Tea thread--what do you like?

lazylathe

Almost there...
@MinnBobber

Being born and raised in South Africa, one of my favorites is Rooibos tea.
Translated it is Red Bush tea as it does not actually come from a tea plant but from a different bush!
It has a wonderful honey type flavor to it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooibos

Another one I really enjoy, thank to @biohacker is Tulsi tea. Also known as Holy Basil.
Very tasty!

And the last one I really enjoy is just a plain peppermint tea!

Add a bit of unpasteurized honey and I am a happy camper!

withoutbliss

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Yerba Mate has a ton of vitamins and minerals. Plus it has the highest caffeine content of any other natural tea (as far as I know anyways ;)). Doesn't taste awesome IMO but if you're going for caffeine and nutrition, Yerba Mate is your best bet.

crawdad

floatin
chamomile, peppermint, lemon balm, ginger...steeped for about 10 minutes then add honey...and if im feeling extra fancy i dash some almond milk in. otherwise, luzianne low-slow heat steep, then lots of ice and sugar.

Msek

Appreciate the mention of Tulsi tea, something new to try!

Black teas are a mainstay. I like lemongrass as a change of pace sometime too.
Adagio teas is where I've been obtaining teas from lately. Not pushing Adagio, there are many online sources, posting links for information purposes.

Their Green Rooibos Bonita is a favorite and worth a try. I like their lemongrass too, just noticed a lemongrass/ginger in the herbal teas. One nice thing with teas if kept sealed away from sunlight they last a long time so once you find some favorites you can save $$ with bigger bag purchases.

Green Rooibos Bonita
https://www.adagio.com/rooibos/green_rooibos_bonita.html
Really nice loose tea infuser
https://www.adagio.com/teaware/stainless_steel_infuser.html

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
for a standard cup of tea with milk a honey I like organic breakfast or earl grey, when I want a black black tea I like Keemun panda or if I want something funky lapsang souchong. for green spring jasmine among others and I wouldn't say no to some white tea

Bad Dog

Decided to get back into tea again and just bought a 100 pack of organic breakfast from mighty leaf. really only planed on getting the breakfast but they were having a promotion, spend over $90 and get a 20 tea sample bags, I couldn’t pass it up! So I also got a small box of white orchid and it’s very nice but I’ve yet to try it cold which I really enjoy and find refreshing with white teas but since its not summer anymore refreshing isn’t my current craving. I went with bags for this order for the convenience, though typically I’m a loose leaf guy I also like to re-steep and bags are just less work so I figured why not. I’m really psyched for this sampler bag it’s full of stuff I find interesting but probably wouldn’t spring for a whole box to try.
C6F8ABC8-43A9-4F10-93E8-02FBDB21C0F5.jpeg

Bad Dog

man I'm making quick work of that sampler pack! the emerald matcha 👍 darjeeling estate :tup:wild berry hibiscus :clap: and turmeric ginger:drool::love::bowdown: I'm happier then a pig in plop! orange blossom black tea tomorrow morning

I've shifted more towards coffee over the last couple years, but I still love loose leaf tea. I'm mostly into green teas. Gyokuro is amazing, but I don't buy it often due to the high price. There are lower priced Sencha varieties that still hit the spot. I also like making Matcha the traditional way from time to time. For brewing regular loose leaf tea, I use the Breville Tea Maker. It's not cheap, but I bought it for my girlfriend as a gift 8 or 9 years ago and it's still going strong!

Top Bottom