Temp Tech USA

dizaster096

Surprised no thread was made for this but this device is a hands free thermometer 3d printed box that sits under a Banger, plus has a rechargeable battery to make it wireless.

https://temptech.org/

I own a Enail and a Liger 30mm with sapphire insert but a problem with this kinda setup is i'd never use it on a heady dab rig (most are below 7inchs and don't weigh much) because of tipping issues. Also going the banger route gives you something you can see through its sidewalls vs TI and an Enail ties your setup down to how ever long your coil reaches.

Only problem with the banger setup for me was it was a guessing game for the temps this box seems to solve these problems. It also can be calibrated via Emissivity settings to its surface that it is reading which gives a more accurate result. Quartz, Opaque Quartz, etc

I've got one shipping to me now, They do sellout extremely quick in about 10mins gotta watch instagram for when they are gonna drop. @temptechusa

Bubbleman has a unboxing\preview of the Unit for more info and seeing it in action.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
giphy.gif

Maitri

Deadhead, Low-Temp Dabber, Mahayana Buddhist
I've had mine for a few months. I like being able to monitor my banger's temperature in a way that is both instant and hands free. What I do not like about it is that it measures the temperature of the bottom of the banger rather than the surface that actually meets the concentrates. According to my temp gun and Terpometer, the difference between the banger's bottom and its inner floor can be over 100℉, which means you will want to better understand your banger's heart related characteristics in order to be able to understand the relationship between what the TempTech reports and your actual surface temp.

The Terpometer solves that by measuring the surface that meets your dab. It works great - but it is not perfect in that it is not instant read and you have to hold it in your hand as you measure the temp.

I hope that was helpful. :)

dizaster096

I've had mine for a few months. I like being able to monitor my banger's temperature in a way that is both instant and hands free. What I do not like about it is that it measures the temperature of the bottom of the banger rather than the surface that actually meets the concentrates. According to my temp gun and Terpometer, the difference between the banger's bottom and its inner floor can be over 100℉, which means you will want to better understand your banger's heart related characteristics in order to be able to understand the relationship between what the TempTech reports and your actual surface temp.

The Terpometer solves that by measuring the surface that meets your dab. It works great - but it is not perfect in that it is not instant read and you have to hold it in your hand as you measure the temp.

Yea seen that pen but wanted a hands free device.:)

dizaster096,

Ramahs

Oooohhh! That looks sooo much better. And I love that it's got a dab tool on the other end.
Just check temp instantly, flip and go! No second device to keep around...just a dabber with a built-in thermometer :rockon::rockon::rockon:
This is relevant to my interests! Is there a thread for it already?

Ramahs,

Maitri

Oooohhh! That looks sooo much better. And I love that it's got a dab tool on the other end.
Just check temp instantly, flip and go! No second device to keep around...just a dabber with a built-in thermometer :rockon::rockon::rockon:
This is relevant to my interests! Is there a thread for it already?

FYI: The TempTech is instant read. The Terpometer is not.

Ramahs

FYI: The TempTech is instant read. The Terpometer is not.

Care to elaborate on what that means?
Do I have to wait a few minutes? Because they made it look instant in the video.
Are they full of shit liars with doctored videos? Fuck them, I guess :bang: :goon:

Back to Temp Tech then....

Ramahs,

Maitri

Care to elaborate on what that means?
Do I have to wait a few minutes? Because they made it look instant in the video.
Are they full of shit liars with doctored videos? Fuck them, I guess :bang: :goon:

Back to Temp Tech then....

Any chance you can post a link to the video you referenced? I would like to view it before replying to your question.

EDIT:

I found this video produced by Terpometer on YouTube:

It clearly shows (to me, anyway) that it is not instant read, which inspires my curiosity about the video you mentioned.

Last edited:
Maitri,

Baron23

Any chance you can post a link to the video you referenced? I would like to view it before replying to your question.

EDIT:

It clearly shows (to me, anyway) that it is not instant read, which inspires my curiosity about the video you mentioned.
That's pretty instant read to me compared to most K-type thermos I have been exposed to.

Still, pretty pricey for its purpose.

Ramahs

EDIT:

Looks fairly instant to me...assuming that one would of course have it turned on before heating the banger so that one could put it on the glass instantly and get that reading.

Ramahs,

dizaster096

Shes arrived Switch her on and shes going, I then set emissivity to opaque quartz and was doing cold temp dabs right away. If rig is smaller then 6.5 inches rig you'll need a lift the rig because you want at least a inch between unit because of heat + plastic dont mix. Don't think i'll be touching the liger30mm with sapphire for a while lol. I'd recommend it too people with headies that they ain't going to put a coil on it because fear of tipping. Or bring it with heady setup because new units use a rechargeable battery via USB, A USB power bank can be used if nothing else around also.

Terpometer is cool and deserves its own thread but i wanted something hands free and isn't what i was looking for but heard about it and researched it before I choose TempTechUSA, Already lots of things to hold like dabber cab torch don't wanna add more to list. Or be sticking a device into a hot banger when high late at night, this unit is hassle free.

(Copy and Paste from my Instagram post)

"Finally able to get accurate temperature hands free with the help of this 3d printed inferred thermometer. Shout out to @temptechusa for making this even has emissivity settings for surface its reading including opaque quartz. Great device for people with heady rigs that are light and cant support a enail, or wanting accurate temps wirelessly it has a rechargeable battery via usb.

Buttons are for lights and changing from farenheit to celcius and emissivity settings.

These sellout quick so enable notifications on @temptechusa stories for when more units are made this batch of units was all gone in first 10 mins. Impressive how 3d printing has improved in recent years."

Last edited:
Top Bottom