1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Surprisingly strong effects from vaporizing chamomile

Discussion in 'Vaporizables' started by socialengineer, Jun 2, 2014.

1. socialengineer

socialengineer Member

I have been drinking chamomile tea for years and today I ran out of weed for the first time since I began vaporizing cannabis a year ago. I saw livestrong.com lists it as safe for vaporization, the US government says it may likely have anti-cancer effects, etc. I vaped 1 medium size dried chamomile flower with ~1 inch stem @ temperature 350F and I immediately felt a buzz, not a deep muscle relaxation just a warm buzz feeling, and I look in the mirror and my eyes are moderately bloodshot, not quite as much from cannabis but still noticeable. It also feels like there is pressure in my eyes and ears, just a little uncomfortable. Im not going to be vaping this anymore, it has a slight off feeling because of some of those less desirable effects and the buzz does not compete with cannabis IME. Though I guess I could get used to it. For the amount I used, especially for the weight used, I would dare say it is stronger than cannabis with my tolerance. I just weighed a flower of approx the same size to 0.04g. if i vaped 0.04g of cannabis the effects would be less strong I believe. Tea is not as strong obviously. The pressure is gone now after the first few minutes and the buzz remains.

Anyone have more experience with this? anyone have long term usage to report? what is the best temperature for this flower?
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
    RUDE BOY and EveryDayAmnesiac like this.
  2. EveryDayAmnesiac

EveryDayAmnesiac I have always been a storm ...

3. Deja Vu

Deja Vu Show compassion to animals

130 °C / 266 °F
    Relieved coughs and acts as a decongestant and anti-inflammatory :)
    It isn't traditionally used to 'relax' but I find that I get very tranquil and calm when I vape it :)
  4. shogem

shogem Member

I'm really interested in vaporizing other herbs like chamomile for my anxiety, but I only have portable vaporizers that start at 350+°F. Do you think this is too much, or will it produce desirable effects?
  5. Deja Vu

You'll get a few hits out of it but I wouldn't use it for too long. It'll get harsh and stinky lol. I vape it for about 10 minutes at 110C and 140C
  6. shogem

shogem Member

Interesting point. I don't really vape for more than a couple of minutes at a time, so maybe that will help if I don't want to purchase a desktop item right now.
    Deja Vu likes this.
  7. Deja Vu

Exactly. Just vape it for small amounts of time and then refill your vape. Chamomile is cheaper than bud anyway and you could even buy organic chamomile teabags from the supermarket and see which brand is the best for vaping haha.

I get these ones which are very strong in taste and aroma. The teas I make with it puts me right to sleep at the end of the day!
    http://www.australherbs.com.au/shop/item/chamomile-flowers-organic
  8. shogem

shogem Member

Thanks for the link! Are you located in Australia, by the way, or? I'm in California, and definitely like my medical cannabis, but this is a process, not a journey finished (into the realm of naturopathy, health, relaxation, et al). If you have any other online retail suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them. If that violates forum rules in any way (I don't remember off the top of my head), please feel free to send me a PM.
    Deja Vu likes this.
  9. Deja Vu

I don't work for them so I don't think it violates anything. That's just where I get the best prices (yep i'm from Australia)
    I avoid american herb sites due to the postage so I may not be of much help :(
    RUDE BOY likes this.
  10. shogem

shogem Member

Thanks for the info, though!

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors