T-Bucket Banger System by NewVape

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
T-bucket worth the investment? I have been looking at enails. Trying to decide what one I want. Thinking about pulling the trigger on the t bucket bunddle with rdk 300. Or just buying parts of d-nail with rdk 300.

HELL YES!

Nigh on indestructible. Awesome flavour. Awesome temp control. High efficiency with dish temp, quick reaction from insert to controller temps. Easy to clean. Huge dish surface. Upgrade path to a Tsunami. Takes huge dabs, and tiny dab perfectly.

Auber are currently upgrading their firmware to support 'boost' modes (or 'glob' mode as they're called on other more expensive controllers), which I've asked them to do for use with the T-Bucket.

Basic answer, yes, its worth the investment.

EDIT: @RustyOldNail I have slightly adapted your method of keeping your controller down at a low temp, but for different reasons to you. I'm down at 350f permanently, put the dab in the dish, turn the temp up to my usual dab temp during the first inhale (EDIT: Above my usual dab temp, so the dish reaches my usual dab temp quicker), and back down to 350f once the vapour gets thick. Awesome stuff. I am having my cake and eating it. Thanks again for your input.

Last edited:

Dubmonkey

Here is some info on some CCa710 liger air parts fitting on to a Tbucket:

-AugustHau coil for liger air fits Tbucket fits if you flip the coil cover from new vape.
-AH coil and CCA710 AH cool cover is made up of two pieces. One piece bolts on from the bottom to cover the coil and fits when used by itself. The second part is the top cover of the coil cover. This part doesn’t fit the Tbucket due to the shape of the Tbucket joint out of the bucket.
-CCA710 storm cap with four holes fits Tbucket.
-CCA710 tsunami cap fits for the most part but doesn’t feel to fall into the fit of the bucket. It fits but feels it could fit better and not topple off easily.
-CCA710 sapphire dish fits Tbucket.

will report back on change in temps from possibly using the cca710 AH coil cover and how the storm cap works.

nspatient

You can make a thick paste out of baking soda and distilled water to soak your sapphire in, cleans much faster than simple green.

This worked great, thanks for the suggestion.

I tried a cold start last night, going from off to 570F on the Auber. It was OK, but I think I'd need to be taking much bigger dabs to make it worthwhile. The hits were pretty wispy when the flavor was at it's best.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
This worked great, thanks for the suggestion.

I tried a cold start last night, going from off to 570F on the Auber. It was OK, but I think I'd need to be taking much bigger dabs to make it worthwhile. The hits were pretty wispy when the flavor was at it's best.

Bigger dabs are much easier to take with an uptemp, as its more likely to stagger the experience and irritate less, so its worth doing :) I'd recommend starting from a low temp, rather than a completely cold start. If you can check dish temps, that makes things even easier to uptemp accurately with.

I'm currently starting at ~350f and uptemping to ~420f/450f, dish temp. Its pretty damn lovely, plenty clouds.

Last edited:

nspatient

Bigger dabs are much easier to take with an uptemp, as its more likely to stagger the experience and irritate less, so its worth doing :) I'd recommend starting from a low temp, rather than a completely cold start. If you can check dish temps, that makes things even easier to uptemp accurately with.

I'm currently starting at ~350f and uptemping to ~420f/450f, dish temp. Its pretty damn lovely, plenty clouds.

I'll attempt this and report back. I recently got done with an experimental week long tolerance break, and it significantly reduced the amount of concentrate that I need to use. Great for my wallet, but not so conducive to experimentation.

nspatient,
Reactions: EmDeemo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I'll attempt this and report back. I recently got done with an experimental week long tolerance break, and it significantly reduced the amount of concentrate that I need to use. Great for my wallet, but not so conducive to experimentation.

If you can get some pure CBD, without the terpenes, I've found that an effective additive for giving more cloud clout but not by having to consume overwhelming amounts of thc.

Alternatively, since I got hold of some THCA, I've found that works great for getting more clouds at lower temps.

Best of both worlds :D

nspatient

If you can get some pure CBD, without the terpenes, I've found that an effective additive for giving more cloud clout but not by having to consume overwhelming amounts of thc.

Alternatively, since I got hold of some THCA, I've found that works great for getting more clouds at lower temps.

Best of both worlds :D

I have access to CBD extracts and THCA diamonds. I might try the latter as the pricing on the former is atrocious.

I tried a 450F -> 570F sweep tonight on the auber (Dish temps likely 330F-450F). It was interesting. I got a few hits that didn't milk up the rig, but were *very* flavorful. Then some "tangy" harsher hits to finish it off. Certainly the technique I'd use to get the best impression of flavor. Extract was a Strawberry Apricot cured badder. I'll move on to live resins and diamonds/sauce as soon as I can manage :lol:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I have access to CBD extracts and THCA diamonds. I might try the latter as the pricing on the former is atrocious.

I tried a 450F -> 570F sweep tonight on the auber (Dish temps likely 330F-450F). It was interesting. I got a few hits that didn't milk up the rig, but were *very* flavorful. Then some "tangy" harsher hits to finish it off. Certainly the technique I'd use to get the best impression of flavor. Extract was a Strawberry Apricot cured badder. I'll move on to live resins and diamonds/sauce as soon as I can manage :lol:

I woulda thunk the CBD would be the cheaper option, thats surprising to me.

This is not aimed at you btw, but I've just had this thought on my mind today and said similar to member privately... While I love clouds as much as the rest of us, I do think there is an occasional slight pitfall on FC where we focus a bit too much on clouds. Obviously, they look great on camera and for people to see whats possible, but the effects really are the thing.

@invertedisdead mentioned yesterday in a different thread about how terpenes start to burn at a dish temp of ~500f, so there is a certain point where we might not be able to taste burning but we aint fucking combustion any more either.

Very glad I got a cheap digital thermometer with ktype probes way back when. I'd recommend folks buy one. Im sure there is plenty on FC to read on the subject, and the site has a nice search function. This post is already way too off topic :D

nspatient

So I'm finding that I'd like to have a carb cap option with more airflow than the 1 hole universal from NewVape. Anyone have good luck with a bubble cap or any other directional caps? I'm not sure if @NewVape710 was still planning on stocking those Coojo caps.

nspatient,
Reactions: LesPlenty

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
I've been trying to convince myself that i'm satisfied with the Vrod for concentrates but I keep entertaining the tbucket/dcup.

@emmdeemo Talk me off (or push me off) the ledge. I'm more of a flower guy but I do enjoy concentrates and I'm sitting on 5 grams of shatter. I'm also looking into pressing my own rosin as I have to pay a premium for quality concentrates here in Floriduh. I have no complaints with the Vrod but I am intrigued by the dcup/tbucket and contemplating purchasing one during a possible 4/20 sale. I know the sapphire dish outclasses the Sic but how would you compare performance between vaping on the Vrod and dcup/tbucket Sic dishes?

tranceporter,
Reactions: LesPlenty

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I know the sapphire dish outclasses the Sic but how would you compare performance between vaping on the Vrod and dcup/tbucket Sic dishes?

No offence to the VRod, I was a big fan, and loved it, and still do for what it is, but its a night and day difference when it comes to purely dabbing. SiC dabbing compared to sapphire is a bit like having a coffee flavoured drink compared to a freshly roasted, freshly ground cup of Ethiopian Yrgacheffe made by that hot, skilled, barista you fancy.

SiC with a large open dish is much easier to keep clean, no need for terp pearls, lower temps, better efficiency. TBucket just wins out over the DCup, and the tbucket is better for not getting the glass connector hot.

What else? Help me be more specific to what you're asking? :)

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
No offence to the VRod, I was a big fan, and loved it, and still do for what it is, but its a night and day difference when it comes to purely dabbing. SiC dabbing compared to sapphire is a bit like having a coffee flavoured drink compared to a freshly roasted, freshly ground cup of Ethiopian Yrgacheffe made by that hot, skilled, barista you fancy.

SiC with a large open dish is much easier to keep clean, no need for terp pearls, lower temps, better efficiency. TBucket just wins out over the DCup, and the tbucket is better for not getting the glass connector hot.

What else? Help me be more specific to what you're asking? :)

I guess I was just looking for confirmation to purchase the Tbucket and now I will when the next sale pops up. Thank you sir.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I guess I was just looking for confirmation to purchase the Tbucket and now I will when the next sale pops up. Thank you sir.

Its a step up, alright. It will show off those flavours more readily than the VRod. Its much easier and simpler for concentrate use.

I know there is a big leap from SiC to sapphire, cost wise, but its really worth it. It will likely spoil you tho and you wont want to go back to SiC ever again :D

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Emmdeemo knows.....

I don’t own a TCup, but I doubt I’d prefer it to the design of my DCup, as I like the lid over the dish. I solved the issue of not being able to remove the 14mm male post from the female glass while hot by putting a PTFE sleeve on the male post. Slides in and out easy, and protects the glass.

And always remember if you go Sapphire, to respect its one downside, THERMAL SHOCK. Good luck!

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I have a DCup and vrod and can say it’s on another level above the v-rod. There is so much more area for the dab in the 30 mm dish. The airflow is optimized. It doesn’t have to sit on a bowl piece. Just better all around. :)

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
T-bucket arrived last weekend and it's pretty amazing. The sapphire dish really does bring the flavor out and it is a substantial upgrade over Vrod dabbing.

My t-bucket doesn't seem to be effective under 600F though. It could be the shatter I'm using but it didn't even melt at 450-515F. I'll try pressing some rosin and seeing if I have better results with lower temps.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
T-bucket arrived last weekend and it's pretty amazing. The sapphire dish really does bring the flavor out and it is a substantial upgrade over Vrod dabbing.

My t-bucket doesn't seem to be effective under 600F though. It could be the shatter I'm using but it didn't even melt at 450-515F. I'll try pressing some rosin and seeing if I have better results with lower temps.

Remember, its dish temp you need to know, not controller temp.

Top Bottom