Taste Buds: Smoking and Vaping

Mezz Mezzrow

I know from reading messages here that many people continue to smoke some after their conversion to vaping. I was a 30+ year daily, heavy smoker before I tried vaping, and I instantly stopped smoking entirely. After a few weeks though I tried to smoke some, more to gauge the difference in the effect than to judge the difference in taste. I was amazed at how repulsive I found the taste of the smoke. Almost intolerable. Now I've always enjoyed the taste of smoke. I've also stopped smoking for periods of several months at several points during my 30+ years and never experienced such a strange revulsion once I started smoking again.

I tried to experiment a bit more, despite the horrible taste, and I found that the worst taste was from a really dirty pipe. A second, much cleaner pipe was much easier to deal with, and a "J" was the easiest of all.

I've read a couple of other posts here from people who seemed to describe a similar reaction to smoking after converting to vaping, but it seems to be a rare reaction. Is it psychological or is there an actual physical change in my taste buds? Something more than just the cleaning out that a lay-off can cause?

Mezz Mezzrow,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
I'm the same way Mezz. I absoloutly cannot stand the taste of smoke anymore. Its horrid. I wont even imbibe to be social anymore. Most of my friends think I'm crazy, but I really cant stand the taste.

highendvapes,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I was like that for the first year, highend. Now I'll do whatever. But I am not a fan of the ass-mouth taste the next morning from smoking. I only smoke my own stuff if it is cheap regs, and it works better smoking. I don't smoke my good stuff, though.

stickstones,

VapoBreizh

HI all!
Exactly the same experience, i smoke during more than 15 years, and stop it 1 week after get my vaporizer! it's magic! (3 month tabacco free yeasterday! yeah!)
Now i can smoke 1 o 2 on a spliff..at the third the taste is realy horrible! :puke:
And moreover tabacco is the only "plant" i try that have an horrible taste when vaporized too!
it would be interresting to know how many vaporizer users stop smoking just after get it!

Hope it's comprehensible, not natural english spoker!!!

bye! bye! kenavo! (how we say home)

VapoBreizh,

indigal

Amongst the corn
Mezz Mezzrow said:
I know from reading messages here that many people continue to smoke some after their conversion to vaping. I was a 30+ year daily, heavy smoker before I tried vaping, and I instantly stopped smoking entirely. After a few weeks though I tried to smoke some, more to gauge the difference in the effect than to judge the difference in taste. I was amazed at how repulsive I found the taste of the smoke. Almost intolerable. Now I've always enjoyed the taste of smoke. I've also stopped smoking for periods of several months at several points during my 30+ years and never experienced such a strange revulsion once I started smoking again.

I tried to experiment a bit more, despite the horrible taste, and I found that the worst taste was from a really dirty pipe. A second, much cleaner pipe was much easier to deal with, and a "J" was the easiest of all.

I've read a couple of other posts here from people who seemed to describe a similar reaction to smoking after converting to vaping, but it seems to be a rare reaction. Is it psychological or is there an actual physical change in my taste buds? Something more than just the cleaning out that a lay-off can cause?
Similar here- 15 years light use, with my fav glass pipes.. Tried an Iolite at a party and fell in love & bought one. Have not used fire since for my recreational activities! I'm usually around friends who smoke on the weekends and have a hard time refusing a puff since I don't want to offend.. but it just about makes me gag. I find myself making sure I have a drink in hand to rinse, and just pulling the smoke into my mouth and not my lungs so I don't cough! I also feign the "I'm a lightweight (I am) and I'm good- thanks!" routine. I bring my Iolite out, it never fails to entertain.. Although it sometimes feels like I'm a walking advert as everyone wants to see how it works, what it does..:) Considering many of our friends have never seen a vape, it's kinda like a infomercial!

indigal,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
I'm like stickstones on this one. For awhile I could only vape and smoking disgusted me. Lately I've been able to tolerate it and I smoked outta my roor with beads in it to aid diffusion packed full of ice and that was the first time in awhile I actually enjoyed smoking again. Was actually surprisingly smooth. I missed actual clouds. Foggin up a room After one massive hit was kinda fun. I didn't however like wakin up, coughing and having a dark phlem come out. And spilling bong water on myself is something I don't miss. Vapor is still the way to go for me. Cant beat the taste or the efficency. Vapor FTW

minnesnowta,
Top Bottom