Tacoma Washington to shut down medical dispensaries

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
Well, the state has had since 1998 to come up with a patient centered common sense plan for regulating medical marijuana, but has failed to act. This has left patients with the responsibility to manage this ourselves with varying degrees of success.

Now that a few high priced recreational shops have opened, the city of Tacoma has decided to force all dispensaries to shut down if they do not have a permit from the state: a permit that does not exist.

They argue that a tiny handful of recreational shops that have barely just opened can serve the needs of seriously ill patients. Or, we can just grow it ourselves since that is an option. Neither option works for people in need of professionally prepared specialty cannabis products or who might be too sick or disabled to become a farmer just to get their medicine.

Without access to high quality lab tested high CBD cannabis products, my quality of life will suffer immensely. I do not want my health to balance on whether or not I can find black-market sources for medicine if I am not successful at growing it myself.

Please, if you live in Washington or know people that do, urge then to let their local representative know that they stand with patients before profit.

There will be a rally in Olympia on January 22nd.

Here's one brief article on this topic.

http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/tacoma/2014/12/07/medical-marijuana-collectives/20072465/

howie105

Wow, look the state is fucking things up. Don't buy into the the state is looking out for users rap, they are looking for our cash. If they really wanted to take care of the user they would just walk away IMO.

howie105,

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
Wow, look the state is fucking things up. Don't buy into the the state is looking out for users rap, they are looking for our cash. If they really wanted to take care of the user they would just walk away IMO.
You are right about the state screwing up anything or touches. Imagine if pumpkins were prohibited and carried similar penalties as illegal cannabis. You might not be surprised if a black market indoor grown pumpkin pie costs $100. But why does the state expect people to pay $300 for legal pie when a slice sells it for a couple bucks in a free market?

If they don't like dispensaries but say we can grow and act as caregivers for other patients, they might not like it when open air medical marijuana farmer's markets pop up with patients selling to patients with no controls whatsoever.

Last edited:
ChippyMalone,

Gunky

Well, more accurately in this case the city, not the state, screwed things up. Admittedly the whole WA state setup wasn't well thought out and is vastly inferior to CO.

Gunky,
Reactions: grokit
Top Bottom