Swagger glass question...

Pcpvapors

At my favorite LHS he got in a mini swagger tube, inverted showerhead perc, push bowl, he's asking 175$ I'm really quite novice when it comes to scientific glass and was hoping to get some thoughts...

Pcpvapors,

SD_haze

Was it like this?

Looks pretty solid. It has an advantage over most stemless tubes in that there isnt a big chunk of water you have to pull down before the perc starts to fire.

Since it has so little water, it should definitely be a light diffusion. Flavor saver but the water is going to get smelly fast.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I haven't ever heard a bad word about their stuff. I've really liked the pieces I've seen and that video, is a new one for me. Looks solid made, I know they're considered HQ. If that's the piece, I'd jump on that (though I'd still try to talk them down).

Personally, I'd raise that water level just above those slits, instead of below. That's considerably less water, than my DR and it gets rank pretty fast. With that reverse perc, its going to add some drag, but I don't think a deal killer.

BigDaddyVapor,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
i own that piece personally, but i have a straight neck :)

i bought it, because everyone at Swagger said "its everyone's fav piece, top seller"

not sure if that video and what you're talking abouta are the same, but mine isnt a mini. the mini's are also nice :)

Pcpvapors

I believe it stands a little over 6 inches, I loved the hell out of its size and those reverse percs bubble pretty damn well (owner actually had a personal piece in the case filled to show). I'm just looking for a real solid Daily driver but prefer to be under 14", am very open to suggestions.

Pcpvapors,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Wow... I was looking for a possible listing for the piece you're looking at. Stumbled onto this. Not too long ago, some guy was trying to unload this exact same piece for $300.

Pretty sad, considering it retails for $180

NOTE: This piece stands only 6.5" (though its a bit deceiving that it would be a small piece. It just sits lower, because of the sidecar design/angle)

CLICKABLE

BigDaddyVapor,

Pcpvapors

I found the piece on the swagger site (I believe) but am definitely confused as it retails for 280$ ( original asking price at shops was 220$ 20% med discount and general coolness brought it down to 175$)

Pcpvapors,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
price never determines anything in a piece(for me), just how much less your pocket weighs by the time you get home.
also plays nice with buyers remorse

if you find a piece you like, buy it, because itl make you happy, not because of anything else, and you should have no probs.

my DG was expensive, buyers remorse? nope. worked like a dream.

if you like it BUY IT. if its too exensive, ask for a discount or make an offer, if that dosent work, you need new friends, or money :tup: ask around, second hand errl rigs can be cleaned like new (compared to some smoked thru pieces)

Xchadb,

Pcpvapors

my DG was expensive, buyers remorse? nope. worked like a dream

Is the DG worth the extra $? I can afford the DG but have been hesitant due to all the mixed reviews (and that rooster makes me cringe) and I've got him down a bit on the DG as well... (It'd be an extra 100$) it'll be primarily for flowers...

Pcpvapors,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Is the DG worth the extra $? I can afford the DG but have been hesitant due to all the mixed reviews (and that rooster makes me cringe) and I've got him down a bit on the DG as well... (It'd be an extra 100$) it'll be primarily for flowers...
it's incredibly frothily goodness, I have the micro can and take dabs and use the solo on it all day so smooth.

kushcabbage,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
i had the 18mm 18" puffers owns that beast now. its an errls machine, flowers, use something else, unless youre vaping ofcourse. fritted discs are delicate carefull what they filter. that bitch would stack a good foot and kiss me on the lips if you were not carefull (i always run water heavyer than i should) i like more drag.

the rooster will make you cringe until you own it. people see that rooster anywhere and they know whats up. youll figure it out.
buy one :)

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
After seeing how he treats his fawning customers, I would turn around and resell one of the **** bongs if someone gave it to me.

BigDaddyVapor,

Pcpvapors

Yeah that perc looks to be a blessing and a curse functions great but probably a motherfucker to clean....

Pcpvapors,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
well i never hit errls thru it, just for the special occasion haha, i loved using the SSV thru it, and could only imagine with the cloud now.

To each their own, i dont personally know anything about DG, but im with ya BDV, nobody has the right to just be an asshole.

i think the "patent pending" is super fucking douchey and way too 'status'

what patent? for the base? the "frit disc perc" the mouthpiece? the joint? god damn who cares, its a disc of crushed melted glass, ive seen people make them before its not impossible and its been in this glass industry for a long time as filters, i actually own two sintered glass discs 65mm and 60mm (maybe swagger can install me one for personal use?)

ANYWAYS, buy what makes you happy, if its supporting an artist you're after, well then go meet them and hand them cash, itl be worth it.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
^^ What Xchadb said.

I get douche chills when I see his pieces, so I could never own one myself. To each his own, tho.

:peace:

Stu,
Reactions: Globbs

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
heh

i think the only reason people buy his pieces is for function. i mean, you dont buy gas to support those oil companies do you? nah, just cause you're screwed and thats your only option :lol:

Xchadb,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Lol, he doesn't exactly inspire much brand loyalty with his bedside manor...
The pending patent is on the fritter perc itself AFAIK.

Diffusion wise, my 2 fritters are pretty much unmatched in my collection.

I still can't get over the sound it makes when you pull, it's 1 consistent whoosh, compared to even my mobius matrix, which while a smooth purr, is still distinctly the sound of multiple bubbles being formed.

The fritter looks diffy to clean, but for vapor/oils, its really not that bad...
Slosh some ISO in there like any other piece and it'll come out pretty damn clean.
If that fails PBW does the job nicely :tup:

Frederick McGuire,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
For the record I got my DG "pre-douche" :haw: or at least before I knew he was one anyway. A little legal birdie told me you can't get a federal patent on paraphernalia ;) At least I have destroyed the labels, they are a mess . . . I think the damage to the rooster came from Acid Magic, not PBW. Simple green works well for a liquid chemical degreaser, but hot water & PBW really cleans/whitens the frit. Love the diffusion on the DG though, its unique.

t-dub,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
As far as flowers go with a DG should I look elsewhere?
for smoking flowers? yea... i mean they have the glass filter things but, its up to you, always can use an ashcatcher.

for flowers via vaping, just use the highest flowing vape possible so you can get those stacks

while we are one the derp topic.
im just gonna throw it out there, im so tired of seeing people buy such nice glass, then they use an incredibly restricted airflow style vape, ill see like maybe a few bits of bubbles....vapor slowly form, and when they go to clear it STACKSSTACKSSTACKS.......like dont you understand unless those stacks are present while your vapor is being formed, then your vapor isnt being DIFFFUSED. Quit buying 300-600 pieces with proprietary percs to use low airflow vapes, just a diffused downstem tube would serve the exact same funtion(a few bubbles here and there) . Cant take that hit like other can cause your lungs dont work aswell anymore? got it...sure thing, just dont let me know "man this ___ hits so smooth, its prob better than my ____" no its not, its only gonna make as many bubbles as its gonna make when it comes down to choking an airflow point down to the width of a bic pen :nope: also in the amount of time it took you to milk up your piece, if it had more airflow you could of milked it three times over and had it in your lungs already(fresh not stale) by then if it didnt take so damn long to move thru the piece...

after realizing that, i stopped sucking so hard (on my solo) and in life, and started using vapes that get hotter(to keep up with the fast moving air) with wider airpaths. cause if i can take a ti nail and suck a dab down no prob, then imagine what those stacks can do for your vapor, quit wasting money and bragging, not fooling anybody, and ultimately joke is on you :horse: /rant

Xchadb,
Reactions: t-dub

Pcpvapors

Thanks chad! P.s. there's an electro formed swagger piece at my LHS don't know if it's your work or not but its damn sexy!

Pcpvapors,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
swagger has not done any e-forming until i have shown up, so that was prob done by a local dude for fun. and the only swagger piece i have touched so far is the circ hydratube, just waiting on supplies here, and then all ill be touching is swagger pieces. getting some out to the AGE show in vegas this year :)

Xchadb,
Top Bottom