terpines vs cannabinoids. an experiment with temperatures

tokinGLX

http://www.dampkring.nl/12121/1252/experiment-with-the-herbal-air.html

He told me how to do an experiment and experience the difference between the effect of terpines(scent,aroma) and cannabinoids.

Ed:"The combinations of terpines and THC creates the high effect we know of cannabis.The terpines(aroma's) influence the differences in High's from various cannabis strains. Any distinct aroma is caused by terpines. Experience the citrus aroma of an orange or even better, a lemon. You will experience a simular stimulatin effect. It won't be so intense as the with the combination of THC, however you will feel an energetic effect that is like smoking cannabis with a lemon terpine.
I know a fun test that everybody can do who has a vaporizer. Keep the temperature just below the point THC evaporates. Fill the bag with the vapor and close it off. Take another bag and now raise the temperature so the THC will evaporize this time. You got 2 bags now. One filled with the aroma(terpines) and the other with THC. Now you can test yourself what the difference is between terpines and THC. You'll notice the difference with what you normally vaporize(THC and terpines). A lot of people will be surprised. Nice to try sometime with friend,right...."
(Highlife magazine nr.5 2008.)
an excellent write-up that includes some nice pictures of pre, partially, and well-vaped trichomes

tokinGLX,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
exelent post tokin !!! I was sure that terpines was just afecting the taste , not the buzz !!

Clear_Dome,

Frickr

good read. is terpines just a substance found in cannabis alone or is there other plants that contain terpines. if so couldnt you mix the different terpines to adjust a high?

Frickr,

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
Frickr said:
good read. is terpines just a substance found in cannabis alone or is there other plants that contain terpines. if so couldnt you mix the different terpines to adjust a high?
There are an almost endless number of turpenes in mj and many other plants and trees, esp coniferous like pine. In mj, they contribute to the scent and are also the building blocks in cannabinoid production. I believe that they work synergystically with cannibinoids to contribute the high. MJ has certain types of turpenes that make it unique, so mixing from another plant may give a different aroma, but probably not contribute to the buzz. My :2c:

nicelytoasted,
Top Bottom