T-Bucket Banger System by NewVape

kyshxo

Could I pretty please request the following video from anyone that will help!

I’m trying to see the T-Bucket with Sapphire Dish with no Pearls with a 0.1g at 600ish degrees?

kyshxo,
Reactions: EmDeemo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Oof, 600 is a bit high for me, buddy. IMHO, that will just scorch the dab. I did 0.2 at 480f and that went down in 3 inhales, so 0.1 at 600f is going to be a bit full of coughing I think.

The dab will go down in one inhale, I think thats certain :)

EDIT:

Last edited:
EmDeemo,

kyshxo

Oof, 600 is a bit high for me, buddy. IMHO, that will just scorch the dab. I did 0.2 at 480f and that went down in 3 inhales, so 0.1 at 600f is going to be a bit full of coughing I think.

The dab will go down in one inhale, I think thats certain :)

EDIT:

Could I see a 0.1 at the highest temperature you feel comfortable? Thank you!

kyshxo,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Could I pretty please request the following video from anyone that will help!

I’m trying to see the T-Bucket with Sapphire Dish with no Pearls with a 0.1g at 600ish degrees?

Sorry, not setup for videos.

May I ask what you are specifically looking to “see” with such a video. I’ve been continuing my experimentation with my DCup Sapphire setup since I got it not long ago. (Mostly due to all the great posts on it by emmdeemo, my thanks to him, also the reason after over 10 years I finally joined this site)

I’ve been trying low-med-high temp dabs. The high temps are an attempt to replicate the kind of hits I’ve been experiencing for over the past 10 years on a “Highly Educated - Infiniti” titanium nail. I knew even then that the torch and timing approach was to inaccurate to learn much for my needs. Back then the first PID temperature control units started to appear, they were 3-5X more expensive then today’s offerings like the Auber 300A which I use now on the DCup. There were some little quartz glass nails, I played with, ceramic was just an expensive dream offered by a few sites with no stock, and some original negative reviews on the material itself. No drop ins to a quartz banger as is popular now, but I wanted to have a more precise temperature control, and get away from a torch. Stumbled across the DCup thread as a long time lurker, read every post, went back to many of “emmdeemo” posts and reread them, as he is a sly writer, and a frequent poster on the subjects I’m interested in.

Anyways, sorry for the lifetime story, I’ll post more on my temperature control experiences and experiments if anyone is interested.

So, to your original question, what you will see at that temperature on a sapphire 30mm dish, is instant, violent boiling. Suck, and cap as quick as you can, and then if like me, choke and spit up phlegm for 10 minutes, but enjoy a boosted THC ride, along with whatever other BAD stuff that may be released at high Vape temps. I still have a ton more experiments to do over the entire temp range, as the end experience from what I’ve been seeing can vary widely.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
THIS!

So, to your original question, what you will see at that temperature on a sapphire 30mm dish, is instant, violent boiling. Suck, and cap as quick as you can, and then if like me, choke and spit up phlegm for 10 minutes, but enjoy a boosted THC ride, along with whatever other BAD stuff that may be released at high Vape temps. I still have a ton more experiments to do over the entire temp range, as the end experience from what I’ve been seeing can vary widely.

I like to get to that point where there is a tiny bit of moisture left in the dish, just a tad of a temp down from any of the clean up being black. At that point, inhale speed can make all the difference, especially with a 1 hole carb cap. I can go a bit slower for the casual experience, or do a really sharp/fast inhale and get a bigger hit (I think this is why a 'glob mode' will probably be a good idea for me when I want a big hit).

This way, I can avoid nearly all coughing and phlegm. Any hotter and that 10 minutes of phlegm accumulates and extends until its there permanently and I have to stop for a few days, inhalers stop working blah blah blah. Its just not worth the trade off.

Vaping to the point where I have to use other medication to be able to breathe is just fucking stupid :)

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Yes @ctv47 the tbucket can be adjusted for angled glass.

angle_740x.jpg

Dubmonkey

For me the other variable is the type of concentrate as it can leave black stuff behind or scorch easy.

Tried last night and let it heat soak for a while at 395 and then glob mode to 520 and got some burny oil taste at the top maybe around 490. Going to go lower like 300 and go to 460. Sapphire may also be more efficient so lower temps are possible. I am not interested in doing any 600 degree dabs as I know it will be a burn fest for me.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
For me the other variable is the type of concentrate as it can leave black stuff behind or scorch easy.

Tried last night and let it heat soak for a while at 395 and then glob mode to 520 and got some burny oil taste at the top maybe around 490. Going to go lower like 300 and go to 460. Sapphire may also be more efficient so lower temps are possible. I am not interested in doing any 600 degree dabs as I know it will be a burn fest for me.

Yes! Type of concentrates! For sure.

300 to 460! Holy moly! I want some of that! :D What controller is this with again please? The KubeOne?

EmDeemo,

kyshxo

Sorry, not setup for videos.

May I ask what you are specifically looking to “see” with such a video. I’ve been continuing my experimentation with my DCup Sapphire setup since I got it not long ago. (Mostly due to all the great posts on it by emmdeemo, my thanks to him, also the reason after over 10 years I finally joined this site)

I’ve been trying low-med-high temp dabs. The high temps are an attempt to replicate the kind of hits I’ve been experiencing for over the past 10 years on a “Highly Educated - Infiniti” titanium nail. I knew even then that the torch and timing approach was to inaccurate to learn much for my needs. Back then the first PID temperature control units started to appear, they were 3-5X more expensive then today’s offerings like the Auber 300A which I use now on the DCup. There were some little quartz glass nails, I played with, ceramic was just an expensive dream offered by a few sites with no stock, and some original negative reviews on the material itself. No drop ins to a quartz banger as is popular now, but I wanted to have a more precise temperature control, and get away from a torch. Stumbled across the DCup thread as a long time lurker, read every post, went back to many of “emmdeemo” posts and reread them, as he is a sly writer, and a frequent poster on the subjects I’m interested in.

Anyways, sorry for the lifetime story, I’ll post more on my temperature control experiences and experiments if anyone is interested.

Thank you for the feedback! I've never had anything other Ti and Quartz so I don't know how the temps work! I am trying to recreate the clouds of Ti and the flavor of Quartz.

kyshxo,

RustyOldNail

Thank you for the feedback! I've never had anything other Ti and Quartz so I don't know how the temps work! I am trying to recreate the clouds of Ti and the flavor of Quartz.

I think you’d be happy with either the DCup or TCup, vaping off glass or better yet, Sapphire. It’s a lot smoother, cleaner and potentially healthier. I find already that I’m using smaller dabs, sorry don’t measure mine, became a temperature OCD type. Also switched to a smaller 9” single perk rig sold by NewVape (made by ThickAssGlass), I think it recently went out of stock on both sites, I like it enough to get a backup, cheap and solid and does the job for dabs.

RustyOldNail,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

Ah ha! I dont have smell-o-vision installed so a video for flavour wont help much :)

I feel fairly confident in saying that anyone round these parts with the prerequisite experience will tell you that clouds are plentiful with sapphire and the dcup/tbuck, and that the flavour of sapphire is unquestionably great.

I came from Ti/Quartz myself (with a torch tho).

nspatient

Pulled the trigger on the T-bucket banger w/ Sapphire dish from the CH sale. Can't wait for it to get here. I've been using my Vrod (SiC dish, 2 hole carb) as a daily driver for a while now, but I've moved over to primarily using concentrates. Keeping the Vrod clean isn't my favorite pastime.

What's a good temp to use as a starting point to dial in flavor? I've got some live resin/diamonds/badder on hand, if that matters.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Pulled the trigger on the T-bucket banger w/ Sapphire dish from the CH sale. Can't wait for it to get here. I've been using my Vrod (SiC dish, 2 hole carb) as a daily driver for a while now, but I've moved over to primarily using concentrates. Keeping the Vrod clean isn't my favorite pastime.

What's a good temp to use as a starting point to dial in flavor? I've got some live resin/diamonds/badder on hand, if that matters.

You're gonna love how easy and simple it is to keep the sapphire dish clean. No disassembly needed.

Starting temp... With a 1 hole cap, 450f seems like a good place. Go up or down depending on dab size, inhale speed etc etc.

EmDeemo,

Dubmonkey

Just snagged one of those new Adapt Tech semi sphere ruby gems for the TBucket. Also fits a Peak which I will try. Not expecting the semi sphere to roll around like a terp pearl. But just add some agitation. Will report back...

Dubmonkey,

nspatient

You're gonna love how easy and simple it is to keep the sapphire dish clean. No disassembly needed.

Starting temp... With a 1 hole cap, 450f seems like a good place. Go up or down depending on dab size, inhale speed etc etc.

Nice - what's the reclaim buildup like on the T-Bucket itself?

nspatient,

RustyOldNail

In my case, small dab size. Let’s say at about 450-465f, I turn off the PID, when the temperature decreases to below 400f, I mop the Sapphire dish with a 2 x QTips (I pull on the ends a bit to fluff the cotton). The first end of first QTip gets most of remaining oil. So not much left behind, this would have been some of the crap I would have been inhaling off a high temp titanium nail dab. If you do larger dabs and can’t or like me don’t have the lung capacity anymore, you’ll get more left behind, or do really low temps, and too large a dose for the heat level. There is no one “amount” answer, all the variables are somewhat interrelated.

BE CAREFUL if you own an expensive sapphire dish!!!

Their biggest drawback is “low thermal shock”. I read somewhere that a 300f temperature difference can cause it to crack. (I have not been able to vet that claim)

I let the PID ramp up and down the temp, the cycles are slow enough, no shock, accidentally drop some cold water on the hot sapphire dish, and it can crack. I like to clean the dish right away before it and the reclaim get cold. At first, I was waiting till my PID cooled to 300f, but I got impatient, and now feel comfortable mopping at or below 400f, don’t want to push it anymore, these pieces ain’t cheap. (It’s only a few minutes to wait, and I’m usually coughing anyway) Now after 2 QTips, the cup is very clean, and I could Vape again immediately. I like it clean for every new dab. If I don’t plan to use it for a few hours, I turn the PID off, once the cup is totally cool, I mop the dish with 99% ISO, this could be done later, right before the next time I dab. NEVER touch the dish with anything while it’s real hot, and other then a hard drop, should last a long time.

CLEANING a Sapphire dish: After I first started using it, some sugar wax, some shatter, I noticed some amber staining in some spots. ISO and a scrubber pad didn’t touch it, the light stains were see through clear, not material that could be scrapped. I remember recently reading about the great results people had using “Simple Green - CRYSTAL”, on their rigs and dirty bongs. It’s like their unscented industrial version, cheap gallon size on Amazon. I let the Sapphire cup sit in a small glass cup in the SG overnight. Next day it was totally clean and clear. Tried the same thing again a week later, and discovered that it didn’t seem to be working in the first hours I was checking on it, waited till the next day, perfect. So the stuff needs time to work it’s magic, but you don’t have to stir or shake, just let it sit, wash off with water and ISO, works really great on glass rigs too.

nspatient

In my case, small dab size. Let’s say at about 450-465f, I turn off the PID, when the temperature decreases to below 400f, I mop the Sapphire dish with a 2 x QTips (I pull on the ends a bit to fluff the cotton). The first end of first QTip gets most of remaining oil. So not much left behind, this would have been some of the crap I would have been inhaling off a high temp titanium nail dab. If you do larger dabs and can’t or like me don’t have the lung capacity anymore, you’ll get more left behind, or do really low temps, and too large a dose for the heat level. There is no one “amount” answer, all the variables are somewhat interrelated.

BE CAREFUL if you own an expensive sapphire dish!!!

Their biggest drawback is “low thermal shock”. I read somewhere that a 300f temperature difference can cause it to crack. (I have not been able to vet that claim)

I let the PID ramp up and down the temp, the cycles are slow enough, no shock, accidentally drop some cold water on the hot sapphire dish, and it can crack. I like to clean the dish right away before it and the reclaim get cold. At first, I was waiting till my PID cooled to 300f, but I got impatient, and now feel comfortable mopping at or below 400f, don’t want to push it anymore, these pieces ain’t cheap. (It’s only a few minutes to wait, and I’m usually coughing anyway) Now after 2 QTips, the cup is very clean, and I could Vape again immediately. I like it clean for every new dab. If I don’t plan to use it for a few hours, I turn the PID off, once the cup is totally cool, I mop the dish with 99% ISO, this could be done later, right before the next time I dab. NEVER touch the dish with anything while it’s real hot, and other then a hard drop, should last a long time.

CLEANING a Sapphire dish: After I first started using it, some sugar wax, some shatter, I noticed some amber staining in some spots. ISO and a scrubber pad didn’t touch it, the light stains were see through clear, not material that could be scrapped. I remember recently reading about the great results people had using “Simple Green - CRYSTAL”, on their rigs and dirty bongs. It’s like their unscented industrial version, cheap gallon size on Amazon. I let the Sapphire cup sit in a small glass cup in the SG overnight. Next day it was totally clean and clear. Tried the same thing again a week later, and discovered that it didn’t seem to be working in the first hours I was checking on it, waited till the next day, perfect. So the stuff needs time to work it’s magic, but you don’t have to stir or shake, just let it sit, wash off with water and ISO, works really great on glass rigs too.

Wow, thanks for the in depth info. I've seen videos of people using other sapphire inserts for dabbing and they seem to be applying the dab with a tool, more or less directly to the insert. What's the proper procedure for loading the sapphire dish and taking a dab?

RustyOldNail

Wow, thanks for the in depth info. I've seen videos of people using other sapphire inserts for dabbing and they seem to be applying the dab with a tool, more or less directly to the insert. What's the proper procedure for loading the sapphire dish and taking a dab?

Interesting question, I like that are doing your research, something I enjoy when considering a new product, especially one that creates something you will be inhaling to defenseless lung tissues.

I probably watched the same videos as you, not that long ago. So again, coming from a titanium nail background, with limited glass experience, I had a lot to catch up on for the past 10 years. My first reaction to see metal dab tools directly contacting, what I first thought of as “glass”, or even quartz, was wow! Had to go look up the MOH hardness chart, and sapphire. First heard of it as a vaping surface was stumbling across a “Liger” thread here. That design excited me and seemed to solve a lot of issues to me. Besides being on the expensive side I didn’t care for the unfortunate drama that unfolded with the now out of business vendor.

Up next, reading about the DCup and sapphire dish, mostly from member Emmdeemo, likes em enough to own two, I do that with certain products as well. (He is now also using the TCup too). He covered the DCup in detail from personal use in great detail, as well as many tests with 30mm dishes. From this I was sold on trying a sapphire dab surface. And thus had to learn about CRYSTALS, oh no another rabbit hole...

It’s not glass, quartz, SIC, or ceramic. A lab made crystal. As discussed in my post a few back, have to always mention it’s only major downside, THERMAL SHOCK. Now what it beats all those others I mentioned, it’s a 9 - NINE on the MOH hardness scale, a diamond is 10. Look the chart up to refresh your memory.

So now that I’ve bored you to tears, both a stainless steel, or titanium dabber tool with not scratch a sapphire surface.

Now as for proper technique, maybe some other members will chime in. So far I dislike rubbing the dab directly from the dabber across the surface, but for these reasons. From a lot of videos I’ve seen of folks doing dabs on these very devices, they start inhaling with moving the dab around, and then carb cap while continuing to inhale. For me personally, I no longer have the lung power to catch the beginning of the vaporization on the initial dab. So I really like to get the dab in fast, and quickly cap, then inhale. Even with the two hole stock carb cap, I pull as slow as I can, while slowly turning the cap to move the air a bit inside. Even for a small dab, I never have enough room left in my “smokers lungs”. So while I’m not sure of you background with all this stuff, but you are asking all the right questions. And therefore I’ll assume you like many here like to experiment, and the proper way to get it in this bucket, is the one you will find why having fun trying different ways. As per the reasons I listed above, I try to get the wax or shatter, on the very tip of my dabber, and try to tap the dabber rod on the metal cup edge, dropping the load. Some taffy type shatter can be rolled into a ball in your finger, good for dropping. As my DCup doesn’t sit quite level I often pick up the whole rig and watch the oil distribute across the sapphire surface, just for a second or two, get my breath ready and quickly cap. It’s still a work in progress. On a titanium nail, my dabs were inhaled in one take, because a lot of the vapor was so hot, and nothing left behind, you got it all, good and bad.

Oh, and one other thing..... if you go with the moving dabber applying directly on the surface, be careful of pushing any up the side of the cup, it can flow up and over the cup into the heated cup holder. There were a few times early on I had a bit of some concentrate that stayed stuck to the dabber no matter how many time I kept touching to the surface, and I was losing carb cap time. So I rubbed the dabber tip all around the edge of the dish, it came of..... but some ended up going up and over.

Now I’ll save the rest for you next question, which is “what happens after an oil overflow”? :)

EDIT: I have been sloppy since joining and posting. Shout out to @Baron23

Not sure he follows this TCup thread, and my posts here should actually be in the DCup thread but the designs are very similar. But, Baron23 through his posts in many threads here and on other forums has been immensely helpful in helping guide me through the sea of misinformation. One of his posts introduced me to the features of the Auber PID, amongst many other helpful tips. THANKS!

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

Minimal. Less than the dcup and that was very minimal as it was. I've been using a drop down so I can collect reclaim easier, as I have a decent amount of rosin atm. There hasnt been as much reclaim as I expected at all.

Most often, I've been using a small ball point tipped Ti dabber from NV, hovered over the dish till the dab drops off :)

Now what it beats all those others I mentioned, it’s a 9 - NINE on the MOH hardness scale, a diamond is 10.

I did not know this, and its a good thing to know :) Thanks.

RustyOldNail

0.1 @ 465f. I left the cough in for good measure :) Did the best I could, lungs were not into it :)

Wow, not sure how you guys accurately measure your dabs gram weights, but on camera that dab looked big. Guess I’ve been too much micro dabbing to get used to my DCup, and I was afraid of too much puddle left if I put too much in for the set temp. I’m often at 465f shortly I’ll have a material re-supply and will have to increase my dab size. Thanks for taking the time to video and upload, your drop in was out of frame, but I got the idea. The rest was sharp and clear.

RustyOldNail,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
This is exactly what I needed to see!

Good stuff. Enough clouds? I coulda taken the temp up a bit and got the dab down in fewer inhales, but as you saw from the initial coughing, my lungs may not have been up to it.

Wow, not sure how you guys accurately measure your dabs gram weights, but on camera that dab looked big. Guess I’ve been too much micro dabbing to get used to my DCup, and I was afraid of too much puddle left if I put too much in for the set temp. I’m often at 465f shortly I’ll have a material re-supply and will have to increase my dab size. Thanks for taking the time to video and upload, your drop in was out of frame, but I got the idea. The rest was sharp and clear.

It was a bit of a struggle, I'd rather be down at 415f permanently tbh. The thing with bigger dabs is, if you have the temp set a little higher to compensate, the temp drop on each inhale is so tiny that the vapour will just keep on coming until the dab ends. Its not like quartz and a torch where each inhale is losing temp.

Man, I love these devices :)

EDIT: @RustyOldNail Worth bearing in mind that my dabs are usually a third or a quarter the size of that dab. I wouldnt normally put myself thru that :)

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

Good stuff. Enough clouds? I coulda taken the temp up a bit and got the dab down in fewer inhales, but as you saw from the initial coughing, my lungs may not have been up to it.

It was a bit of a struggle, I'd rather be down at 415f permanently tbh. The thing with bigger dabs is, if you have the temp set a little higher to compensate, the temp drop on each inhale is so tiny that the vapour will just keep on coming until the dab ends. Its not like quartz and a torch where each inhale is losing temp.

Man, I love these devices :)

Taking one for the cause!

I know you are a lower temp person. I got into temp control, to control one of the many Vape variables, guessing time and temp on a Ti nail, not scientific enough for me after 10 years. But besides now knowing the temperature my dab surface is, I have been hoping since I began concentrate dabbing was to see how low-med-high temps effected my coughing. I still cough at any temp. At 450f and below, coughing fits are not as intense and don’t last as long as higher temps, but I don’t get the same THC high I get at higher temps. I certainly get medicated. My theory is while lower temps are less harsh, the atomized oil particles while “vapor”, are lager then those created when at higher temperatures, though too high and you could be close to a combustion temp, and get “smoke”, instead of vapor, probably a lot of my Ti nail dabs were a bit of both, though you sure get a THC blast, along with whatever other good/bad things in the sauce. Those old nail hits would cause severe coughing fits, lasting 10-15 minutes, and giving me chest muscle cramps, from the muscle spasms, that could last a day. I had to keep trying and find a better way, still looking for the magic, minimal cough temp and dab.......

I know the material matters a lot in getting the temp dialed in, sugar waxes are touted more for flavor, so I try to stick with Sativa shatters.

My biggest current issue, is I can’t choose my concentrates, other then “requesting”. I’m not in a state with legal dispensaries, so I get whatever my source gets in a batch. Goods are sealed and labeled with each brand and content listed. (I assume from a dispensary source). So while I trust the quality, I just have no real brand choices. I try and stick to sativa shatters.

RustyOldNail,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Taking one for the cause!

I know you are a lower temp person. I got into temp control, to control one of the many Vape variables, guessing time and temp on a Ti nail, not scientific enough for me after 10 years. But besides now knowing the temperature my dab surface is, I have been hoping since I began concentrate dabbing was to see how low-med-high temps effected my coughing. I still cough at any temp. At 450f and below, coughing fits are not as intense and don’t last as long as higher temps, but I don’t get the same THC high I get at higher temps. I certainly get medicated. My theory is while lower temps are less harsh, the atomized oil particles while “vapor”, are lager then those created when at higher temperatures, though too high and you could be close to a combustion temp, and get “smoke”, instead of vapor, probably a lot of my Ti nail dabs were a bit of both, though you sure get a THC blast, along with whatever other good/bad things in the sauce. Those old nail hits would cause severe coughing fits, lasting 10-15 minutes, and giving me chest muscle cramps, from the muscle spasms, that could last a day. I had to keep trying and find a better way, still looking for the magic, minimal cough temp and dab.......

I know the material matters a lot in getting the temp dialed in, sugar waxes are touted more for flavor, so I try to stick with Sativa shatters.

My biggest current issue, is I can’t choose my concentrates, other then “requesting”. I’m not in a state with legal dispensaries, so I get whatever my source gets in a batch. Goods are sealed and labeled with each brand and content listed. (I assume from a dispensary source). So while I trust the quality, I just have no real brand choices. I try and stick to sativa shatters.

Any interest in just making your own dabs instead? Thats ultimately the direction I went in as I have next to no access to concentrates at all. Can you get legal cbd concentrates? I find (and i have no idea how psychosomatic this is) that a little pure cbd mixed into the dab makes it easier to take the vapour, plus extra clouds to make it feel like I'm more of a toker than I actually am :D

EmDeemo,
Top Bottom