• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Gear Terminator (Possible Rebuildable Oil Tank)

arrr

Edit: I tried to edit the Title but could not figure out how. I wanted to say Terminator (Possible Rebuildable Oil Tank)

One of my friends is really into e ciggs and he has a bunch of high quality stuff for his e cigg. He was showing me one of his tanks and it reminded a lot like the 710m and dabbler pen tank. The thing about this tank is it is made of all stainless steel and is fully rebuildable. Therefore, if it could be used for oils you could take it part clean it and put it back together with a new coil, wick and ceramic bowl if needed.

The terminator is a clone of the Odysseus tank (my friend has the Odysseus) and is a lot cheaper and people say it works great for eciggs. I was thinking to my self if it worked for oils just like the dabbler/710m that would be great. The only problem is it looks like the ceramic bowl is shaped a bit different from the dabbler/710m and it might leak. I was wondering if anyone here has every experimented with this type of tank, because a fully rebuildable oil tank that hits like the dabbler/710m would be great. I am a little short on cash atm but i may experiment with this in up coming months.

Link to the Terminator http://stormysvaporcellar.com/oc_1/index.php?route=product/product&path=101&product_id=397
Link to guide on how to build and more pictures http://stormysvaporcellar.com/oc_1/image/data/PDF/Terminator_Instructions.pdf

terminator-800x600.jpg
terminator%20ceramic%20cup-800x600.jpg

Terminator%203-800x600.jpg

arrr

Oh they have small and large size though and i think i read somewhere that the large can be used without the clear piece. I bet all the sizes use the same ceramic bowl just the cart is different but I'm not sure. The small size is probably best for oils.

upsetter21

Alright, I actually have been stalking FC for about a year to see if anyone has thought of this. This is the reason I signed up today. Because I just accomplished this.

It's been on my mind since the minute I saw a Terminator. I'm deep into e-cigs, and I got into medical mj vapes at the same time. I dove in feet first on three TV Alphas, a revo, an evo, and an AVA atty. I always liked the idea of the revo, but to be honest none of these devices lived up to my expectations. I do love my Alpha Ultralite as an e-cig, but TV was wrong to push a 10440 battery as sufficient for the essential oil cartdridge. I'm digressing sorry... It must be the vape I just pulled off the Terminator.

Yes, so I've been thinking about this for a LONG time. However I only just started doing something about it. So just to be clear I just puffed down my first 1.2grams of Romulen Amber Oil. The device I used is the "Terminator Dripping Atomizer". That's the smaller one on the left (while facing 'puter screen) in the photo above.

I accomplished this by using a dremel to cut a small piece of ceramic from a fish tank bubbler. I ground it into a cylinder shape, and wrapped it with kanthal. The wire heats up the ceramic which will wick oil into itself when its warm. I can take 1-4 big tastey rips of a couple drops. The sucker gets hot tho. I should mention I'm using a 18650 3.7v battery, the coil is 2.7ohms, and I have a wattage regulator pushing 10watts.

Last week I set up the same atty with a stainless steel mesh burrito roll, and also wrapped with kanthal wire. I melted wax into the burrito by pulsing the battery. Threw the lid on and fat rip. This style pretty much cleared the bowl no matter how much wax I packed in one hit every time. Makes for a bomber, but waste a lot on exhale. Best to load smaller ammounts.

That should get your heads rolling. I'll be back in a couple days.

Forgot to mention, I tried the big ones too, but there are all kinds of places for air to come in when they arent full of e-liquid. The liquid wets the o-rings and completes the seal. They just seemed impractical while the little guy f'n rocks and seals perfectly.

Unfortunately this device has been discontinued, and the one's at Stormy's Vapor Cellar are the only ones available in the US. A Chinese supplier has them called vapourtrend.com but the shipping is almost $30 to the US.

Seriously though, any cost was worth it to me, it's rebuildable!!! There's no reason it won't last a very long time. I do recommend purchasing extra ceramics and o-rings however. The ceramic can crack if you F up, and the o-rings wear out.

Peace.

Mod note: When possible, please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located at the bottom of your posts. Posts merged.

upsetter21

I'm experimenting with a new setup for concentrates using the Terminator RDA. The materials I'm using are XC-116 ceramic wick, #400 Stainless Steel oxidized mesh, AWG32 Kanthal, AWG30 Nickle. I am joining R-NR wires with a capacitive wire welder. I'm wrapping a tight 2.5ohm coil over a sewing needle. I wrap a layer of SS mesh over the XC-116 and clip to the width of the ceramic. I use the sewing need to thread the coil into the middle of the XC-116 which is hollow. I assemble the positive and negative terminations and body of the atomizer. The result is a glowing bulb of heat. It wicks waxy concentrates perfectly, and very large bowls are possible - enough to pass around. Unfortunately, I burned out my first build on the first day of use. I suspect one of my wire welds failed. I'm going to build this again because it was working really well for a few hours.

upsetter21

Here's my latest work... a Terminator Dripping Atty. Joined AWG30 Nickle wire to AWG32 Kanthal using a capacitive wire welder. Wrapped a small 1.8Ohm coil. Threaded the coil into the hollow section of XC-116 ceramic braided wick. Wrapped #400 Oxidized Stainless Steel Mesh over the XC-116. Assembled the coil/wick low in the ceramic. Can put large balls of wax in this and blow yer head off! Cheers.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

arrr

I have s regular sized term i don't use much anymore. Do you know if this can be easily converted to a dripping term? Also do the threads get wax all over them?

arrr,

upsetter21

I can't say I have tried this on the Terminator tank, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work; maybe a little less convenient to load tho.

The tank version most certainly can be built in "dripping mode" by leaving off the tank and associated top caps. Simply build the rebuildable components and screw on only the mouthpiece, leaving out the tank body and caps. With the mouthpiece screwed all the way down (juice flow closed in e-cig terms) you're in dripping mode. It won't have the same sleek looks as the actual dripping Term, but whatever.

Indeed wax/oil can make it's way all over the place. Best prevention is, load small, load often, and use quality material (lighter/clearer is usually better). Personally I get carried away and pack those super bowls, but I think I just increased wasted material in doing; basically caused more bubbling, and when the bubbles pop they splash. Still not a true problem since one can reclaim (scrape & reload).

Granted I've been using some real hippy $hit (shake derived BHO, sun-cured for solvent abatement) that does not burn clear at all and leaves a lot behind (terpins/flavanoids/vegie matter). So after a week of 5 or 10 bowls a day, I began to have trouble unscrewing the cap even after doing my best to scrape away the crud. The beauty is the battery life - nothing like a thermovape dart or an omnicron. With the extra mAh of a decent 18650, you have enough electricity to warm up the atty at first sitting, which frees up any seized parts as long as you do your unscrewing while it's warm. I pulse the coil a few times and just wait for the SS to feel warm. I've used a battery for 3 days, heavy vaping, w/o a charge.

On the Terminator dripping atty the top cap screws down onto the base, avoiding the threads of the rebuildable part so there is more of a margin resulting in most of the excess getting onto the rebuildable threads and thus not gumming up the base threads. That's why I imagine the tank style would be a little less convenient - the mouthpiece will definitely get goo on it and could at times become hard to unscrew. I'd be curious to know how it works out for you. I don't see myself doing this with one of my tanks because they're always being used for ejuice. Once you go wax/oil, you probably won't want to use that ceramic & parts for ejuice anymore unless you are really good at cleaning things.

I brainstorm about including the tank to give a dome effect, but haven't tried it. In this case I would probably leave out the mouthpiece and just pop a drip tip into the top cap of the tank. The dome effect cools the vape down a bit as I experience with another e-cig device modded for wax.

For a long time, I was buying those Vision "Stone" tank atty's from Stormy's because they were on special for $3.50 a piece. They absolutely suck for e-juice, but I found that once I took out the silicone rubber and pulled out the wicks, they made a killer wax pen. You could view your vapor through the polycarbonate tank which acted as a dome. The ceramic cup was only big enough for one-hitters though.

Darb

Hey upsetter21,
Do you have any store bought oil Vapes to compare your terminator to?
Do you have any video of yours in action?

Darb,

upsetter21

Late to notice your reply. My "store bought" experience includes the VapeD and the Thermovape Revolution. TV was a sad experience for me. I spent more time cleaning than vaping, and my monstor lungs would clear a bowl mid-flight - never able to pack enough to satisfy w/o clogola. Also was difficult to source clean enough wax or oil. Always waiting for my dispensary to stock the clear stuff, only to find it totally pricey. Harborside started stocking a clear for a semi-reasonable price, and motivated me to dig up the TV stuff again - never had a real dart setup until I found out here that the AVA atty can be used - dug mine up and found the brass/stainless reacted due to being left with e-juice in it. I rust bubble formed and cracked the stainless sleave. That was a pricey mistake. I have a 6v AVA and it doesn't accept the dart loader. TV pissed me off, but I must say the Evo 6v or 3.7v both work outstanding on an UltraMax for dry herb - still one of my favorite buzzes.

The VapeD was alright, especially if you take it away from those lame eGo batteries that turn off in the middle of a good vape. That flashing light is a nightmare. A bunch of my pals paid way too much for these pens and were blown away when I introduced them to the eGO-to-510 adapter thus allowing connection to a mechanical mod with an 18650 dropped in. My other complaint would be the lack of airflow once used a few times and a noticeable amount of not-vaped matter always left behind. A friend let me play with a bulb-type a couple times too and enjoyed viewing the vape, but nothing special about the actual performance.

The most insulting aspect of my life at the moment is the fact that I recently failed a drug screening for work and now I can't play along with you guys for awhile. Tell me if this was stupid thinking: I'm not working due to work related injury (torn ACL & meniscus). During my recovery I turned to THC for pain management and also found relief & help of a tinitus and vertigo condition related to an old jaw injury. Try sleeping with a motor sound running in your head that only gets louder when you plug your ears - well THC got me to sleep. Since I'm not working I thought I was not required to pass a drug test, and also thought a Prop 215 card would protect me if I had; not the case. I volunteered a specimen under contract issued by the training program related to the job and the positive result of THC in my saliva initiated a Drug Rehab program. So I'm clean and sober and going to meetings with real junkies and will soon be pissing in a cup. So the demos here on FC are on hold for now.

Maybe I can get a friend to vape a giant cloud on a vid for you guys. Thanks for the attention on this Terminator atty. Over time I'll be back to show off some stuff, but in the meantime some of y'all should pony up some green notes and get some of these before they vanish and start playing around. It's nothing but fun!

I'll repeat that the one I show in the photo lasted through at least 10 grams of abusive vaping of dirty hippy butane honey oil and never clogged and blew up many heads with thick vapor and full monstor lung hits. Most folks I showed this to, needed to go light on the button to keep from exploding the domw. I have the lungs of steel and found this to be the most satisfying oil vape I've ever achieved on a portable device. In fact my glass was just laying around collected dust. The shear convenience is unparralleled. The only complaint would be that sometimes it was difficult to unscrew the cap, but a little time pulsing the battery always warmed it up and softened the material enough to get the job done.

Hey upsetter21,
Do you have any store bought oil Vapes to compare your terminator to?
Do you have any video of yours in action?

upsetter21,
Reactions: arrr

clukx

@upsetter21 How much can you load in one of these home made devices and how many hits can you get? can i load it one time in the morning and have it last all day as a heavy user?

clukx,

upsetter21

The material I have is bubble-gum like in consistency. I rolled up a ball about the size of a buck shot and it was good for about 4 large hits. The thing is most all concentrates I've tried bubble at some point in the heating process, which is less desirable as it causes material to spread out more and get on areas where the heating element isn't. Honestly the best hits come from balls a little larger than BB's. I suppose if more coils were wound, resulting in more Ohms, then a cooler heating element might make it last longer. That's sort of the area I want to play with when I get back on the wagon. The beauty is that one can tune a rebuildable to one's liking, rather than simply settling for what's off-the shelf on a prebuilt or disposable device. I would say however with the build I displayed, the bowl became seasoned with material, and even if I didn't load a freshy there was enough THC laying around from previous packings to get high a few more times, although flavor begins to degrade slightly, and more time is spent heating up the coil - basically getting the stuff from the sides of the bowl back to a liquid and eventually swirled into the heating area. Seems pulsing was as good way to free up some of the overspray if you will (parts that bubbled off to the sides of the bowl). In generaly heat repels the concentrated material when I'm on the trigger, and then coming off the trigger gravity lets if flow back after prior pulse softened the sludge. Hope that makes sense. You may be able to get an all day effect by managing the your hits. I tend to show off to myself with needlessly large clouds; considering how little vapor is actually required to medicate - the lungs can only exchange so much on a breath. Yet there was a trend that loading more seems to result in a heavier hit rather than allowing more hits. If your lungs will let you you could dust off any sized bowl on one trigger pull. But holding off on the trigger allowed more small hits. I guess it's all in technique.

upsetter21,

clukx

im looking for like 50 hits in one load! haha is that possible? I have an omicron if youre familiar which is supposedly 400+ hits in 1, 1 gram load.. but im looking for hits like this in something more customizable.
Ive had a mod before that was very low ohm where you had to tap the button or else you could fry everything inside and the atomizer itself but these rebuildable ones seem pretty fun.

clukx,

arrr

The only complaint would be that sometimes it was difficult to unscrew the cap, but a little time pulsing the battery always warmed it up and softened the material enough to get the job done.

Yeah it would be great if a quality rebuildable was around that would allow for easy loading and not get oil in the threads. I think there will be one soon.

arrr,
Top Bottom