Balkanized industry where cultivators and extractors are going to be unique to each and every state and products that you (or anybody else in a given state) can get and review will most likely not be anything I will be able to get.

Rather undermines the ability to draw a comprehensive picture of the state of extracts and their relative qualities....except within your state (and of course Cali seems to be the biggest and baddest dog on the block right now) and I know you have even said that southern Cal gets different stuff than northern.

Our dispensaries will be opening in a few months. Our licensed cultivators and processors seem to all have teamed with companies in states that have been legal for a while and hopefully you see their processes and techniques reflected in good quality product from the start (vice the whole learning curve the industry has gone through in the last 5 years or so in CA, CO, WA, etc).

Thanks for the review, that stuff looks great, look forward to the next episode.

And where is that Liger/Hex-nail review! HAHAHA :brow::lol:

Baron23,

zenmasterofzinfandel

Have not seen 'Space Cookies' sauce in LA, forget where, I thought I saw Nature's Lab Tangie + ? extract(rosin/resin?) that placed in a recent? HTCC. Have seen Nature's Lab's other fors of extracts, but not the sauce now. I have a different take on the Jungle Boys & concentrates developments over the recent past yrs. Wish I had more time to participate on online forums, but such cannot be the case for me anytime soon...life get's in the way. Had a bunch of related thread hijacking topics I want to inject here, but just don't have the time.

@hitman's opening of the coffeeshop, I forgot to mention there was this guy, squeezing though the dense crowds with something that fascinated me, more than anything else there. So I asked & he said he had the full set of accessories, tripod, extension rod, etc $$$$. But I did watch the scree to see how well the gimbal system smoothed our the video panning<<<want one! http://store.dji.com/product/osmo-pro

I must admit to not spending anytime reading up on the CCC, whatever that is. Wondering since posted on youtube, is there any IP rights for the content you post Chase? Seeing your job posting on TC thread from yrs ago, you've been in the industry for a while; trying to brainstorm how your could make some $$$ off these reviews. Pro wine tasters/writer/reviewers taste 10k-20k wines/yr many do 100/day at times. Couldn't possibly do it that fast for cannabis, being a more intoxicating drug you cannot spit.

Wondering if you could start your own site like Buzz Dankin, earn some $$ through click-links, perhaps when u get more well known, the extract makers will be courting your reviews, and you could then provide links in your reviews(can be updated) that show where one would obtain such products.

I'm usually trying to avoid any named varieties that have "Space" or any other tGA/Subcoool assosciated lineage. Couple of decades seeing Subcool being a total tool on cannabis forums, want to avoid them if possible. I've been 'guest' ed by vBulletin cannabis forums, never important/irritating enough to have my username deleted, or 'banned'; but like here on FC, ask for the thread/sticky on posting images, you always find deficient info. Dman's 'I think he is doing a great job' of his appointed admn, that violated the most basic rules of the Cannacabana when he trollisly, harrassed me in private messages taunting me, telling me that he had fun secretly putting my acct on 'guess' status when I was having trouble getting my PM's to send to friends there. All because I chastised & repeatedly posted (4x's) in threads that someone who has the ability to do such a tutorial that included issues I brought up about lack of info on posting images & repeated problems ppl where having because they couldn't figure it out...same here, but here, the thread is locked, so you can't even ask for the info that is missing & response from teamFC is simply to repeat the link to the deficient thread, lol.

Pistils on Breedbay 'guest' my accct there b/c I critized a young college student photographer, that was advocating (links) pirated image editing software to do a very tedious process(Subcool's average bud photo skillz, where this noob's idol) of focus stacking, crappy glaring light boxes; that do NOT get you professional results..no matter what a community college instructor may have taught.

I saw the IG for LCC with Chase's dslr/tripod setup for taking close-ups of budshoots for WM, correct?

Did not see a behind the scenes look @how these yt vids are done, that would be interesting.

I have neither the time, nor $$$ to get what I'd really want to beat images posted by non-professional photogs vai cannabis forums/magazines. Even pro-product photogs faile to use tools that would get them better results....then again, no accounting for cultural tastes, some ppl actually like Blair-witchcraft style.

Want to take razor sharp pictures, give a more 3D dimensionality? You need tools that software cannot do an adequate job on, much like digital zoom or image stablization>>>physical/mechanical tools are so superior now.

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/t-se-90-review-tilt-and-shift-lens/

^scroll down to the image of coins, notice when you mouse over the image, only the center coin is razor sharp, those coins @farthest distance are blurry. mouse/trackpad cursor over the image, *all* coins are sharp< that what the tilt function can do. Start with a specialty tilt/shift lens, the 90mm Canon can be used without any tilt/shift(but that would be a waste of it's capabilities u pay $) as a macro lens fully as sharp as almost any other Canon L-series pro lens group. Then u add w1.5 or 2X canon teleconverter

A very limited macro only lens will get even more magnification, but at expense of extremely narrow depth of field, not unlike the microscope images herbivore21 posts. Not quite as spendy as above, but you won't get any 3D like effect from extremely narrow DOF.

http://seeinginmacro.com/canon-mp-e-65-mm-f2-8-best-macro-lens-ever/

^
Is the Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.8 the Best Macro Lens Ever?

^Better off using a FF sensor for these special purpose lenses, TeamTGA was using dslr, just crop-sensors.

Seems IIRC, the 1st hex-nail settings where showing 500F, now down to ~470F, how low have you tried, what are the results with differing consistencies?

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/chalice-decompression-tickets-36454161378

@ccchas420 ^care to hit hitman coffee shop for your 'Chalice decompression party'? Since I attended the grand-opening, typical of hitman, I get email notification just a days notice lol for this Saturday. Was contemplating going & asking Doug WTF he chose Victorville, over NOS in San Ber which is a hell of a lot more convenient, not being far from population centers out in the high desert, and it's usually not so F'n hot during the summer months. Sat July 8, 2017 Victorville hit 112ºF, near record temps that weekend, Palm Springs was in the 120's. If u have those kinds of events, gotta have sheet-fer-brains, not to hold them in a location that is *air conditioned* Only goes to show, these HTCC & other cannabis events are purely designed for recreational users that are majority of 20'something stoners, pureNsimple, you'd have to be Putin to deny it.

@GO April7,they had some young guy sitting@Davenport's table, a single g of SpOiled_Patient's sugar errl that didn't seem to be sampling, so didn't ask. This Saturday, doesn't seem like Davenport will be in attendance, and the BadWizard shatter being handed out last time, I blazed the 0.5 in 1/4th's in just 2days...gone, but mostly forgotten...pretty boring shatter ;p. Guess Urbols(^link above lists preliminary event attendees) will be there this time ,so there's that.

I do not recall what the earlybird judges' pass for categories of concentrates, but it is spendy. Dabathon 4, u can get in free if you reg now, eb pass for judge pass on solvents was $200 for the 2-day/overnight event, now $300; but u probably end up with than much in samples to take home with you...assuming u have 2days to blow, and like that gang-bang mentality of bubbleman, etc others who try to eval/taste dozens @a time. I've done 140+ wines over 6hrs @trade tasting in San Francisco, even spitting every taste, palate fatigue means I could never be a profession wine taster.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dabath...-humboldt-solutions-canna-tickets-33258636477

@Baron23. Going to guess a typo

zenmasterofzinfandel,
Top Bottom