• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Taxes! What are yours buying?

Caligula

Maximus
Probably would have preferred the DHS give the city money to fix potholes instead... but an armored urban assault "rescue" vehicle is cool... I guess.

20140419_100054_zpsruhtuolf.jpg

I just thought it was funny seeing this right after tax season.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Still hoarding some for living expenses - hubby is still in job hunt mode - fortunately, our income was so low we qualified for a tax credit (how messed up is that?), so we have a little tiny bit of breathing room still.

I usually only think about taxes on a local level. I want more to go to education; REAL education, not just more admins due to increased govt paperwork, but I want every child to have a chance at real education that develops their strengths and interests, and which fosters community. We are so very stupidly backwards, pouring so much into destruction, and nothing into constructive, future-thinking channels.

The airforce should have to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber.

clouded vision

Mine pays for my 7 bosses to micro manage me and my subordinates to the point that I could literally be replaced with an instant messaging program. Of course that would mean IT would have to pull their heads out their asses long enough to just pick one that actually works instead of trying to write their own so "it will interface with our systems"
This might belong in the fuck you thread but I work for the government so it's also what my taxes are doing.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Mine pays for my 7 bosses to micro manage me and my subordinates to the point that I could literally be replaced with an instant messaging program. Of course that would mean IT would have to pull their heads out their asses long enough to just pick one that actually works instead of trying to write their own so "it will interface with our systems"
This might belong in the fuck you thread but I work for the government so it's also what my taxes are doing.
:nod: :disgust:

I was in a micro-managed department for a short time. And, I understand the IT frustration.

basement farmer

My face is melting...
Probably would have preferred the DHS give the city money to fix potholes instead... but an armored urban assault "rescue" vehicle is cool... I guess.

20140419_100054_zpsruhtuolf.jpg

I just thought it was funny seeing this right after tax season.

You also get the added benefit of paying for the fuel and wages associated with joy riding for no good reason. How awesome is that?

basement farmer

My face is melting...
Mine pays for my 7 bosses to micro manage me and my subordinates to the point that I could literally be replaced with an instant messaging program.

We need to talk about your TPS reports

Ah Yeah. It's just we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports before they go out now. So if you could go ahead and try to remember to do that from now on, that'd be great. All right

Top Bottom