temperature problems.....

oOlGanjalOo

I have a question....i recently purchased a Vaporite Mini Digit vr-010...i actually replaced the factory whip with a nicer one purchased at the head shop because it seemed like even setting my temp at 300F was combusting the herb. Well my suspicion was that maybe the heating element was too close to the material, and when i tried the larger whip it doesnt burn near as much. My problem is basically still the same though, it seems like im using MORE product vaping becuase im not getting then end result i desire and the bowl is cashed way too fast, maybe im not drawing on the whip properly? Poor Vaporizer in general? please...any feedback is appreciated because im wasting a lot of money here...=(

oOlGanjalOo,

george

Unfortunately, i believe it is "a poor vaporizer in general" .

Maybe someone who knows more about this model could help you out, but if it were me i never would have bought that vape in the first place :/ sorry dude

Also, not sure if you've checked this yet. It may help you out.
http://www.vaporitevapes.com/product_minidigit.html

george,

oOlGanjalOo

Thats pretty much what i figured, that i was fast talked into it. Unfortunately money is low and can't afford anything really expensive (well at this point at all), but im a complete beginner to vapes. I know the basic temperature settings for vaping, but maybe the temp gauge is just shot. Yeah, ive checked everywhere on this but it just seems like im wasting herbs no matter what i try.

oOlGanjalOo,

oOlGanjalOo

its not BURNING the buds anymore with my new whip, but again, it seems like i get 3 or 4 hits on 350F but seems like its not much vapor. maybe im packing it too much? sorry im such a noob but maybe you could tell me step by step how to properly vape?

oOlGanjalOo,

oOlGanjalOo

i could, i suppose, but im not packing much at all. just enough to cover the screen, really. ground up really well, but not powder, yet the herbs turn black after a hit or two. so i lowered the digital readout to like 262 F and its better, but still scorches a bit. Hard to believe it would be off by that much, and is a bad first impression for me concerning vaporizers in general. do you think sending it back under warranty would do any good or is it just a bad brand in general maybe

oOlGanjalOo,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
if it is turning your herb black I would say that your vape is running warmer than what it is displaying. Turn it down. If it keeps turning it black, turn it down some more. Keep doing this until it is chocolate brown when you are done or lighter. Darker means your using too much heat.
You might also want to load a tiny bit more. the amounts you are using may only give you one hit if you are running high heat

DevoTheStrange,

oOlGanjalOo

how many hits should i be able to get off of a single bowl do you think? i lowered it to 265 on the readout, and i got about 5 pulls but they were a little harsh and still seemed to vape a little fast, but the color was like you described

oOlGanjalOo,

oOlGanjalOo

i dont want to pack more because im afraid of it getting to close to the heating element, will it hurt it if the temp is properly set? sorry for all the questions

oOlGanjalOo,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
honestly if you are running the correct temp there should be no worries about how close to the heater the stuff is.
If its still dark and still prone to combusting you have to turn the temp down even further....
Or you can try by turning it way down more than you normally would, and see if it produces vapor and slowly turn the temp up. This will help you find the lower end of vaping temps.

Just because the temp read out gives you a number does not mean that is the actual temp of the air hitting your herb. Especially with the lower quality vaporizers, sometimes the temp reading can be drastically off. The numbers should only be used as a guide to help you find your sweet spot. Find out what the temp read out is for when the vaporizer first starts to produce vapor. That way you can always set it for that temp to begin with, and if you want stronger effects slowly increase the temps.
Eventually you will find the zone with which you should operate.

DevoTheStrange,

2clicker

Observer
DevoTheStrange said:
honestly if you are running the correct temp there should be no worries about how close to the heater the stuff is.
If its still dark and still prone to combusting you have to turn the temp down even further....
Or you can try by turning it way down more than you normally would, and see if it produces vapor and slowly turn the temp up. This will help you find the lower end of vaping temps.

Just because the temp read out gives you a number does not mean that is the actual temp of the air hitting your herb. Especially with the lower quality vaporizers, sometimes the temp reading can be drastically off. The numbers should only be used as a guide to help you find your sweet spot. Find out what the temp read out is for when the vaporizer first starts to produce vapor. That way you can always set it for that temp to begin with, and if you want stronger effects slowly increase the temps.
Eventually you will find the zone with which you should operate.

do this^^^^^^^^

start out on the low end and keep dialing it up until you get vapor. then dial it up until it produces the amount of vapor your looking for w/out combustion of course.

then just use that range of numbers on the readout. dont even think of them as temp numbers.

2clicker,

oOlGanjalOo

wow hell yeah much better...thanks so much guys. saved me a major headache and a dent in the wallet =/

oOlGanjalOo,
Top Bottom