• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

T-Vape only portable that fits the bill for my needs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyesofgood

I have only owned one vaporizer - the Dragon Lite(knock of of MFLB). I saw the section on it and know it has a bad reputation, but for $27/free shipping it more than served me well for nearly a year. Last few months it is very hard to get quality hits, it's not heating up well enough for whatever reason. It's time to move on.

I liked the DL because it looked like a little black piece of plastic junk and I always felt if a cop happened to pull me over and saw it in my console mixed in with all the other junk, they might not even give it a second look, where as the MFLB is bright and the bowl is very visible, and looks like some sort of wooden, pipe-ish device.

What made me ok with the DL is the same thing that i am looking for now - something that if an office happens to see it, won't draw that much attention. I have quit smoking all together and now use an e-cig. E-cigs are everywhere and cops don't bat an eye towards them now. That's why I want a ecig looking pen style vaporizer. The G-pen looks great but it obviously combusts. Don't want combustion at all, it MUST truly vaporize. What good is a portable if the air smells strong of weed, might as well be carrying around a joint.

So far(in my VERY limited research) it looks like the t-Vape is the only style unit that has the looks I want and may actually vaporized dry herb. BTW, concentrates are not a concern for me, just herb. Is this true or are there any others that are on par? I know about the inhalater too but it was way too expensive, although I think I just saw it reduced to $170? Would love the Solo, but it doesn't have the stealth/ecig looks I desire. I really want something under $100.

eyesofgood,

Kaptan

Here's a few you should consider, flowermate vapormax, Inhalater 05, and the Pinnacle Pro.

Kaptan,

clouded vision

Don't forget about anything from thermovape. They all have the same look as the Tvape and they work great once you get the technique down. Honestly though it would be tough to pass off any of the vapes already listed as an ecig, all are considerably larger than any normal ecig. In fact the Tvape is the only vape I ever bought that was actually larger than I expected it to be. It is about as long and fat as a large cigar is. That seems to be about as small as you can get and still effectively vaporize flowers as the rest mentioned are all around that same size. If anyone could actually make a flower cartridge for ego style batteries or even a unit that size, that really worked, they would make a fortune because there is someone looking for exactly that here in the ask fc section literally every week.
The closest is the zenpen/grasshopper which has been generating buzz for over a year without even a proof of concept. I wouldn't hold my breath on it ever making it to market (if they can even produce one that will work that is).

Edit: you should probably look at the indica vaporizer though. It looks like an oversized zippo lighter so could easily be overlooked by a LEO. Just don't let him/her see it up close or you using , you would have a hard time explaining why you are sucking on a lighter.

eyesofgood

Thanks folks, those are great suggestions. The Flowermate looks just like an ecig mod except for one problem... why the hell would they put an actual marijuana leaf on the unit? Jeez, if not for that it would be my easy choice. I guess you can always put tape around it but all someone has to do is rip it off. Wish i could order it without the symbol.

The Pinnacle Pro looks great... does anyone have an opinion on whether or not the vape is overly hot and uncomfortable on the throat? Saw a video review where they guy claims it is too hot even at low temp setting. I'm sure that's something I could handle, but not sure how bad so please let me know.

Thermovape and indica comes in around $200 from what I've seen so that's more than I ant to spend but would you choose either over the T-Vape, Pinnacle, or Flowermate regardless?

Where is the best place to order from? Ebay seems cheaper but are there any thre any sellers who are more reputable than others for the Pinnacle, Flowermate, or T-Vape?

eyesofgood,

Kaptan

Thanks folks, those are great suggestions. The Flowermate looks just like an ecig mod except for one problem... why the hell would they put an actual marijuana leaf on the unit? Jeez, if not for that it would be my easy choice. I guess you can always put tape around it but all someone has to do is rip it off. Wish i could order it without the symbol.

The Pinnacle Pro looks great... does anyone have an opinion on whether or not the vape is overly hot and uncomfortable on the throat? Saw a video review where they guy claims it is too hot even at low temp setting. I'm sure that's something I could handle, but not sure how bad so please let me know.

Thermovape and indica comes in around $200 from what I've seen so that's more than I ant to spend but would you choose either over the T-Vape, Pinnacle, or Flowermate regardless?

Where is the best place to order from? Ebay seems cheaper but are there any thre any sellers who are more reputable than others for the Pinnacle, Flowermate, or T-Vape?
The Inhalater 05 is a current indiegogo campaign for $170 for the basic kit. You will need a USB charger if you get that kit. I have the previous iteration of the inhalater, the inh XP. I do prefer the Inhalater over the PNP for performance, battery, and taste. The PnP is a great little vape as well, but it's vapor is a little on the harsh side. I usually dont go above setting 2 for that reason, unless its water cooled. Vapor Blunt did make a nice small compact waterpipe that connects to the PnP to cool the vapor.
I don't have a T-vape to offer any input on that one.

If you decide on the PnP, go with the yoyokid on eBay. Check the Pinnacle Pro thread for more info.

If you decide on the Flowermate, check the FM thread for a seller named Flower. She is mentioned in multiple posts. Good luck!

Kaptan,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Wait for the Tvape 2, I should be getting mine soon will be giving feedback about it as soon as possible, if your considering a tvape and flowermate why not a firewood?

I personally wouldn't buy a PnP considering the inh 05 can be had for 150 on massdrop.

paytonpenn,
Reactions: al bundy

eyesofgood

The Inhalater 05 is a current indiegogo campaign for $170 for the basic kit. You will need a USB charger if you get that kit. I have the previous iteration of the inhalater, the inh XP. I do prefer the Inhalater over the PNP for performance, battery, and taste. The PnP is a great little vape as well, but it's vapor is a little on the harsh side. I usually dont go above setting 2 for that reason, unless its water cooled. Vapor Blunt did make a nice small compact waterpipe that connects to the PnP to cool the vapor.
I don't have a T-vape to offer any input on that one.

If you decide on the PnP, go with the yoyokid on eBay. Check the Pinnacle Pro thread for more info.

If you decide on the Flowermate, check the FM thread for a seller named Flower. She is mentioned in multiple posts. Good luck!

Ok I searched through that thread and finally found mention of "Flower". Is that seller offering the FM for $50.50 for anyone who says they are FC member? If not, what is the price offered and how to go about getting the deal?

I looked up yoyokid on Ebay and saw that seller only has 44 feedback and no current items for sale. Am I looking at the right seller?

As far as payton mentioning the Tvape 2, when does that come out and any word on price point? Anyone else have opinion on the original tvape? I think I can get one for under $100 on Ebay but if the PnP is better, I'd rather pay a lbit more and get that. Like I said though, if I can get the FM for WELL under $100, I''d get it despite the MJ symbol... wonder if it's made into the metal or is paint that I can remove with solvent lol.

eyesofgood,

Kaptan

Ok I searched through that thread and finally found mention of "Flower". Is that seller offering the FM for $50.50 for anyone who says they are FC member? If not, what is the price offered and how to go about getting the deal?

I looked up yoyokid on Ebay and saw that seller only has 44 feedback and no current items for sale. Am I looking at the right seller?

As far as payton mentioning the Tvape 2, when does that come out and any word on price point? Anyone else have opinion on the original tvape? I think I can get one for under $100 on Ebay but if the PnP is better, I'd rather pay a lbit more and get that. Like I said though, if I can get the FM for WELL under $100, I''d get it despite the MJ symbol... wonder if it's made into the metal or is paint that I can remove with solvent lol.
It might be yoyokid01, but you would have to verify on the PNP thread.
You can certainly get the Flowermate for $75 shipped, $50 + $25 for shipping. I got in a little earlier for $71. Battery life is excellent at about 10 sessions per charge.

Kaptan,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I like my T-Vape the 2 will probably be released shortly after you see some reviews form, my assumption is price is the same but it's totally understandable to raise it because it will come with two different battery and oven sizes so 200-250 may be more of the retail price. Though for 200+ I'd go for the Elevape.

I wouldn't call the PnP better, just probably more convenient unfortunately overpriced, the T-Vape has poor battery life while the PnP isn't better the T-Vape is significantly worse at times, and the usage of the PnP is easier, I personally wouldn't settle with a T-Vape until I hear more about the 2nd iteration. But wouldn't choose a PnP until I hear an official we've changed the internals or removed all melt able parts. But I'm still waiting for a better thought out designs from Vapor Blunt they've released some interesting products but none seem like something you'd keep when the new one comes around.

Last edited:
paytonpenn,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Yoosh

As far as payton mentioning the Tvape 2, when does that come out and any word on price point? Anyone else have opinion on the original tvape? I think I can get one for under $100 on Ebay but if the PnP is better, I'd rather pay a lbit more and get that.

i personally wouldnt say the pnp is better than the tvape. my pnp has worked fine enough but if i am going to use a session vape (where it heats up your herb and produces vapor for a period of time) there are many others Id prefer. with the tvape you manually take your hits-the method i generally prefer. simple speaking, the tvape fills a niche in my arsenal and the pnp doesnt. personal preference of course.

the tvape 2.0 looks promising and should be good but it may be a few weeks before its released to the public and im not yet certain how different it will be performance-wise from the original tvape.

Yoosh,

eyesofgood

Whew $25 for shipping! Is it coming from overseas? Do you mind giving me instructions/proper link to get the $75 price. I do see a person on Ebay who I could probably get it at $80 free shipping. So do yo think I could remove that symbol?

Still trying to decide between FM for $75/80 or PnP for around $130. Big difference and I'm cheap so it's looking more and more like FM. Anymore thumbs up for the FM? Convince me it's a solid choice for that price.

eyesofgood,

eyesofgood

You can cover the logo with vinyl wrap.

It is coming overseas, it's probably best to goto with the dealers recommended in the thread.

http://vnice.en.alibaba.com/
Flower@vnicecig.com

Have you looked at the FM thread you'll get only thumbs up from people who own it. I would personally choose it over another T-Vape, definitely over the PnP.

Good call on the wrap. How long does it typically take for it to arrive from Shenzhen Vnice wherever they are located? One other question... it says it has a built in 2600 battery. This doesn't mean you can't remove it for a fresh one does it?

eyesofgood,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
You cannot remove but you should have no need to. I know many users have said the 25 dollar shipping pays to get it to you quickly. You may want to read the thread and pm the users who bought from them. I bought through a different seller and my package was hung up in Chicago for an entire week.

paytonpenn,

eyesofgood

You cannot remove but you should have no need to. I know many users have said the 25 dollar shipping pays to get it to you quickly. You may want to read the thread and pm the users who bought from them. I bought through a different seller and my package was hung up in Chicago for an entire week.

Ok, hope their is no customs charge on top of the 75

eyesofgood,

Wizsteve

Ok, hope their is no customs charge on top of the 75

unless they send it as a gift there will always be one depending on the value thats placed on package(its under 100 you may not see any or should not be too much i would guess 7.50 to 15 dollars also depends on item).

always look for free shipping i remember winning a auction on ebay once for a webcam for 99 cents and free shipping he paid 15 dollars to ship and there was no custom fees

Last edited:
Wizsteve,

eyesofgood

Goodness, finally started looking at that Grasshopper. That's what I need. Might have to suck it up and wait a couple months(HOPEFULLY that's what it will be time wise).

eyesofgood,

VapeVoice

The Pax. It looks like a piece of tech, like an mp3 player, when its has the mouthpiece retracted. Hits like a champ.

VapeVoice,

Yoosh

Goodness, finally started looking at that Grasshopper. That's what I need. Might have to suck it up and wait a couple months(HOPEFULLY that's what it will be time wise).

I, personally, wouldn't hold my breath for that one. I think (hope) that they'll deliver but at this point there isn't the definitive proof I require.

If you can go a couple months without a new vape then by all means, personally I'd recommend jumping on the inhalater campaign instead. Not as sleek but much more proven of a technology.

Hell, I'll end up getting both eventually. :evil:

eyesofgood

Pax look great and is very inconspicuous looking. Easy to completely cup in one hand and nearly cover the whole thing. The price is only thing that keeps me away.

Inhalater will probably run me about $180 with shipping I believe. I'm a daily vaper I'm the type where a couple of short sessions a day does me fine. I really want to spend in the $100 or below area. For the styling of the Grasshopper, it's just has too much of what I want to not be a little patient and give it a chance to come out. Probably gonna track their updates over the next 30 days and see where they are saying they're at in production. It will be an interesting month to see if a super sleek, amazingly stealthy pen has finally been produced that actually vapes, not combusts. That would be the best $100 I've spent in a minute.

eyesofgood,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
The Grasshopper will cost more then it did when they were fund raising "If" it actually sees the light of day.
Think of spending $150-$200 if you didn't already send 'em the money for the crowd funding thing.

I do use the t-vape and like it as a backup but my go-to-carry-around-in-the-pocket electronic vape is the Davinci, It's only the size of a pack of smokes, simple to use and share and can be found for a little over $100 bucks, $120-130ish. it keeps me happy.

right now the only battery powered vaporizer available regularly for less then $100 that I would recommend would be the Vapir NO2. Large, no frills, reliable.

:peace:

RUDE BOY,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I definitely recommend waiting, but do suggest choosing an inexpensive vape to tide you in the meantime like the firewood hammer or flowermate, a tvape would be nice to have but when the grasshopper comes it will most likely never be used.

Yoosh

I agree with both rudeboy & payton.

I own both the davinci and tvape and enjoy them both (generally prefer the tvape for its easy pairing with glass and the davinci for walks).

On the other hand I don't foresee the tvape being replaced by the grasshopper for me (which I do plan on purchasing, if it reaches its claims). The grasshopper never seemed like a cloud-machine to me, moreso a perfect, quick on-the-go unit for stealth. If it accomplishes that then fantastic but I still think a bigger, home-unit style portable should be considered.

Again this all revolves around your needs. The flowermate may not be the right choice if youre focused on higher-temp vaping. The tvape may not be the right choice if you value amazing flavor. Etc etc etc. More important than the unit itself is your needs. I'd say wait for the grasshopper to pan out and then reassess, which seems to be what you're doing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom